PDA

View Full Version : SA Aquarium

JudynTX
11-24-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm gonna check it out. They have a deal where you can sleep with the sharks. :toast

http://www.sanantonioaquarium.net/

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2014, 12:43 PM
WTF...this thread triple face palm....geez...enough already... PLEASE STOP

mrsmaalox
11-24-2014, 12:48 PM
I love aquariums, I definitely want to check it out. But I think I heard something about the builders/sponsers being sketchy and that there have been some problems with the one they built in Austin, anyone know about that?

The Reckoning
11-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Go to the Corpus one. It's not for profit and the Lexington is next door.

JudynTX
11-24-2014, 01:04 PM
I love aquariums, I definitely want to check it out. But I think I heard something about the builders/sponsers being sketchy and that there have been some problems with the one they built in Austin, anyone know about that?

I heard that too. :lol Hopefully this one lasts more than a year.

I wasn't impressed with the one in Corpus. Did you tour the Lexington?

The Reckoning
11-24-2014, 01:15 PM
I heard that too. :lol Hopefully this one lasts more than a year.

I wasn't impressed with the one in Corpus. Did you tour the Lexington?

lol I used to work at the one in Corpus when I was in high school. Yep toured it many a time. The secret to the Corpus one is the dolphin container underwater view room. Not many people realize it's there.

JudynTX
11-24-2014, 01:31 PM
lol I used to work at the one in Corpus when I was in high school. Yep toured it many a time. The secret to the Corpus one is the dolphin container underwater view room. Not many people realize it's there.

I heard the Lexington is haunted. Did you experience anything? I never heard of the dolphin thing. :(

SnakeBoy
11-24-2014, 02:10 PM
But I think I heard something about the builders/sponsers being sketchy and that there have been some problems with the one they built in Austin, anyone know about that?

They had some problems and lost livestock. Animal activists got mad even though it happens at every public aquarium. Hard to keep animals are hard to keep.

Blake
11-24-2014, 03:12 PM

I've heard nothing but bad things about the one in Corpus, starting with the price.

DPG21920
11-24-2014, 03:57 PM
IMVHO, I've done several aquarium's and Dallas for me was easily the best. Well worth the weekend trip. The Dallas World Aquarium.

Brazil
11-25-2014, 07:33 AM
The two best aquarium I saw are the one in Chicago and the one in Lisboa... both are amazing.