PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: MavFan. Prime Dork vs Dork now.

Fabbs
11-24-2014, 11:34 PM
MavFan and other Nowvitski watchers,

What percentage do you put current 2014 Dork Nowvitski with Prime Dork? You choose which years he was prime.

Franklin
11-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Not even half the player the prime Dirk (06' or 11' version, whichever is better in your opinion) was, tbh.

scanry
11-25-2014, 04:48 AM
Dirk was not in his prime in 11 tbh. Dirk finally had a coach who got them over the hump. He just fed of the energy (defense) and went ham on them Lakers & Thunder. Terry had a great series against the Heat though.

BTW Dirk was unconciousness against the Thunder. Never seen a player do that to the Thunder tbh.

Fabbs
11-25-2014, 09:32 AM
Dirk was not in his prime in 11 tbh. Dirk finally had a coach who got them over the hump. He just fed of the energy (defense) and went ham on them Lakers & Thunder. Terry had a great series against the Heat though.

BTW Dirk was unconciousness against the Thunder. Never seen a player do that to the Thunder tbh.
What % do you put him at currently?

Thread
11-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Dirk was not in his prime in 11 tbh. Dirk finally had a coach who got them over the hump. He just fed of the energy (defense) and went ham on them Lakers

Gasol was our undoing in '11 just like he was in '08. The Cubes hadn't forgotten that, & for some inexplicable reason Phil had. Pau was crying to the refs in broad daylight. Just thank Christ Perkins went down in '10 or I'd be light 1. & just thank Christ dj's idiot Howard was the adversary in '09.

scanry
11-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Gasol was our undoing in '11 just like he was in '08. The Cubes hadn't forgotten that, & for some inexplicable reason Phil had. Pau was crying to the refs in broad daylight. Just thank Christ Perkins went down in '10 or I'd be light 1. & just thank Christ dj's idiot Howard was the adversary in '09.

Gasol is the reason why Kobe's overrated ass got 2 more after Daddy carried that inefficient ass to a three peat. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Thread
11-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Gasol is the reason why Kobe's overrated ass got 2 more after Daddy carried that inefficient ass to a three peat. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

I'm an idiot. And you're wrong, but, intractable, so, forget it.

Fabbs
11-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Please please Bag me.
http://images.allegrocentral.com/89/55/new-image-2-piece-ostomy-bag-drain-kit-up-to-2-1-4-549861-MEDIUM_0.jpg
http://www.gaj-it.com/wp-content/uploads/dead-parrot.jpg

It's comin man, i promise.

TVI
11-25-2014, 07:59 PM
MavFan and other Nowvitski watchers,
What percentage do you put current 2014 Dork Nowvitski with Prime Dork? You choose which years he was prime.Dirk's PER (24.96) is still damn impressive. Don't sleep on that guy. Like Timmy, he's just adjusting his game to the new roster, and what the team needs from him now. Sure, he's not prime Dirk, but cut the guy some slack--he's 36 now. I'd say he's maybe 70% of prime Dirk, which is still a hell of a player.

Biernutz
11-26-2014, 12:13 AM
Donks knees are gone. He can still shoot but it's spot up shot or his fall away. 60%

Fabbs
11-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Dirk's PER (24.96) is still damn impressive. Don't sleep on that guy. Like Timmy, he's just adjusting his game to the new roster, and what the team needs from him now. Sure, he's not prime Dirk, but cut the guy some slack--he's 36 now. I'd say he's maybe 70% of prime Dirk, which is still a hell of a player.
As evidenced by the Mavs being the only team to challenge the Spurs last year, 4-3.
His D tho, even in prime was average. '11 with Chandler carrying the heavy interior load it made it work for Dirk.
I agree 70%.
We'll see how the Mavs work it out on D when the playoffs arrive.