PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs Big Banger is in Attack Mode

wildbill2u
11-25-2014, 03:32 PM
The Spurs' "Big Banger" is in attack mode - Pounding The Rock
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/11/24/7277397/spurs-enjoy-letting-big-banger-slam-into-opponents-for-a-change

Searched and didn't find this article from PTR.
It focuses on Baynes developing play this season in place of Tiago and how the team is working to adjust. Good read.

EVAY
11-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Thanks for showing this. It is indeed a good article.

As many on this forum have pointed out of late, Baynes' play of late is certainly an improvement over what it has been in the past, and he is truly and obviously working hard. I just had to laugh at Manu's comment about trying to take a charge against in practice and it being something like "the worst idea I've had in twelve years".

If the Spurs' coaches can teach this young man how to contain and utilize his incredible strength, he can be remarkable. Big if, though, tbh.

Mel_13
11-25-2014, 03:52 PM
The Spurs' "Big Banger" is in attack mode - Pounding The Rock
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/11/24/7277397/spurs-enjoy-letting-big-banger-slam-into-opponents-for-a-change

Searched and didn't find this article from PTR.
It focuses on Baynes developing play this season in place of Tiago and how the team is working to adjust. Good read.

:tu

I just finished watching the most reason practice videos on spurs.com. Both Manu and Danny mentioned the pain that Baynes can inflict with his screens during team practices. One can only imagine what he's doing to opposing players.

The part of the article about Kawhi was also good:

"I have license to go down there in the post if I can, if I have the opportunity, and I'm just trying to be more aggressive," Leonard said.

Chris
11-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Last 4 games: 10 pts and 7.3 ribs averaging 18.5 minutes :wow

dabom
11-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Less errors. :flag:

FuzzyLumpkins
11-25-2014, 05:29 PM
"We are starting to get used to each other," Ginobili confirmed. "We haven't played together that much and usually I have that with Tiago because he's the one I play with on the second units, so he's the one that's replacing Tiago so I need him and I'm pretty sure he needs me too, so it's a matter of adding minutes together and getting to understand each other better, from how I throw passes, how I want him to set screens and roll, and the usual things you have to get down when you haven't played together that much."

jeebus
11-25-2014, 05:48 PM
:cry B-b-b-but what about doink? :cry

SpursFan86
11-25-2014, 06:34 PM
He's proven himself offensively IMO. He sets bonecrushing screens, has solid hands, and a nice touch around the rim. What's holding him back is defense. He really needs to work on fouling less and being a better rim protector.

Overall though I'm really happy with how he's played this year. So glad he's proven to Pop that he deserves PT over Errors.

xellos88330
11-25-2014, 07:05 PM
I like how Baynes has been playing, but my only area of true concern is that as big and strong as he is, he should get better at controlling the rebound after he catches it. He seems to bobble the rebounds a lot.

Uriel
11-25-2014, 07:13 PM
:lol "replacement-level" player

100%duncan
11-25-2014, 07:40 PM
"Manu Ginobili shared his own practice lowlight involving the dude Spurs play-by-play man Bill Land calls "The Big Banger," saying "I remember one time I tried to take a charge (against Baynes) and it was the worst idea I had the last 12 years, so it's not happening again anytime soon.""

:lol

BatManu20
11-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Baynes over the last 4 games has been great tbh. The one thing I wish he would do though is rough guys up when they drive the lane. I get he doesn't want to foul out, but if someone is continually slashing, I wish he'd put him on his ass and make him think twice about it he next time. Other than that, he's easily been worth his pay.

100%duncan
11-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Baynes over the last 4 games has been great tbh. The one thing I wish he would do though is rough guys up when they drive the lane. I get he doesn't want to foul out, but if someone is continually slashing, I wish he'd put him on his ass and make him think twice about it he next time. Other than that, he's easily been worth his pay.

Pop has never been bout det life

unleashbaynes
11-25-2014, 09:38 PM
my boy finally getting a chance to show what he can do. strongest guy in the league, and the more he plays the more we will see it.

tim_duncan_fan
11-26-2014, 12:08 AM
THE FIRE RISES!!!

SpurPadre
11-26-2014, 12:23 AM
"I remember one time I tried to take a charge (against Baynes) and it was the worst idea I had the last 12 years, so it's not happening again anytime soon." Uh, I love you Manu, but your foul on Dirk says hi.

scanry
11-26-2014, 12:40 AM
ptr has a few good nick names for Baynes.

The Big Thunder from Down Under
Bhunder from Dunder
The Big, Goofy Oaf

SpurPadre
11-26-2014, 12:55 AM
ptr has a few good nick names for Baynes.

The Big Thunder from Down Under
Bhunder from Dunder
The Big, Goofy Oaf

Fuck anything having to do with the word "thunder" tbh.