PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Thibs on Rose: 'He's got to get out there and play'

FlAVaK
11-25-2014, 07:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tom-thibodeau-on-derrick-rose-s-unending-injury-worries---he-s-got-to-get-out-there-and-play-164601469.html

"When Derrick strings some games together, he's going to take off."

Off the court, probably...

I just noticed, that he didnīt really play healthy since 2011 :wow

tlongII
11-25-2014, 07:09 PM
I still can't believe that d-bag made the national team over Lillard. smh

Splits
11-25-2014, 11:10 PM

Spurs9
11-25-2014, 11:14 PM
No one can take him seriously anymore about his injuries after his comments. Makes you wonder how many more games he could have actually played.

ElNono
11-25-2014, 11:16 PM
You can't call a team "contender" if you can't beat the friggin Nuggets this season...

Thread
11-26-2014, 05:05 AM
That fat fuck should keep his mouth shut. And if I were Rose I'd tell him so.

Mal
11-26-2014, 05:13 AM
He`s pussy or he doesnt give a fuck since NBA contracts are guaranteed ?

Malik Hairston
11-26-2014, 08:19 AM
:lmao anybody that thought Rose wasn't finished, prior to the season..

:lmao Bulls fans and their annual false hope..

:lmao LeCoon, if he doesn't win the East with the Raptors and Wizards as the competition..

Killakobe81
11-26-2014, 08:59 AM
I am a former Rose apologist, tough to do so now. he could ruin teh Bulls chance at making the Finals tbh ...

RsxPiimp
11-26-2014, 09:06 AM
You can't call a team "contender" if you can't beat the friggin Nuggets this season...
Nuggets ain't too bad. They won 5 straight and are now sitting on a .500 record.

DMC
11-26-2014, 09:10 AM
That fat fuck should keep his mouth shut. And if I were Rose I'd tell him so.
But you're not a rose, you're more of a daisy.

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Reasons on hating rose

Hype and his fans who post on facebook before the start of every season...

:lmao

Thread
11-26-2014, 09:37 AM
But you're not a rose, you're more of a daisy.

Nonetheless, I'd still tell that fat fuck to shut his mouth.

ambchang
11-26-2014, 09:39 AM
He is fragile, that's for sure, but his per 36 and per 100 possession numbers are very close to his MVP season.

His game is shifting to the outside more because he simply wasn't as athletic as before, but if he manages to hone his 3 pt shooting to league average, he could be good again.

jeebus
11-26-2014, 09:42 AM

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11939920/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-leaves-tight-hamstring

"The Bulls officially listed the injury as left hamstring tightness, but Rose said after the game his hamstring was fine and he did not have a setback. He was "just trying to be smart" given his recent injury history."

:lmao struggling to think
:lmao been trying to be smart since his hired asian abandoned him
:lmao going through the motions
:lmao doing as little as humanly possible

Thread
11-26-2014, 09:42 AM
^Speakin' of (fat fucks) shut up.

midnightpulp
11-26-2014, 09:43 AM

Just act like somebody tonight at home.

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 09:44 AM

Bend over and show me what's shut

jeebus
11-26-2014, 09:44 AM
truth hurts, huh bitch?

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 09:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11939920/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-leaves-tight-hamstring

"The Bulls officially listed the injury as left hamstring tightness, but Rose said after the game his hamstring was fine and he did not have a setback. He was "just trying to be smart" given his recent injury history."

:lmao struggling to think
:lmao been trying to be smart since his hired asian abandoned him
:lmao going through the motions
:lmao doing as little as humanly possible

:lmao cheated the SAT
:lmao never took the blame
:lmao gangbanger
:lmao rapist
:lmao beta to Durbeta in terms of acne growth

Thread
11-26-2014, 09:47 AM
truth hurts, huh bitch?

That wasn't intended for you, jeebs. That was for ambchang.

jeebus
11-26-2014, 09:48 AM
:lmao cheated the SAT
:lmao never took the blame
:lmao gangbanger
:lmao rapist
:lmao beta to Durbeta in terms of acne growth
what's great is he faked an injury to quit playing last night. :lmao

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 09:50 AM
what's great is he faked an injury to quit playing last night. :lmao

:lmao bulls fans
:lmao bulls organization playing a player who would rather be safe for HIS FUTURE AFTER BASKETBALL
:lmao as if the fucker can do anything other than play ball for 1 game and get injured after

Killakobe81
11-26-2014, 09:52 AM
He is fragile, that's for sure, but his per 36 and per 100 possession numbers are very close to his MVP season.

His game is shifting to the outside more because he simply wasn't as athletic as before, but if he manages to hone his 3 pt shooting to league average, he could be good again.

Not a bad stat. But if you watch him play he has "moments" when his athleticism flashes or his jumper is solid ... but he is nowhere close to what he was and tbh, I doubt he will ever be elite again. Even for Team USA his game came and went ... a 3 ball will make him more efficient but that was never his game.

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 09:54 AM
He shouldn't even have made the US team :lol

Thread
11-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Not a bad stat. But if you watch him play he has "moments" when his athleticism flashes or his jumper is solid ... but he is nowhere close to what he was and tbh, I doubt he will ever be elite again. Even for Team USA his game came and went ... a 3 ball will make him more efficient but that was never his game.

It takes years to recover from those type injuries. Everybody wants to have the injury, put the compulsory 1 year in on rehab then move away from it. That's convenient, but, entirely impossible. The injured is still back there.

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 09:58 AM
It takes years to recover from those type injuries. Everybody wants to have the injury, put the compulsory 1 year in on rehab then move away from it. That's convenient, but, entirely impossible. The injured is still back there.

Except your fucker Randle who's never going to recover again.

He wanted to be Kobe and so he did!

Tee hee

Thread
11-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Except your fucker Randle who's never going to recover again.

He wanted to be Kobe and so he did!

Tee hee

:rolleyes

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 10:03 AM
:rolleyes

I still got it!!

11-26-2014, 10:12 AM
He was injured a lot in 2012 before he tore his ACL. If it wasn't for that I would chalk his recent injury woes to his body not eing conditioned after two years away, but tbh he was injury prone before.

Thread
11-26-2014, 10:15 AM
What I find incredible is the behavior of Thibs.

Cry Havoc
11-26-2014, 10:53 AM

agree, tbh.

People love to shit on players/teams on SpursTalk, but Rose obviously wants to be on the court. He's still young, he just needs to get back into playing condition.

Thread
11-26-2014, 11:14 AM
agree, tbh.

People love to shit on players/teams on SpursTalk, but Rose obviously wants to be on the court. He's still young, he just needs to get back into playing condition.

Yes, and there is no assurance, or, day on the calendar that is set in stone for his recovery and the path to that recover. I can understand fans being mad at him (for being injured), because they know no better. But, their coach? He's been reading his press clippings and taking them to heart.

The day(s) his injuries took place all the fake "friends" said all the right things. "He'll be back good as new.", on & on & on. But, it rarely happens like that and they don't want to suffer this tragedy any longer, now they want it to go away because it's lasted much too long and the proverbial happy ending isn't within sight, or, assured.

SpursDynasty
11-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Rose has given up. He should just quit and go home.

Spurs9
11-26-2014, 11:29 AM
“I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. [I’m] just learning and being smart.”

One thing you have to give Kobe, is he would play on 1 leg if he had to Chucking up shots.

ambchang
11-26-2014, 11:36 AM

Oh, that's for sure. I am not trying to say he's as good as before, but he is not "finished". He can still be a very good player, or even an all-star level player if he tweaks his game just enough.

scanry
11-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Thibs will be gone if the Bulls under perform this season. He no longer feels sorry for the gang banger and he shouldn't tbh.

Malik Hairston
11-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Oh, that's for sure. I am not trying to say he's as good as before, but he is not "finished". He can still be a very good player, or even an all-star level player if he tweaks his game just enough.

:lmao how is he supposed to be a very good player if he can't play an entire game without getting hurt?..

They've even been limiting his minutes and load, yet he's still getting hurt virtually every game..

Thread
11-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Rose has given up. He should just quit and go home.

Rose is inconvenient. The injuries took too long. And patience ain't an American forte. [They] didn't like it when it happened the first time, but, they put on the brave face and the dog, because they'd seen it done before. When it happened again they put on the brave face and the dog, because they were setting a precedent. But, it's drug on too long and they want to go back to being talked about as a legit contender. Even Media can't stand the gaffe. And now even their coach can't take it.

Thread
11-26-2014, 11:51 AM
:lmao how is he supposed to be a very good player if he can't play an entire game without getting hurt?..

They've even been limiting his minutes and load, yet he's still getting hurt virtually every game..

Tragedy doesn't have a timetable, Hair. Just because "you're" tired of it doesn't end the tragedy. "You" figure, well, we accepted the injuries in the honored tradition, but, it's taking way too long." So you give Rose a dirty look and talk about him behind his back. Media steers it around because they have to make a living just like the next asshole in the line.

He has to heal and that will and has taken years.

RsxPiimp
11-26-2014, 11:52 AM
He's close to being done. His last "healthy" year was 2011. It's going to be 2015 in about 5 weeks. He's reaching Penny Hardaway status.

Malik Hairston
11-26-2014, 11:53 AM
There aren't many examples of players with Rose's injury history that recovered and excelled in the league, tbh..

Sure, there are a few, but the number of players that failed to recover far exceeds the former, tbh..

Thread
11-26-2014, 11:55 AM
There aren't many examples of players with Rose's injury history that recovered and excelled in the league, tbh..

Sure, there are a few, but the number of players that failed to recover far exceeds the former, tbh..

"You" finally confess that (you didn't want it to happen.) It happened.

"You're" weak.

ambchang
11-26-2014, 12:04 PM

So there is no chance for recovery for him? How would you know? Isn't this where advanced medicine and training of today's game allow him to come back and play like he once did? Will Thibbs be able to use complex offensive and defensive sets to optimize his output using today's advanced metrics?

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Rose has proven it every year that he cant come back 100% healthy.

He's going to prove it again this season.

ambchang
11-26-2014, 12:15 PM
That's what they say about Grant Hill, Ilgauskas, Bernard King.

Sure the list isn't all that long, but Rose have a chance, and it's just too early to call him "finished".

Dex
11-26-2014, 12:16 PM
It should be noted that Pau Gasol, returning from a calf injury that may have been caused due to overuse of the 34-year old, also reported feeling “a little fatigued.”

Fatigued 15 games into the season? Thibs'll do that to ya. :lol

I guess Pau got that larger role he was looking for.

ElNono
11-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Nuggets ain't too bad. They won 5 straight and are now sitting on a .500 record.

You say that like being at .500 is a good record....

Oh, wait, you're a Lakerfan, my bad...

RsxPiimp
11-26-2014, 12:43 PM

:lol

The Nugs are not as bad as people make them to be. They started 0-7 but have turned things around since Shaw figured his rotations.

Killakobe81
11-26-2014, 01:05 PM
So there is no chance for recovery for him? How would you know? Isn't this where advanced medicine and training of today's game allow him to come back and play like he once did? Will Thibbs be able to use complex offensive and defensive sets to optimize his output using today's advanced metrics?

Amb, when you get a bone you get lockjaw like a "pitt" tbh ...
Good stuff though.

Malik Hairston
11-26-2014, 01:24 PM

Today's advancements will allow him to "recover", but he's never going to be a "very good player"..

Amare Stoudemire "recovered", and he's still playing in the NBA, but he's just an average player, for example..

There aren't many examples of players that recovered and remained "very good"..

Leetonidas
11-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Hopefully Westchimp has reached out to Rose with his new literacy program so the gangbanger can learn to read some day. lol cheating on SATs

ambchang
11-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Today's advancements will allow him to "recover", but he's never going to be a "very good player"..

Amare Stoudemire "recovered", and he's still playing in the NBA, but he's just an average player, for example..

There aren't many examples of players that recovered and remained "very good"..

Again, no question the odds are stacked against him, but players bounce back and remain very good afterwards. Bernard King, Jordan, Magic, Bird all suffered career threatening injuries, and they all came back and played at a very high level afterwards.

Ilgaukas, Hill, and even Nene all had productive careers after they were supposed to be finished.

I am not holding out and expect to Rose to return to his MVP self, but I would still say an 18/6 for a relatively full season (60+ games) from him isn't out of question in the near future.

RsxPiimp
11-26-2014, 01:45 PM
That's what they say about Grant Hill, Ilgauskas, Bernard King.

Sure the list isn't all that long, but Rose have a chance, and it's just too early to call him "finished".

His career as a Superstar ended in 2011.

ambchang
11-26-2014, 02:18 PM
His career as a Superstar ended in 2011.

Yeah, I tend to agree with that, but he isn't finished.

in2deep
11-26-2014, 04:18 PM
He's closer much closer to Brandon Roy status than Baron Davis status.

Ppl can say he's done and they most likely correct. Only a small miracle would change that

100%duncan
11-26-2014, 07:48 PM

:lol

jag
11-27-2014, 09:19 AM

truth hurts, huh bitch?

That wasn't intended for you, jeebs. That was for ambchang.

I think an apology is in order here...

mkurts
11-28-2014, 12:17 AM
Sore pussy syndrome in full effect

Rose with the forever recovery times and yet people still jump to his defense

Hoops Czar
11-28-2014, 12:59 AM
He's closer much closer to Brandon Roy status than Baron Davis status.

Ppl can say he's done and they most likely correct. Only a small miracle would change that

Ironically, this forum said the same thing about CP3 when he injured his knee in New Orleans. 'Oh, he'll never be the same." "He's no longer capable of being an elite PG." " This is the beginning of the end for Paul." How'd that work out?

ElNono
11-28-2014, 03:53 AM
Chris Paul has always been a pass-first point guard. What made Rose excel was his athleticism.

I do think there's a lot of mental stuff going on with him.

Thread
11-28-2014, 03:58 AM
Ironically, this forum said the same thing about CP3 when he injured his knee in New Orleans. 'Oh, he'll never be the same." "He's no longer capable of being an elite PG." " This is the beginning of the end for Paul." How'd that work out?

...he still hasn't got a pot to piss in, nor a window to throw it out of. His biggest assist? Lynching an old Jew on orders from headquarters.

Big fuckin' deal. Hitler creamed 6 million of 'em, just like that.

Ginobilly
11-28-2014, 08:37 AM

Paul is skilled and is a below the rim fundamentally sound player. Rose on the other hand is not. The reason he keeps getting injured the way he is because he still tries to play the same way before he had those knee injuries. Violent explosive cuts, tries to wrestle and go over the top of 7 footers,etc. He should watch the way parker shifts his speed in the half court, the head fakes he uses, etc. He should watch how parker only uses his athleticism/speed when the opportunity arises in the half/full court.

jeebus
02-24-2015, 10:51 PM

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 10:59 PM
:lmao anybody that thought Rose wasn't finished, prior to the season..

:lmao Bulls fans and their annual false hope..

:lmao LeCoon, if he doesn't win the East with the Raptors and Wizards as the competition..

apalisoc_9
02-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Great news for the Bulls, IMO.

Robz4000

Malik Hairston

:lmao add another one to the Hoops reel!!

Robz4000
02-24-2015, 11:04 PM
https://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/derrick-rose-meme-1.png?w=315&h=189&crop=1

Robz4000
02-24-2015, 11:05 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/27/277861516cbfdc13fe972ae43f744253d4215935f7a83ff843 58690ce0e1add5.jpg

Hoops Czar
02-24-2015, 11:19 PM

Your obsession with me is disturbing but far more entertaining than anything Dabom has to say. Ironic you'd only bump that post after the fact however, I don't see anything even remotely wrong with that comment unless your reading impaired. It's not like I said or even suggested THE Malik Hairston will be the next Vince Carter.

Hoops Czar
02-24-2015, 11:21 PM
Paul is skilled and is a below the rim fundamentally sound player. Rose on the other hand is not. The reason he keeps getting injured the way he is because he still tries to play the same way before he had those knee injuries. Violent explosive cuts, tries to wrestle and go over the top of 7 footers,etc. He should watch the way parker shifts his speed in the half court, the head fakes he uses, etc. He should watch how parker only uses his athleticism/speed when the opportunity arises in the half/full court.

Don't let Harlem see this post.

HarlemHo 37
02-24-2015, 11:28 PM

Wait, wait, wait.... you're still here? What happened to your leave of absence? Or better yet, your Goodbye to Spurstalk?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181508

It's been good, I'm not a welsher, I live up to my word..a legend making his final post..I'll be taking my talents to various NBA boards, look for me next year..

Some points..

- Lebron is a choker..he's still a top 3 player, obviously, but he's a choker..he needs a Phil Jackson to motivate his ass, at this point, or his talent will be wasted..his problems are strictly mental, he has played like Kobe in the Finals, when he should be playing like Magic..he was scoring very well in this game, and he still only took 15 shots..played like a coward..

- Spoelstra is the worst coach in NBA history, as I've been saying all year..playing Juwan Howard critical minutes in the last game of the season, playing Eddie House after he hadn't played all year, having no plays and no strategy on offense or defense, etc..

- Most of you idiots were wrong all year..most of you predicted the Heat wouldn't even make the Finals, most of you picked them to lose to Boston and/or Chicago, all year..at least 95% of you, if you look it up..

Final thoughts..

- Harlem had a great year predicting, unfortunately, the Heat prediction cost the identity..

- DPG is the GOAT on ST..he runs this shit, I'll still tune in for his takes and subtlety..I love this man..

- I hope Ace will be here for the many upcoming titles, he deserves it..

- I'm happy for Ghazi, he's the best..I'm happy for Bump, 4mvp, stretch, MavDynasty..I enjoyed my time with them here..

- A lot of respect to Mainstream Mono, the originator of this game, despite the fact that he quit on his team, multiple times..

- Daddy of all Trolls was horrible all year, I can't believe he had the balls to bump a thread..he predicted the Celtics would dominate the Heat, he said the Spurs and Lakers would be there at the end, he said the Heat wouldn't make the Finals, etc..one of the shittiest posters of all-time..

- Love to Dok, Jag, DD, Bill Brasky, TD21, IronMexi, TinTin, mystar, Venti,, bostonguy, crc, timtonymanu, mogrovejo, Booharv/Vet, Fabbs, Cub, resistanze, DAF86, midnightpulp, LakerHater, redzero, 4>0 Rings, Lefty, Rogue, ducks and the many other great NBA posters here that I've fucked with, I've forgotten to mention many others, they know who they are..

- Cobbler, Blessings, Medvedenko, cheguevera, hater, namlook, ohmwrecker and all the others, they probably are too stupid to realize who they are, that make being a shitty poster look so easy, please, don't ever change..

I'll be making the request to Kori, to transfer my All-ST medal to Giuseppe..he's always admired it, he deserves it, I'm proud of him..

If anybody wants any of the following trolls, contact me:

IronMexican's Girl
Wennington
Aaron
Che's Predictions
DuncanOwnsPGs
Koolaid_man(love to whoever called that one, I think it was 4>0 :lol)
JJ Hickson
ChrisRichards
Lkrfan

I'm probably forgetting others, but ya, if you're interested, send a PM, I'll check them for a few days..

- HarlemHeat37..

Clipper Nation
02-24-2015, 11:34 PM
Hoops Czar of all people should not be digging back through the archives... somebody might drag up his old Kawhi takes again :lol

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 11:35 PM
:lol I'm an attention whore, never denied that..

:lol this man has a troll devoted to me..smh..

Infinite_limit
02-25-2015, 12:15 AM
He'll be back

Hoops Czar
02-25-2015, 12:27 AM
:lol I'm an attention whore, never denied that..

:lol this man has a troll devoted to me..smh..

:lol I'm flattered but, Hoops Czar is my troll account devoted to you. You'd soil yourself if you knew the owner of this account since we were actually :lol niggs with my original account. That account's been dormant for more than three years.