PDA

View Full Version : 3... 2... 1... &!@$! &!@$! &!@$!

Spurminator
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=360685&in_page_id=1770

You can use the f-word in class (but only five times)

A secondary school is to allow pupils to swear at teachers - as long as they don't do so more than five times in a lesson. A running tally of how many times the f-word has been used will be kept on the board. If a class goes over the limit, they will be 'spoken' to at the end of the lesson.
The astonishing policy, which the school says will improve the behaviour of pupils, was condemned by parents' groups and MPs yesterday. They warned it would backfire.

Parents were advised of the plan, which comes into effect when term starts next week, in a letter from the Weavers School in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.

'Tolerate but not condone'

"Within each lesson the teacher will initially tolerate (although not condone) the use of the f-word (or derivatives) five times and these will be tallied on the board so all students can see the running score," he wrote in the letter

"Over this number the class will be spoken to by the teacher at the end of the lesson."

Parents called the rule 'wholly irresponsible and ludicrous'.

"This appears to be a misguided attempt to speak to kids on their own level," said the father of one pupil.

Should have do's and don'ts

Nick Seaton, chairman of the Campaign for Real Education, said: "In these sort of situations teachers should be setting clear principles of 'do and don't'.

"They should not be compromising in an apparent attempt to please the pupils. This will send out completely the wrong message.

"Youngsters will play up to this and ensure they use their five goes, demeaning the authority of the teacher."

Tory MP Ann Widdecombe said the policy was based on 'Alice in Wonderland reasoning'.

"What next?" she asked. "Do we allow people to speed five times or burgle five times? You don't improve something by allowing it, you improve something by discouraging it."

'Praise postcards'

The 1,130-pupil school, which was criticised as 'not effective' by Ofsted inspectors last November, also plans to send 'praise postcards' to the parents of children who do not swear and who turn up on time for lessons.

Headmaster Alan Large said he had received no complaints about the policy. "The reality is that the fword is part of these young adults' everyday language," he said.

"As a temporary policy we are giving them a bit of leeway, but want them to think about the way they talk and how they might do better."

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 02:58 PM
We went from 3...2...1...Contact to 3...2...Aw, Fuck it.

batman2883
08-29-2005, 02:58 PM
what the fuck is this fucking thread about fuck i mean fucking thought it was something fucking worth looking out but the fucking piece of shit is only about fucking saying fuck like 5 times...fuck that, fuckers.....

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Thats fucking ridiculous...:)

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
You could only get out 1 "fuck, fucketty-fuck-fuck-fuck" without being in trouble? This blows serious donkey balls.

Marklar MM
08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
People do this in school all the time. Just depends on the teacher.

Marklar MM
08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I said, ahem, "Suck my bawls, Mistah Garrison."

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
this is ridiculous

batman2883
08-29-2005, 03:18 PM
You cant say the f word....What jew?? no you cant say fuck you fucking fat ass

Old School Chic
What Is this world coming to...

Next thing you know they are going to allow them to have sex In class.

ObiwanGinobili
We went from 3...2...1...Contact to 3...2...Aw, Fuck it.

memories............ :angel

Jelly
that's a great way to prepare these kids for the working world. Cause you know we are all free to cuss out our bosses.
This is just a bunch of lazy educators throwing in the towel.

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 03:19 PM

This sounds like a case for the Bloodhound gang...

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 03:20 PM

<insert blackbar picture>

Mammaries..........:lol

batman2883
08-29-2005, 03:23 PM
damn this fucking fucked up thread is still fucking going on motherfucker

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
this is ridiculous

I agree. I'd likely pull my kids out of that school if nothing could be done about their new "policy".

Jelly
08-29-2005, 03:28 PM
"The 1,130-pupil school, which was criticised as 'not effective' by Ofsted inspectors last November, also plans to send 'praise postcards' to the parents of children who do not swear and who turn up on time for lessons.

Headmaster Alan Large said he had received no complaints about the policy. "The reality is that the fword is part of these young adults' everyday language," he said. "

I would like to get a 'praise postcard' or better yet some kind of bonus for showing up to work on time and not using the F-word in client meetings...because the reality is I can't get out of bed in the morning, my job is boring as hell, and the clients are assholes anyway. Where's my bonus?

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Children in my house that use the "F" word get a mouth full of Soft Soap.

It doesn't happen very often anymore....you think there might be a connection?

ShoogarBear
08-29-2005, 04:07 PM
*waiting for Mr. Holland to weigh in on this*

Jelly
08-29-2005, 04:10 PM
My brother-in-law is a teacher in San Diego. He says every other word the kids use is "fuck" even when talking to teachers. But the kids are so out of control, nobody even tries to do anything about it.

batman2883
08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Well in a world where we refer to majority of women as bitches when speaking of them, im pretty sure fuck isnt that bad....what do you think?

Jelly
08-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Well in a world where we refer to majority of women as bitches when speaking of them, im pretty sure fuck isnt that bad....what do you think?

I think teenagers freely using the word 'fuck' in front of teachers is pretty bad. And it's not like they're not covering the bases by also calling the girls 'bitches', 'hos', and using pretty much every offensive word known to man. These kids have an extensive vocabulary in Raunch but can barely get by in English .

Imagine a classroom full of GIGs.

Jekka
08-29-2005, 04:35 PM
I think teenagers freely using the word 'fuck' in front of teachers is pretty bad. And it's not like they're not covering the bases by also calling the girls 'bitches', 'hos', and using pretty much every offensive word known to man. These kids have an extensive vocabulary in Raunch but can barely get by in English .

I had an English teacher who was so sick of hearing slang and obscenities in the room she made a rule that you could insult whoever you wanted (except her) as long as there was no profanity and you were creative. So, you could call someone a "scum-sucking pig" but you couldn't say "you suck."

That really is sad that the school in the article is implementing that rule, though - it's just license to say whatever you want in the room. What happened to actual consequences for inappropriate behavior? What's next - you can hit someone as long as they don't need stitches?

And as for vocabulary, I think that's an area of education that gets seriously overlooked now.

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 04:37 PM
I had an English teacher who was so sick of hearing slang and obscenities in the room she made a rule that you could insult whoever you wanted (except her) as long as there was no profanity and you were creative. So, you could call someone a "scum-sucking pig" but you couldn't say "you suck."

That is a really good idea. I'll tell my sis that if her freshman English class gets out of hand.

batman2883
08-29-2005, 04:45 PM

A classroom full of GIGs...holy shit its the end of the world as we know it.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 04:46 PM
everyone involved in this sounds like a cum-chugging fuckface

Good one! :lol :lol

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2005, 04:47 PM

Speak for yourself Batman...I and most of the people I run with are not accustomed to calling the majority of women "bitches"...what world are YOU in?

E20
08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Fuck.............................................. ............

Hee hee

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Speak for yourself Batman...I and most of the people I run with are not accustomed to calling the majority of women "bitches"...what world are YOU in?

The sub-20's, CC.... :lol

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 04:52 PM
everyone involved in this sounds like a cum-chugging fuckface

You're a fucking donkey raping sphincter spelunker.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 04:53 PM
I went to pick my nephew up from middle school one day, and while I was waiting for him, I was absolutely stunned at the language these 11-13 year olds were using. I don't ever remember cussing that bad...and I've got one of the worst potty-mouths I know.... :oops :wow

The sone
08-29-2005, 04:53 PM
:depressed welcome to george bush's america.

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
The sub-20's, CC.... :lol

hehehe

yeah, I guess it makes them feel more manly till their pubic hair grows in...
:lol

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
hehehe

yeah, I guess it makes them feel more manly till their pubic hair grows in...

I think pretty much that exact same thing every time I hear one of the youngsters around here swinging their dick.

:lmao

ObiwanGinobili
08-29-2005, 04:57 PM

:tu damn straight.
I cussed 1 time at home.. I called my mom a bitch.. she had a big spoon of Joy dishsoap in my mouth before i even finished the "ch" sound. :lol thast takes forever to get out....

it worked on me , I'm sure it'll work on my kids.

nickbroken
08-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Fush jou mang.

Jekka
08-29-2005, 05:01 PM
:tu damn straight.
I cussed 1 time at home.. I called my mom a bitch.. she had a big spoon of Joy dishsoap in my mouth before i even finished the "ch" sound. :lol thast takes forever to get out....

The threat of family therapy kept me from cussing at my parents.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 05:02 PM

It does on mine, and it's easy. All you need is just a little dab on the end of your finger and swipe it across their tongue. I tried it first before I ever did it to them, and even that little bit is nasty as all-hell. :vomit :lol

E20
08-29-2005, 05:04 PM
If I say the F word infront of my Mom she says don't say things like that and thats about it.........................and I do it again.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 05:05 PM
If I say the F word infront of my Mom she says don't say things like that and thats about it.........................and I do it again.

Then obviously she needs to beat the shit out of you. :) :lol

SWC Bonfire
08-29-2005, 05:05 PM

Dude, don't cuss in front of your mom & NEVER be drunk in front of your mom.

ObiwanGinobili
08-29-2005, 05:08 PM

i'm a one warning kinda gal. I told you once... next time there wil lbe no warning.

Jelly
08-29-2005, 05:10 PM

you shouldn't do that E20. All kids fight with their parents, but the least you can do is honor your mother's wishes and not use the F Word in front of her if that's what she asks. (and she's not asking much) It would take no effort on your part and would make your Mom a little happier. So why not show her at least that much respect?

Spurminator
08-29-2005, 05:13 PM
If we're forced to make compromises to our children's language then the terrorist-children have already won.

ObiwanGinobili
08-29-2005, 05:14 PM
If we're forced to make compromises to our children's language then the terrorist-children have already won.

they hate us for our freedom

Jekka
08-29-2005, 05:15 PM

Jelly
08-29-2005, 05:20 PM

:lol :lol
wittiest post of the day Spurminator

2Blonde
08-29-2005, 05:38 PM
One time when my daughter was about 5-6 she told a lie so my husband ( her stepdad) put some soap on a toothbrush and washed her mouth with it. We were in the middle of a custody dispute with my *#%@ vindictive ex-husband. I was reading some stuff on the internet one day and came across something that said in the state of OK that is considered child abuse. I asked my lawyer about it and he said yes it is. Normally it's not a big deal but someone like my ex could use it against me if he really tried. I was walking on pins and needles trying to keep that quiet. It never came out luckily and his suit was thrown out. Now I think it's funny, but back then I was scared to death.

...2Blonde

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 05:43 PM
i've gotten thrown through a glass-paned door for cursing in front of my mom

I got thrown into some doors for calling my mom a bitch. That was the last time that ever happened. :oops :lol

Shelly
08-29-2005, 05:47 PM
My kids hear me swear all the time :oops, but they know that they aren't allowed. Now what my 7th grader says around his friends, I don't know.

2Blonde
08-29-2005, 05:52 PM
I can't imagine every calling my Mom a bitch. Although I have done the standard teen "I hate you/slam the door thing". Now my daughter does that. I just laugh and say "I love you , too".
Our latest punishment for her when she gets high & mighty is that we make her wait on us. Last week she had to wait on my husband for 3 days and me for 4 days. She had to pick up after us and everything. I would call her hon her phone and make her come in my room just to throw something in the trash for me or turn on my bedside light. :lol Then I would wait until she got upstairs and call her back down to come and bring me a bottle of water. It was fun. I kinda liked having a slave. I can't wait until she talking like a smart ass again. :lol

...2Blonde

E20
08-29-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't CUSS AT HER. Only in critical moments. Like

OHH FUCK GINOBILI WHY DIDN"T YOU SHOOT IT AND

FUCKING DUNCAN START DUNKING ON PEOPLE.

or like when I'm playing video games and I die or lose, I'm like OH FUCK THAT SHIT

If I fight with my Mom well I'd get beat, seriously.

batman2883
08-29-2005, 05:59 PM
My mom once hit me in the head with an iron skillet for not getting off the phone when i was suppose to.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 06:01 PM
I can't imagine every calling my Mom a bitch.

It was just that once. :)

batman2883
08-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Oh man i called my sister a bitch and i got an ass whoopin' and i was 20 at the time

Jelly
08-29-2005, 06:16 PM
One time when my daughter was about 5-6 she told a lie so my husband ( her stepdad) put some soap on a toothbrush and washed her mouth with it. We were in the middle of a custody dispute with my *#%@ vindictive ex-husband. I was reading some stuff on the internet one day and came across something that said in the state of OK that is considered child abuse. I asked my lawyer about it and he said yes it is. Normally it's not a big deal but someone like my ex could use it against me if he really tried. I was walking on pins and needles trying to keep that quiet. It never came out luckily and his suit was thrown out. Now I think it's funny, but back then I was scared to death.

...2Blonde

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but I honestly don't think step-parents should do things like that. It has to be very difficult for a small child to adapt to a new parent, soap in the mouth by the step would hurt much more than help IMO and is possibly psychologically abusive. Sorry, that's my honest opinion. I do recall getting soap in the mouth by my mother when I was that age and it was very demeaning. If it came from a step parent, it would have been worse.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but I honestly don't think step-parents should do things like that. It has to be very difficult for a small child to adapt to a new parent, soap in the mouth by the step would hurt much more than help IMO and is possibly psychologically abusive. Sorry, that's my honest opinion. I do recall getting soap in the mouth by my mother when I was that age and it was very demeaning. If it came from a step parent, it would have been worse.

Why? Have you ever been in that situation? I've had to be the mom & dad for many years....and in having to be both good & bad cop sometimes it's hard to get the respect that you should from your children. It's been a relief to have help in that department, they like & respect him and they listen to him. Not that it's perfect by any stretch, but their behavior has never been better.

I think it's very demeaning for these kids to walk around like little assholes abusing the step-parent and expect that parent to just put up with it because they don't have a blood relation. Most step-parents I know are more of a parent to those children then the ones whose names are on their birth certificate.

E20
08-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Wash with soap wtf? When I answerd back to my mom in a mean way SLAP. A backhand slap right to the mouth, damn rings......

Spurminator
08-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Man, when I mouthed off to my parents they made me sit naked in a corner and play with myself while they took videos. If I had friends with me, they suffered the same fate.

Funny thing, I've never seen those videos. Oh well, I learnt my lessons.

Shelly
08-29-2005, 06:36 PM
My mother is Mrs. Grammar USA and it used to piss her off royally when I would use incorrect grammar on purpose. When I was about 14-15 and in my "I hate Mom" stage she stabbed me in the arm with a fork for using a double negative. She drew blood too! :lol

If I look closely, I'm sure I can find the prong marks.

Shelly
08-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Soap in the mouth demeaning? Puh-lease!

Calling your kid a stupid idiot that will never amount to anything and never praising them is demeaning.

E20
08-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Man, when I mouthed off to my parents they made me sit naked in a corner and play with myself while they took videos. If I had friends with me, they suffered the same fate.

I know what you mean man, I feel your pain.

Jelly
08-29-2005, 06:43 PM
I think it's very demeaning for these kids to walk around like little assholes abusing the step-parent and expect that parent to just put up with it because they don't have a blood relation. Most step-parents I know are more of a parent to those children then the ones whose names are on their birth certificate.

I'm sure it is extremely difficult raising a child on your own. But still, all we know is that the child was only 5 or 6 and that she told a lie. All kids tell lies and I don't think that is something that should get your mouth washed out with soap. We don't know that the little girl was being an asshole and I have a hard time imagining that a 5 year old girl could really be an asshole or abusive to the step-parent. The thing is if she had to deal with a divorce and a new parent at such a young age, then she was probably having to work with a lot of adjustment and identity issues. I think kids in these situations should be given some latitude and their new step-parents should focus more on showing love and understanding than administering harsh discipline.

Jelly
08-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Soap in the mouth demeaning? Puh-lease!

Calling your kid a stupid idiot that will never amount to anything and never praising them is demeaning.

Yeah, I think soap in the mouth (especially for some small infraction...I got it and I never used bad language, I can't even remember what I did) is demeaning IMO and usually not necessary. Calling your child a stupid idiot etc. etc. is emotional abuse.

Jelly
08-29-2005, 06:48 PM

Please tell me this is a joke. It's just that I know stuff like this happens somewhere and people think it's normal.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm sure it is extremely difficult raising a child on your own. But still, all we know is that the child was only 5 or 6 and that she told a lie. All kids tell lies and I don't think that is something that should get your mouth washed out with soap. We don't know that the little girl was being an asshole and I have a hard time imagining that a 5 year old girl could really be an asshole or abusive to the step-parent. The thing is if she had to deal with a divorce and a new parent at such a young age, then she was probably having to work with a lot of adjustment and identity issues. I think kids in these situations should be given some latitude and their new step-parents should focus more on showing love and understanding than administering harsh discipline.

5 year olds can be the biggest assholes on the planet. And there is ZERO excuse for it. Get counciling if they need it, but it's NEVER okay to let them take it out on someone else. And it's certainly not okay to judge others on how they discipline their children if it is obviously non-threatening. Soap in the mouth is harmless and extremely effective because they can make the connection rather easily....you have a dirty mouth and we need to wash it out.

That no-handed approach to raising children is exactly the reason for the topic of this thread. I'm sorry, but my parents never had any problems administering the belt when we messed up and I don't need therapy, I wasn't an abused child, and I have a healthy respect for authority figures. All of this PC crap is nothing but bullshit...they are turning out nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats. Cussing at your teacher and implimenting rules to perpetuate it? Give me a break.

JoeChalupa
08-29-2005, 06:58 PM
It all begins at home.

Shelly
08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I think soap in the mouth (especially for some small infraction...I got it and I never used bad language, I can't even remember what I did) is demeaning IMO and usually not necessary. Calling your child a stupid idiot etc. etc. is emotional abuse.

Hell, I've had soap in the mouth as a kid. I also had to stand at attention a lot. And I've been spanked. Never once have I felt years later as an adult that this was demeaning. I'm sure I deserved it as I was a very stubborn child.

Jelly, if this still bothers you years later as an adult, with all due respect, it sounds like you have some unresolved childhood issues.

billboardbill
08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Jelly,

I have seen many 5 and 4 years old that are rude and disrespectful. Hell, I've even seen some 3 year olds.

If you want the step parent to be part of that family and part of those childrens lives, then you better let them discipline too.

Jelly
08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
5 year olds can be the biggest assholes on the planet. And there is ZERO excuse for it. Get counciling if they need it, but it's NEVER okay to let them take it out on someone else. And it's certainly not okay to judge others on how they discipline their children if it is obviously non-threatening. Soap in the mouth is harmless and extremely effective because they can make the connection rather easily....you have a dirty mouth and we need to wash it out.

That no-handed approach to raising children is exactly the reason for the topic of this thread. I'm sorry, but my parents never had any problems administering the belt when we messed up and I don't need therapy, I wasn't an abused child, and I have a healthy respect for authority figures. All of this PC crap is nothing but bullshit...they are turning out nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats. Cussing at your teacher and implimenting rules to perpetuate it? Give me a break.

Spurswoman,
I'm not judging, but I am voicing an opinion. And I don't think I have overstepped my bounds in anything I've said so far. I did not bring this up in an accusatory or judgmental way. I simply said..

"I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but I honestly don't think step-parents should do things like that."

And that's how I honestly feel.

JoeChalupa
08-29-2005, 07:11 PM
I was spanked and disciplined and I too don't need therapy.
That being said I've only spanked my girls a few times because that is all I've had to.

Use what ever method works for you or which method you are more comfortable with.

IMO, The "F" word does not belong in school.

Shelly
08-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Blonde

I can't imagine every calling my Mom a bitch.

It was just that once.

My sister wrote "Mom is a Bitch" on these ugly ass clogs she had (it was the '70s!). Forgetting that she wrote that, she asked my mom a few years later if she wanted them. When my mom turned the bottom of the clogs over, there it was :lmao

Shelly
08-29-2005, 07:15 PM
I was spanked and disciplined and I too don't need therapy.
That being said I've only spanked my girls a few times because that is all I've had to.

Use what ever method works for you or which method you are more comfortable with.

IMO, The "F" word does not belong in school.

Agree. My kids only get spanked when they've done something really bad. Like when my oldest at 5 years old pushed his 2-1/2 brother down the stairs and hurt him very badly.

They haven't been spanked in years. My youngest suffers the wrath of his older brother more than any punishiment I could give out.

HB22inSA
08-29-2005, 07:17 PM

Yeah, but with all of the lawyers and bullshit nowadays, this might be considered "child abuse."

And your 5-year-old could legally "sue" you for it.

:rolleyes

2Blonde
08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Jelly,
Since it's my husband's step-parenting skills you are questioning then I guess I should respond. In the early days of our marriage he only disciplined her with my okay and when I was present. She knew I was part of the process. There was nothing demeaning about it. She had been given several warnings about telling the truth and time-outs and taking aways toys didn't work (she was very stubborn). My husband was very matter of fact with her about why we were doing this. She stopped lying after that and she still thinks he's the coolest dad in the world. In fact she wishes he could adopt her. He has never demeaned in her entire life. If anything, any discipline he has asked to give her has been to teach her right from wrong so she will grow up to be a strong person who makes good choices and feels good about herself.

...2Blonde

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Jelly,
Since it's my husband's step-parenting skills you are questioning then I guess I should respond. In the early days of our marriage he only disciplined her with my okay and when I was present. She knew I was part of the process. There was nothing demeaning about it. She had been given several warnings about telling the truth and time-outs and taking aways toys didn't work (she was very stubborn). My husband was very matter of fact with her about why we were doing this. She stopped lying after that and she still thinks he's the coolest dad in the world. In fact she wishes he could adopt her. He has never demeaned in her entire life. If anything, any discipline he has asked to give her has been to teach her right from wrong so she will grow up to be a strong person who makes good choices and feels good about herself.

...2Blonde

Same thing in my house. They totally love him and are dying for us to get married....even though he has no problem laying the hammer down on them. With my complete participation, of course.

He's just more big & scary I think...so it's more effective. :lol

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah, but with all of the lawyers and bullshit nowadays, this might be considered "child abuse."

And your 5-year-old could legally "sue" you for it.

:rolleyes

They've screamed "I'm calling CPS on you!!!" at me several times. Then I tell them if I'm going to jail for child abuse, I'm going to make it count. :)

2Blonde
08-29-2005, 07:27 PM
He's just more big & scary I think...so it's more effective. :lol
I totally agree

...2Blonde

Shelly
08-29-2005, 07:27 PM
They a dying for us to get married.

So are some of the people here on this very forum! :)

2Blonde
08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
They've screamed "I'm calling CPS on you!!!" at me several times. Then I tell them if I'm going to jail for child abuse, I'm going to make it count. :)
:lmao I'm gonna try that one next time.

...2Blonde

timvp
08-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Cussing is a little overrated. I don't cuss (that much :angel) but I don't think it does too much horrible damage to kids. As long as the kids know that they aren't allowed to use the words in public places or at people, then it's pretty much a non-issue. Hell, my brothers and I were allowed to watch rated R movies by the age of three and we turned out alright.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 07:30 PM
So are some of the people here on this very forum! :)

:)

No comment. :smokin

Shelly
08-29-2005, 07:31 PM
:)

No comment. :smokin

hmmm.....perhaps a 'hint' thread is in order again! :angel

JoeChalupa
08-29-2005, 07:35 PM
No "F" bombs are allowed in the house.
No "R" rated movies for those under 17, unless approved by the parent council.
No make up allowed for those under 16 unless for Halloween.
No dating allowed for those under 16 in the house.

Am I wrong for not wanting to be a "friend" to my daughters?

Parenting is indeed the hardest job in the world and we all have different resumes and SOP's. Some say my way will back fire but I hope they are wrong.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Cussing is a little overrated. I don't cuss (that much :angel) but I don't think it does too much horrible damage to kids. As long as the kids know that they aren't allowed to use the words in public places or at people, then it's pretty much a non-issue. Hell, my brothers and I were allowed to watch rated R movies by the age of three and we turned out alright.

I just think it's horribly disrespectful, especially in a school or work environment. People do still get offended by it, especially from children. Believe it or not, as bad as I can get, I didn't cuss at school...even in college. And certainly not at work....well, at least not when anyone can hear me. :lol

Kori Ellis
08-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Believe it or not, as bad as I can get, I didn't cuss at school...even in college.

Me either. I have a bad mouth now, but I would never have thought to cuss at school or in front of my (grand)parents. I actually got in major trouble when I was 10 for saying "Oh my God" about a Yankees-Dodgers game when Bob Welch struck out Reggie Jackson.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Me either. I have a bad mouth now, but I would never have thought to cuss at school or in front of my (grand)parents. I actually got in major trouble when I was 10 for saying "Oh my God" about a Yankees-Dodgers game when Bob Welch struck out Reggie Jackson.

I got my first taste of soap when I was hauling food to the car for my mom who was catering some party or another and the door slammed shut right on me with my hands full.

"Damn door!" Got me 1/2 bar of Ivory soap. WTF?! I was helping her!

But I didn't do it again. That soap is N-A-S-T-Y! :lol

My 6th grader nephew (last year) got suspended for 10 days for telling the basketball coach to go fuck himself. :wow :wow :wow

Jelly
08-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Jelly,

...2Blonde

Hi Blondie,
I'm not really questioning your husband's parenting skills (though it may seem that way) I do question the practice of mouth/soap washing in general and especially when it comes from a new step-parent that the child is adjusting to. But like I said, we didn't really have many details...just a lying 5 year old :) so my response was just a speculation as to how I think "a child" might feel in that situation, not necessarily "your" child as I have no idea. I'm glad that things appear to be working out well for all of you and that your husband and daughter have a loving relationship.

As far as the mouth washing, I can honestly say it did me no good whatsoever and for me those memories are a little disturbing. I don't even remember what I did to set my mother off....just remember my mother totally losing it and dragging me down the hallway by my ear or scruff of my neck like a dog and forcing soap in my mouth screaming hysterically all the way and roughly scrubbing my mouth. To me that was demeaning and scary...and it happened about 6 times. And the thing is she appears to have total amnesia about all of this and denies ever doing it. I almost thought I was imagining everything but my sisters assured me it happened. So some parents (I'm not saying you and your husband, but definitely my Mom) have distorted memories of how these things affect their children.

anyway, thanks for telling us a little bit more of your story and please know that I'm really not trying to cast judgment on you or your husband.
But maybe someone reading this sees themselves in my mother and hopefully will stop before they lose too much control with their kids.

SpursWoman
08-29-2005, 08:36 PM
As far as the mouth washing, I can honestly say it did me no good whatsoever and for me those memories are a little disturbing. I don't even remember what I did to set my mother off....just remember my mother totally losing it and dragging me down the hallway by my ear or scruff of my neck like a dog and forcing soap in my mouth screaming hysterically all the way and roughly scrubbing my mouth. To me that was demeaning and scary...and it happened about 6 times. And the thing is she appears to have total amnesia about all of this and denies ever doing it. I almost thought I was imagining everything but my sisters assured me it happened. So some parents (I'm not saying you and your husband, but definitely my Mom) have distorted memories of how these things affect their children

That definitely sounds extreme ... I've only actually had to do it one time each...but having done it just that one time, the threat of a repeat performance is usually enough and it stops at that.

ObiwanGinobili
08-29-2005, 09:20 PM
I can't imagine every calling my Mom a bitch. Although I have done the standard teen "I hate you/slam the door thing". Now my daughter does that. I just laugh and say "I love you , too".
Our latest punishment for her when she gets high & mighty is that we make her wait on us. Last week she had to wait on my husband for 3 days and me for 4 days. She had to pick up after us and everything. I would call her hon her phone and make her come in my room just to throw something in the trash for me or turn on my bedside light. :lol Then I would wait until she got upstairs and call her back down to come and bring me a bottle of water. It was fun. I kinda liked having a slave. I can't wait until she talking like a smart ass again. :lol

...2Blonde

now that is pure fucking genius!!! :princess

ObiwanGinobili
08-29-2005, 09:42 PM

Parenting is indeed the hardest job in the world and we all have different resumes and SOP's. Some say my way will back fire but I hope they are wrong.

how could that backfire?? What you;ve got going on sounds reasonable to me.. heck it sounds like the same law of the land that my mom laid out on us. :tu
Most kids adopt thier parents values as thier own... hoe-ish white trash alcholics predominatly raise up hoe-ish white trash alcholics.. and people who raise thier kids with some kind of value system and self respect... well they get the good kids.

way to go Joe. you da man.

Jelly
08-29-2005, 09:49 PM

sounds like good old fashioned parenting to me Joe. :tu

batman2883
08-30-2005, 07:59 AM

I second that, i was watching nightmare on elm street along with every other horror movie possible at the tender age of 2 I came out completely alright, if anything i know how to escape the clutches of Freddy Krueger, or how to make Jason turn into a balling little girl. They were learning experiences, but saying fuck in class..hell i said it all the time growing up along with bitch, skank, motherfucker, piece of shit, ass, pussy, and those were all directed towards the teacher....of course they never got mad cause i was an honor student.

Jelly
08-30-2005, 10:50 AM
They were learning experiences, but saying fuck in class..hell i said it all the time growing up along with bitch, skank, motherfucker, piece of shit, ass, pussy, and those were all directed towards the teacher....of course they never got mad cause i was an honor student.

Sorry Batman. Not buying it.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Why wouldnt you buy it, its the truth, i cant help it, im smart and i dont even have to try

2Blonde
08-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi Blondie,
I'm not really questioning your husband's parenting skills (though it may seem that way) I do question the practice of mouth/soap washing in general and especially when it comes from a new step-parent that the child is adjusting to. But like I said, we didn't really have many details...just a lying 5 year old :) so my response was just a speculation as to how I think "a child" might feel in that situation, not necessarily "your" child as I have no idea. I'm glad that things appear to be working out well for all of you and that your husband and daughter have a loving relationship.

As far as the mouth washing, I can honestly say it did me no good whatsoever and for me those memories are a little disturbing. I don't even remember what I did to set my mother off....just remember my mother totally losing it and dragging me down the hallway by my ear or scruff of my neck like a dog and forcing soap in my mouth screaming hysterically all the way and roughly scrubbing my mouth. To me that was demeaning and scary...and it happened about 6 times. And the thing is she appears to have total amnesia about all of this and denies ever doing it. I almost thought I was imagining everything but my sisters assured me it happened. So some parents (I'm not saying you and your husband, but definitely my Mom) have distorted memories of how these things affect their children.

anyway, thanks for telling us a little bit more of your story and please know that I'm really not trying to cast judgment on you or your husband.
But maybe someone reading this sees themselves in my mother and hopefully will stop before they lose too much control with their kids.
Jelly,
I'm sorry your mom lost control. I don't believe you should ever discipline your kids when you are out of control yourself. That's when you tell them to go to their room so you can take a few breaths and figure out the best course of action.

...2Blonde

SWC Bonfire
08-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Sorry Batman. Not buying it.

I buy some of it. I got away with some really inappropriate behavior because of my intelligence.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 11:27 AM
exactly thats what i mean, but in elementary i had my own ISS room, it was like that scene from lock down when they put Sylvester Stallone in the hole...they kept turning on a red light fully bright making me stand up and say my whole name and my school id number