PDA

View Full Version : Global warming 'pause' may last for 20 more years

SnakeBoy
11-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Global warming 'pause' may last for 20 more years and Arctic sea ice has already started to recover

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2485772/Global-warming-pause-20-years-Arctic-sea-ice-started-recover.html#ixzz3K9GEcAXJ

Wild Cobra
11-26-2014, 10:53 AM
It's nice to see scientists are starting to look outside the alarmist box.

SnakeBoy
11-26-2014, 11:57 AM
They can only deny reality for so long.

Wild Cobra
11-26-2014, 11:58 AM
They can only deny reality for so long.
They can only "correct" the temperature records so many times as well.

tlongII
11-26-2014, 12:50 PM
Manny!

The Reckoning
11-26-2014, 01:06 PM
so my death is paused for another 20 years? oh thank goodness I was giving all my money to the scientists' investors to save me

RandomGuy
06-26-2019, 04:31 PM
Global warming 'pause' may last for 20 more years and Arctic sea ice has already started to recover

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3K9GEcAXJ

:lmao

SpursforSix
06-27-2019, 01:07 PM
:lmao

that's funny to you? Wouldn't you have preferred that the pause theory was correct?

Trainwreck2100
06-27-2019, 01:10 PM
that's funny to you? Wouldn't you have preferred that the pause theory was correct?

I'd personally prefer we did our best to curb this shit when we had the chance. If the "pause" really happened it wouldn't have been seen as a pause but as proof global warming didn't exist and we would have been much worse off 20 years from now.

SpursforSix
06-27-2019, 01:27 PM
I'd personally prefer we did our best to curb this shit when we had the chance. If the "pause" really happened it wouldn't have been seen as a pause but as proof global warming didn't exist and we would have been much worse off 20 years from now.

that's an interesting thought.

But in any event, I think we're too late.

Winehole23
06-28-2019, 09:21 AM
Feedback systems.

Even if we're too late to prevent some outcomes, there are still things we can do to mitigate them.

boutons_deux
06-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Feedback systems.

Even if we're too late to prevent some outcomes, there are still things we can do to mitigate them.

nope, it's over, and your "still things" ain't gonna happen.

The climate catastrophe has started and is unstoppable.

spurraider21
06-28-2019, 12:37 PM
The pause “theory” was conjure up by people who weren’t doing research in the field with the intention of duping the masses to our collective detriment

SpursforSix
06-28-2019, 12:46 PM
The pause “theory” was conjure up by people who weren’t doing research in the field with the intention of duping the masses to our collective detriment

I don’t doubt that at all. It just seems like RG would be happy if the whole world burnt down just so he could point fingers.

RandomGuy
07-12-2019, 05:05 PM

What's funny is that the denialist crowd will latch on to any grain of potential countervailing data to "prove" their theory while ignoring the mountain that doesn't.

Hence the title of "global warming denail is pseudosicence " the thread.

This was just an opportunity to shove Snakeboys nose in a pile of his shit, if he ever logs back in, which is doubtful.

Forum heartbeat is looking like it needs a defibrillator.

RandomGuy
07-12-2019, 05:08 PM
I don’t doubt that at all. It just seems like RG would be happy if the whole world burnt down just so he could point fingers.

"seems like" you are incorrect.

I would prefer the world not slide into the kinds of potentially harmful ecological damage that right-wing idiots in this country seem hell-bent on inflicting on the planet.

“Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we can not eat money.”
— Chief Seattle