PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Saints might play in the Alamodome

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm listening to Ticket 760 and they're talking about that the Saints might play in the Alamodome week 2, Sun 9/18 against the NY Giants.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-29-2005, 06:03 PM
NEW: Saints' contingency plans include San Antonio
Web Posted: 08/29/2005 04:55 PM CDT

Tom Orsborn
Express-News Staff Writer

The Alamodome will keep Sept. 18 vacant should the New Orleans Saints decide to move their home opener against the New York Giants to San Antonio, a city official said today.

“We would love to have them,” Alamodome director Mike Abington said. “We certainly don’t wish them the misfortune that would force them to come here. But if that is the case, we would love to have them and a lot of our citizens would love to watch them.”

San Antonio has never hosted a regular-season NFL game.

Saints officials called Abington after learning Hurricane Katrina had ripped two holes in the curved roof of the Louisiana Superdome, the Saints home.

Each hole measured about 15 to 20 feet long and 4 to 5 feet wide, Superdome and government emergency officials estimated.

The Saints flew to San Jose on Sunday to prepare for their Thursday night preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.

Abington said the Saints official said the team plans to practice next week in Charlotte, N.C., where the club will open the regular season on Sept. 11 against the Carolina Panthers.

The Saints practiced in San Antonio for three days last September after fleeing New Orleans ahead of Hurricane Ivan.

Saints owner Tom Benson, a New Orleans native, was once one of San Antonio’s biggest car dealers. He still owns a ranch in the Hill Country and often attends Mass at the University of the Incarnate Word.

In addition to speaking to Abington, the Saints also called the Marriott Rivercenter to ask about availability.

N.Y. Johnny
08-29-2005, 09:47 PM
that'd be interesting...there's your NFL in San Antonio there for 1 night only :lmao

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
that'd be interesting...there's your NFL in San Antonio there for 1 night only :lmao
If it is sold out and everything runs well, it could turn into something bigger. I thought the owner of the Saints wanted to move them to SA anyways?

gameFACE
08-29-2005, 10:43 PM
If they play here i'll be there!

Clandestino
08-30-2005, 09:45 AM
if they were to play in the alamodome, the saints would have their largest and rowdiest crowd ever!

samikeyp
08-30-2005, 05:42 PM
the way things are looking in NO...it might be more than just the 18th.

Horry For 3!
08-30-2005, 06:25 PM
The Saints are going to pratice in San Antonio, maybe in the Alamodome this weekend. They have been looking for hotels available and might be in SA as soon as Friday.

AlamoSpursFan
08-30-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm there if they play here!

Trainwreck2100
08-30-2005, 10:08 PM
The Saints are going to pratice in San Antonio, maybe in the Alamodome this weekend. They have been looking for hotels available and might be in SA as soon as Friday.

Kick them refugees out if they have to.

JudgeBean2000
08-30-2005, 10:09 PM
OK, IF the (S)Aint's are here for a while, how far in advance will they sell the tix for a game? (G.B. game to be exact)

slayermin
08-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Maybe some of the Spurs championship kharma will rub off on the Saints because they do have some talent. Aaron Brooks is an above average QB. I love Deuce because he can take it outside or pound it between the tackles. And on top of that, he can catch the ball. Joe Horn is a top ten receiver and paired with Donte Stalworth, they have the deep threat and the guy that will make the big catch.

On defense, Charles Grant and Darren Howard combined for 21.5 sacks last season. Their linebackers and secondary is average but overall, their defense is good.

I could easily see this team make the playoffs, if they can stay healthy. But they do play in a rough and tough division. Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa Bay are all playoff calibur too.

I can't believe I have to drive to San Diego to watch an NFL game. When the hell are they gonna bring a team to LA?

ChumpDumper
08-30-2005, 10:54 PM
That would be great if they had a fundraiser in conjunction with the game -- could be a great opportunity for SA all around.

Horry For 3!
08-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Maybe some of the Spurs championship kharma will rub off on the Saints because they do have some talent. Aaron Brooks is an above average QB. I love Deuce because he can take it outside or pound it between the tackles. And on top of that, he can catch the ball. Joe Horn is a top ten receiver and paired with Donte Stalworth, they have the deep threat and the guy that will make the big catch.

On defense, Charles Grant and Darren Howard combined for 21.5 sacks last season. Their linebackers and secondary is average but overall, their defense is good.

I could easily see this team make the playoffs, if they can stay healthy. But they do play in a rough and tough division. Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa Bay are all playoff calibur too.

I can't believe I have to drive to San Diego to watch an NFL game. When the hell are they gonna bring a team to LA?
LA had their chances at NFL teams, they fucked up.

msufan420
08-30-2005, 11:31 PM
According to Tiki Barber, on PTI this afternoon, the Saints are also very closely looking at Baton Rouge as well...since the Tigers don't have a home game that weekend. Don't get your hopes up yet for a NFL game in San Antonio.

slayermin
08-30-2005, 11:32 PM
LA had their chances at NFL teams, they fucked up.

They just need to renovate the Coliseum. SC could share it with the new NFL team. Pasadena is just not convenient. The Rose Bowl is a beautiful stadium but the way it's designed, it sux. It's too difficult for people to get in and out of their seat. Also, the parking is awful around the Rose Bowl. I don't know how the UCLA folks deal with it.

I hope LA gets an expansion team. I might even become a fan.

samikeyp
08-30-2005, 11:43 PM
According to Tiki Barber, on PTI this afternoon, the Saints are also very closely looking at Baton Rouge as well...since the Tigers don't have a home game that weekend. Don't get your hopes up yet for a NFL game in San Antonio.

They are already here, besides there are 8 home games and who knows when they can get back there. I wouldn't kill the idea either.

msufan420
08-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Already here? You sure...I heard yesterday that they were in San Diego practicing at San Diego State...and besides, I'm just reporting what I saw on ESPN.

maxpower
08-31-2005, 12:02 AM
After listening to the saints GM this afternoon...I would say the Saints at the Alamodome is wishful thinking. He was very adamant about not abandoning Louisiana in this time of crisis. The Saints are part of the fabric of New Orleans and they will do everything they can to have the game at least in Louisiana. Nothing other than a massive logistical nightmare in Louisiana will bring the Saints to SA.

AlamoSpursFan
08-31-2005, 12:04 AM
According to both KABB and KSAT, the Saints themselves confirmed that they are shacking up in SA for the forseeable future.

This is our chance to show the NFL that we can handle our own team. Maybe a good turn out will convince Red to go ahead with his plans to buy into the Saints and move them here.

Shitty way to get a team, but I'll take it and buy season tickets the second they go on sale!

samikeyp
08-31-2005, 07:19 AM
Already here? You sure...I heard yesterday that they were in San Diego practicing at San Diego State...and besides, I'm just reporting what I saw on ESPN.

I apologize, I misspoke...they are coming here after their exhibition game against Oakland. They have already made arrangments for practice facilities.

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 10:00 AM
if the saints play in alamodome, it will be a sell out every game!

2centsworth
08-31-2005, 10:12 AM
i wish it was under better circumstances. Nevertheless, Jerry Jones will squash any chance of the saints playing here.

scott
08-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Word is LSU doesn't want the Saints, which makes San Antonio the obvious choice. The NFL would prefer they play in Baton Rouge, but LSU is currently housing New Orleans refugees and would rather not have to worry about taking care of an NFL team.

Extra Stout
08-31-2005, 06:54 PM
After listening to the saints GM this afternoon...I would say the Saints at the Alamodome is wishful thinking. He was very adamant about not abandoning Louisiana in this time of crisis. The Saints are part of the fabric of New Orleans and they will do everything they can to have the game at least in Louisiana. Nothing other than a massive logistical nightmare in Louisiana will bring the Saints to SA.
If they're bound and determined to stay in Louisiana, then Shreveport is about their only option.

Maybe if they can get something set up for the last 7 home dates, they'll do it, but for now, the Alamodome is probably the best option.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-31-2005, 07:31 PM
No way they'd play in Shreveport, that place is a dump (Independence Bowl).

Vashner
08-31-2005, 11:27 PM
San Antonio Saints... welcome home... cold beer.. touchdown...

.... then party downtown after victories... Saints will get spoiled fast
and won't want to leave..

ChumpDumper
09-01-2005, 02:24 AM
There are plenty of dumps -- but I think the easiest one to book would be to Cotton Bowl now that I think about it.

j-6
09-01-2005, 02:34 AM
There are plenty of dumps -- but I think the easiest one to book would be to Cotton Bowl now that I think about it.

What about playing in Memphis? Didn't the Oilers/Titans have to get it up to speed when they moved there initially?

ChumpDumper
09-01-2005, 02:58 AM
What about playing in Memphis? Didn't the Oilers/Titans have to get it up to speed when they moved there initially?Well, the Tigers play there so field wear could be a problem. The Cotton Bowl has what -- two games a year since SMU moved out? Maybe some high school games?

j-6
09-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Well, the Tigers play there so field wear could be a problem. The Cotton Bowl has what -- two games a year since SMU moved out? Maybe some high school games?

Oh, I just remembered that the soccer team has their own facility in Frisco now. So yeah, maybe a couple of games a year, tops, at the Cotton Bowl. All I can think of is the UT-OU game and the actual Cotton Bowl game.

It's in a super-shitty neighborhood, though. I go there for State Fair yearly and always pay the extra $$$ to park on grounds rather than someone's yard. Every year there's stories in the paper about people getting their cars stolen becuase they opted for the cheap unofficial parking rather than behind chain-link and razor wire.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2005, 11:27 AM
It's in a super-shitty neighborhood, though.Well, the SBC isn't in the Dominion -- besides, the city of Dallas can donate it's use just as Houston is doing with the "Afrodome."

Come to think of it, there isn't much going on in Reunion Arena after Disney on Ice....

j-6
09-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Well, the SBC isn't in the Dominion -- besides, the city of Dallas can donate it's use just as Houston is doing with the "Afrodome."

Come to think of it, there isn't much going on in Reunion Arena after Disney on Ice....

Reunion is our local shelter.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Sure, but will it be in December? Next year? This is temporary.

j-6
09-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I meant that Reunion is where Dallas is putting up their Katrina refugees...got bussed in last night from Louisiana. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Oh, I know what you meant -- truthfully I don't know how long they will or could be kept in such places. I imagine tent cities or other housing will eventually be set up.

Horry For 3!
09-02-2005, 12:55 AM
I meant that Reunion is where Dallas is putting up their Katrina refugees...got bussed in last night from Louisiana. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I haven't heard any reugees going to Dallas? But I know like 20 - 30K will be in Houston and i've heard that 23K will be in San Antonio.

ZStomp
09-02-2005, 05:04 PM
KSAT just reported that the Saints WILL NOT be playing here on the 18th. :(

Too bad, I was looking forward to watching some live NFL in SA.

King Manu
09-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Saints will still play the 7 games in san antonio

N.Y. Johnny
09-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Geaux Saints!

Kori Ellis
09-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Just so you know, Saints Head Coach Jim Haslett and GM Mickey Loomis are having a press conference here in San Antonio tomorrow (Sunday) at 6pm.

samikeyp
09-04-2005, 11:40 AM
The NFL may have them play all their games on the road like they are doing against the Giants.

Trainwreck2100
09-04-2005, 11:44 AM
The NFL may have them play all their games on the road like they are doing against the Giants.

Prob not, the Saints could argue that would give every other team in the division an unfair advantage.

CrashMag
09-04-2005, 02:36 PM
if the saint come to SA i will paint my house gold and black....
South texas is just a football state and i would love to have
the chance to prove that SA is a football town.

Rescueone
09-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Well, the SBC isn't in the Dominion -- besides, the city of Dallas can donate it's use just as Houston is doing with the "Afrodome."

Please keep your negative racial condenscending attitude out of this forum! What you say is very disrespectful and unwanted. Check yourself! dumbass!

ChumpDumper
09-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Please keep your negative racial condenscending attitude out of this forum! What you say is very disrespectful and unwanted. Check yourself! dumbass!Take it up with Paula Zahn, she accidentally coined the term during a newscast, as reported on these boards. Hence the quotes. Go ahead and search for it.

Then fuck yourself.

Respectfully.

Rescueone
09-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Take it up with Paula Zahn, she accidentally coined the term during a newscast, as reported on these boards. Hence the quotes. Go ahead and search for it.

Then fuck yourself.

Respectfully.

Fuck the quote, There are no "accidents" when it comes to race. You're keeping fire on the term by repeating it in here. Are you saying you're a follower? Monkey see, monkey do? Deep down inside your ass is a racist just like her and it's coming out by what's happening in New Orleans. Like I said, check yourself chump! dumbass! Just let it go!

samikeyp
09-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Maybe she made a mistake...or maybe she is a racist....without knowing her personally....we can't accurately. I hope it was just a mistake...if not, fire her ass.

King Manu
09-05-2005, 11:21 PM
San Antonio is the best place for the Saints. San Antonio has a stronger economy than the state of L.A. Baton Rogue is a very small town. Baton is the size of Corpus Christie. No way Tom Benson moves HIS team to Baton Rouge. Tom Benson is from San Antonio and has all of his investments in San Antonio. Benson knows the NFL market is ready for San Antonio. San Antonio has more fortune 500 companies than New Orleans. San Antonio has a larger tv market than New Orleans. San Antonio as no state income tax. The saints players would love that. San Antonio has 1.8 million in the metro area. New Orleans doesn't even have 1 million in there metro area.

Which means San Antonio overall can support the Saints. Will some san antonio citizens support the saints or be traitors in supporting the cowboys. That's the main question. The Saints move here, I am going for the home team.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Fuck the quote, There are no "accidents" when it comes to race.You're absolutely right -- I typed it on purpose, because it's humorous.
You're keeping fire on the term by repeating it in here. Are you saying you're a follower? Monkey see, monkey do? Deep down inside your ass is a racist just like her and it's coming out by what's happening in New Orleans. Like I said, check yourself chump! dumbass! Just let it go!It was funny. Those with a sense of humor know it's funny.

Some of my best friends have afros.

Also funny.

Like I said, fuck yourself.

Dirty_Sanchez
09-06-2005, 06:58 AM
No way they'd play in Shreveport, that place is a dump (Independence Bowl).

A San Antonio fan calling another city a dump?

Too funny!

Dirty_Sanchez
09-06-2005, 07:01 AM
KSAT just reported that the Saints WILL NOT be playing here on the 18th. :(

Too bad, I was looking forward to watching some live NFL in SA.

That's OK. You can still watch real live Major League Baseball. No wait San Antonio doesn't have a team.

Oh OK...what about real live NHL hockey? No...I guess that is out also.

Face it, San Antonio. You are a 2nd rate city. Accept it.

dknights411
09-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Face it, San Antonio. You are a 2nd rate city. Accept it.

:blah :blah :blah :blah

BOY are you deluded, and this coming from a place that stole not one, but TWO teams (Coyotes from Winnipeg and Cardinals from St. Louis). So if stealing makes us a "First-Rate" city like Phoenix, then sign me up!!! :spin

Oh and by the way...

:stfu

Dirty_Sanchez
09-06-2005, 08:05 AM
:blah :blah :blah :blah

BOY are you deluded, and this coming from a place that stole not one, but TWO teams (Coyotes from Winnipeg and Cardinals from St. Louis). So if stealing makes us a "First-Rate" city like Phoenix, then sign me up!!! :spin

Oh and by the way...

:stfu

Not from Phoenix so your comments don't mean shit to me.

dknights411
09-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Not from Phoenix so your comments don't mean shit to me.

Now THAT'S sad.

Dirty_Sanchez
09-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Now THAT'S sad.

Why is it sad?

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 08:16 AM
A San Antonio fan calling another city a dump?

Too funny!

Have you been to Phoenix lately? That place is a dump and it's not funny!

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 08:55 AM
You're absolutely right -- I typed it on purpose, because it's humorous.It was funny. Those with a sense of humor know it's funny.

Some of my best friends have afros.

Also funny.

Like I said, fuck yourself.

Typical white boy response! You're really comical and easily read. If you haven't learned by now.... "Let me teach you something my lil friend". There is no "sense of humor" in bashing those who are different. Those who are in wheel chairs, minorities, the elderly, or the young. When one person gets offended by dumb ass comments that were meant to be "humerous" to those like you. It isn't funny. Even if youdidn't coin the term, you and those like you should know it isn't correct if you're not a "racist" and not keep it alive. This type of behavior that you're displaying only leads to hate. You as a white boy would never understand what I'm saying because you are white my friend. My white military comrads would never ever say, print or quote anything as derogatory as that. Does that make them better than you or do they just have racial empathy? Let's just stop right there and call it a learning experience. TRUCE my friend, and I won't tell you Fuck yourself also after this! Do we have a DEAL???

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Do we have a DEAL???Nope.

One of my black friends brought it up to me independent of this board.

We laughed.

You're going to get the standard talk show "You don't know me" response because you simply don't. I didn't see jump on me when I go off on "whitey" and use the "white folk" one-liner and call myself a cracka (which, if you're going to be as sensitive as you are about other words, I most certainly am not). I am consistently an asshole; I suppose you are consistently a hypocrite.

I don't have many real friends, because I am a difficult person -- not a racist. The friends in town I can stand to be around for more than 30 minutes at a time and vice versa happen to be some combination of black, Laotian, Mexican and gay. My girlfriend is a disabled Korean. No affirmative action involved, that's just the way things happened the past couple of years. If you bothered to read my posts about the photo captions you will know what side of that argument I took. When I quoted the term "Afrodome" I was continuing to make fun of the media coverage and will continue to use it with my friend when we discuss it.

It's funny to us. We understand why we say things like that. I would hope you would have that kind of relationship with a cracka or two in the service.

I have never been called a racist in my entire life. Of course I have never been called alot of things I have been called on this message board because its chock full of ignorant blowhards. If you truly think you know me from one post on a message board, feel free to tell me all about myself. If you want to judge my entire life from one word on a message board, go right ahead. I know differently.

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Nope.

One of my black friends brought it up to me independent of this board.

We laughed.

You're going to get the standard talk show "You don't know me" response because you simply don't. I didn't see jump on me when I go off on "whitey" and use the "white folk" one-liner and call myself a cracka (which, if you're going to be as sensitive as you are about other words, I most certainly am not). I am consistently an asshole; I suppose you are consistently a hypocrite.

I don't have many real friends, because I am a difficult person -- not a racist. The friends in town I can stand to be around for more than 30 minutes at a time and vice versa happen to be some combination of black, Laotian, Mexican and gay. My girlfriend is a disabled Korean. No affirmative action involved, that's just the way things happened the past couple of years. If you bothered to read my posts about the photo captions you will know what side of that argument I took. When I quoted the term "Afrodome" I was continuing to make fun of the media coverage and will continue to use it with my friend when we discuss it.

It's funny to us. We understand why we say things like that. I would hope you would have that kind of relationship with a cracka or two in the service.

I have never been called a racist in my entire life. Of course I have never been called alot of things I have been called on this message board because its chock full of ignorant blowhards. If you truly think you know me from one post on a message board, feel free to tell me all about myself. If you want to judge my entire life from one word on a message board, go right ahead. I know differently.

Like I said earlier....Typical whiteboy bullshit! That one liner....one of my black friend laughed at it. :blah :blah yeah right...If he was truly a "brother" he wouldv'e kicked your ass after reading iwhat you wrote period. So what you're a difficult person. Maybe it's a testiment that you really are a covert racist deep down inside and you need a gut check. I did check some of your other posts on this forum. Not all, just some of your most recent ones..... and the mention of a black Lab dog from New Orleans being here...."He must be a looter because he's black" .... Is this not a racial derogatory comment? What's your excuse for saying that my lil friend? Jokes? ....oh, I got it! Try saying that around at least two Afro-Americans, other than your so called black brother friend and see what type of response you get. As for your comment of me being a hypocrite.... NOT! I'm a black man from NY and never would degrade anyone or anything. I know and felt discriminated against as a child. Been there, done that.... The type of relationships we have in the military on this subject is zero tolerance. It's an easy way to get a bad conduct discharge if we go there. So, we don't go there! It's understood service wide! So what we don't have a deal, I tried to school you, but I guess one "can't teach old dogs new tricks" deeply rooted!
By the way, If that's a picture of you in the corner, you might want to change it. It looks too pornographic, like you're ready to take in a stiff one.

samikeyp
09-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I agree with you, Rescue...but isn't this comment racist as well?

Like I said earlier....Typical whiteboy bullshit!

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 11:10 AM
I agree with you, Rescue...but isn't this comment racist as well?

No, he's white...not a man, just a boy! = whiteboy! just like the term blackgirl, blackboy. no racial pun intended!

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 11:12 AM
If he was truly a "brother" he wouldv'e kicked your ass after reading iwhat you wrote period.Now you're going to judge a black man on whether he laughs at one thing. Not surprising.
Maybe it's a testiment that you really are a covert racist deep down inside and you need a gut check.I checked. I'm not.
and the mention of a black Lab dog from New Orleans being here...."He must be a looter because he's black" .... Is this not a racial derogatory comment?So you called out Kori and LJ too right? They thought of the same thing before I did -- is LJ not a true brother? Should he have kicked Kori's ass right when she typed it?
The type of relationships we have in the military on this subject is zero tolerance.So, Chapelle's Show is verboten? A discussion of Huck Finn would get you kicked out? Ok, sorry you're missing out.
I tried to school youYou tried to lecture me from a position of extreme ignorance. If you want an actual dialogue, you can PM me.
By the way, If that's a picture of you in the corner, you might want to change it. It looks too pornographic, like you're ready to take in a stiff one.You might want to check yourself about your interpretation of that photo -- but it's not unlike you to jump to the wrong conclusion.

samikeyp
09-06-2005, 11:17 AM
No, he's white...not a man, just a boy! = whiteboy! just like the term blackgirl, blackboy. no racial pun intended!

so then ALL white boys talk like that.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 11:20 AM
just like the term blackgirl, blackboy.Now I would expect to get my ass kicked if I called a black man "boy."

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Now you're going to judge a black man on whether he laughs at one thing. Not surprising.I checked. I'm not.So you called out Kori and LJ too right? They thought of the same thing before I did -- is LJ not a true brother? Should he have kicked Kori's ass right when she typed it?So, Chapelle's Show is verboten? A discussion of Huck Finn would get you kicked out? Ok, sorry you're missing out.You tried to lecture me from a position of extreme ignorance. If you want an actual dialogue, you can PM me.You might want to check yourself about your interpretation of that photo -- but it's not unlike you to jump to the wrong conclusion.

Judging a blackman/woman one whether he/she laughs at a derogatory directed towards them and they laugh at it....Hell Yeah. I don't care who they are Kori...LJ. If they are true black they would've been commenting like I'm doing to you. I"M NOT LECTURING and I'm Not ignorant on the subject of race! You are!

Chapelle's show?....come on man. He even offends me, so I don't watch him. I'm not missing out on much away!

What's up with your picture in the corner...school me. I can take it and adjust.

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Now I would expect to get my ass kicked if I called a black man "boy."

So someone schooled you on that!

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 11:53 AM
so then ALL white boys talk like that.

You can't say that! not all, but there's a good percentage of them out there that do.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 11:55 AM
I don't care who they are Kori...LJ. If they are true black they would've been commenting like I'm doing to you.Funny, because YOU didn't comment on them either.
I"M NOT LECTURINGOf course you are.
I'm Not ignorant on the subject of race!You are ignorant on the subject of me.
Chapelle's show?....come on man. He even offends me, so I don't watch him.So you don't have to read my posts either. I can school you on the use of the ignore function. I meant no offense using the term, but I will probably use it again at some point when discussing the media. Feel free to ignore it then as well.
What's up with your picture in the corner...school me.What can I say? We all look alike.

samikeyp
09-06-2005, 12:08 PM
You can't say that! not all, but there's a good percentage of them out there that do.

It came across as that is what you were saying and I was asking if you thought that. What is a good percentage? 50%, 25% 75%? and how do you know this? Are you just assuming? Is it a good percentage of who you know personally or white boys in general?

I work with a young men's organzation and I have a group of about 15-20 kids, about half of them are white and none of them talk like that...although I am not sure what "typical whiteboy bullshit" is. Those kids are respectful to others of all races and that is one thing we as adults emphasize. So I am guessing that your guess of "most" is not necessarily accurate.

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Funny, because YOU didn't comment on them either.Of course you are.You are ignorant on the subject of me.So you don't have to read my posts either. I can school you on the use of the ignore function. I meant no offense using the term, but I will probably use it again at some point when discussing the media. Feel free to ignore it then as well.What can I say? We all look alike.

You know, I read only the post that are in this thread. I didn't seek out and find where quoted terms come from, and why should I. When I came across your replys, I commented on them. I didn't see anyone else referring to the Astrodome as you did in this thread. Commenting on the black lab as being a "looter because he is black"? That's all I needed to see for me to comment on it! Maybe I'm overly sensitive on the subject because I'm a minority in this forum and take derogatory comments whether they are jokes or not as personal attacks against me. Race is always going to be a big issue in America., but when the derogatory comments keep rearing it's ugly head, we will never gain a true equality. These types of comments in spoken or written form need to disappear. Wheather they come from Blacks, Whites, Hispanics or whomever. You will never understand! "The power of one voice"

samikeyp
09-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Maybe I'm overly sensitive on the subject because I'm a minority in this forum

How do you know? You may not be but even if you are, racism is not prevalent here. Kori and LJ do not allow it.

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 12:41 PM
It came across as that is what you were saying and I was asking if you thought that. What is a good percentage? 50%, 25% 75%? and how do you know this? Are you just assuming? Is it a good percentage of who you know personally or white boys in general?

I work with a young men's organzation and I have a group of about 15-20 kids, about half of them are white and none of them talk like that...although I am not sure what "typical whiteboy bullshit" is. Those kids are respectful to others of all races and that is one thing we as adults emphasize. So I am guessing that your guess of "most" is not necessarily accurate.

You are teaching those young men the correct way. A good foundation in which to build and respect everyone as equals. I commend you and those that work with you. You're a team of teachers and mentors that will guide those young men into respectful citizens. Good Job once again!

As far as percentages, I can only speak from my experiences growing up in the North East. I grew up in Buffalo NY and went to college in Baltimore MD. Traveled throught the Northeast. From Mass, Conn, NJ, Pa and the D.C/ Va. area. In my experiences I'd say 25%.

The typical whiteboy BS is them saying " I'm not racist because I have one black friend" they they make racial comments because they think it's O.K. because they have a black friend.

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 12:45 PM
How do you know? You may not be but even if you are, racism is not prevalent here. Kori and LJ do not allow it.

I'm not saying that it is. Just comments by certain indivduals can be perceived as such. That's all it takes. Do you feel that those comments weren't derogatory in nature?

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 12:52 PM
You will never understand!It's absolutely true I will never understand what it means to be on the receiving end of such prejudice. I read and wrote quite a bit to educate myself as best I could, but I know I will always be lacking a true understanding. I do understand why you got uptight about it, but your refusal to educate yourself about any context even in these forums -- and your choice not to PM me to avoid the chest-beating this board requires -- lead me to believe that yours is the closed mind here.

In this particular case I know I have done nothing wrong. I will not soon forget what Paula Zahn said and really want to follow up to see if anything else was said about it -- just as I do for "captiongate." I hope that term doesn't offend you.
Kori and LJ do not allow it.True.

Satire, however, is allowed.

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 01:02 PM
It's absolutely true I will never understand what it means to be on the receiving end of such prejudice. I read and wrote quite a bit to educate myself as best I could, but I know I will always be lacking a true understanding. I do understand why you got uptight about it, but your refusal to educate yourself about any context even in these forums -- and your choice not to PM me to avoid the chest-beating this board requires -- lead me to believe that yours is the closed mind here.

In this particular case I know I have done nothing wrong. I will not soon forget what Paula Zahn said and really want to follow up to see if anything else was said about it -- just as I do for "captiongate." I hope that term doesn't offend you.True.

Satire, however, is allowed.

OK, I'm done on this, cased closed by your words. by the way, you could have PM me also.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 01:04 PM
You're the one with the problem.

I invited you.

samikeyp
09-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm not saying that it is. Just comments by certain indivduals can be perceived as such. That's all it takes. Do you feel that those comments weren't derogatory in nature?

Which ones? I thought the afrodome comment...if it wasn't a mistake....was way out of line. I thought the "typical whiteboy bullshit" one was too.

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 01:16 PM
You're the one with the problem.

I invited you.

The only "problem" I have is your comments. Yes you did invite me to PM you. You kept on in this forum attacking. If you wanted to you could have PM me. What, are you trying to say that you're too good to PM a black man first?

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Which ones? I thought the afrodome comment...if it wasn't a mistake....was way out of line. I thought the "typical whiteboy bullshit" one was too.

Yes that one, and the black lab comment....Like I said earlier, I'm spent!

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I thought you were done.
What, are you trying to say that you're too good to PM a black man first?Now THAT'S funny. See, I knew you had a sense of humor.

Rescueone
09-06-2005, 01:23 PM
If I offended any caucasian in this forum by the use of the term "whiteboy" I am truly sorry. Please accept my appology.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Also funny.