PDA

View Full Version : m>s

Franklin
11-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Dude, you've been my best friend around this place since I first came here bro, and here I have some serious questions to ask you concerning my Lunar Goddess (not relationship advice, but about her job). I know you've been working as an accountant for about 3 years and you must know this business better than any other spurstalker does. So here is the story...

Yesterday I went to school and met with a friend of hers... she told me that LG had already signed a pre-contract agreement with PwC, and when I was about to leave school I happened to meet with LG. She greeted me when I didn't even notice her at all because she was dressed in formal suit, I had never seen her dressed that way before. She confirmed it, she told me she was just back from the local PwC branch which she signed the agreement with. I was glad for her of course, she had clinched a contract while most of us were still hunting for jobs like dogs, but...

Later that day I searched PwC on google (chinese version of google, to be accurate, since google is banned here). I had heard about the super heavy workload of PwC (or any other of the so-called big 4 assholes) a long time ago but still I found on the internet way more than what I expected. I even saw news that reported the death of a 25yr old PwC employee due to excessive fatigue, and I was frightened as shit.

I know working at such a big firm kinda sounds cool, but we work for money & a happy life but not for coolness, right? PwC and the other 3 assholes hire thousands of youngsters every year who have little to none knowledge about accounting, then after receiving some entry-level training the poor young people will be used as cheap slaves. And yeah, the pay is rather mediocre compared to the workload.

As an expectant boyfriend or whatever you may call it, I probably should not discourage my dream girl from pursuing her dreams, and I know that such jobs come with considerable salary rise in the future, but I still gotta say this... guaranteed money is guaranteed money, and don't believe in no such promises made by the exploiters if they're not inked on the contract.

PwC (or any other big 4 asshole for that matter) is just a glorified Target imho. I call it "glorified" because the pay seems to be better than Target's (ask my nigga Jacob) but in fact it is actually even worse if you factor in workload. I don't know how it works in America, but a company like PwC hiring laymen to do accounting job is always beyond me tbh. M>S, if your job could be done by an English major just after a few months of basic training, then why did you spend 4yrs beyond at college studying that accounting shit in the first place? And the job itself didn't seem that hard to get... just one round of exam (70% pass rate :lol) and two rounds of interviews, maybe everyone interviewed was given an offer (just like the college job we interviewed for last week). Yes, only few people go to PwC or the other 3 assholes, but it's probably not because most people aren't qualified but that they just don't want to, imho. No major limit, and even bachelors can apply for such jobs and hopefully get recruited...

So here is my point, again... if a job is so easy to get, it's probably not worth taking. Next week I'm gonna call her out for a dinner something, and I'll let her know that she doesn't need to work like a glorified slave to live a happy life in East New York (my hometown). We wouldn't even need to save up for a home since my parents already have a shitty apartment which's been vacant for years in downtown area, not so big but cozy enough. I'm not saying our family is richer than middle class, but at least we're not very poor thanks to my mom's genius investment 12 years ago (when she purchased that shitty downtown apartment just because it was close to the school I went to, and its value has increased 8 times since then :lol).

But on top of all, LG has to accept my love. Next week on our first real "date" I'll be honest like a fool to her, trying my best to persuade her to reconsider options (each of us is allowed to renege once). I won't be a male dream killer to her, of course, I will respect her decisions and choices, but I'll also keep encouraging her to continue the job hunt. She has told me that she prefers government jobs or similar ones for better stability, so I guess the PwC job isn't the ideal one for her imho.

So, m>s, what accounting firm have you been working at, and how heavy is the workload? The workload doesn't seem too heavy to me since it appears that you still have so much spare time to spend posting on Spurstalk. And what's your honest opinion on PwC, or to be more exact, your prophetic prospect for LG's future at PwC (if she eventually works there). Lunar Goddess hadn't learned shit about accounting before, and she kinda sucks at math so I'm not very optimistic tbh.

Franklin
11-28-2014, 08:35 PM
I didn't have even a minute of legit sleep last night, my 3rd sleepless night because of Lunar Goddess. I really feel I can't stand it anymore and that's why I'm hastening a date next week, otherwise I'd have probably gone insane before Christmas tbh. I want to know how she feels and let her know my feelings the straightest way, I ain't procrastinating no more shit's too tiring and distracting tbh. I need to put shits together ASAP and land myself a badass job, and I don't think it'd be very difficult given my outstanding education background. In fact I only started looking for jobs in mid October, while most classmates have been doing so since summer vacation.

But the good thing is, our shitty apartment in the downtown is just a few blocks away from the PwC branch LG is going to work at, so even for the worst scenario (she ends up working there) I'd be able to give her a cozy home at least, just 10min walk something so she wouldn't have to squeeze herself into a shitty bus no more :cry

m>s
11-28-2014, 08:59 PM
I would just worry about the date for now and bring up the job thing maybe later. At PwC she's going to work about 60 hours per week but If it's what she wants to do then the sky is the limit on earning potential. It just depends what she wants out if life. Personally I would choose a straight 40 with less pay than dance like a monkey. I have to ask, how did she land a job there with an English degree? That isn't possible Here in the states.

Franklin
11-28-2014, 09:26 PM
I would just worry about the date for now and bring up the job thing maybe later. At PwC she's going to work about 60 hours per week but If it's what she wants to do then the sky is the limit on earning potential. It just depends what she wants out if life. Personally I would choose a straight 40 with less pay than dance like a monkey. I have to ask, how did she land a job there with an English degree? That isn't possible Here in the states.
that's exactly what I'm most concerned about. She hasn't taken no accounting classes before and she sucks at math, both of which will inevitably count against her chance to succeed there. it seems to me the chinks just use PwC as a bait to lure those poor young people into their trap where the young people (possibly including LG, hopefully not though) would be used as slaves. Chinks don't care about degree, the young people are just being used as cheap labors and they can serve that purpose just fine as long as they can walk and speak. Glorified slavery that's how I'm gonna describe it tbh. If she agrees to my love proposal I'd introduce her to you so you'd be able to lecture her straight away, bro, thanks in advance. I heard that in some chinese PwC branches they workers have to work 18 hours a day during busy months :cry

You're right, the earning potential is abundant but no one knows how much it's going to be realized tbh. I'll side with you on this one, a straight 40 with less pay is just what I want and what I want her to take because we wouldn't need that much money to reside in my hometown (we can even eat at my parents' home tbh). it's like a band of pirates imho, they're told the fortune is limitless but only few pirates could come out survivors. And just like I said, LG likes a college teaching job or a government job better than anything else (for their stability), but they're NOT easy to get. I just wanna encourage her to keep trying. Even if she ends up working in the private sector there're still millions of jobs (40 with less pay types) better than the PwC shit tbh.

And I don't see why you worry about the date. I drove together with her last Wednesday (just me and her) and we got along just fine. We're already good friends now and I can feel that she has just as much interest in me as I have in her.

m>s
11-29-2014, 08:44 PM
that's exactly what I'm most concerned about. She hasn't taken no accounting classes before and she sucks at math, both of which will inevitably count against her chance to succeed there. it seems to me the chinks just use PwC as a bait to lure those poor young people into their trap where the young people (possibly including LG, hopefully not though) would be used as slaves. Chinks don't care about degree, the young people are just being used as cheap labors and they can serve that purpose just fine as long as they can walk and speak. Glorified slavery that's how I'm gonna describe it tbh. If she agrees to my love proposal I'd introduce her to you so you'd be able to lecture her straight away, bro, thanks in advance. I heard that in some chinese PwC branches they workers have to work 18 hours a day during busy months :cry

You're right, the earning potential is abundant but no one knows how much it's going to be realized tbh. I'll side with you on this one, a straight 40 with less pay is just what I want and what I want her to take because we wouldn't need that much money to reside in my hometown (we can even eat at my parents' home tbh). it's like a band of pirates imho, they're told the fortune is limitless but only few pirates could come out survivors. And just like I said, LG likes a college teaching job or a government job better than anything else (for their stability), but they're NOT easy to get. I just wanna encourage her to keep trying. Even if she ends up working in the private sector there're still millions of jobs (40 with less pay types) better than the PwC shit tbh.

And I don't see why you worry about the date. I drove together with her last Wednesday (just me and her) and we got along just fine. We're already good friends now and I can feel that she has just as much interest in me as I have in her.

i'm honestly confused how she could be hired at PwC without any accounting classes, something doesn't really make sense. but if it's something she wants to do then she should totally go for it, i would just wait until you've been dating for a while then casually bring it up. if shes ok with working so much then don't be a male version of a dream killer, but if she agrees with you then just tell her what you suggested in this thread.

the reason i'm emphasizing time and worrying about the date first is because as far as i understand you guys are just friends now correct? if she feels like you are already trying to control her before you're even together then you might turn her off tbh.

Silver&Black
11-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Why don't you two fags just PM each other?

The Reckoning
11-29-2014, 09:04 PM
because none of this is true

Reck
11-29-2014, 10:49 PM
because none of this is true

The girl is, at least.

The Reckoning
11-29-2014, 11:28 PM
pretty sad tbh all i talk about in PMs with other posters is tits

m>s
11-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Why don't you two fags just PM each other?
China doesn't allow pm

Silver&Black
11-30-2014, 12:54 AM
pretty sad tbh all i talk about in PMs with other posters is tits

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/450/154/820.jpeg

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Lol my acct degree has been collecting dusts 7 yr now, over supply of acct who would work for peanuts just to get foot into door

Franklin
11-30-2014, 08:00 AM
i'm honestly confused how she could be hired at PwC without any accounting classes, something doesn't really make sense. but if it's something she wants to do then she should totally go for it, i would just wait until you've been dating for a while then casually bring it up. if shes ok with working so much then don't be a male version of a dream killer, but if she agrees with you then just tell her what you suggested in this thread.

the reason i'm emphasizing time and worrying about the date first is because as far as i understand you guys are just friends now correct? if she feels like you are already trying to control her before you're even together then you might turn her off tbh.
it is only you who wants to control his girl in a possessive manner imho, not me, I've always respected her choices and given her whatever help possible. Just now I searched that job on some Chinese website and it doesn't seem too bad tbh, the pay is very good in particular and I've never imagined to make that much myself (unless i somehow get famous for my books, of course). The pay at first two years is mediocre though, but the annual growth is pretty significant (about 20-30% each year). LG came from a small city so I guess she must crave an opulent type of life. New recruits will receive some basic training on accounting before starting to work, and they won't take any complex tasks at first (like those you deal with) so they'll be OK, I think.

I think money matters more to her than love or anything at this point of time, so I have to respect her choice, and so yeah, I'll cut ties with her immediately and get over it. She is and will still me a friend of mine maybe, but nothing more... She's a changed girl, or I've never really known the real her in the first place. She hasn't approved any of my poems since her final interview at PwC. She must've known she could clinch that job tbh, she's intentionally shirking me off I can feel it. How fast things have changed :cry, I could've asked her to be my girl just one month ago and I knew she would've accepted it gladly, but even then she'd still leave me after receiving that offer from PwC. Fuck PwC I fucking hate bankers and accountants (not including you of course, my nigga :cry), I'm even a shittier version of Jacob at least dude only faps to hot celebrities. Dude's smart enough to dream about any girls in the real life because he knows he can't get any, nor can I, we're both fated to be mutha fuckin' celibates lifelong. So... bump this thread already, tbh.

But before bumping this thread I want to make a brief forecast of my new novel, a sequel to Stranger in Hometown. In Stranger in Hometown II I'm gonna tell the whole story about me and LG from June till now. I don't hate her at all though, just like I never hated Leigh, but instead I'm very thankful to her because I learned another good lesson from the Lunar Goddess tbh. I understand her choices and I would've made the same choices in her place. Girls like alpha males but never beta males like me, I was an alpha in our class (being the fair-haired boy since April) until July when I developed the stupid liking for her, and I've been acting beta since then. I was an alpha back then which I think was the reason why she flirted with me, I should've maintained that way instead of showing my true feelings, but now everything is already too late. Even my professor has been treating me bad since then because he also heard the rumors...

But still I don't hate her at all. I will be an alpha again and I won't ever beg her to change her mind like a fucking loser, so now all I'm gonna say to her is... thanks, congrats, and best wishes :toast

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2014, 08:36 AM
No money no love, common in Asia upbringing

Franklin
11-30-2014, 09:18 AM
You're damn right bro, I knew it in the first place that's why I didn't initiate nothing "real". I've always stated that I'll wait until both of us get jobs, now she's got a badass one while I'm still a fucking loser begging for treadmill jobs like a fucking dog, and will never get a job (even with my best luck) even half as good as hers. Is my life fucked up? Mentally I feel I'm pretty much fucked up, just like my nigga Jacob but I think it ain't irrecoverable imho. I'm a badass again, and a misogynist too (fuck LG fuck Scarlett, fuck them all bitches... see?), and I'm going to act like a muthafuckin' alpha just like I did in highschool. My crush on Scarlett was just as retarded as the recent one on LG, but thankfully they've cancelled off each other and now I'm back what I was and was so proud of... a misogynist badass, tbh.

Franklin
11-30-2014, 09:34 AM
but i have to say it again, I understand her choices and I totally support her. We're still friends at least (at least before graduate we still are, who cares about what afterwards). We'll live our own respective lives, separate and probably never meeting again, even though we're still going to live in the same city... We belong in different classes, if you ask why. She's gonna get rich soon, following a career path similar to my nigga m>s's while I'll be happy to take a government job even with shitty pay. Sometimes it takes more courage to put end to something than continue it, imho. I'm a true warrior and it's a moral victory for me...

TDMVPDPOY
12-01-2014, 01:26 AM
She knows what she wants and what she can get when ratio of girls to boys is limited, u be cuckoos anyway as she climbs that corporate ladder and tempted by males....sexual advances is common in Asia, they will never say no if leads to promoting

Lol ethics classes is a load of bs anyway and

HI-FI
12-01-2014, 02:34 AM
No money no love, common in Asia upbringing
damn that's harsh, but where would we be without their "massages"....

Franklin
12-01-2014, 07:03 AM
She knows what she wants and what she can get when ratio of girls to boys is limited, u be cuckoos anyway as she climbs that corporate ladder and tempted by males....sexual advances is common in Asia, they will never say no if leads to promoting

Lol ethics classes is a load of bs anyway and
No, the job offer was somewhat unexpected imho, it was a surprise to her. It was like a dream come true to her in her own words but I'm afraid someday it'll turn out to be a nightmare come true. I just don't fancy her chances to succeed in accounting when she's not so good at math, she's not sensitive at all to numbers which's gonna be a terrible obstacle to an accounting job imho.

But what can I do? I don't wanna look like a prick, a male version of dream killer persuading and discouraging her from what she considers a dream come true. I just wanna give her some honest advice. Yes the job looks good, but not so if at the cost of health tbh.