PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Tim Duncan is shooting below 15% in post up moves/shots...

apalisoc_9
11-30-2014, 02:04 PM
:lol....

When is this team going to stop using 4 down...

FlAVaK
11-30-2014, 02:16 PM
When is you going to stop using "+ New Thread" ...

HemisfairArena
11-30-2014, 09:21 PM
I'll bump this thread to give OP purpose in life,,,,

Blue Duck
12-01-2014, 09:46 AM
It's a worthy topic of discussion. We all love Timmy and are grateful to have him, but he has been missing some bunnies around the rim and seems to lack any lift at times. I'm sure he'll work it out, but at this point I think he's more effective, offensively taking jumpers and working from the high post, depending on the defender of course.

Biernutz
12-01-2014, 09:50 AM
We need to bench that over the hill worthless Tim and start Matt instead.....

Thread
12-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Do you any conception of how terribly hard you'd have to try to not win in June? It's locked tighter than a nun's puss.

midnightpulp
12-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Do you any conception of how terribly hard you'd have to try to not win in June? It's locked tighter than a nun's puss.

Quit building us up to make your potential tear down more pleasurable.

Golden State, Memphis, Dallas ain't no walks in the park, Cub.

And there's the Splitter injury to worry about. Yeah, yeah, pussies and assholes do injuries, but you called his value in '11, remember? He's integral.

Thread
12-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Quit building us up to make your potential tear down more pleasurable.

Golden State, Memphis, Dallas ain't no walks in the park, Cub.

And there's the Splitter injury to worry about. Yeah, yeah, pussies and assholes do injuries, but you called his value in '11, remember? He's integral.

You know me better than that, Midst.

The combination of your comprehensive "system" & the total lack of same in the league assures your back-to-back. And as shameful as it for me to admit?.....I was hoping to open the Internet and find Pop DOA ala like Joan Rivers during this procedure thingy. Isn't that awful?

midnightpulp
12-01-2014, 11:45 AM

The combination of your comprehensive "system" & the total lack of same in the league assures your back-to-back. And as shameful as it for me to admit?.....I was hoping to open the Internet and find Pop DOA ala like Joan Rivers during this procedure thingy. Isn't that awful?

Kerr and Carlisle ain't no dummies in the system business. Memphis I'm less concerned about, but if Splitter ain't up to par, we'll have a big problem with them.

A lot can go wrong.

Venti Quattro
12-01-2014, 11:49 AM
I would take Memphis more seriously than GSW if it really comes to it, especially if they are able to trade for a better shooting guard... and I love the Dubs to bits

Trainwreck2100
12-01-2014, 11:56 AM

but what happens in the event of an injury? Then you get to play your same pussy asshole stuff. Health is what this team needs. You're just propping em up so you can tear em down. And in the off case they win you can say that you've said it all along. You've put yourself in a situation where you can't lose

midnightpulp
12-01-2014, 11:57 AM
I would take Memphis more seriously than GSW if it really comes to it, especially if they are able to trade for a better shooting guard... and I love the Dubs to bits

Memphis's fatal flaw is the lack of a stretch 4 and, as you've intimated, a lack of dynamic wing scoring.

Memphis doesn't overly concern me because their primary method of attack (feeding their bigs) plays right into the Spurs interior defensive strength (Duncan + Splitter). Then if we need to run Randolph around on the perimeter, we can bring in Diaw and further spread them out.

Thread
12-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Kerr and Carlisle ain't no dummies in the system business. Memphis I'm less concerned about, but if Splitter ain't up to par, we'll have a big problem with them.

A lot can go wrong.

Kerr ain't in control & neither is Carlisle.

Pop is in control. The vertical, the horizontal, on & on. It's the perfect set:::you have exactly what is required at the exact same time nobody else does. Christ, if Tim plays it according to Pop's template, you'd be approaching three in-a-row. You can damn well wager that Pop didn't even know about it until AFTER Tim had told her to get lost.

Venti Quattro
12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Memphis's fatal flaw is the lack of a stretch 4 and, as you've intimated, a lack of dynamic wing scoring.

They don't need a stretch 4. The Lakers didn't need a stretch 4, until Pau decided upon himself to start chucking threes more often, but the Grizz absolutely need an upgrade at the 2 spot. Conley is one of the best NBA PG's imo and the rotation of Prince and Carter will be an able tandem to compete in the West. The shooting guard position, however...

:lol Courtney Lee

I would still give the edge to Memphis' more proven playing style over GSW over a 7-game series, unless GSW go crazy and shoot the lights out to the championship

midnightpulp
12-01-2014, 12:07 PM
They don't need a stretch 4. The Lakers didn't need a stretch 4, until Pau decided upon himself to start chucking threes more often, but the Grizz absolutely need an upgrade at the 2 spot. Conley is one of the best NBA PG's imo and the rotation of Prince and Carter will be an able tandem to compete in the West. The shooting guard position, however...

:lol Courtney Lee

I would still give the edge Memphis' playing style over GSW over a 7-game series, unless GSW go crazy and shoot the lights out to the championship

We're not in 2009 anymore.

Floorspacing stretch 4s and all around 3 point shooting is vitally important in today's game, moreso than huge frontlines, which can be easily countered now. The game really has evolved a lot in 4 years.

“It’s changed the game,” Popovich said. “It makes it tougher to cover that much room defensively on the court, so you do have to pay attention to it defensively. It’s a heck of a weapon. … To me it’s not basketball but you’ve got to use it. If you don’t, you’re in big trouble.”

To wit: Of the 14 teams that made 600 attempts or less from 3-point range last season, 10 didn’t make the playoffs. The other four combined to go 14-21 in the postseason.

“All the analytics guys have looked at it and they see the value of the 3-point shot, especially the corner 3-point shot,” Heat forward Danny Granger said. “Teams are obviously game-planning to get those shots and to get shooters to space the court.”

Memphis is on pace to make less than 600 this year.

Venti Quattro
12-01-2014, 12:11 PM
We're not in 2009 anymore.

Floorspacing stretch 4s and all around 3 point shooting is vitally important in today's game, moreso than huge frontlines, which can be easily countered now. The game really has evolved a lot in 4 years.

Memphis is on pace to make less than 600 this year.

And they are 15-2. Like I said, they don't need a stretch four. It's not a necessity for them. At most I would get a role-player stretch four off the waiver wire. Gasol and Z-Bo are eating teams alive down low. That's their formula, their bread and butter.

But we both agree that the Grizzlies need shooting. They need to make moves at the shooting guard spot. That's their weak spot. Inasmuch that jumpshooting teams do not survive in the playoffs, teams that don't have an outside shot wither in the playoffs.

ElNono
12-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Some peeps seem confused about Memphis in here. It's not just the bigs. Sure, Gasol is an elite defensive anchor, but they also have elite perimeter D in Conley and Tony Allen. As the Spurs know, that's critical in today's NBA.

Venti Quattro
12-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Some peeps seem confused about Memphis in here. It's not just the bigs. Sure, Gasol is an elite defensive anchor, but they also have elite perimeter D in Conley and Tony Allen. As the Spurs know, that's critical in today's NBA.

Defensively they're very good. But Tony Allen can't shoot for shit so they'll need to make trades. If I was LOLLinger, I'd get rid of Courtney Lee in a heartbeat if there was any decent offer involving a scoring guard or forward.

ElNono
12-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Defensively they're very good. But Tony Allen can't shoot for shit so they'll need to make trades. If I was LOLLinger, I'd get rid of Courtney Lee in a heartbeat if there was any decent offer involving a scoring guard or forward.

It works against 90% of the NBA nowadays, that's somewhat the sad state of affairs on the defensive department league-wide. I think Tayshawn is a bigger candidate to trade (not looking at salaries, just guessing based on fit). The thing is, Memphis doesn't have the personnel to play at a high pace. That's kind of their achilles heel. Their offense has to be slow and structured, which really diminishes any super scorer. They're more in need of spot up 3 point shooters.

Venti Quattro
12-01-2014, 12:23 PM
It works against 90% of the NBA nowadays, that's somewhat the sad state of affairs on the defensive department league-wide. I think Tayshawn is a bigger candidate to trade (not looking at salaries, just guessing based on fit). The thing is, Memphis doesn't have the personnel to play at a high pace. That's kind of their achilles heel. Their offense has to be slow and structured, which really diminishes any super scorer. They're more in need of spot up 3 point shooters.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kojq7oe

Thread
12-01-2014, 12:24 PM
They're more in need of spot up 3 point shooters.

And a set of:::
http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/far-flung-correspondents/the-boulevard-of-broken-manhood/glengarry_glenross_brass_balls-thumb-425x182-36571.jpg

ElNono
12-01-2014, 12:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kojq7oe

It's not showing for me. What's the trade?

Venti Quattro
12-01-2014, 12:25 PM
It's not showing for me. What's the trade?

Fucking ESPN bugs

Lee for Korver straight up

ElNono
12-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Fucking ESPN bugs

Lee for Korver straight up

Lee isn't bad for them. He's actually one of the few actual athletes they have. I think they need more of a Ginobili kind of guy that can penetrate, pass, shoot the 3 and is at least an above average defender. It's not easy to find, but you can see Udrih giving them a lift already, that's kind of the mold of players they need for what they have. They already tried going with a pure shooter in Mike Miller and it didn't work. Memphis looks good as long as they can keep the pace down and their defense shines. But when you speed up the game, Tony Allen, ZBo and even Gasol to an extent have problems keeping up.

Trainwreck2100
12-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Run n fun worked for phoenix against 90% of the nba too

Thread
12-01-2014, 12:39 PM

Then you put Nash into the cheap seats and it was all over but the shoutin'.

ElNono
12-01-2014, 12:39 PM

Yup. The problem is that unless you luck out with the playoff matchups, eventually the gimmicks come front and center. tlong can relate, tbh

Trainwreck2100
12-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Lee isn't bad for them. He's actually one of the few actual athletes they have. I think they need more of a Ginobili kind of guy that can penetrate, pass, shoot the 3 and is at least an above average defender. It's not easy to find, but you can see Udrih giving them a lift already, that's kind of the mold of players they need for what they have. They already tried going with a pure shooter in Mike Miller and it didn't work. Memphis looks good as long as they can keep the pace down and their defense shines. But when you speed up the game, Tony Allen, ZBo and even Gasol to an extent have problems keeping up.
I'd say they're more realistically a Danny green type player. Decent D but more importantly can hit the open look. Conleys good enough to create for his wings

Thread
12-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Yup. The problem is that unless you luck out with the playoff matchups, eventually the gimmicks come front and center.

In any sport. Sooner or later you have to get down to the tried & true. And when you can't you go away.

midnightpulp
12-01-2014, 12:42 PM
And they are 15-2. Like I said, they don't need a stretch four. It's not a necessity for them. At most I would get a role-player stretch four off the waiver wire. Gasol and Z-Bo are eating teams alive down low. That's their formula, their bread and butter.

But we both agree that the Grizzlies need shooting. They need to make moves at the shooting guard spot. That's their weak spot. Inasmuch that jumpshooting teams do not survive in the playoffs, teams that don't have an outside shot wither in the playoffs.

I have to respectfully disagree. If recent history is any indicator, twin tower configured teams that dominate in the post just aren't as effective as they used to be. Even the Spurs are less effective when Splitter and Duncan are on the floor together. You need the 3 ball today to generate floor spacing and you need relatively quick PFs and Centers to guard pick-and-rolls and close out on opposing stretch bigs. You also need quickness at the 4 and 5 to get back in transition defense to defend when your shooters miss (one of the reasons Memphis doesn't shoot too many 3s, ZBo and Gasol aren't fast enough to get back on missed 3s).

ElNono
12-01-2014, 12:43 PM
I'd say they're more realistically a Danny green type player. Decent D but more importantly can hit the open look. Conleys good enough to create for his wings

What you're basically saying is upgrading Tony Allen, and I would tend to agree. But he's a fan favorite there, so I don't think they would do it. But yeah, you want a perimeter defender than can play both in high pace and slow pace, and can give you some points. If he can relieve Conley of some creation duties, then even better. I think Prince would be the ideal candidate to dump and get a player like that.

Thread
12-01-2014, 12:46 PM
What you're basically saying is upgrading Tony Allen, and I would tend to agree. But he's a fan favorite there, so I don't think they would do it. But yeah, you want a perimeter defender than can play both in high pace and slow pace, and can give you some points. If he can relieve Conley of some creation duties, then even better. I think Prince would be the ideal candidate to dump and get a player like that.

Looks at ya's, everything is goin' your way, it's all right there. Wait till yer 60+ and your dick doesn't work, where it used to take you 5 minutes to clean up the headboard after a good jackoff now takes you like as long as it takes to pull up your adult diaper and move back on in here.

Good time fuckers.

ElNono
12-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Looks at ya's, everything is goin' your way, it's all right there. Wait till yer 60+ and your dick doesn't work, where it used to take you 5 minutes to clean up the headboard after a good jackoff now takes you like as long as it takes to pull up your adult diaper and move back on in here.

Good time fuckers.

There's not much going on with the Spurs right now, tbh... until we get our annual injury to the big 3 and everybody starts laughing at us, it's business as usual. In the meantime, it's interesting to see what other teams are doing.

I like what Memphis has built there, but they need a little extra push. They still can make some trades before the season is over.

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 10:27 PM
BUMP :lmao

A 38yr old outplayed Marc Gasol... While Kawhi got outplayed by Tayshaun Prince

apalisoc_9
12-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Tim is an elite off the ball scorer..

This game doesn't even disprove my point though so I don't know why thegreatidiot is wetting his panties.

Clipper Nation
12-05-2014, 10:39 PM

While Enrique quit and the Spurs didn't miss a beat.

spurraider21
12-05-2014, 10:41 PM

This game doesn't even disprove my point though so I don't know why thegreatidiot is wetting his panties.
:lol kawhi
:lol shit on by Tayshaun
:lol 3-10
:lol -3

Agloco
12-05-2014, 11:25 PM
:lol....

When is this team going to stop using 4 down...

When they stop winning?

sook
12-05-2014, 11:29 PM

:lol

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 11:34 PM

:lol Duncan (a PF) getting double digit assists
:lol has Kawhi even reached 5?
:lol Tayshaun
:lol Duncan shitting on this thread
:lol won't be the last time

Clipper Nation
12-05-2014, 11:38 PM
:lol Duncan (a PF) getting double digit assists
:lol has Kawhi even reached 5?

Enrique = 2 assists, cancelled out by 2 turnovers.

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Enrique = 2 assists, cancelled out by 2 turnovers.
Parker = 1007 playoff wins
Clips = who cares

spurraider21
12-06-2014, 12:06 AM
Parker = 1007 playoff wins
Clips = who cares
what?

Clipper Nation
12-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Porter, Claxton, Kerr, Beno, CoJo, MVPatty = 1007 playoff wins
fify

Henrik Sedin
12-06-2014, 12:09 AM
fify

More than Clips

Clipper Nation
12-06-2014, 12:20 AM
More than Clips

More than Cum Newton.

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2014, 12:34 AM
fify
Hey, are Chris Kaman and Corey Maggette getting their jerseys hung?

Clipper Nation
12-06-2014, 12:43 AM

Sure, as soon as you get your own takes instead of regurgitating that faggot Bruce Blitz.

Warlord23
12-06-2014, 12:46 AM

Duncan iso 7 - OKC 6 in game 6 WCF overtime. He'll be fine when it counts. At 38 going on 39, he doesn't have any incentive to go all-out in a December regular season game. He's still leading the Spurs in PER, D rating and WS. He has nothing to prove before the playoffs begin, especially to a Filipino ladyboy who fantasises about Kawhi Leonard 24x7

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Duncan iso 7 - OKC 6 in game 6 WCF overtime. He'll be fine when it counts. At 38 going on 39, he doesn't have any incentive to go all-out in a December regular season game. He's still leading the Spurs in PER, D rating and WS. He has nothing to prove before the playoffs begin, especially to a Filipino ladyboy who fantasises about Kawhi Leonard 24x7
/thread :lol

apalisoc_9
12-06-2014, 12:48 AM

:lmao

Even Tim knows he suks in the post, that's why he didn't even bother today.

Spurs fans :lmao

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2014, 12:50 AM
Sure, as soon as you get your own takes instead of regurgitating that faggot Bruce Blitz.
Cuttino Mobley :lmao

Clipper Nation
12-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Cuttino Mobley :lmao
:lol Getting all your takes from this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/UHYc5HO.jpg

scanry
12-06-2014, 01:01 AM

Can't get much worse than hanging Bowen's, Avery's & Sean's jerseys tbh.

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2014, 01:02 AM
:lol Getting all your takes from this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/UHYc5HO.jpg
Clipper 'fucking Darrell :lmao

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2014, 01:02 AM
Can't get much worse than hanging Bowen's, Avery's & Sean's jerseys tbh.
Can't get any worse than covering Lakers banners with selfies

unforeseen
12-06-2014, 01:10 AM
:lol kawhi
:lol shit on by Tayshaun
:lol 3-10
:lol -3

"Max player" doing max player things. :lol

Nathan89
12-06-2014, 01:23 AM
:lmao

Even Tim knows he suks in the post, that's why he didn't even bother today.

Spurs fans :lmao

Nice job acknowledging his decision making. Of course he didn't post up Marc because it wouldn't be a good play. And although it not usually the most efficient play it's good he get regular season reps so a he can be ready come game 6 of the WCF with the game on the line.