PDA

View Full Version : Did Finley and NVE have a good relationship in Dallas?

Steve-O-Matic
08-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Just wondering if they were "buddies" while playing together for the Mavs. If so, the NVE signing today certainly couldn't hurt the Spurs' chances with Finley.

SilverSpur
08-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Good question. I hope they did. Maybe this will cause a competion between them to see who can score the most with the fewest minutes

Brutalis
08-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Good question. I hope they did. Maybe this will cause a competion between them to see who can score the most with the fewest minutes
:lol :lol :lol

JamStone
08-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Everyone NVE has played with not named Kobe Bryant has loved playing with Nick Van Exel.

G-Nob
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
The whole team loved each other because they almost got to the Finals. Nick at nite said after the spurs beat them in Game 6(2003) that he was disappointed because he knew the team was gonna breakup and things were gonna be different the next year. That's exactly how things turned out.

sandman
08-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Maybe NVE can convince Pop to find a coaching spot for Huggie?

loveforthegame
08-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Finley (and Spurs) fan here. I've been hoping that he signs with the Spurs since it was announced the Mavs would likely waive him. That's a long time to wait for him to make his decision.

To answer the question, yes, he and NVE are good friends. I think Fin had a better connection on the court with Nick than he did with Nash even.

TOP-CHERRY
08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I think the REAL question is: Will Finley and BOWEN get along?!

(Remember them? Uh-huh...)

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 10:29 PM

True but I think they will since they won't be playing each other.

sandman
08-29-2005, 10:29 PM

BB is the guy that everyone hates to play against, but loves to play with. I can promise you that even Ray-Ray would take BB on his team.

TOP-CHERRY
08-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I just think (if we get him) it would be so uncomfortable for him being the new guy who doesn't like a guy everyone in the Spurs team loves.

I hope it all works out, ofcourse. I'm just saying...

Mr. Body
08-29-2005, 11:05 PM
BB is the guy that everyone hates to play against, but loves to play with. I can promise you that even Ray-Ray would take BB on his team.

Watching Bowen play... you realize what an asshole he is on the court. A complete prick. It's all competitiveness. He even shoots these ugly looks at his teammates when somebody scores on a broken defense. The guy just hates to get scored on.

It's awesome.

And I think Finley understands that.

i have bone spurs
08-30-2005, 01:56 AM
finley's a professional. If he signs here he'll put aside all his differences with Bruce

Pandaemonaeon
08-30-2005, 02:03 AM
I think the better question is: Does Finley have any enemies? Well, there's Bowen, but other than that everyone seems to get along very well with him including Kobe. Fin's a great guy, all you really have to worry about are the bricks he often throws.

Tek_XX
08-30-2005, 03:29 AM
We here in Spursland are used to bricks every now and then, but we have something many teams do not....it's called defense, it helps keep you in games. I'll gladly take a hot finley if it means an occasinal cold spell.

Dre_7
08-30-2005, 06:46 AM
I think the better question is: Does Finley have any enemies? Well, there's Bowen, but other than that everyone seems to get along very well with him including Kobe. Fin's a great guy, all you really have to worry about are the bricks he often throws.

Pandaemonaeon, that is an awesome sig!!

Has to be my current favorite sig on ST right now (why do all the good Wisconsin Badgers have to end up playing with Dallas?!?!?!:depressed Hopefully Finley will sign with SA and make that all better! :))

Anyways, IF Finley even signs with SA (odds are he goes to MIA :depressed) I wouldnt worry about the bricks. If I can remember correctly, it seemed like SJax threw up alota bricks when he was with the Spurs. And that seemed to work out well.

xcoriate
08-30-2005, 06:57 AM
God, you would actually marry Devin Harris wouldn't you :lol

boutons
08-30-2005, 06:58 AM
As we heard so many times, Fin's PPG has been declining for 5 years. He has no game but offense.

He just had a HORRIBLE playoffs for a scorer:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/michael_finley/index.html

and single-handedly lost the elimination Game6 vs PHX by no-showing and being the only man in 6-man rotation not in double figures:

http://www.nba.com/games/20050520/PHODAL/boxscore.html

... as the Mavs lost in OT.

His only talent is scoring, and that is way down, especially in these playoffs.
And when he's not scoring, can he play Spurs defense?

I say let MIA or PHX have him, and let's see how Devin's back hold up.