PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili: "I'm pulling the last cartridges" Manu is retiring after this season?

chasky
12-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Translation needed:

http://unocontraunoweb.com/estoy-tirando-los-ultimos-cartuchos/

Desde Philadelphia, donde esta noche su equipo enfrentará a los Sixers, el bahiense habló en Todo Red (AM 910) de cómo está viviendo la temporada de los Spurs, de la actualidad de la NBA, de la situación de la CABB, la Liga Nacional y muchos otros temas, además de charlar al aire con Leo Gutiérrez.

“Arrancamos más o menos la temporada pero de a poco las cosas se van acomodando y ahora estamos mejorando, y con mucho margen para seguir creciendo. Yo, basquetbolísticamente estoy con algunos altibajos, pero en líneas generales estoy contento. No tengo mayores dolores, que hoy por hoy es fundamental, y me siento útil para el equipo, más allá de que a veces cuesta arrancar y aceitar las articulaciones”, dijo el bahiense sobre el inicio de temporada NBA.

“Me sigue apasionando lo que hago, lo disfruto mucho y estoy disfrutando mucho el día a día. Sé que son los últimos tiritos, los últimos cartuchos, y uno se va dando cuenta de que se acerca el final y quiere atesorar muchas cosas y disfrutar. Uno quiere pasarla bien y no sufrir la temporada como me pasó hace un par de años. El hecho de sacarnos de encima ese dolor profundo que teníamos todos por la final perdida del 2013, hace que estemos más tranquilos y un poco más “livianos“, más allá de querer ganar de nuevo y saber que tenemos la chance“.

Manu también se refirió al tema CABB: “Estuve siempre muy al tanto de cómo venía todo, hablé varias veces con el “Chubi” Susbielles y es lamentable. Duele mucho, y duele que hayamos sido parte de todo eso por una década o más, pero como toda crisis profunda ayuda a que todos tengan ganas de revertir la cosa y hacer las cosas bien. Hay mucha gente que quiere ayudar y yo estoy muy entusiasmado también con ganas de dar una mano y ponernos todos del mismo lado para que esto mejore.”

Ginóbili dijo que cuando puede sigue la Liga Nacional aunque no le es fácil: “No tengo muchas chances de seguirla porque no puedo ver los partidos. Vi a Bahía Básket por el streaming la otra vez, pero veo más a Bahiense del Norte en el Federal que la LNB”. Y analizó que “es una Liga de transición. Entre el problema del dólar alto y algunos jugadores que se fueron a Brasil, seguro bajó el nivel. Pero se le está dando la posibilidad a muchos chicos, y eso, tiene que dar réditos en el futuro“. También sostuvo que “no entiendo como el cambio de formato en la competencia no se hizo mucho antes para bajar costos en los viajes”.

spursfanincolorado
12-01-2014, 02:22 PM
From Philadelphia, where tonight the Sixers will face the team, spoke bahiense All Red (AM 910) how is living the season Spurs of the NBA today, the situation of the CABB, the National League and many other issues besides air chat with Leo Gutierrez. "We started the season or so but slowly things are going accommodating and are now improving, and with much room to grow. I, basquetbolísticamente am with some ups and downs, but overall I'm happy. I have no greater pain, which today is fundamental, and I feel useful to the team, beyond sometimes difficult to start and lubricate the joints, "said bahiense on the NBA season start. "I still love what I do, I enjoy it a lot and I'm really enjoying the day. I know you are the last tiritos, the last cartridge, and one is realizing that the end is near and wants to cherish and enjoy many things. You want to have a good time and not suffer the season as I spent a couple of years ago. The fact get us off the deep pain we had all lost by the end of 2013, makes us more relaxed and a little more "light", beyond wanting to win again and know that we have the chance ". Manu also He addressed the issue CABB: "I was always very aware of how everything came, spoke several times with the" Chubi "Susbielles and it is unfortunate. It hurts, and it hurts that we have been part of it for a decade or more, but like all deep crisis helps everyone wanted to reverse the thing and doing things right. There are many people who want to help and I'm excited too eager to lend a hand and get everyone on the same side to make it better. " Ginobili said when can follow the NL although it is not easy to him, "I do not have many chances to follow because I can not watch the games. Bay saw Básket by streaming the other time, but I see more Bahiense North in the Federal LNB ". He analyzed that "is a transition League. Among the problem of high dollar and some players who went to Brazil, safe level dropped. But you are giving the opportunity to many children, and that has to give returns in the future. " He also argued that "do not understand how the change of format in the competition was not done much earlier to lower travel costs."

ElNono
12-01-2014, 02:34 PM
The NBA part reads:

"We started the season so so, but slowly things are falling into place and we're getting better now, and with an ample margin to keep improving. Personally, my game is going through some high and lows, but in general I'm happy. I don't have any major pains, which is fundamental at this stage of my career, and I feel useful to the team, even though sometimes it's difficult to get going and get the body ready for the game".

"I'm still passionate about what I do, I enjoy it thoroughly and I'm enjoying the day to day a lot. I know they're my last few shots, the last few bullets, and you realize that the end is coming and you want to save a lot of memories with you and enjoy.You want to have a good time, and not suffer like it happened to me a couple of seasons ago. The fact that we could take away that terrible pain we had for the lost Finals in 2013 makes us be more calm and a little "lighter", despite the fact that we want to win again and we know we have a solid chance".

hater
12-01-2014, 02:56 PM
At least he stopped using the too much beef in his diet excuse for 13 :lol

BillMc
12-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I hope not. But it will happen sooner or later....:(

Old School 44
12-01-2014, 03:41 PM
If they don't go at the same time, I actually think Manu retires before Tim.

rmt
12-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Agreed. Duncan seems like he can go another year after this.

BillMc
12-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Agreed. Duncan seems like he can go another year after this.

Watching Tim there really is no reason for him to think about retiring other than he might be bored of the game.

silverblackfan
12-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Watching Tim there really is no reason for him to think about retiring other than he might be bored of the game.

and he does not appear bored this season. Then again, who knows what Tim feels?

spurraider21
12-01-2014, 04:47 PM
The NBA part reads:

"We started the season so so, but slowly things are falling into place and we're getting better now, and with an ample margin to keep improving. Personally, my game is going through some high and lows, but in general I'm happy. I don't have any major pains, which is fundamental at this stage of my career, and I feel useful to the team, even though sometimes it's difficult to get going and get the body ready for the game".

"I'm still passionate about what I do, I enjoy it thoroughly and I'm enjoying the day to day a lot. I know they're my last few shots, the last few bullets, and you realize that the end is coming and you want to save a lot of memories with you and enjoy.You want to have a good time, and not suffer like it happened to me a couple of seasons ago. The fact that we could take away that terrible pain we had for the lost Finals in 2013 makes us be more calm and a little "lighter", despite the fact that we want to win again and we know we have a solid chance".
agent in full spin control mode :wakeup

Beaverfuzz
12-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Fuck it, win another championship and go out in a blaze of glory, sticking it to Kobe as you ride off into the sunset.

Pocho La Pantera
12-01-2014, 04:52 PM
At least he stopped using the too much beef in his diet excuse for 13 :lolat least he have an excuse, what's your excuse for being such an idiot?

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2014, 05:49 PM
At least he stopped using the too much beef in his diet excuse for 13 :lol
:lmao !!!!!

gilmor
12-01-2014, 05:57 PM
yup.. this will be his last year..

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2014, 06:00 PM
It's alright we still have our true 6th man, MVPatty, for 3 more years

DarrinS
12-01-2014, 07:20 PM
:cheer I hate Manu! Yay! :cheer

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2014, 07:27 PM
^ Manutard is mad :lol

spursparker9
12-01-2014, 07:42 PM
edit wrong thread

Vic Petro
12-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Duncan won't retire because he's bored, he'll retire because he wants to spend time with his kids before they are teenagers and too cool to hang out with old dad.

The only way I can see him playing another season or two is if there is some kind understanding that he won't have to go on road trips for the first couple of months. It won't be about minutes, it'll be about games/travel.

bklynspursfan
12-01-2014, 08:30 PM

that and his kids.. I know that's a big factor of course wanting to be home with them more

bklynspursfan
12-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Duncan won't retire because he's bored, he'll retire because he wants to spend time with his kids before they are teenagers and too cool to hang out with old dad.

The only way I can see him playing another season or two is if there is some kind understanding that he won't have to go on road trips for the first couple of months. It won't be about minutes, it'll be about games/travel.

I totally missed this when I posted but I agree...

phxspurfan
12-01-2014, 09:44 PM

The divorce may have actually helped Tim focus on bball again and enjoy his last few years some. I wouldn't be surprised if we bring him back for a year or two, especially if we get Gasol. Say...pitch to Gasol that he and Tim will anchor the front line, and have Tim teach Gasol a thing or two, and Gasol might bite. Time might even take teh vet min or something very low at that point, just to get Gasol in here.

The Reckoning
12-01-2014, 10:45 PM
lol manu's columns are always so depressing. he's been saying the same shit the past 5 years.

Diego20
12-01-2014, 11:06 PM
lol manu's columns are always so depressing. he's been saying the same shit the past 5 years.

Weird, it always looked the opposite to me.

DarrinS
12-01-2014, 11:34 PM
^ Manutard is mad :lol

Yep. So angry. :wakeup

The Reckoning
12-02-2014, 01:26 AM
:lol still thinking we'll get gasol.

taps
12-02-2014, 02:18 AM
:lol The takeaway here is we're getting Gasol.