PDA

View Full Version : 36 years old: Duncan vs Kobe

hitmantb
12-02-2014, 12:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/215/tim-duncan

17.8 points, 9.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.7 blocks, solid all around numbers in just 30 minutes per game and 50% shooting.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/110/kobe-bryant (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant)

26.6 points, 4.6 assists, 5.4 rebounds per game. His field goal percentage is not there but you gotta cut Kobe some slack considering he took a year off from the Achilles injury that would have retired anyone else with his mileage.

Have to say I wasn't a fan of Kobe before from the Spurs rivalry days. I only started watching the Lakers because of Jeremy Lin. To see Kobe trying so hard in what most would consider meaningless games, playing at such a high level despite a long year away from basketball AND on the weakest roster he ever played with, it is pure respect.

If only these two teamed up, they would have won 8 rings together. I don't think anyone in the NBA have the same mental fortitude and persistence as these two when it comes to fighting father time and prolonging their careers. It truly is the love for the game.

spurraider21
12-02-2014, 12:54 AM
In Duncan's age 36 season i recall sweeping the Lakers in the playoffs tbh

PÒÓCH
12-02-2014, 01:14 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/215/tim-duncan

If only these two teamed up, they would have won 8 rings together. I don't think anyone in the NBA have the same mental fortitude and persistence as these two when it comes to fighting father time and prolonging their careers. It truly is the love for the game.

Tim Duncan 5 rings
Kobe Bryant 5 rings

Bambililos
12-02-2014, 06:06 AM
Tim Duncan 5 rings
Kobe Bryant 5 rings

Yeah, well they wouldn't have necessarily won the same years, as they wouln't have had the same team...

As for OP's take, Kobe doesn't play to win anymore, he plays to consolidate his legacy. That's enough motivation for his huge ego.

TampaDude
12-02-2014, 07:10 AM
In Duncan's age 36 season i recall sweeping the Lakers in the playoffs tbh

That wasn't the Lakers, it was Dwert and some scrubs. Both Kobe and Nash were out.

exstatic
12-03-2014, 08:12 AM
I don't have any kind of special respect for someone who plays hard making a $24M salary. You'd better damn well play hard.

SupremeGuy
12-03-2014, 11:25 AM
What's kirby's +/- for the season? I know it was negative for a while. lol

Horse
12-03-2014, 01:41 PM
He stopped playing D and has never been a good teammate. Duncan is as good now per minute as he's ever been, so TD in a landslide.

Sean Cagney
12-03-2014, 02:46 PM
That wasn't the Lakers, it was Dwert and some scrubs. Both Kobe and Nash were out.

They were the 8th seed when those two were in there or out of the playoffs mainly all year long, they made a little run when Kobe got hurt and moved up a slot believe it or not. What I am saying is Kobe or not that year the Spurs were going to smash that LA team! That team was as dysfunctional as they come. It would have been better to smash them with Kobe in there no doubt! I would have loved it.

TampaDude
12-03-2014, 04:14 PM
They were the 8th seed when those two were in there or out of the playoffs mainly all year long, they made a little run when Kobe got hurt and moved up a slot believe it or not. What I am saying is Kobe or not that year the Spurs were going to smash that LA team! That team was as dysfunctional as they come. It would have been better to smash them with Kobe in there no doubt! I would have loved it.

True...but don't forget 2003...we made Kobe and Fisher cry on our way to another NBA title. That was awesome! :hat

Sean Cagney
12-03-2014, 11:39 PM
True...but don't forget 2003...we made Kobe and Fisher cry on our way to another NBA title. That was awesome! :hat

I will never forget that, neither will I forget when they SHUT DOWN THE FORUM with sweep! Shut down their famous arena in fashion! Legendary! I loved it. 99 and 03 against LA are two of my fave Series ever for various reasons, they are the reason I can somewhat stomach .4 without literally going crazy as a fan.