PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Injury Update: Pop

tmtcsc
12-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Here is a quote from Jeff McDonald's report on the game last night:

Parker sore: Parker is expected to return Wednesday from his injury, which the team officially called bruised ribs. Doctors have told the Spurs’ All-Star point guard that a rib might be fractured, and his availability will hinge on his own pain tolerance.

Parker, who suffered the injury in a collision with Austin Daye in practice before the start of the road trip, played in the Spurs’ victory in Boston on Sunday.

“They said you can play with it, but it’s just a matter of pain,” Popovich said. “Something sounds queer in that to me. I don’t get it. So I think he better sit, and then he’ll have three days to get it better.”

I think Tiago Splitter's the one with the queer injury. Just saying. WTF is up with that dude ?

Chomag
12-02-2014, 11:08 AM
splitter would be the only one that I know that would sprain a pinky and be out half a season in recovery for it My God! Durrant and Paul George might even be back before him :lol

Good to hear Parker seems ok.

DesignatedT
12-02-2014, 11:08 AM
You are misinterpreting his use of the word queer.

tmtcsc
12-02-2014, 11:14 AM
You are misinterpreting his use of the word queer.

My comments are open to interpretation. See what I did there?

superbigtime
12-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Can we please get rid of Austin Daye before someone else gets hurt.

Spurs 4 The Win
12-02-2014, 02:09 PM
CIA Pop resting Parker until we roast that Memphis ass on Friday. He should sit Manu and Parker for the upcoming game.

Fireball
12-02-2014, 03:16 PM
stop bitching about Splitter .... wait, I already said that in the other thread

timtonymanu
12-02-2014, 03:20 PM
The Splitter situation is definitely annoying but they can manage without him for now since Baynes is making progress.

Hopefully he's back by February at the latest. Need the guys to get their chemistry back with him in the lineup.

hater
12-02-2014, 03:38 PM
stop bitching about Splitter

forgive them. most of them have never held a basketball much less know anything about the role of nerves in the body

if there is nerve damage, there is really nothing Splitter can do to get better. just hope for a small miracle

Fireball
12-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I had a pain issue in my calf once, I still played on which resulted in a torn ACL a week later. 99% chance that this was completely unrelated, but still ... Tiago wants to play basketball ... he is not D Rose ... just no reason to screw it up in December IMO

milkyway21
12-03-2014, 02:34 AM
Let's just hope there's no rupture in Splitter's calf musles or it may take weeks to months to recover. He's been playing basketball for so long since 1999?. A He might have torn muscle before then aggrevated it, he needs time to recover. Unless he's completely pain-free he cannot do exercises or play risking to a more serious calf problems in the future.He has to take a break -
rest.
Funny, because he was a healthy Spur in 2012-13 having played all but the last game of the regular season (81).Now he only played one game

Sean Cagney
12-03-2014, 02:57 AM
forgive them. most of them have never held a basketball much less know anything about the role of nerves in the body

if there is nerve damage, there is really nothing Splitter can do to get better. just hope for a small miracle

In that case he is fucked and the Spurs title chances take a HUGE hit, damn....... He really is messed up and is not coming back soon, sucks but it's reality.

spurraider21
12-03-2014, 03:21 AM
These early season injuries can be blessings in disguise as long as they don't cause us to suffer in the standings. Baynes is getting minutes he wouldn't have gotten otherwise, and his improvement is noticeable from what we saw in the first couple of games. With Patty out, CoJo has gotten run. He's looked better at times but he's still maddeningly inconsistent.