PDA

View Full Version : Pop to Kawhi: "You're the big 1."

Cry Havoc
12-02-2014, 04:38 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/12/2/7319459/kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich

"We're trying to loosen up a bit and give him more of a green light," Popovich said. "He's getting more license. When you're a young kid, you're going to defer to Timmy and Manu and [Tony]. Now it's like, ‘To heck with those guys. The Big Three, they're older than dirt. To hell with them. You're the Big One. You've got to go do your deal.' So, we're trying to get him to be more demonstrative in that regard."

35 ppg incoming. :hat

Robz4000
12-02-2014, 04:40 PM
RIP NBA imo

loveforthegame
12-02-2014, 04:48 PM
But I thought he was a role player.

hater
12-02-2014, 04:49 PM
translation: making a case for Kawhi in the Allstar

he needs to step it up to get in the mix:
randolph
aldrige
favors
ibaka
griffin
gay
dirk
kawhi

SupremeGuy
12-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Kawhi is about to create a path of destruction all over the NBA. War Kawhi!

testies
12-02-2014, 04:55 PM
The day that happens, its the end of our team

we shouldn't give green light to anyone, we have to pass the ball

*prays for Parker injury*

Budkin
12-02-2014, 06:17 PM
RIP NBA imo

tbh

spurraider21
12-02-2014, 06:28 PM
RIP NBA imo

Uriel
12-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Pop better be careful what he wishes for. The last thing we want is for Kawhi to be jacking up more midrange jumpers off the dribble with a hand in his face, rather than kicking it out to a wide open Timmy, Tony, or Manu.

Blake
12-02-2014, 06:32 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/12/2/7319459/kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich

35 ppg incoming. :hat

"Pop said he is the Big One"
-Kawhi's agent

Near max deal incoming

spurraider21
12-02-2014, 06:37 PM
"Pop said he is the Big One"
-Kawhi's agent

Near max deal incoming
not "near"

he's getting a max deal

KL2
12-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Pop better be careful what he wishes for. The last thing we want is for Kawhi to be jacking up more midrange jumpers off the dribble with a hand in his face, rather than kicking it out to a wide open Timmy, Tony, or Manu.

Those are easy shots for him, low % for others, easy for him, hell everything this guy shoots is high %.

Cry Havoc
12-02-2014, 06:49 PM
not "near"

he's getting a max deal

Yep, this pretty much seals it.

That, or he's getting Hill'ed. :lol

r0drig0lac
12-02-2014, 06:54 PM
this gonna be good

Mel_13
12-02-2014, 06:58 PM
From the OP:

"We're trying to loosen up a bit and give him more of a green light," Popovich said. "He's getting more license.

From an article a week ago:

"I have license to do down there in the post if I can, if I have the opportunity, and I'm just trying to be more aggressive," Leonard said.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/11/24/7277397/spurs-enjoy-letting-big-banger-slam-into-opponents-for-a-change

Spurs sticking to the talking points.

Malik Hairston
12-02-2014, 07:14 PM
He's never going to put up shots at the volume everybody wants, tbh..his style of play doesn't fit with the Spurs, which has been evident for a minute..

He has excelled in his role, because he's very talented and is a rare case of a player that is a dual-threat as a role player and also a creator, which has been made possible due to the amazing work Chip did with his jump shot, of course..

However, the Spurs' system doesn't cater to Leonard's skill-set as an offensive player..this is an extremely unique case, as usually when teams have a talent like Leonard, it's a young team that isn't in a position to contend, and can provide all the opportunity in the world for that player to experiment and run whatever type of offense he wants/needs..

The Spurs' still have the same core, no other team has ever had their core for this long(in NBA history), they can't revamp an entire system to include heavy Leonard sets, especially on the go, while still maintaining their pace in a competitive conference where you can't go on a losing streak if you are planning on staying in the top 4..they're certainly trying to get him more involved, a lot of post looks, but it has been painful, at times, and it's evident that the rest of the team is going to take a long time to adjust to Leonard creating offense..

It would be different if he was a guard, as the Spurs' system is very friendly to guards and finishing big men, but he's never going to be more than a spot-up shooter and "freestyler" on offense here IMO..

ElNono
12-02-2014, 07:22 PM
what I like about Kawhi is that he quietly goes out there and puts up a great production... I had no idea how many points he scored or how many rebounds he had last night until I checked the boxscore at home.

in2deep
12-02-2014, 07:23 PM
and yet Kawhi has delivered everytime the Spurs have asked more of him

no he's not the next Lebron or KD but Kawhi has improved greatly every year and he's only 23 :tu

Malik Hairston
12-02-2014, 07:30 PM
what I like about Kawhi is that he quietly goes out there and puts up a great production... I had no idea how many points he scored or how many rebounds he had last night until I checked the boxscore at home.

That's the best part about Leonard..

This isn't Richard Jefferson, where we're all wondering how he's going to "fit" with the offense..in the NBA, every time there's a major addition to a team(this year, Lance Stephenson, Chandler Parsons, the Cavs, Jeremy Lin, etc) that struggles offensively, the question is always about how his style of play can fit better, and how the team can make him more comfortable in their system..

With Kawhi, even when we complain about his touches and his role, it's still always a given that he's going to rebound and defend at an elite level, at least..he has learned how to play basketball in the best system in NBA history, on a championship team, which is invaluable to his future and growth, especially if he joins a different team..

ElNono
12-02-2014, 07:36 PM
That's the best part about Leonard..

This isn't Richard Jefferson, where we're all wondering how he's going to "fit" with the offense..in the NBA, every time there's a major addition to a team(this year, Lance Stephenson, Chandler Parsons, the Cavs, Jeremy Lin, etc) that struggles offensively, the question is always about how his style of play can fit better, and how the team can make him more comfortable in their system..

With Kawhi, even when we complain about his touches and his role, it's still always a given that he's going to rebound and defend at an elite level, at least..he has learned how to play basketball in the best system in NBA history, on a championship team, which is invaluable to his future and growth, especially if he joins a different team..

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/80159-i-think-richard-jefferson-needs-get-more-touches-offense.html

Mikeanaro
12-02-2014, 07:45 PM

no he's not the next Lebron or KD but Kawhi has improved greatly every year and he's only 23 :tu
He is a hard working player, not a manufactured piece of shit.

spurraider21
12-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Outside of Manu, I can't remember the last time a Spurs perimeter player had the green light to improvise as much as we've seen from Leonard. He's the #1 option in transition and it's not even close, and they don't seem to mind if he forces a contested shot in the paint coming off transition, instead of pulling it back and getting into a set. He's allowed to force the issue.

Even in the halfcourt, when the ball gets to him, sometimes he continues to move within the offense, drive and finish/kick, but other times he'll just take a step back and take his guy on, either with the dribble or get himself into a post position where the rest of the team clears up and gives him room to work.

To my eye it looks like he's allowed to do whatever he wants, but he's been responsible with it, not taking too many bad shots.

DPG21920
12-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Of course he can be more with a few extra sets called for him (at the expense of Tim most likely) and in the future with Tim/Manu gone. I highly doubt the Spurs stick to the same thing when Tim/Manu are gone. They could, but they will have to add wrinkles.

dbreiden83080
12-02-2014, 08:10 PM
They don't really need him doing that much more offensively.. His D is maybe even more important. Need to save some for that end..

DPG21920
12-02-2014, 08:20 PM
They don't really need him doing that much more offensively.. His D is maybe even more important. Need to save some for that end..

Agreed. But he's the most efficent mid-range player on the team and top post player (maybe Tiago). Spurs system is predicated on ball movement (not stagnant post play) and not mid-range (Kawhi's specialty now), but he comes in handy and if he works on passing he could see an expanded role.

DarrinS
12-02-2014, 08:26 PM
He just needs to pick his spots. The current offensive system doesn't benefit from any ONE player going full Enrique. :lol

Cry Havoc
12-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Outside of Manu, I can't remember the last time a Spurs perimeter player had the green light to improvise as much as we've seen from Leonard. He's the #1 option in transition and it's not even close, and they don't seem to mind if he forces a contested shot in the paint coming off transition, instead of pulling it back and getting into a set. He's allowed to force the issue.

Even in the halfcourt, when the ball gets to him, sometimes he continues to move within the offense, drive and finish/kick, but other times he'll just take a step back and take his guy on, either with the dribble or get himself into a post position where the rest of the team clears up and gives him room to work.

To my eye it looks like he's allowed to do whatever he wants, but he's been responsible with it, not taking too many bad shots.

Just like every other year, Pop using the regular season as practice grounds for the Post. He wants Kawhi to get a feel for everything he wants to do.

DPG21920
12-02-2014, 08:38 PM
With Kawhi its passing, decision making and patience. He rushes a lot still as he gets giddy. He needs to stop Brook Lopezing in the post all the time too. He's doing damn well. His effort on defense and transition is fantastic and his post play is so damn efficient. His mid range game is very, very good. He just has to feel the game out better on offense.

gilmor2002
12-02-2014, 08:56 PM
He's never going to put up shots at the volume everybody wants, tbh..his style of play doesn't fit with the Spurs, which has been evident for a minute..

He has excelled in his role, because he's very talented and is a rare case of a player that is a dual-threat as a role player and also a creator, which has been made possible due to the amazing work Chip did with his jump shot, of course..

However, the Spurs' system doesn't cater to Leonard's skill-set as an offensive player..this is an extremely unique case, as usually when teams have a talent like Leonard, it's a young team that isn't in a position to contend, and can provide all the opportunity in the world for that player to experiment and run whatever type of offense he wants/needs..

The Spurs' still have the same core, no other team has ever had their core for this long(in NBA history), they can't revamp an entire system to include heavy Leonard sets, especially on the go, while still maintaining their pace in a competitive conference where you can't go on a losing streak if you are planning on staying in the top 4..they're certainly trying to get him more involved, a lot of post looks, but it has been painful, at times, and it's evident that the rest of the team is going to take a long time to adjust to Leonard creating offense..

It would be different if he was a guard, as the Spurs' system is very friendly to guards and finishing big men, but he's never going to be more than a spot-up shooter and "freestyler" on offense here IMO..

Things gonna change. With Tim and Manu nearing retirement, Kawhi obviously have to step up. That's why is he is the Big 1.

This is going to be a transition phase with Kawhi and Tony playing together.

I am pretty sure all this Pop's talk is preparing Kawhi for the near future when the Spurs is no longer the Big 3.

100%duncan
12-02-2014, 09:33 PM
It's a long time coming. Funny how we were all worried for the Post TD/Big 3 era and now that Pop has finally "chosen" the next big thing for us, a lot of ya'll are hesitant and want to go back into the past. And it's not like Kawhi is an inefficient volume chucker, the dude's been pretty efficient throughout his whole NBA career. He has the tool to become what he wants to be, the strength and quickness to drive, the shot, the post-up, the defense, everything. It's time to give the keys to some new young kid, whether we like it or not.

spurraider21
12-02-2014, 09:36 PM
It's a long time coming. Funny how we were all worried for the Post TD/Big 3 era and now that Pop has finally "chosen" the next big thing for us, a lot of ya'll are hesitant and want to go back into the past. And it's not like Kawhi is an inefficient volume chucker, the dude's been pretty efficient throughout his whole NBA career. He has the tool to become what he wants to be, the strength and quickness to drive, the shot, the post-up, the defense, everything. It's time to give the keys to some new young kid, whether we like it or not.
but Timmy :cry

its too hard

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/unfair.gif

NickiRasgo
12-02-2014, 09:36 PM
I have watched his highlights against 76ers, yeah 76ers but I noticed his playmaking ability is improving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFk7nbHvUgY

Blake
12-02-2014, 09:37 PM
not "near"

he's getting a max deal

wouldn't surprise me either way

itzsoweezee
12-02-2014, 09:47 PM

randolph - nope
aldrige
favors - nope
ibaka - nope
griffin
gay - nope
dirk
kawhi

apalisoc_9
12-02-2014, 09:52 PM

Agree 100%, but I've never understood why Pop props up Kawhi so much, specially in the last 2 years..He was one of the first to call kawhi a future star, a franchise, and now this even when I myself as a huge fan can't see it in his game. I've always wanted more kawhi, but I've nver seen him as a 1 guy, or a franchise guy...I've always thought, his potential is best sidekick in the history of NBA..

I don't know if Pop is being honest, or he's pulling a Geroge hill on kawhi, but that wouldn't really make sense though since at this point kawhi is getting the max..

Blake
12-02-2014, 09:54 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/06/kawhi-leonard-gregg-popovich-nba-san-antonio-spurs-utah-jazz-850x560.jpg

"You've got big ones"

-21-
12-02-2014, 09:58 PM
This is gonna make apalisoc_9 so happy.

spurraider21
12-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Agree 100%
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/210/119/9b3.png

phxspurfan
12-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Looks like RC told Pop pre-season that if KL wants the max, he better show this season that he can offensively carry the team.

SpurPadre
12-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Agree 100%, but I've never understood why Pop props up Kawhi so much, specially in the last 2 years..He was one of the first to call kawhi a future star, a franchise, and now this even when I myself as a huge fan can't see it in his game. I've always wanted more kawhi, but I've nver seen him as a 1 guy, or a franchise guy...I've always thought, his potential is best sidekick in the history of NBA..

I don't know if Pop is being honest, or he's pulling a Geroge hill on kawhi, but that wouldn't really make sense though since at this point kawhi is getting the max..

Best sidekick in the history of the game? Well, that title currently belongs to Scottie Pippen and he's a Hall of Famer. So if you think that Kawhi has that potential, that would make him a star.

aintjustthem
12-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Is there anyone better at the small forward position currently in the West? I know KD is back, but in the NBA as it stands now Kawhi is on top when it comes to small forwards in the West.

Malik Hairston
12-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Is there anyone better at the small forward position currently in the West? I know KD is back, but in the NBA as it stands now Kawhi is on top when it comes to small forwards in the West.

Well Dominos Durant is obviously better..the Kings version of Rudy Gay is a toss-up, depending on what you value(Gay has really cleaned his game up since his embarrassing exit from the Raptors, where he realized he needs to alter his playing style to something less cancerous:lol)..those are probably the only 2 in the mix with him..

apalisoc_9
12-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Best sidekick in the history of the game? Well, that title currently belongs to Scottie Pippen and he's a Hall of Famer. So if you think that Kawhi has that potential, that would make him a star.

kawhi is a star and a future Hall of famer, I have no doubt that..I said that back in his rookie year...

franchise..starting to think he is.

apalisoc_9
12-02-2014, 11:41 PM

randolph
aldrige
favors
ibaka
griffin
gay
dirk
kawhi

Randolph, Ibaka and favors won't make it over kawhi specially if the spurs finish a top the west before the All-star break. But, All-star selection is different now..It's just frontcourt and backcourt..So there is Gasol and Boggie who will both for sure make it. Durant will make it, aldridge and Griffin are sure shots...

kawhi's real competition is gay, Dirk and Tim.

BatManu20
12-02-2014, 11:56 PM
I've noticed it too, tbh. With his baseline fade-aways.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 12:33 AM
I've noticed it too, tbh. With his baseline fade-aways.

This is awesome, because it will allow kawhi to score even at later ages..

spursparker9
12-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Shit.

Now Tony is going to solo even more

Richie
12-03-2014, 01:50 AM

Agreed. Pippen is actually a very interesting comparison to Kawhi. Leonards goal should be to emulate Pippens defence and post game, he's already a better 3 point and mid range shooter (using Pippens late career stats) but he'll never be the playmaker that Pippen was.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 02:01 AM
Agreed. Pippen is actually a very interesting comparison to Kawhi. Leonards goal should be to emulate Pippens defence and post game, he's already a better 3 point and mid range shooter (using Pippens late career stats) but he'll never be the playmaker that Pippen was.

Man, i swear some people don't even watch spurs games.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 02:08 AM

:lmao

Leonard is great on defense, but give me a fucking break kid... Pippen could D up ANYONE. Leonard couldn't D up Westbrook.. Pippen could.

As for playmaking? LMAO! When have we seen Leonard play this year much less be the playmaker Pippen was?

midnightpulp
12-03-2014, 02:29 AM

Kawhi can still be a "franchise player" even as the number 2 offensive option. I think we need to get out of this idea that franchise players have to lead the team in PPG and be the primary focal point of the offense.

Kawhi can be the number 2 on offense, but be the number 1 defensive player of the team, leading the team on that end. Even if Kawhi's PPG never gets above 20ppg, if his defense and rebounding remain at their elite level, that is a franchise player when you consider the total package.

I'd prefer he never become a 25ppg scorer, because that would mean his defense and other skills would decline as he's tasked with more of a load on offense.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 02:35 AM
Kawhi can still be a "franchise player" even as the number 2 offensive option. I think we need to get out of this idea that franchise players have to lead the team in PPG and be the primary focal point of the offense.

Kawhi can be the number 2 on offense, but be the number 1 defensive player of the team, leading the team on that end. Even if Kawhi's PPG never gets above 20ppg, if his defense and rebounding remain at their elite level, that is a franchise player when you consider the total package.

I'd prefer he never become a 25ppg scorer, because that would mean his defense and other skills would decline as he's tasked with more of a load on offense.

Oh I agree with you 100%..

it's just that for this particular Pop comment, it just seems like he actually wants him to a scorer.

itzsoweezee
12-03-2014, 02:40 AM
not trying to be hyperbolic, but Kawhi's post-up and midrange game is very Jordanesque. You can tell he's been studying those tapes.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 02:44 AM
not trying to be hyperbolic, but Kawhi's post-up and midrange game is very Jordanesque. You can tell he's been studying those tapes.

Jordan and Pippen infused into one player...:cry

Floyd Pacquiao
12-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Kawhi is already a better playmaker than pippen was at the same age. The numbers support iirc

spurraider21
12-03-2014, 03:17 AM
leonard isn't a natural when it comes to playmaking/passing. he's gotten better at creating for himself, but he's not super fluid when it comes to involving others and creating for them

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Kawhi is already a better playmaker than pippen was at the same age. The numbers support iirc

my nigga

spurraider21
12-03-2014, 03:19 AM
hm, i always seem to forget how young Kawhi is given its already his 4th season. this is kiwi's age 23 season. scottie's age 23 season was his 2nd year, in which he averaged 14.4 points and 3.5 assists (2.7 turnovers)

exstatic
12-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Looks like RC told Pop pre-season that if KL wants the max, he better show this season that he can offensively carry the team.

RC doesn't tell Pop anything. Pop, in addition to being coach, is president of basketball operations. RC works for him.

Fireball
12-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Number of shots do not matter to me, in the Spurs system that should be dictated by the flow of the game. If Kawhi has the ball and the opportunity to post up, then go for it. No reason to force anything that's not there.
I only care for one thing and that's Kawhi playing average of 36 minutes because we need his defense and rebounding. To do this he only needs to stay out of foul trouble.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Kawhi to Pop: no, you're the big one ;)

wildchild
12-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Even with a more prominent/expanding role the fans votes won't favor Leonard and I can't see the coaches choosing the player who scoring less points per game than the others candidates. The AGS it's a show, only matters the offensive end and stats like 18/20 ppg.

If the coaches have to vote a Spurs player like last year because of the team winning record, they'll select Tony again, he's part of the Big 3 and one of the best european players. The later means he's more international marketable, and that's what the NBA wants, expand overseas.

hitmantb
12-03-2014, 10:58 AM

Can not agree with this at all.

Kwahi's individual play in game 3-4-5 to cancel out LeBron was what gave Spurs the 5th title, without him awakening his ISO power, Spurs was headed toward a Utah Jazz 1998 bitter ending. Basically, it was like what would have happened if you added LeBron to the Spurs. Dominant team ball on top of dominant individual talent = steam roll the defending champion.

Team ball will only get you so far. In game 6 OT against OKC, Duncan took over. Unless you are blowing teams out, at end of games you need individual scoring power. Prime Manu always had the freedom to do what he wanted. Kwahi can easily be that guy. He doesn't have the passing but he can overpower with his strength. Can you imagine prime Manu cancel out LeBron 1v1 like Kwahi did last year?

I don't think anyone is looking for 30 shots a game. But prime Manu often mix up his drives/passing with mid/long range jumpers. I am perfectly OK with Kwahi taking 15-20 shots per game and make end-of-clock 1v1 plays.

wildchild
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
We shouldn't buy "Kawhi, you're the 1". Pop has a trolling-reporters story, saying one thing in public and doing another on the court.
Like this season when Leonard didn't touch the ball for whole quarters.
In november against the Kings, Cavs, etc, or during eight minutes of the 4th quarter against Celtics, we saw the team didn't look him and they didn't get him the ball where he needed to get it.

Manu sounds more realistic than Pop.
After last game he said "On a different team Kawhi would be pulling much higher numbers. We play a system. We take what the game gives us. Leonard's day as the Spurs' every-night go-to scorer is coming It's just a matter of time, and we're not talking about a decade. We're talking about a year, or two" so not this season with the Big 3 still playing.

spurspokesman
12-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Make room america

Proxy
12-03-2014, 01:52 PM
RC doesn't tell Pop anything. Pop, in addition to being coach, is president of basketball operations. RC works for him.

Never realized that

superbigtime
12-03-2014, 02:02 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/06/kawhi-leonard-gregg-popovich-nba-san-antonio-spurs-utah-jazz-850x560.jpg

"You've got big ones"

Look at those freakish fingers.

hater
12-03-2014, 02:50 PM

agree with this. Kawhi has never let us down. (and no that missed free throw in game 6 is not a FAIL given Pop, Manu's and even Duncan failures that game.) plus it was his 1st finals.

until he let's us down bigtime, my money will always be on Kawhi

hater
12-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Randolph, Ibaka and favors won't make it over kawhi specially if the spurs finish a top the west before the All-star break. But, All-star selection is different now..It's just frontcourt and backcourt..So there is Gasol and Boggie who will both for sure make it. Durant will make it, aldridge and Griffin are sure shots...

#1) Spurs will NOT finish #1 in the West
#2) since when does the allstar selection depend on team record?

gay and Favors are both in the mix definitely regardless of record. who knows if Durant will decide to join too. sure the Centers need to make it too, but IMO they usually let a few centers in and then it's all SF PFs...

IMO the possibility of Kawhi in the all-star game is about 50% (assuming he will sustain or increase the output of his last 5 or so games)

but my point was that Pop is already working the PR on it for mainly 1 reason, he wants Kawhi to join the ranks of the ref-favored players in the league. Pop is already looking forward to the playoffs and wants Kawhi to get benefit of the doubt like the rest of the superstars.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 03:15 PM
#1) Spurs will NOT finish #1 in the West
#2) since when does the allstar selection depend on team record?

gay and Favors are both in the mix definitely regardless of record. who knows if Durant will decide to join too. sure the Centers need to make it too, but IMO they usually let a few centers in and then it's all SF PFs...

IMO the possibility of Kawhi in the all-star game is about 50% (assuming he will sustain or increase the output of his last 5 or so games)

but my point was that Pop is already working the PR on it for mainly 1 reason, he wants Kawhi to join the ranks of the ref-favored players in the league. Pop is already looking forward to the playoffs and wants Kawhi to get benefit of the doubt like the rest of the superstars.

people take into account records when choosing all-stars..That's why miami had bosh-wade-Lebron all making it even though they were a few players in the east that had better stats than bosh.

Favors will not make it...you can't have two players from shitty teams..if anything, Hayward will be the token Jazz player but it is very unlikely for a jazz player to make it..

The Possibility of Kawhi making it, is way less than 50%..I'd say less than 1% because the last two spots is not position based..It's anyone who the coaches think deserve to be in the all-star.

you have 5 Guards 5 Frontcourts and two wildcards.

Durant, Griffin, Gasol, Aldridge and Davis will all make it..Harden, Westbrook, curry, Bryant, Paul will all make it.

That leaves Kawhi fighting for a spot with Tim, Dirk, Thompson, Tony, Randolph, hayward, Dragic, Bledsoe, Lillard, Ellis, Gay, Boggie, Howard,

So for two spots, One of which is going to be the token spur...Most likely Tony since he is in his all time high of stat padding, another one will be the token Mavs, That leaves Howard, one of dirk or Ellis, Thompson, gay all not making it...

Kawhi's real xompeition is his own teamate Tony..Tony knows this though. no wonder he is trying his best to not run plays for Kawhi.

hater
12-03-2014, 03:26 PM
people take into account records when choosing all-stars..That's why miami had bosh-wade-Lebron all making it even though they were a few players in the east that had better stats than bosh.

wrong. Lebron and Wade made the people's choice last year, which leaves only Bosh to be chosen by coaches. Obviously KD(assuming he holds up) and 2 of Davis/Aldridge/Gasol/Decousins/Howard? will make the people's choice this year.

Favors will not make it...you can't have two players from shitty teams..if anything, Hayward will be the token Jazz player but it is very unlikely for a jazz player to make it..

never said he would, he is in the mix thou and will be in the ballots

The Possibility of Kawhi making it, is way less than 50%..I'd say less than 1% because the last two spots is not position based..It's anyone who the coaches think deserve to be in the all-star.

IF Kawhi sustains his output and is the best Spur player (which he should) he has a great chance of making it (Spurs are the champs after all) IMO there are 2 spots open for the following:
Kawhi
Dirk
Gay
(Howard/Decousins)
Griffiths (who is NOT a lock to make it)
Favors

regarding Tony, he has already given up MVPs for Kawhi so giving up Allstar for Pop's grand plan is a no brainer. :tu thanks MVParker :wow

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 03:29 PM
wrong. Lebron and Wade made the people's choice last year, which leaves only Bosh to be chosen by coaches. Obviously KD and either Davis/Aldridge/Gasol/Decousins/Howard? will make the people's choice this year.

never said he would, he is in the mix thou and will be in the ballots

IF Kawhi sustains his output and is the best Spur player (which he should) he has a great chance of making it (Spurs are the champs after all) IMO there are 2 spots open for the following:
Kawhi
Dirk
Gay
(Howard/Decousins)
Griffiths (who is NOT a lock to make it)
Favors

regarding Tony, he has already given up MVPs for Kawhi so giving up Allstar for Pop's grand plan is a no brainer. :tu thanks MVParker :wow

spurs are the champs after all, but then deny the fact that people take into consideration team success...WtF Bro

hater
12-03-2014, 03:30 PM
spurs are the champs after all, but then deny the fact that people take into consideration team success...WtF Bro

correct, current champs >>>> record at allstar break

apalisoc_9
Tony didn't give up anything...

Kawhi won despite him..

Lol stat padding fourth quarter of game 5 :lol

Blake
I think all star voters will remember Kawhi's finals MVP performance

hater
12-03-2014, 03:31 PM
I think all star voters will remember Kawhi's finals MVP performance

that too. Thanks MVParker :tu

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 03:32 PM
I actually can't wait for the voting...

tough task, but would be awesome if he is starting...

Brazil
12-03-2014, 03:57 PM
^ not sure why this faggot is so obssessed with the ASG tbh...

who fucking cares

not even starting on the parker not running plays... duh

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Jeremy Lin will start too

benstanfield
12-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Meh, he'll be much better when the bench is healthy & they can play with more consistent pace. He's already pretty deadly in transition as a coast to coast ball handler & creating mismatches in the post in transition.

Besides, if one of the better defenders & rebounders on the planet is only giving us ~17ppg I aint even mad

Malik Hairston
12-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Can not agree with this at all.

Kwahi's individual play in game 3-4-5 to cancel out LeBron was what gave Spurs the 5th title, without him awakening his ISO power, Spurs was headed toward a Utah Jazz 1998 bitter ending. Basically, it was like what would have happened if you added LeBron to the Spurs. Dominant team ball on top of dominant individual talent = steam roll the defending champion.

Team ball will only get you so far. In game 6 OT against OKC, Duncan took over. Unless you are blowing teams out, at end of games you need individual scoring power. Prime Manu always had the freedom to do what he wanted. Kwahi can easily be that guy. He doesn't have the passing but he can overpower with his strength. Can you imagine prime Manu cancel out LeBron 1v1 like Kwahi did last year?

I don't think anyone is looking for 30 shots a game. But prime Manu often mix up his drives/passing with mid/long range jumpers. I am perfectly OK with Kwahi taking 15-20 shots per game and make end-of-clock 1v1 plays.

I didn't say any of that:lol..I've been one of the biggest advocates of Kawhi getting more involved in the system since he joined the team..

His isolation skills in the Finals were "freestyled", they weren't set plays, which is my point..Pop rarely ran plays for him prior to this season, as Pop himself has stated several times..

Leonard is talented enough to improvise and produce for himself in the system, but he's never going to be a natural fit, his style of play as a scorer isn't suited for Pop's system..

Prime Manu was a much better fit with the Spurs, as he excelled out of the pick&roll and playmaking off the dribble..

Kawhi's game is much more difficult to build a team around..his best offensive skill is posting up, but it's difficult to find spacing when both Duncan and Splitter are on the floor with him(as we saw in the 1st half of last season, where he struggled)..it's also obvious that the rest of the team hasn't learned how to play off him..really, SF is the most difficult position to build an offense around, unless you have a super-gifted passer like Lebron or Larry Bird(and even then, it wasn't particularly easy to build championship teams)..

Brazil
12-03-2014, 09:58 PM
4-16 for the big 1

:depressed

loveforthegame
12-03-2014, 10:05 PM
His offense sucked. No excuses.

But it's his first bad game in how many? Let's not make it sound he's been sucking for awhile.

phxspurfan
12-03-2014, 10:11 PM

Yes, but it's still RC's money. I'm pretty sure that any max offer request has RC raising an eyebrow and discussing with Pop, if the player really deserves that money.

cd021
12-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Tony didn't give up anything...

Kawhi won despite him..

Lol stat padding fourth quarter of game 5 :lol

How is going 7-7 in the forth quarter of an closeout finals victory stat padding? Its not like he was jacking up shot in garbage time. You forgot to mention that Lebron guarded Parker in game 5 and not Kawhi. I think Wade guarded Kawhi. Parkers presence on the floor made it easier for Leonard that game and Diaws floor spacing was a big reason why KL had enough room to operate from games 3-5

wildchild
12-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Lebron guarded Parker in game 5 and not Kawhi.

In 2013 Finals? Yes, but last finals after game 4 Lebron was on Kawhi more, if you watch Leonard highlights of game 5 you can see Lebron guarding him most of the possessions.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 10:33 PM
His offense sucked. No excuses.

But it's his first bad game in how many? Let's not make it sound he's been sucking for awhile.

agreed.

Budkin
12-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Everyone sucked tonight. Everyone.

DarrinS
12-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Everyone sucked tonight. Everyone.

Troof bomb

wildchild
12-03-2014, 10:34 PM
4-16 for the big 1

:depressed

Tim 5-18, Kawhi 4-16, Bonner 3-10, Boris 0-6 ...horrible shooting night.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Tim 5-18, Kawhi 4-16, Bonner 3-10, Boris 0-6 ...horrible shooting night.

Why is tim taking 18 shots again?

Jesus, he is shooting way below 20% for post ups and they continue to run through him..

TheGreatYacht
12-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Why is tim taking 18 shots again?

Jesus, he is shooting way below 20% for post ups and they continue to run through him..
Quit bitching about players taking more shots than KaPassive

TheGreatYacht
12-03-2014, 11:20 PM
This MF has gotten cocky after 5

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Good decision pop..I agree with you.

We would have been blown out if Parker was running the the show IMO.

TheGreatYacht
12-03-2014, 11:25 PM
"You're the big one" ... 4/16

DarrinS
12-03-2014, 11:38 PM
"You're the big one" ... 4/16

I thought this loss was 100% on Manu

TheGreatYacht
12-03-2014, 11:45 PM
I thought this loss was 100% on Manu
It is :lol Kawhi at least shut down his man... Manu gave Willams enough time to call his mom, and then make a 3

DarrinS
It is :lol Kawhi at least shut down his man... Manu gave Willams enough time to call his mom, and then make a 3

You're a one-trick pony

ElNono
I don't care if he shots 1-237823, he's earned the max, tbh... same with Danny, tbh... would go to battle with those guys along with the Big 3 every night...

TheGreatYacht
12-03-2014, 11:48 PM
You're a one-trick pony
I thought you were better than this, nvm no I didn't. zzzzz

cd021
12-04-2014, 11:05 PM
In 2013 Finals? Yes, but last finals after game 4 Lebron was on Kawhi more, if you watch Leonard highlights of game 5 you can see Lebron guarding him most of the possessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bckeFYPj-o

Not really. This 10 minute clip shows Lebron guarding Parker, Manu and even Mills and Duncan. I don't think I saw him guard Kawhi even once. To stat the game Lebron definitely guarded Parker.

In the second half they began to switch more and Lebron was guarding Duncan on several possessions in the second half.

wildchild
12-05-2014, 12:28 AM
This 10 minute clip shows Lebron guarding Parker, Manu and even Mills and Duncan. I don't think I saw him guard Kawhi even once.
2:33 Lebron guarding Kawhi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSj1uwHnSLM&feature=youtu.be

Re-watching this video Leonard scored over almost all Heat guys. 3 on Battier, 3 on Wade, 2 on Allen, 1 on Lebron, 1 on Lewis.

cd021
12-05-2014, 05:16 AM
2:33 Lebron guarding Kawhi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSj1uwHnSLM&feature=youtu.be

Re-watching this video Leonard scored over almost all Heat guys. 3 on Battier, 3 on Wade, 2 on Allen, 1 on Lebron, 1 on Lewis.

I stand corrected on that but Lebron was seldom on Leonard in Game 5. I remember SVG mentioning that that was one of the adjustments the Heat made was to start Lebron on Parker.

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Big 1 got outplayed by Tayshaun Prince :lmao

Clipper Nation
12-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Enrique quit and faked an injury and the team played better without him :lmao

Kool Bob Love
12-05-2014, 10:36 PM
This MF has gotten cocky after 5
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10429265_10201958907334268_3777477251863035871_n.j pg?oh=d112a87a2578e14168b0c2e9eed54719&oe=54FF8E22&__gda__=1427622493_35719770d70ac8b534a5965f50c327a 9

:nerd

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Oh for real?

loveforthegame
12-05-2014, 10:43 PM
2 bad shooting nights and people are trying to make more of it than there is.

spurraider21
12-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Kawhi was the big -3 today

loveforthegame
12-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Spurs fans crying because Leonard hopes to be a Spur for life. I can't wait to see the melt down when he gets the max. :lol

dabom
12-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Spurs fans crying because Leonard hopes to be a Spur for life. I can't wait to see the melt down when he gets the max. :lol

if the spurs give it to him, he totally deserves it.

Clipper Nation
12-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Oh for real?

Yes, for real. Better ball movement.

loveforthegame
12-05-2014, 11:02 PM
if the spurs give it to him, he totally deserves it.

I agree. I hope he's a Spur for life.

But not everyone agrees. It would serve them right if Leonard managed to leave this summer. I guess they'd like to go back to the Finley's and RJ's.

spurraider21
12-05-2014, 11:03 PM
there's no "if"... leonard will be a spur. the only question is if he accepts the spurs max offer or a shorter-term offer sheet like Parsons

wildchild
12-05-2014, 11:04 PM

Prince outplayed the player who defended him...and that guy wasn't Kawhi.

Leonard was on Lee and then on Carter, only in two possessions Kawhi guarded Prince.

I'm gonna waste my time but...you watch the game, the defensive assignments during the game, or just the boxscore?

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Kawhi deserves the max, hope we keep him...

ivanfromwestwood
12-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Green>Leonard. Better shooter and defender

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Prince outplayed the player who defended him...and that guy wasn't Kawhi.

Leonard was on Lee and then on Carter, only in two possessions Kawhi guarded Prince.

I'm gonna waste my time but...you watch the game, the defensive assignments during the game, or just the boxscore?
Did Courtney Lee guard Kawhi? Why do you think Kawhi struggled?...

milkyway21
12-05-2014, 11:12 PM

Whoa! that's so uncool !

Any Spur's injury is always a problem. I don't think he is faking it.

wildchild
12-05-2014, 11:27 PM
It would serve them right if Leonard managed to leave this summer. I guess they'd like to go back to the Finley's and RJ's.
Well, I could laugh so hard when they blame the team 'cause Kawhi plays in a WC contender against us...

wildchild
12-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Did Courtney Lee guard Kawhi?
Well, if you watched the game, you would know the answer.

Why do you think Kawhi struggled?...
You will call every explanation for why Kawhi played so well the first quarter and then he wasn't involved, an excuse...

apalisoc_9
12-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Kawhi will only be the player we want him to be in the post big 3 era...too many factors holding him down. Even though he probably is already the team's best player

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Well, if you watched the game, you would know the answer.
I want you to say it, not swerve it... Who guarded Kawhi?

You will call every explanation for why Kawhi played so well the first quarter and then he wasn't involved, an excuse...
He played awful. There's nothing else to say

spurraider21
12-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Kawhi will only be the player we want him to be in the post big 3 era...too many factors holding him down. Even though he probably is already the team's best player
the main factor holding him down today was tayshaun prince :lol

SnakeBoy
12-06-2014, 12:10 AM
there's no "if"... leonard will be a spur. the only question is if he accepts the spurs max offer or a shorter-term offer sheet like Parsons

There is no "if". Spurs will offer the max and Kawhi will take it.

spurraider21
12-06-2014, 12:12 AM
There is no "if". Spurs will offer the max and Kawhi will take it.
its one of the more realistic scenarios. but they aren't going to immediately re-sign him anyway. they are going to fill up the leftover cap room first, and you never know exactly how long that will take. 2 days into free agency? 5? 7? if Kawhi or his agent get antsy, they could sign an offer sheet in the meantime

wildchild
12-06-2014, 12:14 AM
I want you to say it, not swerve it... Who guarded Kawhi?
You mistake me for someone who cares what you want.

He played awful. There's nothing else to say
I expect nothing less than the easier/stupid thing to say from you.

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2014, 12:30 AM
You mistake me for someone who cares what you want.

I expect nothing less than the easier/stupid thing to say from you.
We both know you ain't tough, now carry on... What was the point of quoting me first, again? God damn you're retarded :lol

wildchild
12-06-2014, 12:49 AM
We both know you ain't tough...
And you say that you know me...

What was the point of quoting me first, again? God damn you're retarded
If a guy needs people to explain the obvious...who's the retarded?.

#2!
12-06-2014, 04:15 AM
Those are easy shots for him, low % for others, easy for him, hell everything this guy shoots is high %.

The way the pictures in your sig are lined up it looks as though the people in the front row are giants.

Splits
12-06-2014, 04:46 AM
its one of the more realistic scenarios. but they aren't going to immediately re-sign him anyway. they are going to fill up the leftover cap room first, and you never know exactly how long that will take. 2 days into free agency? 5? 7? if Kawhi or his agent get antsy, they could sign an offer sheet in the meantime

Only guy who may be on his way out is Kawhi's agent. Dude has already publicly said he wants to retire a Spur. We're in that rare cap-loophole situation next year where we can spend because our max guy is an RFA coming off his rookie contract. Only question is if Holt will reach deep

spurraider21
12-06-2014, 04:50 AM
Only guy who may be on his way out is Kawhi's agent. Dude has already publicly said he wants to retire a Spur. We're in that rare cap-loophole situation next year where we can spend because our max guy is an RFA coming off his rookie contract. Only question is if Holt will reach deep
the extra cap room won't have any impact if Duncan and Manu return... the only time the loophole comes into play is if those guys hang them up (or if they're retarded and play for even less under market value). if those guys retire, i think Holt will pay up to try to keep the team relevant. we wouldn't be in tax range anyway, if im not mistaken. we'd be about 7 mil over the cap

apalisoc_9
01-09-2015, 02:32 AM
Pop was on to something...

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2015, 12:47 AM

milkyway21
02-09-2015, 02:40 AM

35 ppg incoming. :hat.

Dated 12/2/2014 the month when the struggle started...

Big responsibility on his shoulders.
And Kawhi is not yet the prime Duncan.

This is team sport there shouldn't be a leader. Everybody has his own role.

mkurts
02-09-2015, 03:42 AM
I don't think Kawhi will ever be close to prime Duncan

cd021
02-09-2015, 05:43 AM

His ceiling is probably a second option or a really good 3rd option. I could 18 ppg, 7 rpg, & 2 spg type numbers in his prime

spurraider21
02-09-2015, 06:33 AM
His ceiling is probably a second option or a really good 3rd option. I could 18 ppg, 7 rpg, & 2 spg type numbers in his prime
i mean, he's averaging 16 ppg, 7.6 rpg, & 2 spg numbers right now

so you're saying his prime is basically right now + one more basket

cd021
02-09-2015, 07:59 AM
i mean, he's averaging 16 ppg, 7.6 rpg, & 2 spg numbers right now

so you're saying his prime is basically right now + one more basket

I don't think he's going to become a consistent 20 ppg scorer, year to year. I think he will score in the high teens per game for most of his prime and 8.5 rebounds is probably closer in terms of rebounding.

hater
02-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Matrix v2.0 :tu

Budkin
02-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Damn, you guys turn on people quick.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Damn, you guys turn on people quick.

r9uizdKZAGE

It's really fucking sad to see. Spurstalk used to have real fans posting occasionally, but the trolls drove them out.

DMC
02-09-2015, 12:44 PM

No one will in our lifetimes.

Spur-Addict
02-09-2015, 12:48 PM
He's only 23 years old.

DMC
02-09-2015, 12:51 PM
He's only 23 years old.

He's near his athletic zenith however. He could improve his shot, shot selection and understanding of the game. He won't improve most other areas and could and likely will regress physically as injuries mount.

r0drig0lac
02-09-2015, 12:52 PM
it is the world's best perimeter defender, he has ceiling superstar, if can bring the offensive side

Spur-Addict
02-09-2015, 01:04 PM
He's near his athletic zenith however. He could improve his shot, shot selection and understanding of the game. He won't improve most other areas and could and likely will regress physically as injuries mount.

True. But when the regression occurs could be 6, 7 years from now. His touch however likely will improve, and particularly his post game. His shot has come a long way over the last few years. I wouldn't exactly call him a "High-Flyer", his athleticism is most utilized defensively IMO.

hater
02-09-2015, 01:27 PM
it is the world's best perimeter defender, he has ceiling superstar, if can bring the offensive side

same thing was said about young Matrix tbh

dabom
02-09-2015, 01:29 PM
same thing was said about young Matrix tbh

Does young matrix have a FMVP? by his 3rd season?

hater
02-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Does young matrix have a FMVP? by his 3rd season?

don't remember Suns reaching the finals tbh....

dabom
02-09-2015, 01:34 PM
don't remember Suns reaching the finals tbh....

thanks. tbh

hater
02-09-2015, 01:39 PM
23 year old Marion
19ppg
10rpg
2apg
47% FG
40% 3pt

Kawhi
16ppg
7rpg
2apg
45% FG
34% 3pt

dabom
02-09-2015, 01:49 PM
23 year old Marion
19ppg
10rpg
2apg
47% FG
40% 3pt

Kawhi
16ppg
7rpg
2apg
45% FG
34% 3pt

one plays 40 mins and the other 30 mins.

if u use per 36 numbers they are identical.

Then if you look at their WS/48 for the first three years of playoffs kawhi has .184WS/48 and marion has a 0.092WS/48. Dam seems like marion shrunk in the playoffs considerably. Like from allstar to chump.
NEXT!!!!!

apalisoc_9
02-09-2015, 01:50 PM

Then if you look at their WS/48 for the first three years of playoffs kawhi has .184WS/48 and marion has a 0.092WS/48. Dam seems like marion shrunk in the playoffs considerably. Like from allstar to chump.
NEXT!!!!!

Kawhi elvates his game to a new level in the playoffs..This has happened every year since his rookie year.

dabom
02-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Kawhi elvates his game to a new level in the playoffs..This has happened every year since his rookie year.

I know man. Some people just can't see that kawhi is in another stratosphere.

hater
02-09-2015, 01:53 PM

:lol in what dimension is 45% vs 47% and 40% vs 34% identical??

NEXT!!!!!

:lol why do ppl get upset when I call Kawhi the next Matrix? that is a huge compliment. we wish we could be that lucky. Can you imagine if Kawhi ever reaches prime Marion level?
23pts 11.8reb 1.7blk on 52.5% shooting with a PER of 23.6

:wow

dabom
02-09-2015, 01:55 PM

:lol why do ppl get upset when I call Kawhi the next Matrix? that is a huge compliment. we wish we could be that lucky. Can you imagine if Kawhi ever reaches prime Marion level?

Prime marion never showed up in the playoffs. :lmao

Thanks for the laughs. :lol

hater
02-09-2015, 01:56 PM

comparing Pop' to Dantonio playoff systems :lol

dabom
02-09-2015, 01:58 PM
comparing Pop' to Dantonio playoff systems :lol

He was worse with rick carlisle. :lmao

hater
02-09-2015, 02:01 PM
He was worse with rick carlisle. :lmao

:rolleyes he was also 32 :rolleyes

hater
02-09-2015, 02:01 PM
so now we gotta wait till April to see the real MVP Kawhi :lmao

Kawhitards :lol

dabom
02-09-2015, 02:03 PM
so now we gotta wait till April to see the real MVP Kawhi :lmao

Kawhitards :lol

enriquetards :lmao

PingPong
02-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Toronto is just a (rare) bad match for Kiwi. He isn't the smartest guy in the team, at least isn't in the same level as Boris, Splitter, Manu, or even Fagnelli. But he can improve his fundamentals and be a great #2 or #3 player in a contender Spurs. But he can't lead shit to a championship. The Spurs won in 2014 because it was a well oiled machine, not because someone led the team.

DMC
02-09-2015, 02:45 PM
The "we love Kawhi" trolling is another example of shitty alt name takes tbh.

ohmwrecker
02-09-2015, 03:09 PM
http://calvinwritersonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Sean-Connery-Finding-Forrester.jpg

ElNono
02-09-2015, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the laughs. :lol

Not to mention that if you don't post amazing offensive numbers while D'Antoni is your coach, you might as well be out of the league. :lol

Qu:lolntin Rich:lolrds:loln looked like a borderline All Star with Pringles...

Few players are as overrated as Marion, tbh...

hater
02-09-2015, 04:02 PM

:lol

dabom
02-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Shutup faggot.

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2015, 04:17 PM
23 year old Marion
19ppg
10rpg
2apg
47% FG
40% 3pt

Kawhi
16ppg
7rpg
2apg
45% FG
34% 3pt

Damn :lol

But this is only his 4th season, he'll reach his full potential by his 10th season watch :cry

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Yea, they mad :lmao

dabom
02-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Greatfaggot "trying" to troll. :tu

D-

Maybe next time. :lol

Kool Bob Love
02-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Spurs are screwed if they max him out. :depressed

Hes putting up these numbers playing with the greatest pf and 2 of the best gurads the NBA has ever seen.

its gonna get very ugly for kawhi when the trio retires.

FkLA
02-09-2015, 04:42 PM
At 23 years old for both...

http://i.imgur.com/LVGUNwf.png?1

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 05:44 PM
23 year old Marion
19ppg
10rpg
2apg
47% FG
40% 3pt

Kawhi
16ppg
7rpg
2apg
45% FG
34% 3pt

Kawhi in that no defense 108ppg Suns system with Nash at point would be getting at LEAST 20 PPG. Probably averaging 20-10 with more blocks than he does now, since he'd be covering for Nash constantly and getting a lot of opportunities for blocks.

pgardn
02-09-2015, 05:51 PM
I know man. Some people just can't see that kawhi is in another stratosphere.

We don't have any players in another stratosphere numnuts.

He is by far the most athletic player on our team. But the kid has quite a ways to go. There is so much he can improve on.

DMC
02-09-2015, 06:00 PM
We don't have any players in another stratosphere numnuts.

He is by far the most athletic player on our team. But the kid has quite a ways to go. There is so much he can improve on.

Yeah they are too stupid to not step on their own dicks with these troll attempts. They go overboard and ruin the entire schtick.

Brazil
02-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Yeah they are too stupid to not step on their own dicks with these troll attempts. They go overboard and ruin the entire schtick.

ST trolling is as good as TP penetrations nowadays

sook
02-09-2015, 06:09 PM

DMC
02-09-2015, 06:11 PM
It's always been shitty, just that there were some good ones as well once upon a time when certain people had their thread starting privileges revoked. You still see the same posters starting thread after thread saying the same stupid shit. One talks about farts and taking a shit, all the time, and the others are either sucking off Manu or sucking off Tony, depending on how their mouths angle.

Brazil
02-09-2015, 06:21 PM
It's always been shitty, just that there were some good ones as well once upon a time when certain people had their thread starting privileges revoked. You still see the same posters starting thread after thread saying the same stupid shit. One talks about farts and taking a shit, all the time, and the others are either sucking off Manu or sucking off Tony, depending on how their mouths angle.

Problem is on the quantity imo. The Parker schtick is nice tbh but even a vet like Harlem is over using it same with Kawhi... Only poster who does that pretty nicely is ElNono, his subtle is sometimes too evident but overall he is playing his game properly. FkLA was the best Parker hater imo for a long time but probably the smell of the blood makes him go crazy which is killing it.

dabom
02-09-2015, 06:30 PM

dabom
02-09-2015, 06:34 PM

I could have sworn I've seen this shitty take atleast 100 times this last week. Stop hitting refresh faggot.

hitmanyr2k
02-09-2015, 06:44 PM

That's not much of a compliment to be honest. Shawn Marion's numbers have always been deceiving. He sometimes had first/second option numbers but if you actually watched him play you knew he was anything but. He was the ultimate garbageman with average offensive skills. Wasn't much of a ball-handler or a creator. He had the benefit of playing in a free-flowing uptempo offense with some good/great point guards (Marbury, Kidd, Nash) where he used his athleticism and ran the floor hard for layups/dunks and occasionally spotted up for wide open shots since defenses never really keyed on him. He wasn't a player you were going to throw the ball to and have him create for himself or anyone else. His impact was from sheer hustle and athleticism rather than skill. I consider Marion a good 3rd, maybe 4th option on a championship team and hopefully Kawhi can turn out better than that.

ElNono
02-09-2015, 06:47 PM
That's not much of a compliment to be honest. Shawn Marion's numbers have always been deceiving. He sometimes had first/second option numbers but if you actually watched him play you knew he was anything but. He was the ultimate garbageman with average offensive skills. Wasn't much of a ball-handler or a creator. He had the benefit of playing in a free-flowing uptempo offense with some good/great point guards (Marbury, Kidd, Nash) where he used his athleticism and ran the floor hard for layups/dunks and occasionally spotted up for wide open shots since defenses never really keyed on him. He wasn't a player you were going to throw the ball to and have him create for himself or anyone else. His impact was from sheer hustle and athleticism rather than skill. I consider Marion a good 3rd, maybe 4th option on a championship team and hopefully Kawhi can turn out better than that.

BOOM

Hoops Czar
02-09-2015, 07:03 PM

And then there's dabom.

dabom
02-09-2015, 07:05 PM
And then there's dabom.

Rent free.

barbacoataco
02-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Leonard just doesn't have a complete offensive game right now. He might in 2-3 years, but not right now. The top scorers in the league are able to bring it almost every night. He is an all around great player and he has a huge impact on the game. But if Parker is finished as a #1 scoring opton, Leonard will have to step up.

spurraider21
02-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Problem is on the quantity imo. The Parker schtick is nice tbh but even a vet like Harlem is over using it same with Kawhi... Only poster who does that pretty nicely is ElNono, his subtle is sometimes too evident but overall he is playing his game properly. FkLA was the best Parker hater imo for a long time but probably the smell of the blood makes him go crazy which is killing it.
ElNono doesn't troll. He's just here to talk basketball.

barbacoataco
02-09-2015, 07:30 PM
I have been on this board since 2007 and I read it for awhile before that without joining. The quality has gone down steadily of course but there still are enough good people to make it worth it.

TheGreatYacht
02-20-2015, 01:58 AM
The Big 1 for 11

dabom
02-20-2015, 02:17 AM
Ya going to be sucking his dick come playoff though.

Va Spur
02-20-2015, 02:23 AM
Give me a break-- dude-- did you not enjoy the 2014 title of which Kawhi Leonard was the MVP not shawn marion.

A bad game versus a slightly below All-star career. Even if Kawhi never does anything else-- he's accomplished more than marion

why can't spurs fans enjoy the run

Silver&Black
02-20-2015, 02:25 AM
You're only as good as your last game.....Such is life in Spurstalk.

Va Spur
02-20-2015, 02:26 AM
You're only as good as your last game.....Such is life in Spurstalk.

No freaking kidding. Spurs fans have a nanosecond of memory-- like memento 2

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 02:32 PM
lol at people wanting to relegate leonard to a defensive player.

Who is the big One?

K...
07-23-2015, 03:16 PM
lol at people wanting to relegate leonard to a defensive player.

Who is the big One?

Huh, give us your expected output of lma since you predicted kawhi already

Cry Havoc
07-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Weird how I apparently hate Kawhi yet created this thread. So strange.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Averaging 20 points a game in the last three months but all of a sudden

" Kawhi should just F on D"

Kool Bob Love
07-23-2015, 03:29 PM
He sure is the big one Pop.

https://bendavidwong.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/screen-shot-2013-06-22-at-7-03-40-pm.png

Silver&Black
07-23-2015, 03:35 PM
Weird how I apparently hate Kawhi yet created this thread. So strange.

Yeah, I know. You've said one nice thing about Parker before....so you know who automatically assumes that you must therefore hate Kawhi.

It's called player fan logic. I don't quite fully understand it either.

K...
07-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Averaging 20 points a game in the last three months but all of a sudden

" Kawhi should just F on D"

What part of signing a.franchise big don't you understand? Which is better to relegate lma to defense and spot up shooting while kawhi goes iso, or having lma be the primary scorer and hub of offense while kawhi focuses on defense, or some mixed version where we exploit matchups?

Player fans get to pick the first two options, team fans understand that the offense could radically change. Apo thinks this'll lead to mvkawhi but he hasn't acknowledged the new S.A. Bigs both of which can shoot. We don't need kawhi to be mvp. Let him focus on his junkman role.

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Such a "big 1" that Pop and the front office had to go and try their hardest to recruit a real alpha this summer :wakeup

ducks
07-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Such a "big 1" that Pop and the front office had to go and try their hardest to recruit a real alpha this summer :wakeup

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Aldridge an Alpha?

He been getting cuked by every PG/SG in Portland. Brandon Roy :lol

Kawhi is the franchise.

Kawhi is the best defender and will average 20.

That's the best player

K...
07-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Aldridge an Alpha?

He been getting cuked by every PG/SG in Portland. Brandon Roy :lol

Kawhi is the franchise.

Kawhi is the best defender and will average 20.

That's the best player

wow so analysis. Great basketball mind.

What will LMA average?

timtonymanu
03-01-2017, 11:31 PM

lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Cute little regular season player :tu

PopTheGOAT
03-01-2017, 11:38 PM

Can you imagine? :wow

PopTheGOAT
03-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Cute little regular season player :tu
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/b9/b9f97e0bbbabe483d4784df8cc5107e73fdc80d9c247da0317 e8196015d3eb0b.jpg