PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Would they be better with Rondo?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 12:23 AM
I know there's a lot of Rondo haters, but the dude is a beast. If he was on OKC, I really think he could give SA a lot of problems. West chimp is fools gold. Too inefficient and inconsistent and honestly he takes away from the team. Just wanted some opinions since Rondo is having a VERY productive year, even though it's looking very very likely he and Josh Smoth are headed to Sacramento

scanry
12-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Let's get this straight, you'd rather have a Samsung version of Tony Parker than Alphabrook?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 12:29 AM
And yes I realize he is shooting 30% from the line :lmao 9-30 but really, the dudes best players are who on the Celts?

100%duncan
12-03-2014, 12:56 AM
:lol

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Wow this guy's takes are beyond horrible...

AlexJones
12-03-2014, 01:06 AM
I can't believe this slightly above average player was once considered a superstar by realGM/casual fans

scanry
12-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Frizzle doing Frizzle things tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 02:00 AM
:lol a pass first point guard is what the Thunder need. It's not my fault @apasolic has IQ equivalent to Cornbread in the pocket.

Do you guys seriously think Westbrook will ever lead OKC to anything?

It's not about who has more potential, or who can score more. Besides points, Rondo has a better stat line anyways. Westbrook on Boston would be perfect for him, tbh :lol

Rondo's statline tonight: 2 points (1-8), 12 rebounds, 19 assists. Imagine if he could shoot like Steph Curry. He'd be one of the greatest :lmao

apalisoc_9
12-03-2014, 02:03 AM
Giving up the best PG for an average stat padding player....:lmao

wow just wow.......:

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 02:03 AM
Giving up the best PG

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

http://x.vukajlija.com/var/uploads/reactions/201212/51692/mj-laughing.gif

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 02:12 AM
midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) can I get an rational argument on why this would or wouldn't work? I don't mind you playing the Devils Advocate. I'd love to debate on this if you disagree.

ElNono
12-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Ewing Theory Revisited

When we learned about Rajon Rondo’s season-ending injury during ABC’s Heat-Celtics game on January 27, every Celtics fan had the same reaction: So long, Puncher’s Chance At Making The Eastern Finals.

We zipped through the seven stages of grief in about 45 minutes, barely noticing that the Celtics were playing better without Rondo. For once, they looked like a vintage Garnett-Pierce era Celtics team again. No more mailing in quarters, no more rolling over defensively, no more 22-second possessions followed by ghastly 20-footers. They fended off LeBron and the LeBronettes in double overtime with help from a rollicking, old-school Boston crowd that learned about the severity of Rondo’s injury through tweets and texts. And somewhere along the line, more than a few Celtics fans e-mailed me or tweeted me the same two words.

Ewing Theory???

Could it be? We started picking apart Rondo’s game in our heads, even if most of us absolutely loved the guy. And believe me — I love the guy. Had I gotten another dog between 2010 and 2012, I absolutely would have named him “Rondo.” That’s my dude. Other than Larry Legend, he’s the most original basketball player I have ever watched on a day-to-day basis. There will never be a Rondo 2.0. Unfortunately, there will always be Basic Cable Rondo and National TV Rondo.

Basic Cable Rondo gets bored easily. He pads his assist totals just to see if he can. He goes entire games without ever driving to the hoop or drawing a foul. He shoots 3s even though he should never, ever, EVER be shooting 3s. He pounds the ball 25 feet away from the basket for no good reason, frowns a little too often, only makes teammates better on his terms. He cheats passing lanes and gambles for steals too much. He pretends to lead without really leading. He’s on hyperfocused cruise control, basically. The worst thing about Basic Cable Rondo? You know when he shows up. Right away. Within three minutes of the opening tip.

But National TV Rondo? Sweet Jesus do I love that guy. He’s a walking triple-double. He’s a beast. He’s one of the best eight or nine players alive. You could give National TV Rondo four mediocre teammates and he could hang with any contender. Shit, that’s practically what happened in the Eastern finals last spring — Garnett and Pierce were worn down from the shortened season, so was Ray Allen, and nobody else on the team was worth a damn except Brandon Bass. The Celtics came within one victory of beating LeBron in his prime. That’s why you put up with Basic Cable Rondo — because National TV Rondo knocks your team’s ceiling up a couple floors.

After Allen’s acrimonious departure last summer, Rondo made a fuss about transforming the Celtics into his team, which apparently meant scoring more, leading more, doing more … and if you read between the lines, it really meant, “Hey, KG and Paul, step aside, I’m taking the wheel.”

http://grantland.com/features/ewing-theory-revisited/

ElNono
12-03-2014, 02:25 AM
That's the main knock on Rondo. He needs the spotlight to bring the best in him. Otherwise, he's "Basic Cable Rondo", your regular mail-it-in stat-padder...

OKC has bigger problems than their PG, tbh...

baseline bum
12-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Rondo's statline tonight: 2 points (1-8), 12 rebounds, 19 assists. Imagine if he could shoot like Steph Curry. He'd be one of the greatest :lmao

Imagine if Ayres could catch the ball and have Duncan's footwork. He'd be a HOF'er.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-03-2014, 02:32 AM
Westbrook was the best player in the playoffs last year and was killing the spurs in the wcf
He's not okc's problem.

baseline bum
12-03-2014, 02:35 AM
OKC's problem is that Harden is in Houston now and Brooks isn't.

midnightpulp
12-03-2014, 02:40 AM
midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) can I get an rational argument on why this would or wouldn't work? I don't mind you playing the Devils Advocate. I'd love to debate on this if you disagree.

Don't think he would work with OKC's roster, since Westbrook being an elite scorer at the PG position is crucial to their offense. They would be much easier to defend on the perimeter without Westbrook as that 2nd dynamic scorer alongside Durant.

The Big 3 Celtics roster really was the perfect roster for him. All his metrics were great when he played with them.

spurraider21
12-03-2014, 02:51 AM
And yes I realize he is shooting 30% from the line :lmao 9-30 but really, the dudes best players are who on the Celts?
what do his teammates have to do with his FT%... like at all

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 09:48 AM
what do his teammates have to do with his FT%... like at all
I was giving two random thoughts. I'll post my thoughts when I get home tonight

Clipper Nation
12-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Such a vanilla take, tbh, but typical from Frizzle. Rondo is notorious for ruining the flow of his team's offense and even passing up easy layups in order to pad his assists. Westbrook is by far the better player, Rondo is just another Enrique who rides coattails.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Such a vanilla take, tbh, but typical from Frizzle. Rondo is notorious for ruining the flow of his team's offense and even passing up easy layups in order to pad his assists. Westbrook is by far the better player, Rondo is just another Enrique who rides coattails.
I don't agree with that at all. Who would run Boston's offense since he's notorious for killing it? Jeff Green? Gerald Wallace?

is Boston bad because of Rondo too? Lol..

hehateme
12-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Do you think the Thunder would be better with Cum Newton at PG as well?

Spur-Addict
12-03-2014, 11:04 AM
This is ridiculous, Westbrook is far and away superior to Rondo.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 11:11 AM
This is ridiculous, Westbrook is far and away superior to Rondo.
How about you actually read my post numbnuts? I clearly said Robdo isn't superior, it's about fit. If Rondo was on the team last year in the playoffs, I guarantee more than three fucking players would have scored in a WCF game.

you need the best players to win though, right? That Spurs roster was stacked :wakeup

Spur-Addict
12-03-2014, 11:16 AM
How about you actually read my post numbnuts? I clearly said Robdo isn't superior, it's about fit. If Rondo was on the team last year in the playoffs, I guarantee more than three fucking players would have scored in a WCF game.

you need the best players to win though, right? That Spurs roster was stacked :wakeup

:lol

If Rondo was on the team last year they wouldn't have been a top 3 seed, and they wouldn't have made to the WCF. So no, they wouldn't be better with Rondo :lol

And Rondo is inefficient as well, terrible shooter. Moot. :lol

tlongII
12-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Horrible take. Any team with title aspirations needs at least two dynamic scoring options.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Horrible take. Any team with title aspirations needs at least two dynamic scoring options.
Who are the Spurs?

tlongII
12-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Who are the Spurs?

Parker
Ginobili
Leonard

All dynamic scoring options. Even Duncan to some degree still is.

Franklin
12-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Being obsessed with a Romanian no-name bitch or getting dumped a cat on by gf's sister, which sounds lamer? Kettle calling pot black, imho.

100%duncan
12-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Do you think the Thunder would be better with Cum Newton at PG as well?

:lmao

Infinite_limit
12-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Ibaka = KG, offensively KG still gave you more
Durant = Pierce, offensively Paul still gave you more inside the paint
Lamb = Allen, Ray is a HOF

Durant is too gimmicky of a scorer [sit on 3 point line] to carry OKC offensively