PDA

View Full Version : Make your predictions - Championship Week

Splits
12-03-2014, 10:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5ffm5c5.png

Line: Oregon -14.5

Arizona has beat Oregon both this year and last year, and is coming off two straight wins over ranked opponents. Oregon hasn't played a decent squad in over a month. Can 'Zona pull out the upset?

http://i.imgur.com/t0jImqu.png

Line: 'Bama -14.5

'Bama is severely overrated by the playoff committee and has looked beatable all year. They should have two losses if not for LSU performing a coat hanger self-abortion, and almost lost to Arkansas as well. Mizzou won the SEC E:lolst and haven't beaten a ranked team all year, while losing at home to Indi:loln:lol.

http://i.imgur.com/RuuKAAh.png

Line: TCU -33.5

Not much to say here, Iowa State has a good a chance of winning this game as the Lakers making the playoffs

http://i.imgur.com/58cnxFO.png

Line: FSU - 4.5

FSU, despite being undefeated for a 2nd year running is ranked 4th by the Playoff Overlords for a reason. The last 3 weeks they've won games against cakewalk unranked opponents by a total of 12 points. GT is coming off a big win against their instate rival and a demolishing of a decent Clemson squad the week before. Can they ride their hot streak and finally give FSU the loss they've deserved all year?

http://i.imgur.com/hoOi7qK.png

Line: Wis -4

The boys in Vegas have Wisconsin favored and for good reason. OSU lost their QB for the season and will trot out a redshirt Soph who's never started a collegiate game while Wisconsin survived and injury scare and will have their Heisman candidate running back in uniform on Saturday.

http://i.imgur.com/Ktjs7O4.png

Line: Not posted

This should be a doozy. Baylor was in cruise control last week, up big against TTech when their QB went down with an injury and they barely survived an embarrassing collapse at home to a terrible team. KState has looked shaky on the road this year, having only won in Norman due to one of the worst kicking choke jobs we've seen this season in the NCAA. KState definitely has the revenge factor in their favor, trying to do to Baylor what Baylor did to them two years ago: knocking them out of the Championship picture.

I've got:
Arizona
Alabama
TCU
Georgia Tech
Wisconsin
Baylor

tlongII
12-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Oregon
Alabama
TCU
Georgia Tech
Wisconsin
Kansas State

JMarkJohns
12-03-2014, 01:35 PM
It's gonna be real difficult for Arizona to beat Oregon twice in the same year...

That said, Rodriguez was brought to Arizona for two reasons: offensive speed from a spread attack and a 3-3-5 system built to stop teams like Oregon.

If Anu plays like he did last two games, Arizona will win.

This team was assembled to not just hang with, but defeat Oregon.

DesignatedT
12-03-2014, 01:37 PM
All favorites except Baylor. I think K State takes that one.

Blizzardwizard
12-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Kansas State wins in a blowout.

hehateme
12-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Arizona
Alabama
TCU
Fl St
Wisconsin
Baylor

Top 4 after this week:

Alabama
TCU
Fl St.
Arizona (because the committee hates Christians)

Silver&Black
12-03-2014, 07:11 PM
:lmao Iowa St.
:lmao 0-8 in Big 12, 2-9 Overall
:lmao "Championship" Week

Splits
12-03-2014, 10:41 PM
:lmao Iowa St.
:lmao 0-8 in Big 12, 2-9 Overall
:lmao "Championship" Week

Make your predictions

http://sandrarose.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/EJ-Johnson-at-Bootsy-Bellows.jpg

Just because your shitty team was exposed doesn't mean you can't engage with the remaining National Champion participants.

Who will you root for if Bama loses to Mizzou?

Silver&Black
12-03-2014, 10:50 PM
:lmao Championship Week

In the Big 12 it's not "championship week". It's just the last game of the season tbh....

Splits
12-03-2014, 10:52 PM
:lmao Championship Week

In the Big 12 it's not "championship week". It's just the last game of the season tbh....

KState Baylor winner is conference champion. Do you not understand what I just posted? NCAA rules do not allow a championship game if you have under 12 teams. Or are you just ignorant and continuing to fail reading comprehension 101?

Silver&Black
12-03-2014, 10:57 PM
KState Baylor winner is conference champion. Do you not understand what I just posted? NCAA rules do not allow a championship game if you have under 12 teams. Or are you just ignorant and continuing to fail reading comprehension 101?

Pretty sure I just saw that if TCU wins (and they will) they will be co-champions. Is that correct or did I read the ESPN crawler wrong?

yavozerb
12-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Pretty sure I just saw that if TCU wins (and they will) they will be co-champions. Is that correct or did I read the ESPN crawler wrong?

I read the same thing..

Splits
12-03-2014, 11:06 PM

Big-12 says that for the Playoff Overloards, they are considered co-champions.

If Big-12 has to decide on who to send to a top-6 bowl, tiebreaker goes to Baylor.

The Big 12 would officially leave the TCU (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2628/tcu-horned-frogs)-Baylor (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/239/baylor-bears) debate in the hands of the College Football Playoff selection committee, commissioner Bob Bowlsby said in a teleconference on Monday.Should No. 5 TCU and No. 7 Baylor both win Saturday and each finish the season 11-1, Bowlsby said the league would inform the 12-member selection committee it has co-champions, in spite of Baylor's 61-58 win over TCU on Oct. 11. The committee has had TCU ranked ahead of Baylor for all five of its rankings this season.

"That's the prerogative of the selection committee," Bowlsby said. "It's not our prerogative for us to tell them who is our best team. They can choose from an array of teams that are available and qualified for the playoff.

"It's not within our prerogative to bind the selection committee that way. They're going to select who they think is the best team. This is an important distinction. Because the committee's charge is not to select the most deserving team. The committee's responsibility is to select the four best teams based upon their objective and subjective criteria. And each one of the committee members may feel different about how exactly that process works. ... They can certainly select from any of ours."

Only if TCU and Baylor are both left out of the top four would the league acknowledge Baylor's head-to-head win over TCU. By contract, displaced conference champions are guaranteed spots in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, Vizio Fiesta Bowl and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl. Bowlsby said the league would then use Baylor's win over TCU to determine which team would play in a New Year's Six bowl.

"The only reason we apply the tiebreaker later on is because we have to, we're the ones who designate who goes into one of those host bowls," Bowlsby said. "In the case of the College Football Playoff, they're the ones who designate who goes into those games."

"We wouldn't be designating our champion," he said. "We would be designating our representative to the host bowl."

Silver&Black
12-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Big-12 says that for the Playoff Overloards, they are considered co-champions.

If Big-12 has to decide on who to send to a top-6 bowl, tiebreaker goes to Baylor.

I know all that Splitty. I've read that before and I've heard that from the "experts" already. You might not think it...but I actually keep up with college football and I know what I'm talking about most of the time.

You said that the K State/Baylor winner is conference champion. That's not true....it's not. If K-State wins....they are not conference champs. If Baylor wins....they are conference co-champs. (Of course assuming that TCU beats Iowa St.)

And BTW....two quick questions. 1.) How's the concussion looking...Petty going to play? 2.) Why the change of heart? Last week you said that you thought K-State was going to win.

Splits
12-03-2014, 11:38 PM
I know all that Splitty. I've read that before and I've heard that from the "experts" already. You might not think it...but I actually keep up with college football and I know what I'm talking about most of the time.

You said that the K State/Baylor winner is conference champion. That's not true....it's not. If K-State wins....they are not conference champs. If Baylor wins....they are conference co-champs. (Of course assuming that TCU beats Iowa St.)

And BTW....two quick questions. 1.) How's the concussion looking...Petty going to play? 2.) Why the change of heart? Last week you said that you thought K-State was going to win.

If KState wins, they only have 1 conference loss, same as TCU. So, co-champs (same as if Baylor wins, h2h apparently doesn't matter)

1) Petty is fine, he's going to dominate Saturday night
2) I'm bi-polar. I've seen Baylor choke too many times. My first game as a teenager was at Kyle Field when they were 5-0 in 1991 and lost to Rice.

Silver&Black
12-04-2014, 12:11 AM
If KState wins, they only have 1 conference loss, same as TCU. So, co-champs (same as if Baylor wins, h2h apparently doesn't matter)

1) Petty is fine, he's going to dominate Saturday night
2) I'm bi-polar. I've seen Baylor choke too many times. My first game as a teenager was at Kyle Field when they were 5-0 in 1991 and lost to Rice.

Hold on....even if KState wins....only the conference schedule counts? Not the overall record? That's fucked up if true....Also, who was KState's non-conference loss?

And I can relate to your pain Splitty. I'm a Miss. St fan remember.....we've choked year after year after year.....after year. I can remember losing a big game against Auburn 3-2.

Splits
12-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Umm, yeah. Conference record determines conference standings. Just not h2h apparently. KState wins and TCU wins, they are co-champs in the Big12.

Splits
12-04-2014, 12:36 AM
And make your predictions Silver&Black

Silver&Black
12-04-2014, 12:38 AM
And make your predictions Silver&Black (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20666)

I've got 2 more days....

Flintstones32
12-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Arizona
Alabama
TCU
Florida State
Wisconsin
Kansas State

Robz4000
12-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Arizona
Alabama
TCU
Georgia Tech
Ohio State
Baylor

Phillip
12-04-2014, 03:24 PM
I've got 2 more days....

Dude you (and dumbjohn) aren't even a Spurs fan. And yet you log on to Spurstalk everyday. How fucking stupid is that. You're nothing but a hater and/or a troll. Seriously, WTF are you talking about.

All you do is hope the Spurs lose so you can create a LMAO Spurs thread...you think I give a fuck what you think? Don't the Mavericks have a forum?

Silver&Black
12-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Dude you (and dumbjohn) aren't even a Spurs fan. And yet you log on to Spurstalk everyday. How fucking stupid is that. You're nothing but a hater and/or a troll. Seriously, WTF are you talking about.

All you do is hope the Spurs lose so you can create a LMAO Spurs thread...you think I give a fuck what you think? Don't the Mavericks have a forum?

cool reply bro :tu

dirk4mvp
12-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Oregon
Bama (if Mizzou wins ST will announce it as a national holiday and declare Indiana as SEC Champs tbh)
TCU
Georgia Tech
Wisc
K-State

AlexJones
12-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Missouri covers

Spur-Addict
12-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Anybody watching the Oregon/Arizona game? Not much else on the telly right now with much meaning.

Spur-Addict
12-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Arizona caught a break there by holding them to 3 after the fumble.

Spur-Addict
12-05-2014, 10:04 PM
I don't see the big deal about M. Mariota

JMarkJohns
12-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Fuck me

tlongII
12-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Oregon is putting the wood to Arizona.

JMarkJohns
12-05-2014, 11:10 PM
They should be... Heisman QB vs. RS Freshman QB

But, fuck me this is atrocious.

tlongII
12-06-2014, 01:54 AM
Yeah but...

It's gonna be real difficult for Arizona to beat Oregon twice in the same year...

That said, Rodriguez was brought to Arizona for two reasons: offensive speed from a spread attack and a 3-3-5 system built to stop teams like Oregon.

If Anu plays like he did last two games, Arizona will win.

This team was assembled to not just hang with, but defeat Oregon.

Pelicans78
12-06-2014, 02:35 AM
Terrible game to watch. The crowd noise was barely audible on TV. Wasn't even a packed house.

Splits
12-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Terrible game to watch. The crowd noise was barely audible on TV. Wasn't even a packed house.

Better than those fucking cowbells from Mississippi, worse than the vuvuzelas from 2010 World Cup, shit should be banned

Robz4000
12-06-2014, 05:17 AM
:lol god damnit Arizona

Pelicans78
12-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Better than those fucking cowbells from Mississippi, worse than the vuvuzelas from 2010 World Cup, shit should be banned

Cowbells are terrible. I'm glad South Alabama banned them when Mississippi State came to Mobile this season.

Pelicans78
12-06-2014, 08:48 AM
I thought Oregon was the best team in the country before the game and they definitely confirmed it.

I like Bama to win easily as well. Really Oregon, Bama, and TCU are the 3 best teams in the country.

FkLA
12-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Honestly the CUSA title game should be more entertaining than most of the games in the OP.

Bama
TCU
FSU
OSU
KSU

Splits
12-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I've got 2 more days....

Hey asshole..... you already missed the Oregon demolition......

JMarkJohns
12-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Yeah but...

And? Rich Rod is 2-2 vs. Oregon, Anu didn't play well, and the defense was stout for the first 30 plays, despite almost never leaving the field thanks to offense.

Nothing I said was incorrect. As I said, it was going to bd tough beating Oregon twice in same season.

Oregon is without a doubt the better team.

Even after the early season win I'd never have said differently.

Arizona is typically just a tough matchup.

Just not last night after the 1st Quarter.

djohn2oo8
12-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Baylor looking good.

djohn2oo8
12-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Winston treating GT defense like he does women.

Pelicans78
12-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Ohio State's gonna get it in with this performance. TCU needs a FSU loss and a close Baylor win to get in. If FSU wins then TCU and the Big 12 is out.

djohn2oo8
12-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Ohio State's gonna get it in with this performance. TCU needs a FSU loss and a close Baylor win to get in. If FSU wins then TCU and the Big 12 is out.

Ohio State is not replacing TCU.

Pelicans78
12-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Ohio State is not replacing TCU.

I'm not sure. The media is gonna hype them out especially winning with their 3rd string in a rout against a solid Wisconsin team. I really think the committee has a prisoner in the moment attitude and has trouble looking at the whole body of work which Ohio State fails compared to TCU.

Pelicans78
12-06-2014, 10:24 PM
TCU's really no worse than Bama or Oregon but they don't get the hype.

hehateme
12-06-2014, 11:08 PM
I hate when people hype a shitty team like Wisconsin...look at who they played and won against and then compare to TCU, now point and laugh at Ohio St. for not putting a better OOC schedule together. Even Baylor deserves it over Ohio St.

Blizzardwizard
12-06-2014, 11:30 PM
The whole system is corrupt and flawed if TCU, clearly a way better football team than Baylor or Ohio State don't get in.

I'm getting the :lmao ready for tomorrow.

Amarelooms
12-06-2014, 11:36 PM
The whole system is corrupt and flawed if TCU, clearly a way better football team than Baylor or Ohio State don't get in.

I'm getting the :lmao ready for tomorrow.

Pretty sure Ohio state gets in now and TCU & Baylor out. That way don't have to worry with BS Baylor fan saying they won head-head. Plus B12 doesn't have actual championship game. Its over top 4:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU

:elephant

Robz4000
12-06-2014, 11:38 PM
TCU will get in. If anyone is out its FSU, undefeated or not.

Blizzardwizard
12-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Pretty sure Ohio state gets in now and TCU & Baylor out. That way don't have to worry with BS Baylor fan saying they won head-head. Plus B12 doesn't have actual championship game. Its over top 4:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. OSU

:elephant

Why are people pretending that the Big 10 is a great conference all of a sudden? Cakewalk of a run except Michigan State tbh.

pgardn
12-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Herbstreet has basically stated tonite that TCU is out in his world.

Amarelooms
12-06-2014, 11:42 PM
TCU will get in. If anyone is out its FSU, undefeated or not.

No way...Alabama/Oregon and FSU all in 100%

leemajors
12-06-2014, 11:43 PM

Imagine that, Mr. OSU himself gmafb

Robz4000
12-06-2014, 11:46 PM
No way...Alabama/Oregon and FSU all in 100%

FSU struggled to beat mediocre competition while TCU and Baylor beat top teams left and right. Hell, even Ohio State has a more impressive resume. If both FSU and OSU get in we might as well not even have a playoff and just get to Bama/Oregon.

DMX7
12-06-2014, 11:53 PM

lol, they'd be in if it were Michigan sitting in tOSU's shoes right now.

pgardn
12-06-2014, 11:59 PM
TCU would be in if they were UT imo.

JMarkJohns
12-07-2014, 12:00 AM
I don't get the love for the Big-10... who have they beat? Each other? Ohio State beat Michigan State, who beat nobody, and Wisconsin, who beat nobody. So...

Fuck, half of Arizona's games came against top-25 teams, 3 of which were top-10 teams, those three plus Utah make for 3 true road and 1 neutral site road games against top-25 squads.

They, Arizona, for as big a laughingstock as they are at the moment for getting run last night, was 3-2 vs. top-25 entering last night, with a top-3 win.

So, I'm fully in favor of saying "Your shit conferences buoyed your mediocre team" and give the nod to teams like Baylor/TCU over FSU and Ohio State.

Who has Florida State even played? 3-loss Notre Dame? Georgia Tech? Who have they played? Georgia? Is that it?

Winning games vs. teams who win games isn't tantamount to being a good team.

Play someone. Beat someone. Or STFU...

DMX7
12-07-2014, 12:00 AM
TCU would be in if they were UT imo.

Of course, and there is an outside shot they will still be in.

NFO
12-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Imagine that, Mr. OSU himself gmafb

You do realize most tOSU fans disown him right??

pgardn
12-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Of course, and there is an outside shot they will still be in.

Ohio ST. Has by far the worse loss of any of the top 6.
But it was early in the season.

leemajors
12-07-2014, 12:09 AM

Sheeeeeeeit, forgot about that, thanks. But it's just still how he comes off imo :lol

pgardn
12-07-2014, 12:11 AM

Yes.
Because he has attempted in the past to be neutral and Colombus is full of crazy fucks.

leemajors
12-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Yes.
Because he has attempted in the past to be neutral and Colombus is full of crazy fucks.

if he tried to come off like Aikman neutral towards the boys I would completely understand. I prefer Johnston saying straight out that is his bias.

NFO
12-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Sheeeeeeeit, forgot about that, thanks. But it's just still how he comes off imo :lol

Yep :lol

JMarkJohns
12-07-2014, 12:51 AM
CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 SEC-WEST (A) ...........= 92.42 92.22 ( 1) 7 92.26 ( 1)
2 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) ......= 81.30 79.87 ( 2) 6 80.51 ( 2)
3 SEC-EAST (A) ...........= 80.10 79.19 ( 3) 7 79.92 ( 3)
4 BIG 12 (A) .............= 79.27 78.96 ( 4) 10 79.12 ( 4)
5 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) ......= 75.60 76.53 ( 5) 6 75.99 ( 5)
6 BIG TEN-WEST (A) .......= 74.90 74.96 ( 8) 7 74.91 ( 6)
7 BIG TEN-EAST (A) .......= 74.27 75.42 ( 6) 7 74.73 ( 8)
8 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) .......= 74.24 73.30 ( 9) 7 73.87 ( 9)
9 ACC-COASTAL (A) ........= 74.21 75.01 ( 7) 7 74.82 ( 7)
10 MWC-MOUNTAIN (A) ......= 67.56 67.26 ( 10) 6 67.42 ( 10)

Splits
12-07-2014, 02:09 AM
Well at least the Playoff Overlords are fucked and the new "system" is exposed fraudulent in its first season. Can't believe my boys are going to get snubbed by either a Big 10 team or a team they beat.

JMarkJohns
12-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Well at least the Playoff Overlords are fucked and the new "system" is exposed fraudulent in its first season. Can't believe my boys are going to get snubbed by either a Big 10 team or a team they beat.

Don't lose to a shitty team and you're in.

Splits
12-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Don't lose to a shitty team and you're in.

Like Arizona? What other team has 2 top-15 wins, including a top-6?

JMarkJohns
12-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Arizona has three top-25 wins, two top-15, one top-2

Only losses were to final top-25 teams.

Wanna try again?

JoeTait75
12-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Yes.

Herbie's problem is he's overly conscious of being a Buckeye and tries too hard to compensate for it. So he ends up pissing everyone off. He's like the Tom Friedman of college football analysts. And he doesn't get the leeway from OSU fans that guys like Robert Smith and Chris Spielman get, because those guys were great players and Herbie, well, wasn't.

It's a tough spot for the committee. I think Ohio State, Baylor and TCU all have equal arguments. The way things are set up, once you lose a game you lose control over your own destiny. Obviously I'd like the Buckeyes to get in but I'm certainly not going to shit on what Baylor and TCU have accomplished this year.

I'll tell you, though- the Ohio State team that played last night is good enough to play with anyone. 59-0 with a third-string QB speaks volumes. And Wisconsin almost always gives the Buckeyes a great game. I never would have believed Ohio State could win the way they did.

JoeTait75
12-07-2014, 09:52 AM

1.) The best playoff is still 16 teams with auto-bids for all conference champs along with at-large bids.

2.) The Big 12 either needs to award the conference title to the winner of the head-to-head matchup between the two co-champs, or they need a contigency for a playoff in the event two teams tie for the title. Not having a conference title game hurts in situations like these- it hurt the B1G for a long time.