PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: A Nets fan was dragged out of MSG

horsielove
12-03-2014, 12:46 PM
http://thebrooklyngame.com/nets-super-fan-jeffrey-gamblero-dragged-msg-without-prosthetic-leg/

thoughts on this?

Dex
12-03-2014, 01:02 PM
The Nets have fans?

monosylab1k
12-03-2014, 01:27 PM
He received multiple warnings. Sounds like this guy didn't have a leg to stand on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34

jeebus
12-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Why does OP love horse imo?

Cry Havoc
12-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Wow mono sighting. :wow

FlAVaK
12-03-2014, 05:23 PM
UPDATE: A fan named Max was sitting behind Gamblero. Here’s his first-hand account of the situation (all typos/errors are [sic]):

(Gamblero) was being his usual self, absolutely no cursing, no negative cheering, just dancing and loud cheering for the Nets. Never attacked a Knicks fan, never got out of hand.

After halftime a guard came up and told him to “cool down and just be a fan.” Obviously didn’t know who he was. He said what did I do wrong? Should I be quiet? They said no, just cool it down. He started loudly cheering FOR the Knicks doing “go New York go New York go,” etc. The guards came back and told him to stop. He said why? Is this a library?

Then the main guard on the floor gave the signal to kick him out. He would not leave. A guard then touched his leg and he said “ouch you’re hurting me I have a prosthetic leg.” He then took off the leg, which is when things escalated.

More and more guards surrounded him as he watched the game with his leg resting on his shoulder. They tried to get him to put his leg on, threatened to arrest him if he wouldn’t, but he wasn’t moving.

He started saying “why are you doing this I just love basketball so much,” he was clearly overwhelmed.

After about ten minutes, four guards grabbed him and carried him out as he screamed in pain.

I am a lifelong Nets fan but regardless, this was one of the cruelest and most upsetting things I have ever seen.

:lmao

Mugen
12-03-2014, 05:44 PM
If I was known as a "Nets Super Fan," I'd probably have committed suicide by cop right then and there tbh.

hater
12-03-2014, 05:46 PM
"I want a refund! I paid an arm and a leg for this ticket!"

Robz4000
12-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Why does OP love horse imo?

Came in here to ask this and ma nig beat me to it. Well done.

ElNono
12-16-2014, 12:47 PM
If I was known as a "Nets Super Fan," I'd probably have committed suicide by cop right then and there tbh.

Jeffrey Vanchiro, 38, dies after fall

NEW YORK -- Jeffrey Vanchiro, a popular Brooklyn Nets fan, died Sunday night from injuries he sustained when he jumped out of a second-story window at his father's house in Flushing, Queens, on Saturday night.

Jeffrey Gamblero, a popular Nets fan, died Sunday night due to injuries he sustained when he jumped out of a second-story window at his father's house in Queens.

Vanchiro, commonly known as Jeffrey Gamblero, was 38.

The Nets offered their condolences in a statement.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12030579/brooklyn-nets-superfan-jeffrey-gamblero-dies-jump-window

Bulaien999
12-16-2014, 01:10 PM

With no regard to human life :depressed

Mugen
12-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Don't blame me, blame Billy King tbh.

Splits
12-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Wait a minute. Am I reading this correctly? Two weeks ago a man with one leg was given a permaban from Nets games and, because of that, he offed himself?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/lol.gif

Splits
12-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Makes me wonder where xmas' obit is...

Thread
12-16-2014, 02:30 PM
^As long as you voluntarily disqualify yourself, Splits the gene pool just improved.

Dex
12-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Wait a minute. Am I reading this correctly? Two weeks ago a man with one leg was given a permaban from Nets games and, because of that, he offed himself?

The real question is...who the hell commits suicide by jumping out of a second story window? I'm amazed he actually died and didn't just end up paralyzed or shove his ankle bones through his knees.

Strange Love
12-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Jeffrey Vanchiro, 38, dies after fall

NEW YORK -- Jeffrey Vanchiro, a popular Brooklyn Nets fan, died Sunday night from injuries he sustained when he jumped out of a second-story window at his father's house in Flushing, Queens, on Saturday night.

Jeffrey Gamblero, a popular Nets fan, died Sunday night due to injuries he sustained when he jumped out of a second-story window at his father's house in Queens.

Vanchiro, commonly known as Jeffrey Gamblero, was 38.

The Nets offered their condolences in a statement.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12030579/brooklyn-nets-superfan-jeffrey-gamblero-dies-jump-window

That article reads like an onion piece. :lol

On a more serious note, RIP.

I'd sue the shit out of the MSG Arena if I was related to the dude. Theres money to be picked there.

Trainwreck2100
12-16-2014, 06:12 PM

different guys

ElNono
12-16-2014, 06:14 PM
different guys

No, actually it's the same guy. From the article:

Vanchiro, who was recently in the news after security removed him from Madison Square Garden without his prosthetic leg, sustained severe brain damage and a fractured spinal cord as a result of the fall, according to his fiancée, Kristi Evans.

Trainwreck2100
12-16-2014, 06:22 PM
No, actually it's the same guy. From the article:

Vanchiro, who was recently in the news after security removed him from Madison Square Garden without his prosthetic leg, sustained severe brain damage and a fractured spinal cord as a result of the fall, according to his fiancée, Kristi Evans.

well then, carry on

baseline bum
12-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Damn, if this is how Nets fan handles losing all their picks I'm worried for cubby and that one wetback Laker fan who posts here.

Thread
12-16-2014, 07:03 PM
^"We" have to handle our shit. Your shit just gets put out on the curb & is "picked up in the dark" where nobody can see, like the Bexar County judge makin' a house call to casa Duncan.

Motherfuckers.

ElNono
12-16-2014, 07:11 PM
^ angry fan

Thread
12-16-2014, 07:11 PM
^I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

ElNono
12-16-2014, 07:20 PM
^ you're a chickenshit

you shit chickens.

Thread
12-16-2014, 07:23 PM
^ you're a chickenshit

you shit chickens.

:rolleyes

Jenks
12-17-2014, 10:26 AM
"Evans, in an interview earlier Sunday at the hospital, said she believed the Dec. 2 incident during a Nets-Knicks game at MSG changed Vanchiro for the worse."After that, he was a completely different person," an emotional Evans said. "He was paranoid. He was erratic. He was frightened. He was horrified. He was a bit delusional. And he was having a lot of trouble sleeping. He couldn't sleep at all. When he would sleep or try to sleep, it would only take about 10 to 15 minutes before he would wake up screaming, covered in sweat.""

Yikes