PDA

View Full Version : Any Spurs Love in Houston?

sandman
08-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Against my better judgement I chased the almighty dollar down I-10 and have found myself living in the suburb of Rocket Hell. Any other Spurs fans out here in Houston? I am constantly amazed at the amount of Spurs gear rolling through this town. It never fails though that at least once a week as I am parked on the Katy Freeway some mullet-wearing Rocket fan will lean out of his 20 year old rusted out truck and start screaming about how Hakeem schooled David back in '95. Truly pitiful. In fact, the first time every Rocket fan finds out I am from SA, that same statement pops out of their pie hole like projectile hurling. What? The two rings during MJ's banishment were not legitimate enough for them that they must resort to the "our center was better than your center 10 years ago" angle? Truly pitiful. Thank God I am a Spurs fan.

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
I lived an hour from Houston for 2 years but that was awhile back.

angel_luv
08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
I was in Houston from April 2004 to December of last year. You have my sympathy!

Thank God I am back in the Promised Land!

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 10:51 PM
I think I lived near Houston 99 1/2 - 01 1/2

Horry For 3!
08-29-2005, 10:52 PM
My 2nd semester of my 8th grade and I moved my 2nd semster of 10th.

Jelly
08-29-2005, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=KTspursfan]Against my better judgement I chased the almighty dollar down I-10 and have found myself living in the suburb of Rocket Hell. Any other Spurs fans out here in Houston? QUOTE]

that's what you get for selling your soul to satan. Houston sucks.

wildbill2u
08-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Against my better judgement I chased the almighty dollar down I-10 and have found myself living in the suburb of Rocket Hell. Any other Spurs fans out here in Houston? I am constantly amazed at the amount of Spurs gear rolling through this town. It never fails though that at least once a week as I am parked on the Katy Freeway some mullet-wearing Rocket fan will lean out of his 20 year old rusted out truck and start screaming about how Hakeem schooled David back in '95. Truly pitiful. In fact, the first time every Rocket fan finds out I am from SA, that same statement pops out of their pie hole like projectile hurling. What? The two rings during MJ's banishment were not legitimate enough for them that they must resort to the "our center was better than your center 10 years ago" angle? Truly pitiful. Thank God I am a Spurs fan.

I live out by Clear Lake. Spent the 95 series in a sports bar filled with Rocket Fans who came out here to see the home games on TV because it was more than 35 mi. from city. A very rough time when Dream was beating up on Dave Robinson.

First thing ya gotta watch is that you have to stop at the corner on green lights and look both ways, 'cause there's always an idiot running the red.

Tek_XX
08-30-2005, 03:06 AM
There's gotta be hundreds of Spurs fan in the Houston area. And hey you can now use the "Whose got more rings" line.

Gordo
08-30-2005, 03:07 AM
I was born there. Lived ther for two years and I have
been in SA since then. Spur for life!

gospursgojas
08-30-2005, 03:12 AM
Damn Im amazed on how many people from SA tried Houston and found it as horrible as I did. I lived there for a year, also chasing the $$$, but found living there wasnt worth the money and left my job and moved here

George Gervin's Afro
08-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Native son living in Houston since 1998. I lived in Biloxi and Gulport MS and and then made my way to Southern Miss from 92-98. On a side note.. I have a feeling the apt complex on the news , that referred to 30 people being killed in Biloxi, is the one I used to live in. Anyway, there are some of us in H-Town...

nateb40
08-30-2005, 08:21 AM
I currently live in Houston. I got the best brithday present this past week. My best friend here in Houston who is a die hard rockets fan became a Spurs for the day. So I took advantage of it and I got a pick of us both wearing Spurs jerseys.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-30-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm all about the Spurs in Houston. I came here for college in 2001, and made more than a few friends who are Rockets fans. It's been kind of funny to listen to their tunes changing through the years. At first it was, "Dream schooled David, that's why we have more rings." Then in 2003 it became, "So what if they won two titles? They couldn't do it back to back like the Rockets did." And now it's, "This is the Rockets year, man." Gotta love the Spurs, and you gotta hate this shithole of a city.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Man fuck Houston, i went there during the playoffs to go to Astroworld and it so happened that the Spurs were playing the Suns. So i stopped at Hooters with my girl to watch the game, and we were the only ones screaming at the top of our lungs wearing Ginobili jerseys everyone else was looking at us wierd, there was even a group going for the Suns those bastards. We wound up losing that game too i was really pissed, Houston, TX can suck it those fucking sore ass losers

romsho
08-30-2005, 09:03 AM
I've lived here for ten years. I think for the most part Rocket fans have been beaten into submission by the Spurs success in the Tim Duncan era. Even in the two games a year at the Toyota center, with numerous Spurs fans representing, the back and forth amongst both sides is pretty tame. Personally, any time I'm wearing gear the comments from Rocket fans have an unusual amount of respect attached to them. They all seem to understand what time it is.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Not when i was there, i swear i ate at Hooters and people were all pissed that the Spurs were winning and when id stand up and clap when Manu would do some outlandish shit, they would all turn look at me, then turn back to the screen and be like "Alright come on Nash beat those fucking Spurs" i was like motherfucker...

nateb40
08-30-2005, 09:58 AM
My friend who I took a picture with and I usually go to every SA/Rockets in SA or Houston. To bad for him the last 4 years(I have only lived in houston for 4 years) the ride back to Houston has been bad for him. My favorite is the last few years when ever the rockets beat SA the Spurs win the Championship. It makes the trash talking so much more fun. "We got 13 points in 35 seconds" " We got our third Championship in 7 years" I usually win this arguement. "You didnt win back to back titles" The rockets are the only team in the last 25 years that hasent won 3 Championships!" They dont like this arguement either.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
yeah you keep telling those sore ass Rockets fans that they will never win a championship as long as the Spurs are in the playoffs

MiNuS
08-30-2005, 10:09 AM
I lived in Houston from 1974 through 1977. I don't like the Rockets but I really like the play of TMac! by far a more respectable BB player than Kobe.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 10:17 AM
oh yes i have to agree with you i think TMAC is the greatest player in the league next to Tim Duncan right now, he can flat out play ball

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-30-2005, 10:22 AM
yeah you keep telling those sore ass Rockets fans that they will never win a championship as long as the Spurs are in the playoffs

Usually I tell them the Rockets will never win a championship with Yao on the team, despite that being Stern's wet dream.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Yao sucks horribly, the reason i say that, is simply because he plays softer than Rasho and he's a bigger person than Rasho. Thats just like another level of suck, they are damn lucky to have TMAC on that team.

MiNuS
08-30-2005, 10:30 AM
oh yes i have to agree with you i think TMAC is the greatest player in the league next to Tim Duncan right now, he can flat out play ballTMac carried last years team. Ming = M.iss.ing.

Tmac has the same killer instict as Manu.

sandman
08-30-2005, 02:36 PM
For those of you here in Clutch(ing their throats) City, consider this an open invite (dutch of course because I am a cheap bastard) to meet at BW3 at Westheimer/Kirkwood on game nights.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 02:48 PM
from Houston nah but if your ever in town during game nights here hit the board up there is always something going on

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Yao's restaurant is about 10 minutes away from my apartment. Part of me wants to get a GTG there when the Spurs play the Rockets.

batman2883
08-30-2005, 02:56 PM
dang i wonder if its a chinese restraunt

Extra Stout
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
The East End is the place to be in Houston. It's like an oasis of San Antonio in the middle of the desert.

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Rockets fans are the absolute worst. Nothing pleases me more than seeing the Spurs win title after title while the Rockets struggle to get back to respectability.

On a side note I will have the opportunity to attend every Spurs game at the Toyota Center next season in a suite.

Can't wait. :smokin

nateb40
08-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey sparky would have room for an additional Spurs fan

SPARKY
08-30-2005, 04:30 PM
If it was SPARKY's suite you would.

sandman
08-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Yao's restaurant is about 10 minutes away from my apartment. Part of me wants to get a GTG there when the Spurs play the Rockets.

I live in Katy but work just up Gessner from Yao's. There or the BW3 at Kirkwood. When I first moved here in '03 I lived in a hotel in Westchase waiting for the house to be built. I hit every Spurs game at the BW3 and many nights a Rocket game was on also. Pissed them off when I had them change one of the TV's to the Spurs game!