PDA

View Full Version : Pop tells Green to shut the F*** up lol

007nites
12-04-2014, 03:45 PM
bFFvShURQ5k

Look at TP's reaction in the end lol. Just a starring Danny down.

hater
12-04-2014, 03:53 PM
that was right after Manu jacked up a brick from 25 foot

I don't blame Danny IMO. he should have got that shot, he knew it and he was livid and lost it.

time to move on...

ElNono
12-04-2014, 03:56 PM
bFFvShURQ5k

Look at TP's reaction in the end lol. Just a starring Danny down.

Does Danny has a GF, tbh?

SnakeBoy
12-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Do you think DG will leave when his contract is up or choose to keep being Pop's whipping boy?

BillMc
12-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Danny made a mistake. Pop made sure he'll remember it. It's all about improving as the season goes on...

Malik Hairston
12-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Do you think DG will leave when his contract is up or choose to keep being Pop's whipping boy?

They seem to have a pretty good relationship, tbh..they made a joke about it in the locker room after winning the championship IIRC..

Blake
12-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Danny should have got the shot. Danny also should shut the fuck up.

Raven
12-04-2014, 04:16 PM
damn pop is so awsome when he's mad

SnakeBoy
12-04-2014, 04:23 PM
They seem to have a pretty good relationship, tbh..they made a joke about it in the locker room after winning the championship IIRC..

Well that's good. Pop seems tougher on Green than he was on young TP and I've never seen Pop give Green any love so I've always wondered about it.

Chinook
12-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Well that's good. Pop seems tougher on Green than he was on young TP and I've never seen Pop give Green any love so I've always wondered about it.

Pop doesn't like to talk about how good of a player Green is. He'll only mention how much better he his than he used to be. He treats him the exact opposite from how he treats Leonard, whom he coddles more than any Spurs I remember. Gotta chalk it up to psychology.

SsKSpurs21
12-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Pop doesn't like to talk about how good of a player Green is. He'll only mention how much better he his than he used to be. He treats him the exact opposite from how he treats Leonard, whom he coddles more than any Spurs I remember. Gotta chalk it up to psychology.

noticed this as well. Green works so much harder to please pop since pop is always yelling at him. and for leonard he is being that father figure that leonard does not have.

ElNono
12-04-2014, 04:50 PM

My read is Danny is still the kind of guy that's into the whole 'celebrity' stuff, twitteratzi, night clubs, street cred, etc... I think Pop values a lot what he brings on the court (he wouldn't have signed him to a deal otherwise), but you get the feeling he would like to work on the growing up aspect too, and tough love is part of that arsenal, obviously. Leonard seems much more of a family guy and gym rat.

Mugen
12-04-2014, 04:55 PM
lol #holocaust tbh.

FkLA
12-04-2014, 05:01 PM

Nah it's their respective personalities. Pop is great at reading them, I think that's the reason behind it not favoritism.

Kawhi is a soft spoken kid who until recently probably had no idea just how good he could be. With Danny you can tell he's got a lot of swag...plenty of confidence in himself.I think we'd see more stuff like those retarded floaters off the dribble if he wasn't kept on short leash. Not that he's bad guy but when your swag is at a million you tend to do some stupid shit imho

FkLA
12-04-2014, 05:06 PM
My read is Danny is still the kind of guy that's into the whole 'celebrity' stuff, twitteratzi, night clubs, street cred, etc... I think Pop values a lot what he brings on the court (he wouldn't have signed him to a deal otherwise), but you get the feeling he would like to work on the growing up aspect too, and tough love is part of that arsenal, obviously. Leonard seems much more of a family guy and gym rat.

This too. Probably why Young Enrique got the same treatment.

TheGreatYacht
12-04-2014, 05:37 PM

I don't blame Danny IMO. he should have got that shot, he knew it and he was livid and lost it.

time to move on...

hater
12-04-2014, 06:05 PM

that makes a lot of sense. no wonder Pop was so hard on SJax :rolleyes

DesignatedT
12-04-2014, 06:07 PM

:lol that wasn't what happened at all.

tbh there were multiple spurs out there who could have been called for a foul there when the nets were bringing the ball up after that rebound. Danny saw how his teammates were playing the ball and thought that's what they were supposed to be doing. The other guys realized after a few seconds that they didn't need to foul but Danny didn't see that and continued to mug the ball handler. Pop should have been yelling at all of them tbh.

hater
12-04-2014, 06:10 PM
agree ^

pretty pathetic of POP to go off at Danny when he had the ginger trotting around for 30 minutes and jacking up ingots

benstanfield
12-04-2014, 06:12 PM
"I called 4down goddamnit!"

MaNu4Tres
12-04-2014, 06:20 PM
:lol that wasn't what happened at all.

tbh there were multiple spurs out there who could have been called for a foul there when the nets were bringing the ball up after that rebound. Danny saw how his teammates were playing the ball and thought that's what they were supposed to be doing. The other guys realized after a few seconds that they didn't need to foul but Danny didn't see that and continued to mug the ball handler. Pop should have been yelling at all of them tbh.

1. No Spur on the court was anxious to foul when Nets were bringing the ball up -- so I don't agree with you there. In foul situations, usually playerS (plural) all flock to the ball handler to get an immediate foul to preserve as much time as possible.

2. Pop was yelling at Danny to not foul before Danny fouled.

3. Regardless of the shot selection by Manu and missing an open Danny, there's no excuse for the silly mistake of fouling in that situation.

Blake
12-04-2014, 06:27 PM
http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Danny-Green-Kawhi-Leonard.jpg

Kawhi I'm gonna let you marry my daughter. Danny I gonna need you to mow my yard. 1 2 3 break.

ElNono
12-04-2014, 06:28 PM

What? Pop was nice to Jax? :lmao

He lowballed him right after winning a championship and then he kicked him out to the curb right before the playoffs when he thought he was better than he really was. The difference between Danny and Jax is that Danny will deal with the growing up process, Jax didn't.

Blair was another guy too much into the 'celeb/hood' stuff, and not surprisingly, he's out of the team too...

Chris
12-04-2014, 06:28 PM
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1484630_753935144660666_6640071870444381444_n.jpg? oh=8561d16dce9315a9d3a4ac7e17e319f5&oe=550E2E9E

ElNono
12-04-2014, 06:30 PM
In the big scheme of things, it's not a big deal. You want Danny to fuck up fouling in a December game, not during the playoffs, tbh...

hater
12-04-2014, 06:36 PM
What? Pop was nice to Jax? :lmao

He lowballed him right after winning a championship and then he kicked him out to the curb right before the playoffs when he thought he was better than he really was. The difference between Danny and Jax is that Danny will deal with the growing up process, Jax didn't.

that was years later after Jax proclaimed himself better than both green and manu and started shit in the locker room. revisionist history is fun eh? :rolleyes

SnakeBoy
12-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Since we're talking about Green. Why does he always have the sniffles when he's being interviewed? Is it allergies, Pop always yelling at him, or just a habit he picked up from his dad?

Chris
12-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Since we're talking about Green. Why does he always have the sniffles when he's being interviewed? Is it allergies, Pop always yelling at him, or just a habit he picked up from his dad?

Probably allergies. People that aren't from Texas, especially the hill country aren't ready for the cedar and oak pollens. Mold is also a bitch here

ElNono
12-04-2014, 06:45 PM
that was years later after Jax proclaimed himself better than both green and manu and started shit in the locker room. revisionist history is fun eh? :rolleyes

:lol how is lowballing him after winning a championship, and effectively letting him walk, "years later"?

Pop always had tough love for the street-cred guys. He'll put them in a position where you have to choose between earning your stripes making sacrifices or walking away. Tony stayed, Jax walked away.

It's part of the whole "character" thingie the Spurs are so proud of.

ElNono
12-04-2014, 06:51 PM

Nothing is more annoying than Dirk fixing up his jersey every 10 seconds...

hater
12-04-2014, 07:01 PM

:lol

I find this even moreso

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jameer_nelson_68-160x180.jpg

ElNono
12-04-2014, 07:08 PM

I find this even moreso

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jameer_nelson_68-160x180.jpg

Yeah, Curry is another motherfucker that can't stop chewing on that shit

Chris
12-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Billups licking his lips every time he shot a free throw used to piss me off :lol

Bartleby
12-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Players licking their hands at the free throw line seems worse.

RD2191
12-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Players licking their hands at the free throw line seems worse.
Steve Nash always grossed me the fuck out with that shit.

Spur|n|Austin
12-04-2014, 08:42 PM
http://gifyu.com/images/PopovichChewsOutDannyGreen.gif

100%duncan
12-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Non-issue. DG is a grown man and you should shut the fuck up when the coach is saying something.

DMC
12-04-2014, 10:43 PM
That's called coaching. That's called being coached. There are a ton of teams in the league right now that could use a coach who doesn't pull punches.

Budkin
12-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Danny loves Pop.

tim_duncan_fan
12-04-2014, 10:54 PM
So that look from Parker was just that look you give your brother when Moms is going off on his ass and you're trying not to laugh.

tmtcsc
12-04-2014, 11:14 PM
So that look from Parker was just that look you give your brother when Moms is going off on his ass and you're trying not to laugh.

lol, yep.

Embedded
12-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Does Danny has a GF, tbh? LOL, Not that night

Phenomanul
12-05-2014, 12:46 AM

This

:lol how is lowballing him after winning a championship, and effectively letting him walk, "years later"?

Pop always had tough love for the street-cred guys. He'll put them in a position where you have to choose between earning your stripes making sacrifices or walking away. Tony stayed, Jax walked away.

It's part of the whole "character" thingie the Spurs are so proud of.

and this...

BTW hater doesn't get it... He's just mad Pop wasn't yelling at Bonner or Ginobili, who he wants to blame for everything...

Venti Quattro
12-05-2014, 02:18 AM
http://gifyu.com/images/PopovichChewsOutDannyGreen.gif

Lol "don't say anything anymore just shut the fuck up"

Holden_Caulfield
12-05-2014, 02:23 AM
:lol man that shit is funny

SayTown
12-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Pop you shut the fu*k up, if it wasn't for you playing bonner danny green wouldn't have to bail your ass out

Waps1980
12-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Pop knows how to get the most out of his players, by giving DG a rocket it makes him play harder.
Leonard needs to be pushed and encouraged thats what makes him play better.

Every player is different, and Pop is the master of pulling strings.

After 24 hours he would have caught up with Danny and talked it out so they can both move on.
Thats what a good coach does and Pop is known to do that exact thing.

scanry
12-05-2014, 05:56 AM
If this riles them up, they should've seen what we had to go through with the Bonner/Finley/Gooden/Oberto/Hill/Blair lineup. Give or take, that was our second unit from 2008-2010. Add that faggot Dicky J into the mix and we can call it square. Watching that lineup probably made Tim Duncan older & slower tbh.

BTW the 2011 Spurs would've gotten swept by them Mavs. I have over 30 Spurs games from the 2011 regular season and people don't realize how weak the league was back then. The only elite teams that year were the Mavs & the Heat tbh.

pgardn
12-05-2014, 09:38 AM

Yeah.
Pop used him and axed him. Twice.
So where is Sjax now?

If you plan on hating, please try to be a competent hater.

Spur|n|Austin
12-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Pop you shut the fu*k up, if it wasn't for you playing bonner danny green wouldn't have to bail your ass out

:cry

LoneStarState'sPride
12-05-2014, 10:12 AM

Jesus Christ, thank you for mentioning this. Irksome as fuck.

rude1_79
12-05-2014, 10:42 AM
3. Regardless of the shot selection by Manu and missing an open Danny, there's no excuse for the silly mistake of fouling in that situation.

word.

peacemaker885
12-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Green needs Pop to be effective. The shouting and frothing at the mouth kind of Pop. Otherwise DG is just not effective IMO.

spurspokesman
12-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Ginobili should have gotten an ear full also

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Ginobili should have gotten an ear full also
Nope that's his gay lover, tbh

Before the season started last year he made the whole team watch Green's mistakes in Game 6... Not Manu's... Green's mistakes

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Green needs Pop to be effective. The shouting and frothing at the mouth kind of Pop. Otherwise DG is just not effective IMO.
Hate when people say this. No wonder free agents never come here... Pop and his "system" always take the credit for the performances of players.
Diaw = washed until he went to Pop.
Green = a D-League player who has a career thanks to Pop.
Kawhi = a role player who wouldn't have success in another team
Duncan = is ONLY playing good at this age because of Pop
Parker = system makes him look better, CP3 doesn't have a "system"
Mills = lol another Gary Neal who would be a failure without Pop

The players don't make the shots. Apparently Popovich makes them

Chinook
12-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Agrer with the heart of what TGY is saying. Players make the system, not the other way around. Doesn't mean Pop doesn't bring the best out of them, but people discredit players too much. Pop didn't make Danny a great player. He always had the talent and the ability to fit in with a championship team. A poor team can misuse him, but plenty of other coaches could have Green produce.

hater
12-05-2014, 02:40 PM
:lol so now Pop was yelling at Green because he frequents the club scene and twitter...

:lmao

RD2191
12-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Grown man sport and all but I'd never let another man talk to me that way. Fuck that. Especially on television. Pop probably loves DG but that shit won't fly with me.

justinandimcool
12-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Players who can't handle Pop can leave tbh

Kool Bob Love
12-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Grown man sport and all but I'd never let another man talk to me that way. Fuck that. Especially on television. Pop probably loves DG but that shit won't fly with me.
Shut the fuck up. You soft. Try me.

RD2191
12-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Shut the fuck up. You soft. Try me.
Come at me bro.

ElNono
12-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Agrer with the heart of what TGY is saying. Players make the system, not the other way around. Doesn't mean Pop doesn't bring the best out of them, but people discredit players too much. Pop didn't make Danny a great player. He always had the talent and the ability to fit in with a championship team. A poor team can misuse him, but plenty of other coaches could have Green produce.

This is correct, but being extremely talented doesn't always translate into making the team better. A lot of cases of that all around the league (JR Smith, Rudy Gay, even Melo...)

That's really Pop's job: finding the right role for a complementary player to extract the most out of said player. And he largely does a bang up job at it. A lot of players that were underwhelming flourish on the Spurs (and some of them go back into obscurity once they leave).

Chinook
12-05-2014, 05:40 PM
This is correct, but being extremely talented doesn't always translate into making the team better. A lot of cases of that all around the league (JR Smith, Rudy Gay, even Melo...)

That's really Pop's job: finding the right role for a complementary player to extract the most out of said player. And he largely does a bang up job at it. A lot of players that were underwhelming flourish on the Spurs (and some of them go back into obscurity once they leave).

That's fine. Pop's the best coach in the league for a reason. People underestimate how bad Mike Brown is at developing/using talent, though. Just because he (and Byr:loln Sc:lol:tt) didn't give Danny a chance doesn't mean other coaches wouldn't have. Dude was lighting up the d-league, and there are always stories of guys who work their way up to being a starter.

ElNono
12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
That's fine. Pop's the best coach in the league for a reason. People underestimate how bad Mike Brown is at developing/using talent, though. Just because he (and Byr:loln Sc:lol:tt) didn't give Danny a chance doesn't mean other coaches wouldn't have. Dude was lighting up the d-league, and there are always stories of guys who work their way up to being a starter.

I think you're talking about innate talent, and on that aspect I don't disagree. But the main knock on Danny when he almost fell out of the league is that he thought he was a million dollar guy, but his professionalism/coachability wasn't there. He had to get to the edge of the precipice to beg and really realize he had to do anything he's asked for to stick around. To his credit, he has. You just get the feeling Pop likes to re-assert that here and there. I actually think Danny is one of Pop's favorites, he just can't come out and say it outright because stroking that ego could backfire.

dabom
12-05-2014, 06:23 PM
I think you're talking about innate talent, and on that aspect I don't disagree. But the main knock on Danny when he almost fell out of the league is that he thought he was a million dollar guy, but his professionalism/coachability wasn't there. He had to get to the edge of the precipice to beg and really realize he had to do anything he's asked for to stick around. To his credit, he has. You just get the feeling Pop likes to re-assert that here and there. I actually think Danny is one of Pop's favorites, he just can't come out and say it outright because stroking that ego could backfire.

You should worry about coaches that don't yell at you.

ElNono
12-05-2014, 06:40 PM
You should worry about coaches that don't yell at you.

lol popsucker

dabom
12-05-2014, 06:44 PM
lol popsucker

Chinook
12-05-2014, 06:45 PM

I think that's mostly true. I just also think that Scott and Brown were terrible coaches for him. I have little doubt that Thibs would have made it work. Danny might have a big head, but so do a lot of NBA players. I also think Pop likes him and probably works as hard to coach him (and Kawhi) as he has anyone since Young Parker. But just like Parker would have still been a good player without Pop, so too would Danny, it would have probably just taken longer.

ElNono
12-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I think that's mostly true. I just also think that Scott and Brown were terrible coaches for him. I have little doubt that Thibs would have made it work. Danny might have a big head, but so do a lot of NBA players. I also think Pop likes him and probably works as hard to coach him (and Kawhi) as he has anyone since Young Parker. But just like Parker would have still been a good player without Pop, so too would Danny, it would have probably just taken longer.

Agreed. I'm glad the Spurs reconsidered and gave him another shot.

spurs10
12-05-2014, 07:19 PM
You should worry about coaches that don't yell at you. Pretty much!

007nites
12-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Pop gives the same treatment to Splitter as well.

J1BMAexRwMs