PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Woj: Lin lacks chemistry with Kobe, lookers may not resign after this season

RsxPiimp
12-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Los Angeles Lakers point guard Jeremy Lin allegedly lacks chemistry with Kobe Bryant and may not return to the team next season according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

When Jeremy Lin was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers this past offseason, the point guard was thrilled as not only would he be returning to his native California but he’d also be playing for one of the marquee franchises in the NBA.

Of course Lin probably didn’t expect the Lakers to be this bad nor did he expect his game to fall off a cliff, but that’s exactly what has happened.

A free agent at season end, Jeremy Lin is playing for a contract and the results have been less than inspiring through the first few months of the season and it appears he may have played his way out of a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers. That’s the word from Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski who believes Jeremy Lin will only spend the current season in Southern California and lacks chemistry with Kobe Bryant.

“I think this Lin is a one-year player with the Lakers. He’s a backup point guard in the NBA. He’s obviously be thrust into a bigger role because of who they have [on the Lakers roster], with the injuries and with Steve Nash being out for the year. You can see that Lin’s confidence is not there. There’s not a great chemistry between Kobe and Lin, that’s obvious.”

Malik Hairston
12-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Hm, I don't know where else Lin can go, tbh..

He has only played in big markets/big Asian markets, because that maximizes his hype and appeal(realistically, he's a 9th man or so on an NBA team, a middle-tier backup PG)..Golden State, Houston, New York and now LA are off the list..what's the next big market/big Asian market, tbh?..

Does Dallas have a lot of Asians?

ElNono
12-04-2014, 07:15 PM
He can probably go back to NY, tbh...

Reck
12-04-2014, 07:15 PM
He didn't expect them to be this bad? Where has he been for the past 3 years?

Malik Hairston
12-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Calderon is a rich man's Lin, and he's under contract for a few more years IIRC..

I guess he could be a backup:lol..

Reck
12-04-2014, 07:17 PM
He can probably go back to NY, tbh...

Or the Spurs.

Spurs can always use another Manu out there. Sans the skills, just the turnovers. :lol

hater
12-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Lin bring the chinese market to nba teams but the problem is this demands playing time which is pretty much detrimental to any team's chances of winning basketball games :lol

best bet is going to a team that needs money and has no desire to win games or play any sort of competitive basketball :lol

he's staying put in LA :lmao

ElNono
12-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Lin is a backup anyways... I actually think starting due to the Nash injury has put an amount of pressure on him that he wasn't looking for...

Koolaid_Man
12-04-2014, 07:22 PM
We'll keep Lin as back-up...throw 3 mil / yr at him

Chris
12-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Shitbag Nash not there to help the younger point guards :lol

RsxPiimp
12-04-2014, 07:28 PM
His days are numbered in the league thats for sure.

BoricuaSpursFan
12-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Send Lin to Dallas, it's not like they don't have enough scrub point guards.

Franklin
12-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Join the Clippers then since he doesn't wanna leave California.

Franklin
12-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Rin wouldn't be a worse point guard than Jameer Nelson I think, at least Rin can play 3-4 good games in a month or something. But the problem is, most asian residents in the DFW area are picklebreaths, not chinks, so his market value wouldn't be made as good use of as in LA or NY imho.

elmanutres
12-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Hm, I don't know where else Lin can go, tbh..

He has only played in big markets/big Asian markets, because that maximizes his hype and appeal(realistically, he's a 9th man or so on an NBA team, a middle-tier backup PG)..Golden State, Houston, New York and now LA are off the list..what's the next big market/big Asian market, tbh?..

Does Dallas have a lot of Asians?

There were a ton of asian heat fans during lebrons time in miami. Not sure if they are still there though

Venti Quattro
12-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Good riddance

DMC
12-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Los Angeles Lakers point guard Jeremy Lin allegedly lacks chemistry with Kobe Bryant and may not return to the team next season according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

When Jeremy Lin was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers this past offseason, the point guard was thrilled as not only would he be returning to his native California but he’d also be playing for one of the marquee franchises in the NBA.

Wait, I thought the new CBA meant there's no difference between large and small market teams... way to kick your own ass, faggot

Of course Lin probably didn’t expect the Lakers to be this bad nor did he expect his game to fall off a cliff, but that’s exactly what has happened.

A free agent at season end, Jeremy Lin is playing for a contract and the results have been less than inspiring through the first few months of the season and it appears he may have played his way out of a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers. That’s the word from Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski who believes Jeremy Lin will only spend the current season in Southern California and lacks chemistry with Kobe Bryant.

“I think this Lin is a one-year player with the Lakers. He’s a backup point guard in the NBA. He’s obviously be thrust into a bigger role because of who they have [on the Lakers roster], with the injuries and with Steve Nash being out for the year. You can see that Lin’s confidence is not there. There’s not a great chemistry between Kobe and Lin, that’s obvious.”
duh... next talk about how hot the sun gets.

Chris
12-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Not even 20 games into the season and they want to kick him to the curb :lol
Still not seeing what the real problem is on the team :lol

RsxPiimp
12-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Good riddance

I don't mind Lin, if he's willing to stay for a reasonable 3 yr deal. He's a pretty good back up guard. Playing with Kobe is one of the worst thing that could've happened in his career.:lol

RsxPiimp
12-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Not even 20 games into the season and they want to kick him to the curb :lol
Still not seeing what the real problem is on the team :lol

It's just a bad fit altogether with injuries and a horrible coach that tried stresses old school offense (ISO) and defense (play hard, foul hard) .:lol

Chris
12-04-2014, 10:59 PM
It's just a bad fit altogether with injuries and a horrible coach that tried stresses old school offense (ISO) and defense (play hard, foul hard) .:lol

No one but Phil has figured out how to coach Kobe.

Splits
12-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Rin wouldn't be a worse point guard than Jameer Nelson I think, at least Rin can play 3-4 good games in a month or something. But the problem is, most asian residents in the DFW area are picklebreaths, not chinks, so his market value wouldn't be made as good use of as in LA or NY imho.

I saw the sun come up in the east today. It was pretty. Then I saw it set in the west. It was also pretty. But it was only 5pm? What is going on? Why are the leaves falling on my beautiful lawn? Someone please help me.

jeebus
12-05-2014, 02:07 PM
tbh I'm still surprised people expect him to be a good player, with his only claim to fame is beating the crap out of East PGs for 2 weeks a few years ago. CITA is pretty much the NBA equivalent of the harlem shake imo.

mavsfan1000
12-05-2014, 02:21 PM
He's a CBA player.

DMC
12-05-2014, 02:31 PM
No one but Phil has figured out how to coach Kobe.
Katelyn did pretty well. She said "fuck no I don't want your monkey semen on me" and he hit the showers.

Franklin
12-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Sounds like there's someone else who could ever have good chemistry with Kobe...

Mr Bones
12-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Yet another teammate who doesn't enjoy playing with Kobe. It's pretty simple: If Lin is your back up PG, you're in good shape. If he's your starter, you're not.