PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice...?

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
08-30-2005, 07:21 AM
The way the Spurs recruited van Exel, versus the Finley sweepstakes.
That is, van Exel comes into S.A. and is greeted with a full-on press from Pop, R.C., Tim, Manu, and Bowen. Finley sits back and has everyone come to him, so the Spurs send Pop while every other team sends 40 virgins, roast-suckling pig, and multimedia glitz.

One day, when people look back at the Buford/Popovich/Duncan era-Spurs, they're going to remember what being a first class, first rate organization was all about.

:elephant

Solid D
08-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Good point and quite insightful, GhostofAlfrederickHughes.

Useruser666
08-30-2005, 08:07 AM
That is, van Exel comes into S.A. and is greeted with a full-on press from Pop, R.C., Tim, Manu, and Bowen. Finley sits back and has everyone come to him, so the Spurs send Pop while every other team sends 40 virgins, roast-suckling pig, and multimedia glitz.

One day, when people look back at the Buford/Popovich/Duncan era-Spurs, they're going to remember what being a first class, first rate organization was all about.

Holt cat was just being cheap on airfare! :lol

batman2883
08-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Yeah we are a number 1 organization for a reason, we have respect and dignity, fuck those other teams.

Mixability
08-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Yeah we are a number 1 organization for a reason, we have respect and dignity, fuck those other teams.

haha, "we have respect....fuck em!" :lol

LilMissSPURfect
08-30-2005, 08:40 AM
having those TROPHIES helps to.......and having a french rapper too... :smokin

batman2883
08-30-2005, 08:47 AM
haha, "we have respect....fuck em!" :lol

h aha ha ha ha i knew someone would like that

SenorSpur
08-30-2005, 08:50 AM

Excellent point, Ghost.

Love the nickname, too.

xcoriate
08-30-2005, 09:06 AM
I noticed that too, pretty suprising as many consider the Finley sweepstakes the most important thing going on in free agency at the moment. We pulled out all the stops for Nick but this almost makes our effort to garner Finleys interest look half-assed.

I know if I was being coverted I'd be put off if a team sent me only the coach and then turned around and sent half the team to meet another. It would make you feel unimportant and secondary. On the other hand maybe its CIA at work, Finely may just be a pawn in Pops game where his prime objecrtive was to make Nick feel wanted and he essentially made it as though the Spurs thought him more important than Finley.

Its pretty interesting to dwell on I'm sure Pop has it all planned out :smokin

nkdlunch
08-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Don't forget Detroit played the same way as Spurs. Coincidence?

kukjavel
08-30-2005, 10:13 AM
we shoulda just sent the coyote and had him place then 3 trophies on the table in front of finley for him to stare at for like an hour then take them back

ObiwanGinobili
08-30-2005, 10:17 AM
we shoulda just sent the coyote and had him place then 3 trophies on the table in front of finley for him to stare at for like an hour then take them back

:lol
I like that idea.

but really Ghost makes an excellent point. this is a very respectable world class organization... god I love my Spurs.

Lonestar
08-30-2005, 04:49 PM
I read somewhere that Finley is a quiet, very private person. He may like the no frills approach the Spurs took. I'm sure there would have been more people present if he had flown to SA for a meeting. Once again CIA Pop and RC are making the covert moves. I'm not worried, they know what they're doing.

TMTTRIO
08-30-2005, 06:45 PM
I can see Tim, Manu, and Bruces recruiting of him now :)
Tim: If you join I'll make your game a lot easier
Manu: Heck, look at me. Every team I've been on has been a winner.
Bruce: Join or I'll make sure that I annoy the sh*t out of you.

gospursgojas
08-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Did anyone hear Nick on WOAI News @ 5:00 he said that Tim told him something like: "we would love to have you, but we dont need you".... :lol

kskonn
08-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Did anyone hear Nick on WOAI News @ 5:00 he said that Tim told him something like: "we would love to have you, but we dont need you".... :lol

Damn that is hard core.... Does anyone know the exact words that tim used?

gospursgojas
08-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Damn that is hard core.... Does anyone know the exact words that tim used?

it was Nick telling reporters what Tim said so, a quote of what Tim said is probally no likely