PDA

View Full Version : There is absolutely no reason why Tony should be picked as the token spurs All-Star..

apalisoc_9
12-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Or All-NBA picks..

Kawhi is the more valuable player and the better one...So many dumbassess who don't watch games anymore and just continue to use the Big 3 BS. Even Malik Dumabss Rose said kawhi is their fourth best player when he was commentating Sixers vs spurs...:lmao

100%duncan
12-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Why do you care so much about the all star tbh?

Robz4000
12-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Spurs won't have an all star this year imo unless they make a run to the upper seeding by the end of January. Don't think it happens until post-ASB.

apalisoc_9
12-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Spurs won't have an all star this year imo unless they make a run to the upper seeding by the end of January. Don't think it happens until post-ASB.

The spurs are 2.5 games away from the first seed and have a favorable schedule in the next 15 games..:lol

They will be a top team before the all-star..

I have them at 1st before All-star

spurraider21
12-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Tim Duncan is still our best post up player

take bait in 3-2-1

Mikeanaro
12-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Cant see any Spur making the ASG, it is a popularity contest and as we know SPURS ARE NOT MEDIA FRIENDLY, if you think so much about ASG and media recognition maybe you picked the wrong team.
Thats what I love about this team, no black mannerisms like Bulls Okc and lots of lame teams like Indiana where scrubs like Cris Copeland making gestures from the bench like they are the good ones and the other team is evil, same with Duracne Ronny Turiaf etc. I hate that fucking show is not for me.

Robz4000
12-04-2014, 11:17 PM
The spurs are 2.5 games away from the first seed and have a favorable schedule in the next 15 games..:lol

The schedule actually gets harder in a bit imo. Grizz three times and Portland twice, Meth, Dallas, Wiz, Clips, and Houston are all on the docket in the coming weeks. Playing in Utah and Denver is never easy either.

Robz4000
12-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Whoops

apalisoc_9
12-04-2014, 11:22 PM
The schedule actually gets harder in a bit imo. Grizz three times and Portland twice, Meth, Dallas, Wiz, Clips, and Houston are all on the docket in the coming weeks. Playing in Utah and Denver is never easy either.

Are you srs?

I thought they would play the grizz once in the next 15 games and that was it..

I must have missed something...

Robz4000
12-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Shit, looking at their schedule from here on out, there really isn't an easy stretch. A lot of easy wins mixed between tough teams and plenty of middle-of-the-pack stretches. At least the RRT is favorable this year.

apalisoc_9
12-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Shit, looking at their schedule from here on out, there really isn't an easy stretch. A lot of easy wins mixed between tough teams and plenty of middle-of-the-pack stretches. At least the RRT is favorable this year.

yup seems like..

still confident though..2.5 games away is one month of chasing....

Robz4000
12-04-2014, 11:37 PM
If Splitter comes back soon anything is possible, but if our next returning player is Mills then they'll struggle to get HCA in the first round this year.

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 12:03 AM
Are you srs?

I thought they would play the grizz once in the next 15 games and that was it..

I must have missed something...
You miss everything

apalisoc_9
12-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Splitter is a must for sure..I wish we can get a real update on his injury..

exstatic
12-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Cant see any Spur making the ASG, it is a popularity contest and as we know SPURS ARE NOT MEDIA FRIENDLY, if you think so much about ASG and media recognition maybe you picked the wrong team.
Thats what I love about this team, no black mannerisms like Bulls Okc and lots of lame teams like Indiana where scrubs like Cris Copeland making gestures from the bench like they are the good ones and the other team is evil, same with Duracne Ronny Turiaf etc. I hate that fucking show is not for me.

Spurs haven't had an elected player since Duncan ages ago, but coaches pick the reserves, and they like Spurs.

Mikeanaro
12-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Spurs haven't had an elected player since Duncan ages ago, but coaches pick the reserves, and they like Spurs.
You are right, but I still remember when Tim started losing his popularity, people voted Yao and since he was injured Pop and Stern chose Tim to fill the spot, and then Manu and Tony as reserves, also remember Iverson injured that year but thats irrelevant.
My point is we have kickass players so I dont like the fact that they go to that pop contest as reserves like they were plaid stuff, just to see Blake Griffin Melo and other monkeyballers.

dabom
12-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Kawhi will make the coaches vote.

gilmor2002
12-05-2014, 01:36 AM
But Parker will be picked as All-Star again..

That will make him being selected ASG for the 7th time..

dabom
12-05-2014, 01:38 AM
But Parker will be picked as All-Star again..

That will make him being selected ASG for the 7th time..

Tony has been trash except for like 3 games this year. I don't know how he would be picked.

james evans
12-05-2014, 01:45 AM
I don't care at all about the ASG, but people outside of spurs games never watch us play when we aren't playing their teams, but everyone is an "expert" at how we play. People will say, "I dont watch the spurs because they are boring", but they supposedly know everything about the team, who's the best player, how we should play, and who we can't win without by watching 2 or 3 games per year :lmao . Then when you break things down to them and make them look like the fools they are, they bring up, "well parker won finals mvp in 2007". I aint got a problem with parker, I just wish in 14 years he would have learned to fight over a screen and get low/move feet on defense. He's too short for these taller pgs to be taking him off the dribble consistently.

gilmor2002
12-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Tony has been trash except for like 3 games this year. I don't know how he would be picked.

To be picked for ASG has very little to do with how you are playing..

I think Parker has been playing well for more than 3 games this year..

dabom
12-05-2014, 01:57 AM
I don't care at all about the ASG, but people outside of spurs games never watch us play when we aren't playing their teams, but everyone is an "expert" at how we play. People will say, "I dont watch the spurs because they are boring", but they supposedly know everything about the team, who's the best player, how we should play, and who we can't win without by watching 2 or 3 games per year :lmao . Then when you break things down to them and make them look like the fools they are, they bring up, "well parker won finals mvp in 2007". I aint got a problem with parker, I just wish in 14 years he would have learned to fight over a screen and get low/move feet on defense. He's too short for these taller pgs to be taking him off the dribble consistently.

When I watch parker play, I feel like he is a net negative. Every time he gets going, the opponent just goes at tony too. Tony's defense is trash, and he gets scored on a lot too. When his shot is off, we start losing again because he gets taken advantaged of. Everyone basically has to cover for tony on defense every fucking night. The eye test and advance stats says tony sucks. Playing with tim manu and coached by pop will make anyone a fucking winner.
Tony for a month and a half during early 2013 looked like an mvp candidate. I don't think he will ever have a stretch like that again.

dabom
12-05-2014, 02:02 AM
To be picked for ASG has very little to do with how you are playing..

I think Parker has been playing well for more than 3 games this year..

You still didn't answer how he would be picked.

100%duncan
12-05-2014, 02:41 AM

"Token Spur"

dabom
12-05-2014, 02:50 AM
"Token Spur"

The rule to the "token spur" is they must all be playing on equal playing fields and any might be picked. If any spurs player is playing like shit, that player isn't even in consideration.
Parker doesn't fit the mold this year. How is he going to be picked again?

100%duncan
12-05-2014, 03:03 AM
The rule to the "token spur" is they must all be playing on equal playing fields and any might be picked. If any spurs player is playing like shit, that player isn't even in consideration.
Parker doesn't fit the mold this year. How is he going to be picked again?

It's not how they are playing, it's termed that way since the Spurs are usually the best team in the league and not having atleast 1 of them in the all star game would seem weird to the media/casual fans.

Parker wasn't doing great last regular season either, he still got in.

dabom
12-05-2014, 03:06 AM
It's not how they are playing, it's termed that way since the Spurs are usually the best team in the league and not having atleast 1 of them in the all star game would seem weird to the media/casual fans.

Parker wasn't doing great last regular season either, he still got in.

I guess you did not read the token spur rule. Not doing great is not the same as playing like shit. He is playing like shit this year.

100%duncan
12-05-2014, 03:08 AM
I guess you did not read the token spur rule. Not doing great is not the same as playing like shit. He is playing like shit this year.

Oh nice rule so scary

dabom
12-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Oh nice rule so scary

:lol

Fireball
12-05-2014, 03:40 AM

the second half of December is absolutely brutal. I do not know where Apolisoc gets the idea of an easy schedule. The way the Spurs lack determination right now we can be happy winning with 50% of these games.

Mal
12-05-2014, 05:30 AM
All-star game is for stat padders like Kirby or Kyrie or big marketing personalities like LeBron, Melo

gilmor
12-05-2014, 06:11 AM

Not many good PGs around.. Westbrook has been injured for most of the first part of the season.

If Spurs records hold, they will be the No 1 or 2 to come out from the West.. Naturally Parker will be picked among the Spurs players.

Russo21
12-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Hate All-Star Weekend

cd021
12-05-2014, 10:50 AM

The end of December is going to probably our toughest stretch of the regular season.

@ Den
@ Portland (B2B) (1 day rest for Portland)
Memphis
Portland (1 day rest for Portland)
Dallas (B2B) [Dalas will have 2 days rest]
LAC
OKC
@ NOH (B2B)
Houston
@ Memphis
NOP (B2B)

7-4 would be a good record given every team except OKC is above .500 and 11 games in 16 days. If we can beat Memphis then we should be able to have a 5 game winning streaking heading into Denver and would be 19-5 (791.) If that happens and the next 11 games and we go 7-4 that would put us as 26-9 (.741) but that's a tough stretch for sure.

spursparker9
12-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Fuck, this season they gonna make it a one week break for the all-star weekend right ?

ElNono
12-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Hate All-Star Weekend

It's a full week this year...

le13
12-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Yep and it might be a full year with guys like apalisoc loool

EVAY
12-05-2014, 03:50 PM
I don't see any way in hell that TP ends up as the all star pg this year, and the obsession with whether or not it will happen is absurd. It will Chris Paul and Steph Curry. Pure and simple.

No biggie.

lefty
12-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Or All-NBA picks..

Kawhi is the more valuable player and the better one...So many dumbassess who don't watch games anymore and just continue to use the Big 3 BS. Even Malik Dumabss Rose said kawhi is their fourth best player when he was commentating Sixers vs spurs...:lmao

Drom John
12-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Neil (Dallas)

Speaking of west all-stars, which team is more likely to get an all-star this year: Spurs or Mavs? If you really look at it you might have two of the top teams in the west without any.... Meanwhile, people like Joe Johnson make it in the east.
Kevin Pelton (4:31 PM)

This is where we really need to go conference-less. I guess I'd say Parker has the best shot, followed by Dirk, but there's stiff competition at both spots.

Aztecfan03
12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't like the NFL's all-star game, but maybe the NBA should try conference-less teams like the NFL.

KL2
12-05-2014, 08:54 PM
I want Leonard in the all star game, not only because I think he deserves it and I'm a fan, but I want him getting those "all star calls".

Stars always get more calls compared to their unknown brethren, even rooks get less call than vets. All these other "stars" get to barrel in the line like retards and get bailed out, I want KY to have that luxury. Once he starts getting those calls, he can get to the line any time he wants.

cjw
12-05-2014, 10:42 PM
I want Leonard in the all star game, not only because I think he deserves it and I'm a fan, but I want him getting those "all star calls".

Stars always get more calls compared to their unknown brethren, even rooks get less call than vets. All these other "stars" get to barrel in the line like retards and get bailed out, I want KY to have that luxury. Once he starts getting those calls, he can get to the line any time he wants.

Harden got those in 2012 without yet being named an All Star...

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2014, 10:43 PM

KL2 wants Kawhi to be an all star... No fucking way

kaji157
12-06-2014, 02:04 PM
I donīt care who gets to the all-star, the most idiotic game of the year, i prefer to watch a preseason game against a random euro team than a bunch of guys playing nonsense basketball.
The only thing i would like is that no spur is selected to any of those activities, so that the NBA Champions are not represented at all and the event gets exposed for what it is. A shitty commercial event that just happens to be basketball related.

We have to take it as an extra rest week for our older guys. Would do wonders.

TD 21
12-10-2014, 12:04 AM
He won't be. In fact, no one will be, unless this team improbably surges to the top of the league standings by the time the selections are made. That was the primary reason they had a representative last season (I also thought coaches wanted to reward Parker for his previous two seasons and give him the benefit of the doubt for having played in the summer).

Likely starters: Griffin, Durant, Howard, Bryant, Curry

Locks: Harden, Paul, Gasol, Davis, Aldridge

On the bubble: Nowitzki, Thompson, Westbrook, Lillard, Cousins