PDA

View Full Version : tony appreciation thread

dabom
12-06-2014, 02:45 AM
When he is on. He is on. Fucking love parker. Here's to him getting better.

dabom
12-06-2014, 02:47 AM
Real spurs fans hate to see one of their own play bad

dabom
12-06-2014, 02:48 AM
Might be the drunk in me talking but fuck it.

ElNono
12-06-2014, 03:28 AM
get well soon, tbh

dabom
12-06-2014, 03:39 AM
Yup still drunk. Lol.

dabom
12-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Thanks doe mayne.

ElNono
12-06-2014, 03:42 AM
:tu

100%duncan
12-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Only a faggot would post whilst drunk. Exception of my boy benefactor

spurraider21
12-06-2014, 04:10 AM
Only a faggot would post whilst drunk. Exception of my boy benefactor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13284)
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138941

SpursFan86
12-06-2014, 04:19 AM
here's to him getting traded for a good PG

le13
12-06-2014, 04:57 AM
here's to him getting traded for a good PG

Just trade your fucking ass in another forum tbh

BillMc
12-06-2014, 05:08 AM
Tony's a future Hall of Famer, past Finals MVP, and the best point guard the Spurs have ever had. We're lucky to have them.

We should appreciate all our good players. These good times (yearly 50+ win seasons, competing for and winning championships, beautiful team basketball) won't last forever.

100%duncan
12-06-2014, 05:13 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138941

i forgot about this :lmao what a homo :lmao

EVAY
12-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Hope he returns better than ever.

Not that folks around here would take note of it, but in last night's game, Conley went on his tear only after Parker left, and it took Tim getting a triple-double at the age of 38 and Manu shooting lights out and playing like he was only 32 to save the game for the good guys. The team almost lost the game in the 4th.

I also noticed that no one was bitching about Parker holding Kawhi back last night. Last two games Kawhi has shown why he still has a lot to learn about being the 'franchise player' in the nba. He is an extraordinarily talented young man whom we are lucky to have and I believe that he will continue to improve. But he made a fair number of bone-headed decisions last night in iso ball, and if it had been anyone else making those moves, that person would have been called out for hero-balling. He shot 25% against Brooklyn and about 30% against Memphis last night. And none of that was on Parker.

Parker is capable of making bone-headed plays and is justly called out for it by Pop. One thing he is NOT guilty of, however, is holding back any other player's development. If you want to talk about the best point guard on the team on a night-in, night-out basis, it would have to be Ginobili (and yes I know that he is listed as shooting guard, but anyone paying attention to the play of the second squad for the last couple of years knows who the real pg is on that squad). Parker will always suffer in comparison to Ginobili because Manu is simply more talented. Doesn't work harder or care more, but his passing ability, timing, court vision and bball i.q. are unable to be matched by anyone, including Parker. But Parker is great at running the team's offense as well or better than anyone else, and he has enormous courage in going into the lane and getting beat up regularly by the other team's bigs. That is his job and he doesn't bitch about it.

Parker was shooting 6 of 11 before he went out last night. He will be just fine again. He will never be what some folks around here want him to be, but then some folks around here don't know a good thing when they have it.

ElNono
12-06-2014, 02:45 PM

Not that folks around here would take note of it, but in last night's game, Conley went on his tear only after Parker left, and it took Tim getting a triple-double at the age of 38 and Manu shooting lights out and playing like he was only 32 to save the game for the good guys. The team almost lost the game in the 4th.

I also noticed that no one was bitching about Parker holding Kawhi back last night. Last two games Kawhi has shown why he still has a lot to learn about being the 'franchise player' in the nba. He is an extraordinarily talented young man whom we are lucky to have and I believe that he will continue to improve. But he made a fair number of bone-headed decisions last night in iso ball, and if it had been anyone else making those moves, that person would have been called out for hero-balling. He shot 25% against Brooklyn and about 30% against Memphis last night. And none of that was on Parker.

Parker is capable of making bone-headed plays and is justly called out for it by Pop. One thing he is NOT guilty of, however, is holding back any other player's development. If you want to talk about the best point guard on the team on a night-in, night-out basis, it would have to be Ginobili (and yes I know that he is listed as shooting guard, but anyone paying attention to the play of the second squad for the last couple of years knows who the real pg is on that squad). Parker will always suffer in comparison to Ginobili because Manu is simply more talented. Doesn't work harder or care more, but his passing ability, timing, court vision and bball i.q. are unable to be matched by anyone, including Parker. But Parker is great at running the team's offense as well or better than anyone else, and he has enormous courage in going into the lane and getting beat up regularly by the other team's bigs. That is his job and he doesn't bitch about it.

Parker was shooting 6 of 11 before he went out last night. He will be just fine again. He will never be what some folks around here want him to be, but then some folks around here don't know a good thing when they have it.

Solid points. I always felt Tony would be more appreciated if he were in another team, tbh...

EVAY
12-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Solid points. I always felt Tony would be more appreciated if he were in another team, tbh...

I c what you did there, E-N.

:lol

I sometimes wonder if people really understand passive aggressiveness.:lol

Cry Havoc
12-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Yep. Parker wasn't in the game for much of the night, why didn't Kawhi go off for 35?

itzsoweezee
12-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Yeah, he's good enough. The problem comes when he tries to play beyond his role. He's got to pick his spots and stop trying to take over the game. There are a lot of talented players on this team. No need to try to be a superstar.

Brunodf
12-06-2014, 04:36 PM
:wowDamn
http://www.racialicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/mjpopcornbitchplsjpg.gif

Mikeanaro
12-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Get well Tony, please dont hurt Daniel Thomas Green.

wildchild
12-07-2014, 12:08 AM
If you want to talk about the best point guard on the team on a night-in, night-out basis, it would have to be Ginobili (and yes I know that he is listed as shooting guard, but anyone paying attention to the play of the second squad for the last couple of years knows who the real pg is on that squad). Parker will always suffer in comparison to Ginobili because Manu is simply more talented. Doesn't work harder or care more, but his passing ability, timing, court vision and bball i.q. are unable to be matched by anyone, including Parker.

Agree and this will be one of the main problems post Tim-Manu retirements.
If the Spurs don't sign a high quality bigman who can develop a good pick-and-roll rapport with Tony, Parker's lack of pure playmaking ability will get exposed.

mkurts
12-07-2014, 02:39 AM
Yep. Parker wasn't in the game for much of the night, why didn't Kawhi go off for 35?

Ask apolisuck9

spurraider21
12-07-2014, 02:44 AM
:lmao spurstalk MVP just doing spurstalk MVP things

ElNono
12-07-2014, 02:55 AM
I c what you did there, E-N.

:lol

I sometimes wonder if people really understand passive aggressiveness.:lol

:lol it's all in good humor...

ElNono
01-23-2015, 10:57 PM
He had a solid game tonight... hopefully, it's just a matter of time with him

TheGreatYacht
01-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Good bump, tbh

lefty
01-23-2015, 11:33 PM
FINALLY a good game

In the regular season vs a crappy team :lol

Enrique fanboys are desperate :lol

look_at_g_shred
01-24-2015, 07:45 AM
Can't wait to see him at his best again. We need him. I've never doubted #9.

Diego20
01-24-2015, 08:23 AM
4 assists is mediocre for a PG but he's Enrique so 4 assists isn't that bad coming from him..

:tu

hater
01-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Great pg great person all class tbh props

dabom
01-31-2015, 07:27 PM
Might go off today. Hopefully he atleast plays some defense too.

dabom
02-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Played like shit today but I saw something. He actually jumped into a defender. Now people might think so what. His hero mode won't allow him to get outshined by elite role players. He actually forced his body to do something it hasn't done in a while. O and he tried to force a layup at the break. He missed but atleast he is "trying". :toast

ElNono
02-06-2015, 11:46 PM
Played like shit today but I saw something. He actually jumped into a defender. Now people might think so what. His hero mode won't allow him to get outshined by elite role players. He actually forced his body to do something it hasn't done in a while. O and he tried to force a layup at the break. He missed but atleast he is "trying". :toast

You were onto something, tbh... more aggressive tonight, I thought Baynes did a good job setting screens for him and that opened up the paint...

Hopefully tonight's game was a preview of things to come... the Spurs are just a much better team when Tony is playing well...

midnightpulp
02-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Signing in.

Hope something clicked tonight, whether mental or physical. If Parker can just manage to be a break even player, the Spurs will get it together.

lefty
02-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Great

Now Enrique is on a mission

Get ready for some intense Enriquing

midnightpulp
02-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Slight caveat is that he Whiteside didn't play, and Parker did have 10 points in the paint. Luckily there's no great shot blockers in the West outside Davis, who the Spurs won't see in the playoffs, and Howard, who might be done for the season.

FkLA
02-07-2015, 12:02 AM
I understand some of the dumber posters overreacting, but seriously Nono and mid? Didnt he have a solid game vs some scrub team like a week ago? I even made a thread about how spry he looked.

Id like to see him do this on a consistent basis aka against good teams.

ElNono
02-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Slight caveat is that he Whiteside didn't play, and Parker did have 10 points in the paint. Luckily there's no great shot blockers in the West outside Davis, who the Spurs won't see in the playoffs, and Howard, who might be done for the season.

Ibaka is still out there, OKC not yet still entirely out. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, love what I've seen tonight, let's take a step at a time.

midnightpulp
02-07-2015, 12:05 AM
I understand some of the dumber posters overreacting, but seriously Nono and mid? Didnt he have a solid game vs some scrub team like a week ago? I even made a thread about how spry he looked.

Gotta take what you can get with him and just hope he's getting healthy and/or figuring it out mentally.

ElNono
02-07-2015, 12:05 AM

This game was a step in the right direction, and it should be acknowledged. I was also commenting on some things that the Spurs did better today and aided his bread and butter, which is scoring in the paint. Time will tell if it's just a fluke or a trend. Hopefully it's the later, we could really use more scoring on the starting unit.

hater
02-07-2015, 12:08 AM
Leader of the team is back

DJR210
02-07-2015, 03:10 AM
:lol OP is a 3F.. foreign fairweather faggot

dabom
02-07-2015, 12:24 PM
:lol OP is a 3F.. foreign fairweather faggot

djr210 is a DDSF.... donkey dick sucking faggot. :lmao

dabom
02-07-2015, 12:26 PM
You were onto something, tbh... more aggressive tonight, I thought Baynes did a good job setting screens for him and that opened up the paint...

Hopefully tonight's game was a preview of things to come... the Spurs are just a much better team when Tony is playing well...

It's up to tony to keep the consistency now.

DJR210
02-07-2015, 02:05 PM
djr210 is a DDSF.... donkey dick sucking faggot. :lmao

:lol foreigners..smh

lefty
02-08-2015, 09:35 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rNFcZAITHI8/UL4x3ohubRI/AAAAAAAAB5Q/1Opz5Uv8qBw/w506-h750/1336927465-lololololololololol.gif

Mikeanaro
02-08-2015, 09:39 PM
HAHAHA!

HI-FI
02-08-2015, 09:43 PM
http://people.duke.edu/~kuzen001/SharkSandwich.jpg

Mikeanaro
02-08-2015, 09:45 PM
http://people.duke.edu/~kuzen001/SharkSandwich.jpg
LOL! more like a shit sandwich!

mkurts
02-08-2015, 09:52 PM