PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan has become the oldest player to get a road win triple-double

Galileo
12-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Tim Duncan has become the oldest player to get a road win triple-double

The old record was by Jason Kidd at age 37.

Only these players have a triple-double road win at age 35 or older:

Kidd
Mutombo
Duncan
Oakley

Facts here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=1986&year_max=2015&age_min=35&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=A&game_result=W&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&is_trp_dbl=Y&order_by=pts

:lobt2:

Chomag
12-06-2014, 11:09 AM
TBH if his interest is their I think TD could play for another 4-5 years, and I know that s a crazy thought but I seriously think he could if he wanted too.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-06-2014, 11:10 AM
TBH if his interest is their I think TD could play for another 4-5 years, and I know that s a crazy thought but I seriously think he could if he wanted too.
I don't want him to be like Mutonbo where people remember him for longetivity rather than his beast MVP years

NASpurs
12-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Who is the oldest player to EVER get a triple double again?

jog my memory y'all.

How's that shitty core working out for you? Remind me.

Chomag
12-06-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't want him to be like Mutonbo where people remember him for longetivity rather than his beast MVP years

Oh yeah he is a smart guy. I think he will hang it up when the time is right for him, even though he still might have some left in the tank.

NASpurs
12-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Salty as fuq lmao

#MalOWNED

Salty about what? Where's the ring for that pedophile?

SupremeGuy
12-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Who is the oldest player to EVER get a triple double again?

jog my memory y'all.

How's that shitty core working out for you? Remind me.

Salty as fuq lmao

#MalOWNED

Salty about what? Where's the ring for that pedophile?:rollin

Galileo
12-06-2014, 12:30 PM
This is a record that may never be broken.

buttsR4rebounding
12-06-2014, 12:47 PM
This is a record that may never be broken.

I disagree completely. As athletes have better and better training and treatment for injuries that more players will extend their careers.

Mikeanaro
12-06-2014, 01:50 PM
I disagree completely. As athletes have better and better training and treatment for injuries that more players will extend their careers.
Or MJ with that scrub ass Wizard team pulling 40 points because nobody cares anyway since everything was a mess, even Vince Carter can have a great game if you make him rest a couple games and suddenly plays 40 minutes.

Dre_7
12-06-2014, 02:33 PM
If Duncan wants to he will surpass Malone in a couple years.

mkurts
12-07-2014, 02:51 AM
Still the solid team anchor

superbigtime
12-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Tim is STILL a badass.

Tim as long as you are pain free, play til the wheels come off please.

Galileo
12-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Duncan has followed up his triple-double with a double-double.

Duncan is now the 4th oldest player in NBA history to get a double-double in a win playing less than 20 minutes.

Only Avery Johnson, Robert Parish and Moses Malone were older.

FACTS HERE:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=1986&year_max=2015&age_min=38&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=W&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=mp&c1comp=lt&c1val=19&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&is_dbl_dbl=Y&order_by=age

FromWayDowntown
12-07-2014, 09:17 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting the time when Tim Duncan becomes "the first player from Wake Forest who is over 38 years old and who plays primarily in the Central Time Zone but south of Nebraska to accomplish _______________________________ in a road win in which his game won by at least 7 points, but only after trailing after the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter on a Sunday during the third week of December in an even numbered year in a game that started before 7 pm local time against a home team playing on the 4th night of a four games in five night stretch in which that team split the first two games on the road against Atlantic division teams that were both within 2 games of .500."

BillMc
12-07-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting the time when Tim Duncan becomes "the first player from Wake Forest who is over 38 years old and who plays primarily in the Central Time Zone but south of Nebraska to be disqualified for laughing on the bench during a road win in which his game won by at least 7 points, but only after trailing after the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter on a Sunday during the third week of December in an even numbered year in a game that started before 7 pm local time against a home team playing on the 4th night of a four games in five night stretch in which that team split the first two games on the road against Atlantic division teams that were both within 2 games of .500."

If it happens, this record would be safe for a while. :)

Galileo
12-07-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting the time when Tim Duncan becomes "the first player from Wake Forest who is over 38 years old and who plays primarily in the Central Time Zone but south of Nebraska to accomplish _______________________________ in a road win in which his game won by at least 7 points, but only after trailing after the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter on a Sunday during the third week of December in an even numbered year in a game that started before 7 pm local time against a home team playing on the 4th night of a four games in five night stretch in which that team split the first two games on the road against Atlantic division teams that were both within 2 games of .500."

:lmao

ElNono
12-07-2014, 09:38 PM

:lol

Drachen
12-07-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting the time when Tim Duncan becomes "the first player from Wake Forest Named Tim with the last initial of" D"who is over 38 years old and who plays primarily in the Central Time Zone but south of Nebraska to accomplish _______________________________ in a road win in which his game won by at least 7 points, but only after trailing after the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter on a Sunday during the third week of December in an even numbered year in a game that started before 7 pm local time against a home team playing on the 4th night of a four games in five night stretch in which that team split the first two games on the road against Atlantic division teams that were both within 2 games of .500."

Galileo
12-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Tim Duncan is the only player in NBA history to have a 20-15 game with a game score of 25+ on the road while playing 25 or fewer minutes!!!

FACTS HERE:

In a single game, from 1985-86 to 2014-15, in the regular season, playing on the road, requiring Game Score >= 25 and Minutes Played <= 25 and Total Rebounds >= 15 and Points >= 20, sorted by descending Age.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=1986&year_max=2015&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=A&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=game_score&c1comp=gt&c1val=25&c2stat=mp&c2comp=lt&c2val=25&c3stat=trb&c3comp=gt&c3val=15&c4stat=pts&c4comp=gt&c4val=20&order_by=age

:lmao:lmao

:ihit

:flag:

:hang

:cheer

:bobo

Galileo
12-08-2014, 05:59 PM
and he was 37 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

romain.star
12-08-2014, 06:22 PM
TD is an amazing player who's aging amazingly (and hopefully without any PED). No need to know that he is the oldest divorced player to ever score 3 bank shots in a row with his left hand in the 3rd quarter of an away game while playing in an Arena built for more than 10 years old

Enough with these useless records

Dex
12-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Blessed to be Spurs fans. Been a pretty good run, tbh.

Kidd K
12-08-2014, 10:26 PM
TD is an amazing player who's aging amazingly (and hopefully without any PED). No need to know that he is the oldest divorced player to ever score 3 bank shots in a row with his left hand in the 3rd quarter of an away game while playing in an Arena built for more than 10 years old

Enough with these useless records

How're they useless records? It's impressive to have a crazy fast 20/15 game.

Try having some fun once in awhile.

Arcadian
12-08-2014, 10:29 PM

That's not going to happen. Duncan, unlike Motumbo, was the best player on earth for at least a 5-year span. Anyone who forgets that is just a dumbass.

lefty
12-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Still carrying Enrique

johnpaulwall21
12-09-2014, 05:41 PM
tim is the oldest player to score 7 straight points in overtime to lead his team to the nba finals.
Its all fun guys, what Duncan is doing at his age should be appreciated and brought up as much as possible.
:bobo Galileo, good work

polandprzem
12-09-2014, 05:46 PM
TIM DUNCAN IS THE OLDEST TIM DUNCAN PLAYING IN NBA !!!!!!!!!!!!

romain.star
12-10-2014, 05:15 AM
How're they useless records? It's impressive to have a crazy fast 20/15 game.

Try having some fun once in awhile.

Well, I'm not sure I need a crazy fast 20/15 game from TD on the road to have fun (although it's pretty impressive).
From my perspective, people are sometimes trying too hard with those records but maybe is it just a US thing.

Fireball
12-10-2014, 06:36 AM
the fun of any stat stuffing games stops with a loss ...

Seventyniner
12-10-2014, 09:27 AM
and he was 37 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dg7md
12-10-2014, 09:31 AM
He could play for another 5 years if Pop keeps managing his minutes and we continue to have a really fluid team system.

I don't think he will, but think of all of the other records he would be breaking if he stayed around that long. As long as he averages close to or a double-double, he won't be remembered as anything less than one of the greatest players of all time no matter how much longer he plays.

He's also fortunate to not have had a career with nagging injuries and under a coaching system that has been using him selectively for about 5 years now.

Galileo
12-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Duncan is now the oldest player in NBA history to get 4 blocks, 3 steals, 14 rebounds, and 23 points in the same game.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-10-2014, 06:11 PM
TIM DUNCAN IS THE OLDEST TIM DUNCAN PLAYING IN NBA !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm most impressed by this, tbh :lol

Kidd K
12-14-2014, 06:15 AM
Well, I'm not sure I need a crazy fast 20/15 game from TD on the road to have fun (although it's pretty impressive).
From my perspective, people are sometimes trying too hard with those records but maybe is it just a US thing.

It's something that came from baseball broadcasts since there's down time sometimes in the middle of games when there's no offense going at the bottom of the order, so announcers come up with oddball stats for fun to help pass the time.

So I suppose you could call it a US thing, in a way. It's just for fun though, not to be like, "omg Duncan is a god!", or something.