PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Stupid things commentators say

AussieFanKurt
12-06-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard the Clips commentators ask if there's ever been a better PG than CP3.. almost couldn't believe it so I rewinded and they said it...

So what other dumb fucking things have you heard commentators say

:wakeup

100%duncan
12-07-2014, 12:27 AM
Everything that comes out of Regie Miller's mouth

Robz4000
12-07-2014, 12:52 AM

manufan10
12-07-2014, 01:23 AM
"Hands down, man down..." or whatever else Mark Jackson says.

Malik Hairston
12-07-2014, 01:23 AM

Silver&Black
12-07-2014, 01:24 AM

Reggie Miller really isn't that bad of a commentator.

Signed,

Mark Jackson

Clipper Nation
12-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm pretty sure I heard the Clips commentators ask if there's ever been a better PG than CP3.. almost couldn't believe it so I rewinded and they said it...

Couldn't watch the game. I'm assuming it was that faggot homer Mike Smith? Clipper fans can't stand him either.

spurraider21
12-07-2014, 01:51 AM
Couldn't watch the game. I'm assuming it was that faggot homer Mike Smith? Clipper fans can't stand him either.
Lawler is such a boss... but they seriously can't find somebody better than Mike Smith? smh

a few games ago Jordan got hacked and was heading to the line, but he looked like his hand was in pain cause he was rubbing it... and Lawyer was like "well jeez, i sure hope this doesn't affect his free throw shooting"

:lmao...

daslicer
12-07-2014, 01:56 AM

Actually it wasn't Mike Smith who said it. Mike said that Magic was the greatest PG of all time. It was the other commentator who said that crazy statement.

Clipper Nation
12-07-2014, 02:09 AM
Actually it wasn't Mike Smith who said it. Mike said that Magic was the greatest PG of all time. It was the other commentator who said that crazy statement.

That was our radio announcer filling in for Ralph, then.

ElNono
12-07-2014, 02:14 AM

AussieFanKurt
12-07-2014, 02:18 AM
That was our radio announcer filling in for Ralph, then.

Yeah? Is Ralph sick... the fuckhead replacing him was beyond a joke

bobcatfan4life
12-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Jon Barry said the Cavs should sign Ray Allen to help out their defense.

FkLA
12-07-2014, 05:21 AM
Any time some retard announcer thinks Kirbys chucking is heroic instead of a detriment to the team. Or when they act surprised when they do better if he doesn't chuck...'If I told you Kirby only scored 15 points and the Lakers still won would you believe it?!'.

Thebesteva
12-07-2014, 05:32 AM

So what other dumb fucking things have you heard commentators say

:wakeup

Clippers and Blazers commentators are historically known for being dick suckers. It's brutal to listen to anything those dumb fucks say. It's like hearing a 10 year old Kobe fan commentate on the Lakers.

Luckily, the 1 great thing that always stayed consistent with the Lakers org is having pretty unbiased commentating.

spurraider21
12-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Clippers and Blazers commentators are historically known for being dick suckers. It's brutal to listen to anything those dumb fucks say. It's like hearing a 10 year old Kobe fan commentate on the Lakers.

Luckily, the 1 great thing that always stayed consistent with the Lakers org is having pretty unbiased commentating.
at least on TV.

they do a good job of staying objective, but they're still fucking terrible to listen to imo. i never liked lantz and macdonald is terrible. i loved meyers

the radio broadcast is horrible.

Hemotivo
12-07-2014, 06:18 AM

:tu

Thebesteva
12-07-2014, 06:29 AM
at least on TV.

they do a good job of staying objective, but they're still fucking terrible to listen to imo. i never liked lantz and macdonald is terrible. i loved meyers

I thought we were talking about TV though. Obviously, or else I'd consider John Ireland first ballot hall of fame of dick suckers for the team he represents.

Jim Buss could take a shit on the court mid game and Ireland would defend it as a power move for the franchise

scanry
12-07-2014, 06:42 AM

The Clippers broadcast is pretty legit tbh (not as good as Ralph & Walton though). The cheap fuck Sterling should've kept Walton. Listening to those two in the early 2000's was comedy gold.

Knicks, Nets, GSW, Lakers & Clippers have the best feed imo. The Kings broadcast is worth it just for Kayte Christensen tbh. Houston, SA, Dallas & Portland are up there among the worst.

Expert
12-07-2014, 08:16 AM
I believe the OP is asking about specific statements not specific people.

Baseline
12-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Ralph Lawler is far and away the best in the business. And I love Ralph and Mike tandem - total hilarity. Not sure why Clipper fans wouldn't love Mike Smith.

All Laker announcers are an absolute joke. The only person worse than Stu Lance in the entire universe is John Ireland.

Killakobe81
12-07-2014, 06:05 PM
at least on TV.

This. stu aint shit without chick. knowledgable, objective but they both suck. when i was kid we had Scully on dodgers, Miller on Kings and chick on lakers I dont think any city anywhere ever had 3 of the best doing local teams. all 3 are HOf quality broadcasters.

Killakobe81
12-07-2014, 06:06 PM
As for Radio we were OK with Spiro and many fans wanted him to take over TV broadcasts but franchise let him walk ...

Killakobe81
12-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Oh and Lawler and Walton were really good too ... that is how good LA had it ... that wa sour FOURTH best announcing team and they would shit on 95% of the league right now

spurraider21
12-07-2014, 06:08 PM
As for Radio we were OK with Spiro and many fans wanted him to take over TV broadcasts but franchise let him walk ...
Spiro was great tbh... and it was impressive since he was a one man show. he had to act as the play by play and color commentator. the clippers radio guy does that too, but he tries to be way too wordy and clever that it gets annoying. calls the rim the orange cylinder, etc.

Miller is my favorite in any sport tbh

Killakobe81
12-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Ralph Lawler is far and away the best in the business. And I love Ralph and Mike tandem - total hilarity. Not sure why Clipper fans wouldn't love Mike Smith.

All Laker announcers are an absolute joke. The only person worse than Stu Lance in the entire universe is John Ireland.

I like Lawler (Oh me oh my and Lawler's law) but ... dont like Smith but he is Ok.
You are right quality of announcing team is another place the clips have surpassed Lakers ...too bad they cant win at least one ring ...

Clipper Nation
12-07-2014, 06:18 PM

Smith is a homer with shit takes who adds nothing of interest to the games. Plus we were spoiled with the amazing Ralph/Walton tandem.

Killakobe81
12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Smith is a homer with shit takes who adds nothing of interest to the games. Plus we were spoiled with the amazing Ralph/Walton tandem.

This they were really good I would give the edge to ChicknStu but ...
Walton was always better than Stu from a entertainment perspective ...Stu used to be really good at providing insight in to post play still is. but he has gotten corny ("niiiiice") and cranky since Chick croaked. kinda reminds me of my granny since Pops passed he doesnt know what to do with himself ...

Robz4000
12-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Not NBA-related, but whoever is calling the SEA/PHI game just said Joe Montana would be overwhelmed by Seattle's D.

spurraider21
12-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Not NBA-related, but whoever is calling the SEA/PHI game just said Joe Montana would be overwhelmed by Seattle's D.
inb4 harlem and his crew come in with the "old generation athletes suck" shtick

:lmao joe montana would be alex smith today
:lmao steve young would be rg3

etc