PDA

View Full Version : I like our Spurs' chances of repeating as NBA Champions

Embedded
12-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Okay, I said it. Last year we struggled against the 'elite' teams. This year we beat the Warriors, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Cavs ON THEIR HOME FLOOR. We seem to just be dailed in, and we aren't 100% healthy. I like what we're doing to teams even with Aron Baynes replacing Tiago Splitter and Cory Joseph replacing Patty Mills.

ElNono
12-07-2014, 02:51 PM
It's very, very hard to win a championship. Repeat or not. Health is apparently this team biggest foe right now, but you can have a night like against the Nets where shots don't go in, and that could complicate any series. This is certainly a well constructed, very resilient team, but there's nothing to take for granted. Enjoy the ride, it's a long season.

hitmantb
12-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Health is #1.

Splitter's defense, Mills's burst damage that blows game open, whether Duncan has another game 6 OT vs Ibaka performance left in him, whether Kwahi has another game 3, 4, 5 performance vs LeBron with his eye sight.

Enjoy the ride, I already have no regret in this life time watching the Spurs!

spursfaninla
12-07-2014, 02:58 PM
If our top 8 players are all healthy we are legit contenders. With the age and injury history of our roster, not feeling it.

Although Splitter was not a factor in the finals, he was key to getting past dallas and blazers. Patty produced key points in many playoff games. Without them both we don't win it, last year or this one.

We win because we have a deep roster of very good players who we keep fresh all season and in the playoffs.

It remains to be seen how effective he and Mills will be.

superbigtime
12-07-2014, 03:37 PM
I do too but it's 20 games in so this is premature and speculative. At this point we can only hope Spurs are healthy. If everyone is healthy and team is clicking, Spurs have to be the favorite.

Dex
12-07-2014, 03:42 PM
1k8craCGpgs

hater
12-07-2014, 03:45 PM
I'd we keep running manu and td to the ground a repeat won't happen.

The chances of a repeat are 20% at the moment.

Malik Hairston
12-07-2014, 03:51 PM
If they get and stay healthy: 50% chance
If OKC misses the playoffs or gets 7th/8th(and plays Golden State/Memphis, probably): 60%
If they trade Enrique or if he's out for the season: 100%

Blue Duck
12-07-2014, 03:59 PM
I feel Houston lurking in the shadows and waiting to pounce. That team makes me a little nervous.

Old School 44
12-07-2014, 04:08 PM
It's amazing the versatility of this team. It used to be there was some opposing player/team I'd think the Spurs couldn't handle, but now I don't have that same feeling. Not that I don't think they can lose, if someone gets hot anything can happen. I just think it's going to take an extraordinary performance to beat the Spurs in a seven game series.

The Spurs pretty much have an answer for everybody on both sides of the ball. On defense, Kawhi and Danny are amazing wing defenders. Tim, Tiago and Boris are smart/experienced enough to defensively hold their own in the post. On offense, LeBron said it best, "Everyone's a threat". Guys can take you off the dribble or move without the ball, slash to the basket or shoot a three, or make the "good to great" pass. Yeah OP, I like the Spurs chances!

Malik Hairston
12-07-2014, 04:18 PM
It's amazing the versatility of this team. It used to be there was some opposing player/team I'd think the Spurs couldn't handle, but now I don't have that same feeling. Not that I don't think they can lose, if someone gets hot anything can happen. I just think it's going to take an extraordinary performance to beat the Spurs in a seven game series.

The Spurs pretty much have an answer for everybody on both sides of the ball. On defense, Kawhi and Danny are amazing wing defenders. Tim, Tiago and Boris are smart/experienced enough to defensively hold their own in the post. On offense, LeBron said it best, "Everyone's a threat". Guys can take you off the dribble or move without the ball, slash to the basket or shoot a three, or make the "good to great" pass. Yeah OP, I like the Spurs chances!

Ya, the transformation of the roster from 2008 to 2013 has been historically good, tbh..

From too many aging vets in 2008(Finley, Bowen, Thomas, Horry, Oberto, McDyess etc), to shitty experiments(Bogans, Mason, Hairston, Mahinmi, full-time Bonner), followed by productive players that were too flawed to rely on when it mattered(Jefferson, Hill, Blair) to the current, stacked team that plays any style of play that is required to win..

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I like how the Spurs have a roster that presents match-up issues for everyone and that dictates the match-ups, both offensively, but especially defensively - the Spurs have the personnel to handle stretch 4s, they can destroy any team playing 2 traditional bigs, they have Green to put on small and quick PGs - something tha very few teams have, they have Leonard to put on strong wings, etc. Such a well balanced playoff 9-10 man rotation. Health is the main issue.

wildbill2u
12-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Jesus, the WC is tough this year. We are 15-5 (.75) and in FIFTH PLACE in the WC after 1/4 of the season. Even worse, we're not even #1 in our SW Division. We're in THIRD place.

I'm a believer and think we can grind them down by May, but it is going to be a long hard slog through some very talented teams.

Diego20
12-07-2014, 05:43 PM
I'd we keep running manu and td to the ground a repeat won't happen.

The chances of a repeat are 20% at the moment.

If you say that then the chances of a repeat is 99,9%. You are always wrong.

BillMc
12-07-2014, 07:18 PM
I feel Houston lurking in the shadows and waiting to pounce. That team makes me a little nervous.

Me too. Yet, I can't see McHale out coaching Pop in a series. I just feel that our players and coaching staff would make adjustments he couldn't counter. Could be wrong though. Even Scotty Brooks made a Finals.

Sean Cagney
12-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Health is #1.

Splitter's defense, Mills's burst damage that blows game open, whether Duncan has another game 6 OT vs Ibaka performance left in him, whether Kwahi has another game 3, 4, 5 performance vs LeBron with his eye sight.

Enjoy the ride, I already have no regret in this life time watching the Spurs!Exactly.. Its been fun regardless.

Sean Cagney
12-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Jesus, the WC is tough this year. We are 15-5 (.75) and in FIFTH PLACE in the WC after 1/4 of the season. Even worse, we're not even #1 in our SW Division. We're in THIRD place.

I'm a believer and think we can grind them down by May, but it is going to be a long hard slog through some very talented teams.

Exactly, if anyone thinks its going to be easy out West they are fooling themselves.... No way it will be easy.

100%duncan
12-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Why are you all melting down over this thread? :lol

1. He's a normal person that doesn't influence any shit the Spurs does.
2. What he's saying is true.
3. It's never wrong to get confident especially if you're just a fan.

:lol

timtonymanu
12-07-2014, 08:48 PM
All depends on health and if we get more contributions closer to MVParker from Tony. No one can beat a healthy Spurs team for sure.

ElNono
12-07-2014, 09:06 PM
It's also premature because other teams can still make trades and change their makeups... we should have a better idea after the All Star Week.

Old School 44
12-07-2014, 09:27 PM

The Spurs are like a thoroughbred racehorse running a big race. They will let the others run out of the gate. Let them garner all the attention of an early lead, but never let them get too far ahead. As they round the final turn, they make their move, from 5th, to 4th, to 3rd to 2nd and down the stretch it's all over. SPAM!!! :lobt2:

BillMc
12-07-2014, 09:34 PM
The Spurs are like a thoroughbred racehorse running a big race. They will let the others run out of the gate. Let them garner all the attention of an early lead, but never let them get too far ahead. As they round the final turn, they make their move, from 5th, to 4th, to 3rd to 2nd and down the stretch it's all over. SPAM!!! :lobt2:

Spurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4

Mikeanaro
12-07-2014, 10:34 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bz_gHEe9an4/UElYMTeyJrI/AAAAAAAADFQ/uMhh04xXzd4/s1600/repeat.jpg

Old School 44
12-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Spurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4

Great clip!
:bobo

BillMc
12-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Great clip!
:bobo

Thanks. Yep, that's definitely "Old School" isn't it? :toast