PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Rondo could be 1st player since Big O to avg trip double

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Gonna dedicate this thread to Rajon and the watch to average a triple double.

of course he's not looked at as great anymore, but there is no denying him a place in history if he can pull this off.

rondos statline:

10 ppg
8 rpg
12 apg

HemisfairArena
12-07-2014, 11:03 PM
You're right on that,,,LeBron has been close too. And John Wall is coming.

12-07-2014, 11:42 PM
He won't get 10 rpg over the whole season. He'll have to stat pad at record setting rates.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-08-2014, 12:04 AM
He won't get 10 rpg over the whole season. He'll have to stat pad at record setting rates.

How does a PG stat pad rebounds?

ElNono
12-08-2014, 12:09 AM

Like anybody else? leave your man open and run for the board?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-08-2014, 12:13 AM

Ya, I don't think many PG's could achieve 10 rpg even by doing that

12-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Fighting teammates for rebounds and what nono said. It's harder as a pg but can be done.

baseline bum
12-08-2014, 12:18 AM

Rodman style, eh?

SpursFan86
12-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Not a chance in hell he averages 10 rpg. Rondo is trash anyways...can't believe some people actually had him as a top 5 PG going into this year :lol

Malik Hairston
12-08-2014, 12:55 AM
I was watching today's game and he got 2 offensive boards from his own missed floaters that barely grazed the rim..I'm sure he gets plenty of those with his 40% from the field:lol..

m>s
12-08-2014, 12:58 AM
He won't get 10 rpg and if he did it literally wouldn't matter. He's still a shitty statpadder. It's one thing if you get it within the flow of the game but this guy passes up wide open shots to pad assists and can't shoot for shit. I'd rather have hameer Nelson than this fucker.

stephen jackson
12-08-2014, 01:11 AM
hes avg 8.6 ppg?
and 7.6 rpg?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
He won't get 10 rpg and if he did it literally wouldn't matter. He's still a shitty statpadder. It's one thing if you get it within the flow of the game but this guy passes up wide open shots to pad assists and can't shoot for shit. I'd rather have hameer Nelson than this fucker.

So what should he do then if he can't shoot?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
hes avg 8.6 ppg?
and 7.6 rpg?

Stats haven't been added from his game tonight

m>s
12-08-2014, 01:46 AM
So what should he do then if he can't shoot?
Talking about shots he can make like a wide open path to the rim instead this fag would rather pass it. He could always you know learn to shoot also.

sook
12-08-2014, 01:58 AM
you need context for this shit, I already said before that the triple double is the shittiest stat in the game , and I have no doubt in my mind that Rondo stat pads for the other cats since he is such a shitty shooter/scorer.

AussieFanKurt
12-08-2014, 04:01 AM
lucky he's a great padder

AaronY
12-08-2014, 04:05 AM
Hes not even close. Probably like two guys his height have ever averaged 10 rebounds a game and they was probably both on the Syracuse Nats.

Killakobe81
12-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Rodman style, eh?

Thank you ...bulls version, not Pistons version he was so much more locked in on elite defense in Detroit. Didnt watch him much with Spurs ...but Detroit era Rodman was a great rebounder and HOF defender ...Bulls version a good not great one who left his man to stat pad baords and also was a shameless flopper.

If he played today the gifs would be hilarious. but because he played on MJ's Bulls he gets a pass for this ...

lefty
12-08-2014, 10:56 AM
lucky he's a great padder

baseline bum
12-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Thank you ...bulls version, not Pistons version he was so much more locked in on elite defense in Detroit. Didnt watch him much with Spurs ...but Detroit era Rodman was a great rebounder and HOF defender ...Bulls version a good not great one who left his man to stat pad baords and also was a shameless flopper.

If he played today the gifs would be hilarious. but because he played on MJ's Bulls he gets a pass for this ...

Spurs era is when Rodman started really stat-padding his rebound totals; most famous example is in Game 1 of the 1995 WCF when he left his man wide open to run to grab the rebound with 9 seconds left and the Spurs nursing a one point lead. That man he left was Robert Horry and he drilled the game winner. Even worse Rodman went nuts in Game 2 and started jacking up threes in the first quarter (3 of them to be exact) of a now must-win game, earning his stupid ass a benching. Then after the Spurs went into Houston and took two games to tie the series back up Rodman pulled his usual crap by showing up an hour late to practice before Game 5, earning himself yet another benching. People outside of San Antonio don't remember this shit, but if he pulled that in this era the media would have murdered him. Rodman was always kind of unbalanced, but Chuck Daly and that Pistons team kept him in line until they started being broken up in the early 90s.

Killakobe81
12-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Spurs era is when Rodman started really stat-padding his rebound totals; most famous example is in Game 1 of the 1995 WCF when he left his man wide open to run to grab the rebound with 9 seconds left and the Spurs nursing a one point lead. That man he left was Robert Horry and he drilled the game winner. Even worse Rodman went nuts in Game 2 and started jacking up threes in the first quarter (3 of them to be exact) of a now must-win game, earning his stupid ass a benching. Then after the Spurs went into Houston and took two games to tie the series back up Rodman pulled his usual crap by showing up an hour late to practice before Game 5, earning himself yet another benching. People outside of San Antonio don't remember this shit, but if he pulled that in this era the media would have murdered him. Rodman was always kind of unbalanced, but Chuck Daly and that Pistons team kept him in line until they started being broken up in the early 90s.

No lie, thanks for sharing. I remember people making jokes on here about David chasing him with a bible but this makes much more sense. And you are right Daly and his staff did a good job but the Rodman you got was much more imbalanced too ... stories would circulate LA about the wild shit he got in to ...not sure if he did the same in SA ...but him leaving Horry for a gamewinner doesnt surprise me. again great defender in Detroit amazing rebounder everywhere but so overrated by Bulls fan ... personally I feel more should call him out for the shit you described but David gets the blame as the star. Like you said if it happened today simmons would call him coward the way he killed Vince for quitting on teams ...but he joined the first version of the "heatles" with Mj's Bulls and all his sins were forgiven.

baseline bum
12-08-2014, 03:24 PM
No lie, thanks for sharing. I remember people making jokes on here about David chasing him with a bible but this makes much more sense. And you are right Daly and his staff did a good job but the Rodman you got was much more imbalanced too ... stories would circulate LA about the wild shit he got in to ...not sure if he did the same in SA ...but him leaving Horry for a gamewinner doesnt surprise me. again great defender in Detroit amazing rebounder everywhere but so overrated by Bulls fan ... personally I feel more should call him out for the shit you described but David gets the blame as the star. Like you said if it happened today simmons would call him coward the way he killed Vince for quitting on teams ...but he joined the first version of the "heatles" with Mj's Bulls and all his sins were forgiven.

Well, there's no denying that Olajuwon absolutely destroyed Robinson in that series and David did preach to Rodman about turning to Jesus at least one time I have read about. But none of that excuses the quitting act he pulled in San Antonio. The fact that no GM would touch him other than Chicago's in the summer of 1995 and that all the Spurs could get for him was backup center Will Perdue should solidify the level of cancer he was at that time. I shouldn't complain though, because that disastrous WCF is likely what laid the seeds for the players' revolt (specifically Robinson and Avery Johnson) against Bob Hill, which is how Popovich became the coach. That's the real reason Pop fired Hill and took over the day Robinson returned from his back injury in the 1996-97 season.

It's funny you bring up Simmons though, as on his podcast a few weeks back Zach Lowe was shitting all over Rodman for the stat-padding. They were talking about how Bosh was a much better rebounder than the numbers would indicate because he's out there chasing guys on pick and rolls and trapping, and how Miami rebounds at a much better rate with Bosh on the floor. And then Kevin Love was the other side of the coin, how his rebound numbers are inflated. But then he went off on Rodman as the ultimate example of someone who quit trying on defense to stat pad rebounds.

Killakobe81
12-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Well, there's no denying that Olajuwon absolutely destroyed Robinson in that series and David did preach to Rodman about turning to Jesus at least one time I have read about. But none of that excuses the quitting act he pulled in San Antonio. The fact that no GM would touch him other than Chicago's in the summer of 1995 and that all the Spurs could get for him was backup center Will Perdue should solidify the level of cancer he was at that time. I shouldn't complain though, because that disastrous WCF is likely what laid the seeds for the players' revolt (specifically Robinson and Avery Johnson) against Bob Hill, which is how Popovich became the coach. That's the real reason Pop fired Hill and took over the day Robinson returned from his back injury in the 1996-97 season.

It's funny you bring up Simmons though, as on his podcast a few weeks back Zach Lowe was shitting all over Rodman for the stat-padding. They were talking about how Bosh was a much better rebounder than the numbers would indicate because he's out there chasing guys on pick and rolls and trapping, and how Miami rebounds at a much better rate with Bosh on the floor. And then Kevin Love was the other side of the coin, how his rebound numbers are inflated. But then he went off on Rodman as the ultimate example of someone who quit trying on defense to stat pad rebounds.

Do you remember which one? I love Lowe he is one of the few analytics guys that balances it with actually watching the "beauty" of the game. Glad some folks are calling him out for this. I brought it up in the Rodman HOF? debate threads but most former Bulls bandwaggoners were arguing with me for calling him overrated defensively ... like I said Kobe was >Jordan ... I dont get it. And that is why WATCHING the game matters. If you look at rebound rate, maybe even defensive win shares ...and Rodman probably does fine. But if you watched the game without Mj and Bulls colored glasses dude left his man to pad board stats and flopped worse than Manu or Fisher in their prime but because everyone Loved the Bulls, and plenty enjoyed Rodman's hustle people act like that never happened. I watched Rodman in his prime lock down great players no flops necessary. his rebound numbers were good but he stayed true to Daly's principles.

And not to defend David sure Dream took his cookie but if you are true to yourself as a Christian and you see a soul that seems to need saving ...why wouldnt he preach to him? Shouldnt he at least try to expose him to the word? I dont get why that is so funny on here whether you believe in god or not ...same as sharing your beliefs on politics. If he refuses then no it doesnt make sense because you shouldnt force your views on anyone ... but I dont blame him for trying.

Mel_13
12-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Gonna dedicate this thread to Rajon and the watch to average a triple double.

of course he's not looked at as great anymore, but there is no denying him a place in history if he can pull this off.

rondos statline:

10 ppg
8 rpg
12 apg

Those are his per36 numbers. His per game averages are:

8.8 ppg
11.2 apg
7.8 rpg