PDA

View Full Version : Going to the game 12/15, likely sitting some of the big 3

spursfanincolorado
12-08-2014, 12:12 PM
With Pop's penchant for sitting some of the Big 3 on a back to back, would it make more sense to rest them for the Nuggets seeing as Portland is a likely playoff contender over the Nuggets? This Friday is the Lakers so another easy win I assume.

I've been to plenty of games in Denver, and SA, but it's the first experience for my gf and her two kids we have great seats (111) section and spent a good amount of coin, but I'm blessed to see them again on my birthday in Feb in Portland.

i live in Seattle now.

anyway, GSG!

Mel_13
12-08-2014, 12:40 PM
5th game in 7 nights.

2nd game of a B2B.

Traveling from Denver to Portland.

Shapes up as the sort of game that Pop will rest Tim and Manu. Your best hope would be for a blowout in Denver with very limited minutes for Tim and Manu. Even then, they'll probably sit. The Spurs have 18 games in December, including 6 B2Bs. The old guys will sit for 1 or 2 games this month.

Fireball
12-08-2014, 12:40 PM
you said 12/15 ... that date is a home game against Portland and the first game of a b2b ... Pop rarely sits the Big 3 in a home game which is not the 2nd night of a b2b

Drom John
12-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I believe the Spurs tend to rest on the second game. I believe Pop tries to win the first game, and adjusts for the second game when it comes. Pray for a blowout in Denver and the big three sitting during in the second half. Either way, you will get the Spurs in Portland.

12-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Yeah, that 12/15 game is an away game on the second night of a back to back. Pop will likely sit a couple players.

spursfanincolorado
12-08-2014, 01:13 PM
I just hope there's no injuries either way during this brutal stretch. This could be a great way to test the mettle of this team with Tiaggo coming back soon and Patty on the horizon!

just hope my coworker, who is a huge Trailblazer fan ,gets to enjoy a loss to the short handed Spurs!

Beaverfuzz
12-08-2014, 02:53 PM
I'll be at that game too. SA on Friday and then Portland on Monday. Good couple of days!!

Beaverfuzz
12-08-2014, 02:55 PM
I bet Parker plays (assuming the hammy is good) as well as Manu. Duncan will sit almost guaranteed.