PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Linsanity

RsxPiimp
12-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Jeremy Lin: "We have so much going on. So many new people, coaches, playing with Kobe. Trying to figure out everything, all at once."

Lin throwing Kobe under the bus :lol

Anyway, wonder what's in store for Lin's career since he's most likely gone. He's been throwing jabs at Scott recently, won't be surprised if he's traded even.

benstanfield
12-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Funny how Lin is so prone to whine about his selfish teammates, yet he's a subpar NBA player that can't do anything without the ball in HIS hands. He's bad unless HE has the ball, and then he's just mediocre :lol

His ideal role is 6th man on a tanking team. No shame in that :lol

Cry Havoc
12-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Funny how Lin is so prone to whine about his selfish teammates, yet he's a subpar NBA player that can't do anything without the ball in HIS hands. He's bad unless HE has the ball, and then he's just mediocre :lol

His ideal role is 6th man on a tanking team. No shame in that :lol

Sounds like you just described their starting SG. :lol

ambchang
12-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Lin really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. He is most certainly an average PG in the league, who is a borderline starting PG, and is really only useful with a ball in his hands.

I have said it before that he is best used as a focus of the 2nd unit, and lead a bunch of athletic wings who can fly up and down the court and play up tempo. Playing against slightly weaker competition, with players who can help him finish, while covering his defensive deficiency would maximize his value.

Players like Vasquez, Redick, Calderon, and such are about as effective as him this year, and they are not getting close to as much hate.

StrengthAndHonor
12-08-2014, 02:50 PM
I have said it before that he is best used as a focus of the 2nd unit, and lead a bunch of athletic wings who can fly up and down the court and play up tempo. Playing against slightly weaker competition, with players who can help him finish, while covering his defensive deficiency would maximize his value.

In short. He's horrible. You can plug any PG and give them the same type of role and I'm sure they'll thrive.

Cry Havoc
12-08-2014, 02:56 PM
In short. He's horrible. You can plug any PG and give them the same type of role and I'm sure they'll thrive.

Says the guy with Jordan Fucking Farmar as the backup point on his team. Come on bro, you don't even have to look past your own team to find 1s who are FAR worse than Lin.

Killakobe81
12-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Lin has helped the tank more than he has hurt it so I continue to endorse the man as our starter ...

That damn, Byron!!!

unforeseen
12-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Lin has helped the tank more than he has hurt it so I continue to endorse the man as our starter ...

That damn, Byron!!!

What if the Lakers pick is a bust? Are you going to advocate for another tank the following year? This tanking mentality eventually becomes the main goal, instead of a backup plan.

StrengthAndHonor
12-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Says the guy with Jordan Fucking Farmar as the backup point on his team. Come on bro, you don't even have to look past your own team to find 1s who are FAR worse than Lin.

I don't find Lin useless, I would welcome him with open arms with the Clippers as a matter of fact, but he wouldn't really address our biggest concerns. Anyway, that's beside my point.

My response to ambchang was more in jest, since he basically gave Lin the most ideal scenario in order to flourish, any NBA caliber guard would succeed in that scenario is all I'm saying.

Killakobe81
12-08-2014, 03:40 PM
What if the Lakers pick is a bust? Are you going to advocate for another tank the following year? This tanking mentality eventually becomes the main goal, instead of a backup plan.

Even a bust has value ...we need talent and assets a few ego massaging wins for Kobe, Byron or spoiled Laker fans don't mean shit.

Killakobe81
12-08-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't find Lin useless, I would welcome him with open arms with the Clippers as a matter of fact, but he wouldn't really address our biggest concerns. Anyway, that's beside my point.

My response to ambchang was more in jest, since he basically gave Lin the most ideal scenario in order to flourish, any NBA caliber guard would succeed in that scenario is all I'm saying.

Despite his hate Amb knows some hoops but is blinded by some Hoosiers nirvana where if people just share the ball in the right system mediocre players can achieve miracles. Spurs system works because they take good players ...all of the top 9 Spurs when healthy can dribble well for their position and shoot. Lin would be the third or 4th pg on Spurs . Could pop and Duncan get more out of Lin? Sure. But they ain't turning him to Parker or Mills either

ambchang
12-08-2014, 03:48 PM

Not really, that means average. Horrible PGs can never thrive.

ambchang
12-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Despite his hate Amb knows some hoops but is blinded by some Hoosiers nirvana where if people just share the ball in the right system mediocre players can achieve miracles. Spurs system works because they take good players ...all of the top 9 Spurs when healthy can dribble well for their position and shoot. Lin would be the third or 4th pg on Spurs . Could pop and Duncan get more out of Lin? Sure. But they ain't turning him to Parker or Mills either

I hope the Spurs don't take Lin, his game won't work with the Spurs because he is weak defensively. OTOH, he is no where close to as bad as people make him out to be.

He's not even their worst starting guard.

Killakobe81
12-08-2014, 04:32 PM
I hope the Spurs don't take Lin, his game won't work with the Spurs because he is weak defensively. OTOH, he is no where close to as bad as people make him out to be.

He's not even their worst starting guard.

:lol

Splits
12-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Byron certainly yanked the wrong guard from the starting lineup. :lol 6/18 for 14pts

Franklin
12-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Rin needs the ball in his hands to be effective (by his own shitty standard) yet his dribbling might be even creepier than most forwards in the league today, which results in him being a TO generator. Dude's market value is high for his race, but if I had an NBA team I'd rather hire Yi to sell me tickets & jerseys overseas, at least playing a crappy PF wouldn't hurt my team as much as a shitty PG does.

m>s
12-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Fkla said he had all star potential when everyone was gay for him back during his little streak in NY. Back when I said his ceiling was solid backup pg and most people here actually disagreed with me.