PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Boozer exposing B. Scott

RsxPiimp
12-08-2014, 04:58 PM
BOSTON – Lakers forward Carlos Boozer has a mostly deserved reputation as a poor defender. But there must be a limit on his shortcomings, because, for four years in Chicago, Tom Thibodeau built excellent defenses with Boozer starting.

How did the Bulls do it?

Boozer says Chicago drilled its scheme daily, players actually moving through their defensive rotations to reinforce them.

“We just did it every day,” Boozer said. “Even if we did it for five minutes, 10 minutes.”

Every day? Is that hyperbole?

“Every day,” Boozer said. “In Chicago with Thibs, we drilled our defensive rotation every day. Every day. In the morning at shootaround, practice day – it’d obviously be a lot longer on the practice day. But every day, we drilled it to make sure we know where we were supposed to be at, what we were going to do.”

And in Los Angeles?

“We talk about it a lot,” Boozer said.:lol

That the Lakers do.

“The main thing that I have to do right away is establish ourselves as a defensive basketball team,” first-year Lakers coach Byron Scott said at his introductory press conference.

“We’ll come ready to defend every single night,” he guaranteed.

Scott can blame his players – Boozer has been a (fair) target – but the Lakers’ upgrading their defensive personnel might not even be enough to solve this issue. In his last coaching job, Scott led the Cavaliers 29th-, 26th- and 27th-best defensive ratings in the league. The next year, Mike Brown helped lift Cleveland to No. 19. There just isn’t much evidence Scott can design and install an effective defense in the modern NBA.

Beyond any concerns about Scott’s lack of understanding of how the game has evolved, there’s the big question about how he delivers his message.

Boozer said he’d follow Scott’s lead if the coach continues talking about defense more than drilling it.

The 2014-15 Lakers not only rank last in the league in defensive rating, they’re historically bad.

This is a team with defensive woes everyone – from old-school holdouts to advanced-stats aficionados – can appreciate. By allowing 115.2 points per 100 possessions, the Lakers are on pace to set the all-time record for worst defensive rating. The highest mark for a full season is 114.7 – done by the 2008-09 Kings, 1992-93 Mavericks and 1990-91 Nuggets.

:lol

RsxPiimp
12-08-2014, 05:00 PM
"One preaches defense but doesn't coach it and the other wants to practice it but won't play it"

:lol

Raven
12-08-2014, 05:22 PM
This is a team with defensive woes everyone – from old-school holdouts to advanced-stats aficionados – can appreciate. By allowing 115.2 points per 100 possessions, the Lakers are on pace to set the all-time record for worst defensive rating. The highest mark for a full season is 114.7 – done by the 2008-09 Kings, 1992-93 Mavericks and 1990-91 Nuggets.

whaaaaat? i can't believe this shit :lol:lol:lol

djohn2oo8
12-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Scott hardly had as much dialogue with Boozer about his role. In fact, Scott said he basically had none. Boozer missed Sunday’s morning shootaround because of an upper respiratory infection. Scott then told reporters about Boozer’s demotion. Boozer eventually found out second hand.

“Carlos has been in this league for 13 years,” Scott said. “I don’t have to have feedback on him or talk to him. He’s not young like Jeremy. I didn’t get a chance to tell him. When I walked in I could tell he knew. He already knows. No big deal. We’ll go from here and see how he handles it.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/12/07/lakers-jeremy-lin-carlos-boozer-both-disappointed-with-bench-role/

Holy fuck :lol

djohn2oo8
12-08-2014, 07:10 PM

djohn2oo8
12-08-2014, 07:12 PM

StrengthAndHonor
12-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Scott hardly had as much dialogue with Boozer about his role. In fact, Scott said he basically had none. Boozer missed Sunday’s morning shootaround because of an upper respiratory infection. Scott then told reporters about Boozer’s demotion. Boozer eventually found out second hand.

“Carlos has been in this league for 13 years,” Scott said. “I don’t have to have feedback on him or talk to him. He’s not young like Jeremy. I didn’t get a chance to tell him. When I walked in I could tell he knew. He already knows. No big deal. We’ll go from here and see how he handles it.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/12/07/lakers-jeremy-lin-carlos-boozer-both-disappointed-with-bench-role/

Holy fuck :lol

Wow, getting really ugly.

Malik Hairston
12-08-2014, 08:01 PM
I still can't believe there are people that believed the Lakers were trying to win games this year, tbh:lol..

Byron Scott is one of the worst coaches in the history of the league..his last stint ended horribly, too..you don't hire Byron Scott in 2014 if you're trying to win games..

djohn2oo8
12-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I still can't believe there are people that believed the Lakers were trying to win games this year, tbh:lol..

Byron Scott is one of the worst coaches in the history of the league..his last stint ended horribly, too..you don't hire Byron Scott in 2014 if you're trying to win games..

The pick is going to Phoenix

Malik Hairston
12-08-2014, 08:43 PM

No, Lakers will get a top 5 pick IMO..

Their ceiling is the 6th or 7th worse team in the league, and I'm sure the ping pong balls will bounce their way, too..

Franklin
12-08-2014, 10:02 PM
anything that may hurt the tanking movement shall be abandoned tbh

100%duncan
12-08-2014, 10:18 PM
:lmao I hate boozer too so this is a win win

RsxPiimp
12-08-2014, 10:30 PM

Narutoluva
12-09-2014, 06:08 AM
wow lakeshow implosion :lmao

scanry
12-09-2014, 06:25 AM
tbh Boozer is a blackhole. Always has and always will be.

Killakobe81
12-09-2014, 08:46 AM

Like my boy Marlo Stanfield says ...

Marlo: It's the other way. ...y'all want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

the pick stays. And with any luck yall will lose a few more and the pick for Lin is in low 20's ...

Killakobe81
12-09-2014, 08:50 AM

Never liked him.

Amb: "This Lakers team is not that bad ...it's all Kobe's fault!!" Lin is a not that bad even though he would back up freaking Joseph and Patty Mills on the Spurs but is a starter for the Lakers. boozer would back up Duncan, Splitter, heck maybe even Ayers and Bonner ...but that is at least debatable. but again he is our STARTER. But no this team is a 40 win team ...GTFO.

This team sucks Kobe and Byron will have to eat this turd sandwich and IDGAF is other Lakers fans have too much pride to tank ... Im riding that bitch to June's draft ...

Clipper Nation
12-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Like my boy Marlo Stanfield says ...

Marlo: It's the other way. ...y'all want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

the pick stays. And with any luck yall will lose a few more and the pick for Lin is in low 20's ...
The Pick stays in Arizona.

Clipper Nation
12-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Amb: "This Lakers team is not that bad ...it's all Kobe's fault!!"
Amb dropping truthbombs, tbh.

Expert
12-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Never liked him.

Amb: "This Lakers team is not that bad ...it's all Kobe's fault!!" Lin is a not that bad even though he would back up freaking Joseph and Patty Mills on the Spurs but is a starter for the Lakers. boozer would back up Duncan, Splitter, heck maybe even Ayers and Bonner ...but that is at least debatable. but again he is our STARTER. But no this team is a 40 win team ...GTFO.

This team sucks Kobe and Byron will have to eat this turd sandwich and IDGAF is other Lakers fans have too much pride to tank ... Im riding that bitch to June's draft ...
Circa 2013. Soon you will have an entire division of tanks.

ambchang
12-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Never liked him.

You are putting stuff out of context.

I said I don't want Lin on the Spurs because of his defensive issues.

As an individual player, Lin has qualities that are > Mills and CoJo, they are just qualities that the Spurs need.

Same with Boozer, I would take him over Ayers in a second, and would consider him over Baynes and Bonner under certain situations.

And it's widely known that the Spurs bench is pretty much a 40-win team, so having starters that are comparable to the spurs bench will net you 40 wins, and I was being conservative and gave the Lakers a 35-win prediction.

I still believe in that. The Lakers would still be a 35-win team if Kobe gets in line, and start distributing the ball and helping his teammates. Too bad he is out their chucking for his own record at the expense of the team though.

djohn2oo8
12-09-2014, 04:01 PM
EL SEGUNDO – Byron Scott is not budging in the standoff between he and veteran power forward Carlos Boozer.
Two days after benching Boozer for defensive reasons, Scott brushed aside Boozer’s comments that he had a “different opinion” about the rationale.

“He’s not the coach,” Scott said. “It’s my opinion. As a coach sometimes you have to make tough decisions. It was a tough decision but I made it, I’m going to stick to it and we’re just going to go from there.”

Scott benched Boozer and point guard Jeremy Lin (http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/byron-644721-clear-plans.html#) on Sunday in favor of Ed Davis and Ronnie Price as the Lakers (http://www.ocregister.com/sections/sports/lakers/) lost 104-87 to the New Orleans Pelicans.

Scott said he had a lengthy conversation with Lin following his decision to move the point guard to the bench, but no such talk happened (http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/byron-644721-clear-plans.html#) with Boozer. From the sounds of things, one is not forthcoming either.

“I didn’t necessarily need to talk to Jeremy. He came to me. So no, I don’t feel I need to clear (http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/byron-644721-clear-plans.html#) the air.”

djohn2oo8
12-09-2014, 04:02 PM
EL SEGUNDO – Byron Scott is not budging in the standoff between he and veteran power forward Carlos Boozer.
Two days after benching Boozer for defensive reasons, Scott brushed aside Boozer’s comments that he had a “different opinion” about the rationale.

“He’s not the coach,” Scott said. “It’s my opinion. As a coach sometimes you have to make tough decisions. It was a tough decision but I made it, I’m going to stick to it and we’re just going to go from there.”

Scott benched Boozer and point guard Jeremy Lin (http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/byron-644721-clear-plans.html#) on Sunday in favor of Ed Davis and Ronnie Price as the Lakers (http://www.ocregister.com/sections/sports/lakers/) lost 104-87 to the New Orleans Pelicans.

Scott said he had a lengthy conversation with Lin following his decision to move the point guard to the bench, but no such talk happened (http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/byron-644721-clear-plans.html#) with Boozer. From the sounds of things, one is not forthcoming either.

“I didn’t necessarily need to talk to Jeremy. He came to me. So no, I don’t feel I need to clear (http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/byron-644721-clear-plans.html#) the air.”

How can Scott be such an arrogant shitty coach

Indazone
12-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Bryon Scott is an excellent Tank Commander.

Indazone
12-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Lin and Boozer on the Spurs would make sense because the Spurs have a good system. Byron Scott, "I don't like three's"...not so much.

Killakobe81
12-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Bryon Scott is an excellent Tank Commander.

Yes he is!!!
We will follow to the gates of hell ... and visit the great satan Stern!!!
CHARGE!!!

djohn2oo8
12-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Yes he is!!!
We will follow to the gates of hell ... and visit the great satan Stern!!!
CHARGE!!!

Who is going to want to play there? Scott has lost the team 20 games into the season. Prospects will look at that.