PDA

View Full Version : Bexar County approves $101.5 million renovation to the AT&T Center

Pages : [1] 2

Mel_13
12-09-2014, 06:49 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/spurs/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/att_cener_se_entrance_rendering_large_0.jpg?itok=W l1ypfUB

Bexar County Commissioners Court on Tuesday gave Spurs Sports & Entertainment the green light to begin up to $101.5 million in improvements and renovations to the County-owned AT&T Center. The renovations to the infrastructure and technology will improve the guest experience at every level of the 12-year-old arena and are scheduled to take place in the summer of 2015.

Infrastructure enhancements to the AT&T Center will include new seating arena-wide, improvements to the arena entrances, relocation and expansion of the Fan Shop, expanded concourses in the charter level, updated suite areas and new fan improvements and seating options in the balcony level. Renovations will also include an expansion of the plaza level Whataburger concession, which will be open to the general public on non-event days. Technology improvements to the AT&T Center will include a new high-definition center-hung scoreboard and the addition of wraparound LED boards to the NE, SE and SW towers.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/bexar-county-approves-101.5-million-renovation-att-center

SupremeGuy
12-09-2014, 07:09 PM
About time.

Creation88
12-09-2014, 07:58 PM
love this but i wonder how it works in conjunction with this article. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Bexar-County-approves-upgrades-to-AT-T-Center-5162410.php it's mentioned the lighthouse and seating would be upgraded...i'm guessing it's this new $101.5 renovation not part of the $6M wireless internet package. has the wifi been upgraded? news to me...it's still bad, no?

Mel_13
12-09-2014, 08:01 PM
The wifi works great. Strong signal even when the building is full.

BatManu20
12-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Should go ahead and use some of that money to start building Duncan's statue out front tbh.

PÒÓCH
12-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Should go ahead and use some of that money to start building Duncan's statue out front tbh.

And Ice's as well as D. Robs.

KL2
12-09-2014, 08:55 PM
I was wondering when they were gonna build it, definitely gotta check it out next year. Much needed upgrades.

What current arena do you guys think it'll look similar to?

FuzzyLumpkins
12-09-2014, 09:03 PM

I agree with this. Ice kept the Spurs relevant when 75% of the ABA disbanded at the merger.

I would love to see the statue be of

http://blog.newscom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tim-Duncan-David-Robinson-NBA-Championship.jpg

Chinook
12-09-2014, 09:42 PM
I wonder if the affects the City's plans to lure an NFL team?

Mel_13
12-09-2014, 10:05 PM
I wonder if the affects the City's plans to lure an NFL team?

There's no obvious connection. These improvements are part of a long-term plan for the arena.

Prose
12-09-2014, 10:08 PM
about time. not to be harsh....but the at&t looks like a big barn and dosent really look good on tv. They have a terrible big screen that is small and still standard definition. Kind of makes me miss the alamodome, at least it was big and better colors haha.

Juggity
12-09-2014, 10:20 PM
They should consider using the $101 mil to put wheels under the arena and roll it out of the ghetto

SpurPadre
12-09-2014, 11:06 PM

And Manu's.

Chris
12-09-2014, 11:13 PM
The seats are so close together, you feel like a sardine in a loaded aisle.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2014, 11:26 PM
I was wondering when they were gonna build it, definitely gotta check it out next year. Much needed upgrades.

What current arena do you guys think it'll look similar to?It will look a lot like the AT&T Center with a bigger fan shop and Whataburger.

exstatic
12-09-2014, 11:28 PM
It will look a lot like the AT&T Center with a bigger fan shop and Whataburger.

:lol

gameFACE
12-10-2014, 12:19 AM
:sombrero: Can't wait to hear how this goes over with the forum nazi's

Designers said the new additions, some of which are aesthetic, will highlight the culture of San Antonio.

Accordion-style facades will greet visitors along the outside of the arena. even tiles that reflect a fashion similar to what you'd find at the historic missions around the city.

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/local/2014/12/09/att-center-receives-101-million-for-improvements/20167713/

Darius Bieber
12-10-2014, 12:27 AM
They should consider using the $101 mil to put wheels under the arena and roll it out of the ghetto

This tbh. Should be located in NW San Antonio, perhaps by La Cantera.

benstanfield
12-10-2014, 12:51 AM
:lol Spending .1 billion on a 12 year old building when the surrounding 5 mile radius is Satan's two lane shithole

Dingle Barry
12-10-2014, 01:19 AM

Holy shit was about to post this exact thing word for word. I will never get over how half baked the idea building it there was. It's one thing if they actually, you know, had a developer committed to you know, developing the area. You don't reverse urban decay just by plopping down an arena, dumbshits.

If we ever get an NFL team they'll build a stadium in Kirby.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Holy shit was about to post this exact thing word for word. I will never get over how half baked the idea building it there was. It's one thing if they actually, you know, had a developer committed to you know, developing the area. You don't reverse urban decay just by plopping down an arena, dumbshits.

If we ever get an NFL team they'll build a stadium in Kirby.That's the city's fault. They could have just plopped it in one of the Alamodome parking lots and built some garages. The county kept the team in town and that was really the only way they could do it.

Dingle Barry
12-10-2014, 02:04 AM
That's the city's fault. They could have just plopped it in one of the Alamodome parking lots and built some garages. The county kept the team in town and that was really the only way they could do it.

Not saying who is right or wrong between you and wikipedia, but according to wiki it sounds like the county and franchise are responsible:

The Spurs and the city had come to an agreement to build a new facility adjacent to the Alamodome, but in a last-minute reversal, the team partnered with Bexar County to construct a new arena adjacent to the Freeman Coliseum. As a part of the agreement the facility would be home to the Spurs, a new ice hockey team (what became the Rampage), and the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo Association's annual, multi-day event (the latter requiring the Spurs to engage in an extended road trip every February).

ChumpDumper
12-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Not saying who is right or wrong between you and wikipedia, but according to wiki it sounds like the county and franchise are responsible:

The Spurs and the city had come to an agreement to build a new facility adjacent to the Alamodome, but in a last-minute reversal, the team partnered with Bexar County to construct a new arena adjacent to the Freeman Coliseum. As a part of the agreement the facility would be home to the Spurs, a new ice hockey team (what became the Rampage), and the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo Association's annual, multi-day event (the latter requiring the Spurs to engage in an extended road trip every February).Hm, no sources at all.

spurraider21
12-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Hm, no sources at all.
did you provide sources?

Dingle Barry
12-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Sounds like ol Nelson Wolff had a hand in it.

In "Transforming San Antonio" Wolff gives an insider's view on signature economic-development projects with which he was involved: the AT&T Center...

Way to develop those economics, Nelson.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2014, 02:22 AM
did you provide sources?Nope, just going by memory.

I certainly allow for the possibility it's true.

spurraider21
12-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Nope
ok

ChumpDumper
12-10-2014, 02:26 AM
okI sure hope it is.

For all our sakes.

spurraider21
12-10-2014, 02:38 AM
I sure hope it is.

For all our sakes.
ok was referring to my acknowledgment, not my permission

T Park
12-10-2014, 02:42 AM

The Spurs and the city had come to an agreement to build a new facility adjacent to the Alamodome, but in a last-minute reversal, the team partnered with Bexar County to construct a new arena adjacent to the Freeman Coliseum. As a part of the agreement the facility would be home to the Spurs, a new ice hockey team (what became the Rampage), and the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo Association's annual, multi-day event (the latter requiring the Spurs to engage in an extended road trip every February).

City never wanted an arena.

There was a proposal with a school district involving bonds and what not but those idiots shot down that cash cow.

County stepped in and went partners.

T Park
12-10-2014, 02:42 AM
That's the city's fault. They could have just plopped it in one of the Alamodome parking lots and built some garages. The county kept the team in town and that was really the only way they could do it.

Not even close to any room in the parking lots for an 18k arena nor room for parking.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2014, 02:49 AM
ok was referring to my acknowledgment, not my permissionI was not referring to your permission either.

That was never needed nor requested.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2014, 02:53 AM
Not even close to any room in the parking lots for an 18k arena nor room for parking.Looks pretty close to me, but i do remember the Victoria Courts site more often that the Dome.

TheWriter
12-10-2014, 03:42 AM
Not even close to any room in the parking lots for an 18k arena nor room for parking.

There's definitely room.

TheWriter
12-10-2014, 03:49 AM
City never wanted an arena.

Jesus christ, that's not even true.

TheGreatYacht
12-10-2014, 07:25 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/spurs/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/att_cener_se_entrance_rendering_large_0.jpg?itok=W l1ypfUB

Bexar County Commissioners Court on Tuesday gave Spurs Sports & Entertainment the green light to begin up to $101.5 million in improvements and renovations to the County-owned AT&T Center. The renovations to the infrastructure and technology will improve the guest experience at every level of the 12-year-old arena and are scheduled to take place in the summer of 2015.

Infrastructure enhancements to the AT&T Center will include new seating arena-wide, improvements to the arena entrances, relocation and expansion of the Fan Shop, expanded concourses in the charter level, updated suite areas and new fan improvements and seating options in the balcony level. Renovations will also include an expansion of the plaza level Whataburger concession, which will be open to the general public on non-event days. Technology improvements to the AT&T Center will include a new high-definition center-hung scoreboard and the addition of wraparound LED boards to the NE, SE and SW towers.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/bexar-county-approves-101.5-million-renovation-att-center
Great. Now the fans at Spurs game will comeback during their halftime break, near the end of the 4th quarter

Das Texan
12-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Ya blame the fucking city of San Antonio and the fucking idiots in charge of the city at the time for where the building is at.

I think that was during the Peak and Garza years when this thing was getting approved and all. Probably Peak. He couldnt give two shits about building an arena for the Spurs anywhere, especially downtown.

So the County stepped up and said, we have land here, its not the greatest location, but its available, and the rest is history.

Just fucking park in the arena parking lots and you will be fine. Its not like they are doing drug deals or murders on the street as you drive past it.

Das Texan
12-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Looks pretty close to me, but i do remember the Victoria Courts site more often that the Dome.

I believe that was the most talked about site for an arena.

It would have made for a nice arena site too, especially now that they are giving a couple fucks about the Hemisphere area.

gospursgojas
12-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Didn't they wanna build over by the quarry off 35 on the NE side? I was but a young lad at the time.

goliath
12-10-2014, 11:49 AM
My understanding was that the Spurs and the city had a tentative agreement to build an arena next to the dome, subject to a public vote at the next election. The problem was the city's plan to pay for it was a sales tax increase. The Spurs were concerned that the vote wouldn't pass because voters would shoot down the sales tax increase. The county then stepped in with the Freeman plan which included a hotel/motel tax for funding. The Spurs felt that that funding had a better chance of passing so went with the county plan. At the time there was serious concern that any arena vote would fail and the Spurs would move. If I remember correctly, I believe the Spurs preferred the city's plan by the dome but felt the County's plan at Freeman had a better chance of passing.

The best plan was the Longhorn Quarry plan on the N/NE side, which included shops and restaurant development. However, it included the Spurs paying no taxes. Because of that the school district shot it down before it could even get to a public vote.

Spur-Addict
12-10-2014, 12:47 PM
ok

spurs1990
12-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Great info.

Had they waited four years to propose the arena I'd imagine any location would've been a go.

That is to say assuming history stayed intact and SA won in 2003.

UZER
12-10-2014, 05:18 PM

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/local/2014/12/09/att-center-receives-101-million-for-improvements/20167713/

oh for fuck sake, more "San Antonio culture"?

Guess we can expect more fiesta colors and confetti around ever corner. Tired of that shit.

wildbill2u
12-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a lot of money for taxpayers. I smell some benefits to the big boys in the city power structure are in there somewhere.

TheWriter
12-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Sounds like a lot of money for taxpayers. I smell some benefits to the big boys in the city power structure are in there somewhere.i

This isn't money from San Antonio taxpayers. So that smell is probably something else in your house. Check behind the fridge.

Big P
12-11-2014, 09:18 PM

Before the ATT Center was built, there was a strong push for the arena to be located where the Scorpions are now playing, I35 and Thousand Oaks. A lot of people were upset with the thought of the arena leaving the east side and eventually the idea was scrapped. I thought putting it further north up 35 would be a good thing, attracting fans from New Braunfels, Seguin, probably even Austin, not to mention getting it out of the most rundown side of town.

T Park
12-22-2014, 11:37 PM

Sure thing Nynsyc

T Park
12-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Didn't they wanna build over by the quarry off 35 on the NE side? I was but a young lad at the time.

Yup project longhorn or something like that. Genius NE side school district shot it down.

T Park
12-22-2014, 11:39 PM
Sounds like a lot of money for taxpayers. I smell some benefits to the big boys in the city power structure are in there somewhere.

SA taxpayers don't pay one cent into it unless they rent a hotel room or a car.

ace3g
06-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Perkins said the new seats will likely be light gray in color and will be among some of the best available in the world for stadiums. The old seats were black, with a limited number upholstered in a variety of bright colors, creating a confetti effect.

Bexar County and Spurs Sports & Entertainment, which are covering the costs of the AT&T Center improvements, have tapped YESCO Electronics, a Logan, Utah-based manufacturer of electronic displays to install a new center-hung video board system, as well as LED ribbon boards that will circle the interior of the arena.

Spurs officials said YESCO will install approximately 15 million individual LEDs, or roughly 12,000 square feet of LED displays. As part of its vendor agreement, YESCO will take possession of the old center hung scoreboard and will repurpose and recycle some materials.

Once the renovations are completed, the seating capacity at AT&T Center will shrink slightly to make room for some new fan spaces.

“It’s a small change,” Perkins said. “The overall capacity of the stadium will be very similar to what it originally was.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2015/06/18/at-t-center-makeover-won-t-suffer-rain-delay-hunt.html?ana=twt

(http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2015/06/18/at-t-center-makeover-won-t-suffer-rain-delay-hunt.html?ana=twt)
The jumbo tron could look similar to the one at the Jazz arena:

http://www.yescoelectronics.com/wp-content/gallery/sportslive-events-gallery/Utah-Jazz-Center-Hung-6mm-Corner-10mm-rings-20mm.jpg

http://www.yescoelectronics.com/wp-content/gallery/sportslive-events-gallery/Utah-Jazz-photos-Center-Hung-6mm-corner-displays-10mm-1.jpg

http://www.yescoelectronics.com/wp-content/gallery/sportslive-events-gallery/Utah-Jazz-photos-Center-Hung-6mm-corner-displays-10mm-2.jpg
(http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2015/06/18/at-t-center-makeover-won-t-suffer-rain-delay-hunt.html?ana=twt)

Biggest thing I would like to see other than the new jumbo tron, is for the seats to have cup holders.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2015, 07:09 PM
They need to add crowd mics like OKC and the Oracle

ace3g
08-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Some other renderings I found:

http://www.virtualbx.com/files.php?file=ATT_renov_5_854823198.jpg

Strategic
08-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Like to see some fat people seats like at the weight loss clinic, then my wife and I would only have to have one.

Kawhi 5-0
08-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Complete with remote control for heating system and remote-activated snake dispensers for visiting team lockers (remote to be presented to Pop, of course) :)

Kawhi 5-0
08-22-2015, 10:17 PM
Like to see some fat people seats like at the weight loss clinic, then my wife and I would only have to have one.

A Gallup poll I saw recently listed SA as 2nd-fattest city in U.S. (Memphis being 1st) so that would make sense.

Kawhi 5-0
08-22-2015, 10:21 PM
oh for fuck sake, more "San Antonio culture"?

Guess we can expect more fiesta colors and confetti around ever corner. Tired of that shit.

I remember when the Spurs official colors included teal :) ...and maybe magenta or something. Wonder if that's ever coming back?

Kawhi 5-0
08-22-2015, 10:26 PM

I remember they did that to a hotel downtown...just rolled it down the street.

Kawhi 5-0
08-22-2015, 10:29 PM
:lol Spending .1 billion on a 12 year old building when the surrounding 5 mile radius is Satan's two lane shithole

Which reminds me: is that Splashtown operational? Always looks empty (and if not now, when? The heat...).

Kawhi 5-0
08-22-2015, 10:30 PM

Kirby...my first hood. That's hilarious :)

Kawhi 5-0
08-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Sounds like ol Nelson Wolff had a hand in it.

In "Transforming San Antonio" Wolff gives an insider's view on signature economic-development projects with which he was involved: the AT&T Center...

Way to develop those economics, Nelson.

The Wolff of Y'all Street

DMX7
08-23-2015, 01:10 AM
I remember they did that to a hotel downtown...just rolled it down the street.

Yeah, they're not doing that with this.

BD24
08-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Maybe when it's time for a new stadium they will be smart enough to build it on the northside. Preferably put a plaza area with restaurants and bars around it similar to what American Airlines Center in Dallas has done. Its nice when I go to Stars games there to be able to go to bars and restaurants afterwards. Not walk out to the shithole that is the east side.

SnakeBoy
08-23-2015, 02:12 PM
I doubt that will ever happen Kingslayer. SA always seems to think if they build in a shithole it will somehow magically make the shithole become a nice place.

The Whopper
08-23-2015, 03:00 PM
I doubt that will ever happen Kingslayer. SA always seems to think if they build in a shithole it will somehow magically make the shithole become a nice place.

In fairness to Wolff and the County Commissioners, the plan was never to build the AT&T Center out where it is. The plan was to put it in the South Lot of the Alamodome. But the Howard Peak council crapped the bed and tried to bring back the half cent sales tax with only a quarter of the money going to the basketball stadium and the other 3/4ths going to pork barrel projects in the individual council districts. I was working in the city finance department at the time we had to run the numbers on the tax revenues and the investments before the city made the offer to the Spurs. When I saw it I knew the Spurs were going to roll their eyes and say no way.

The Spurs saw the proposition and realized it was a piece of crap and wouldn't even take it to the voters. They said, fuck these assholes, we're going to Baltimore.

That's the county rode to the rescue and put together the deal for the county property by the Coliseum. Not ideal at all. But the Spurs stayed and have won four titles in thirteen years so far. Hard to imagine they'll ever leave now.

When a new stadium is needed (2025-2030 or so) I'm sure it will be downtown.

boutons_deux
08-23-2015, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=ElKingslayer2;8171857]Maybe when it's time for a new stadium they will be smart enough to build it on the northside. Preferably put a plaza area with restaurants and bars around it similar to what American Airlines Center in Dallas has done. Its nice when I go to Stars games there to be able to go to bars and restaurants afterwards. Not walk out to the shithole that is the east side.[/QUOTE

ATT center is hemmed in on all 4 sides by immutable stuff. Just too far down East Houston street to close the gap with the night life down town.

Easy to see locating ATT center was a huge mistake, an opportunity missed to expand downtown activity and nightlife.

btw, TPR had a couple programs this week about the inadequacy of the SA airport, with ATT listing SA's bad air connections as one reason for moving to Dallas.

One SA lady said she saved $2400 flying 4 people to Paris from Austin instead of from SA, with plane tickets from SA being higher to lots of destination, and very few direct flights to major corporate cities.

http://tpr.org/post/growing-pains-can-san-antonios-airport-compete

The Whopper
08-23-2015, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=ElKingslayer2;8171857]Maybe when it's time for a new stadium they will be smart enough to build it on the northside. Preferably put a plaza area with restaurants and bars around it similar to what American Airlines Center in Dallas has done. Its nice when I go to Stars games there to be able to go to bars and restaurants afterwards. Not walk out to the shithole that is the east side.[/QUOTEATT center is hemmed in on all 4 sides by immutable stuff. Just too far down East Houston street to close the gap with the night life down town.Easy to see locating ATT center was a huge mistake, an opportunity missed to expand downtown activity and nightlife.btw, TPR had a couple programs this week about the inadequacy of the SA airport, with ATT listing SA's bad air connections as one reason for moving to Dallas. One SA lady said she saved $2400 flying 4 people to Paris from Austin instead of from SA, with plane tickets from SA being higher to lots of destination, and very few direct flights to major corporate cities. http://tpr.org/post/growing-pains-can-san-antonios-airport-compete

BD24
08-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Where downtown though? I mean I would be all for that, but where is there the room for it there?

The northisde makes far more sense in that there is an area to put it. I feel like somewhere off of 281 or 35 near 1604 would be good placement and is realistic.

Spurtacular
08-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Where downtown though? I mean I would be all for that, but where is there the room for it there?

The northisde makes far more sense in that there is an area to put it. I feel like somewhere off of 281 or 35 near 1604 would be good placement and is realistic.

Many cities typically have effectively dead downtown space. You'd be surprised.

Drachen
08-23-2015, 05:18 PM

Fox tech. The whole northwest part of downtown just past the Weston center is ripe for redevelopment.

exstatic
08-23-2015, 05:24 PM

By that time, they'll tear down the nearly 40 YO Alamodome.

Far Northside makes no sense. Detroit made that error in the 70s, moving the Lions WAY the fuck out to Pontiac. They're now back downtown, where sports franchises belong.

dingalbry
08-23-2015, 05:40 PM

:lol man i thought you were joking!typical:sombrero:

mookie2001
08-23-2015, 06:30 PM
KSAT 12 reporting spurs will play 20 games at the Joe and Harry Freeman coliseum

exstatic
08-23-2015, 07:18 PM
KSAT 12 reporting spurs will play 20 games at the Joe and Harry Freeman coliseum

Yeah, that last picture, I was thinking "How the hell are they going to be ready in October?"

BD24
08-23-2015, 07:27 PM
By that time, they'll tear down the nearly 40 YO Alamodome.

Far Northside makes no sense. Detroit made that error in the 70s, moving the Lions WAY the fuck out to Pontiac. They're now back downtown, where sports franchises belong.
Far northisde makes more sense than the fucking east side. Northside of San Antonio is pretty populated and lots of expansion going on there. Its still in San Antonio not like its a whole new city like with Detroit. Most of the richer people in San Antonio live on the north side, would make the game more accessible to them imo. Would also make it easier for people coming down from Austin for the game.

Downtown is obviously preferable, but northisde isn't a terrible option by any means. I do like Drachens idea of Fox Tech area.

PublicOption
08-23-2015, 07:35 PM
105 million nowadays all you can do is change the light bulbs.

Kool Bob Love
08-23-2015, 07:36 PM

Link?

hooperflash
08-24-2015, 01:31 AM
Games at the coliseum was reported months ago, that's gonna be interesting! :tu

Trainwreck2100
08-24-2015, 01:57 AM
kinda bullshit they didn't auction off the seats though

Biernutz
08-24-2015, 02:49 AM
Don't believe the 20 game BS. This last e-mail we got from the Spurs was they were
going to start installing new seats and everything was on schedule.

bd_monster
08-24-2015, 07:53 AM
Why not play in the Alamodome if this is true.

unleashbaynes
08-24-2015, 08:19 AM

A sports arena is never going to be a nice place to be around. Ever. No matter where it's located. I like that they tucked it away in a shit hole so as not to muck up a nice part of the city.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 09:55 AM
Why not play in the Alamodome if this is true.It's not true.

A sports arena is never going to be a nice place to be around. Ever. No matter where it's located. I like that they tucked it away in a shit hole so as not to muck up a nice part of the city.Hemisfair Arena was nice to be around. We would always make a night downtown as part of going to games back then. Going to ATT is more like a military extraction operation. Go! Go! Go!

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 10:16 AM
So what are the upgrades?

Mel_13
08-24-2015, 10:25 AM
So what are the upgrades?

http://newattcenter.com/

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 10:31 AM
So what are the upgrades?You need to be spoon fed something that was clearly stated in the OP?

Stick to celebrity gossip and Realdolls, Fapps.

MultiTroll
08-24-2015, 10:36 AM
You need to be spoon fed something that was clearly stated in the OP?

Stick to celebrity gossip and Realdolls, Fapps.
Butthurt,
I was looking for some 1st hand eyewitness accounts.
You're stictly a computer troll. :lol

lol

ChumpDumper
08-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Butthurt,
I was looking for some 1st hand eyewitness accounts.
You're stictly a computer troll. :lol

lolButthurt.

Bullshit, dude. If that's what you wanted, you would have asked for that.

You're strictly Perez Hilton. :lol

lol

Das Texan
08-24-2015, 04:01 PM
:lol @ people believing mookie

The Whopper
08-24-2015, 04:23 PM

The footprint of the UT Institute of Texan Cultures would be a good spot next to the convention center and the remodeled and redesigned Hemisfair Park.
Alamodome Parking nearby--although we are talking about 20 years from now probably so who knows.

Drachan made a good point about the NW Park of Downtown near Fox Tech. However, we're about to turn San Pedro Creek flowing from Fox Tech down through the west side of downtown into another extension of the River Walk, so that area may all be gentrified by the time we get to building a new Spurs stadium. Maybe the area West of 37 near the Hays Street Bridge? That would be an awesome spot. But once again, we are talking about a long time in the future.

T Park
08-24-2015, 06:38 PM

Well Jesus Christ they sure didn't act like it.

philldafunk
08-24-2015, 07:38 PM
Weren't they gonna build it in that quarry over by wurzbach pkwy/morgans wonderland?

BD24
08-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Weren't they gonna build it in that quarry over by wurzbach pkwy/morgans wonderland?
That would of been a hell of a lot better than the east side.

Bruno
08-24-2015, 10:19 PM
There always have been talks among fans that the arena would have been a better downtown but, as someone with no SA ties, I think Spurs might very well like their current location over one near the riverwalk. The closer an arena is to riverwalk, the more attractive it is but also the more likely you'll see people eating/drinking in the restaurant/bars around the arena and not inside the building.

This renovation is a big one ($100M is a lot of money) and the main focus is to improve the surroundings around the court with new bars, restaurants, whataburger, fanshops... The obvious goal is to have fans spending some extra money on drinks, food or Spurs items inside the building. It certainly would be harder to do that with a downtown area.

exstatic
08-24-2015, 10:27 PM
That would of been a hell of a lot better than the east side.

Access to Longhorn Quarry would have been horrible. There would be 3 lights to get on WBP from O'Connor, 2 from Wiedner, and one, plus two sets of active RR tracks, from Thousand Oaks. They would all feed on to WBP, along with the traffic coming the other way, to one exit.

BD24
08-25-2015, 06:27 AM
Access to Longhorn Quarry would have been horrible. There would be 3 lights to get on WBP from O'Connor, 2 from Wiedner, and one, plus two sets of active RR tracks, from Thousand Oaks. They would all feed on to WBP, along with the traffic coming the other way, to one exit.
Yet it wouldn't be right next door to the ghetto and industrial area.

bd_monster
08-25-2015, 02:25 PM
On a different note I don't understand why everything in the arena as far as upgrades have been revealed but the center hung score board is a secret. I know some people have posted some leaks but who knows if those were official.

FromWayDowntown
08-25-2015, 05:43 PM
There were 2 functional problems -- caused by the 2 different governments in San Antonio/Bexar County -- when the arena deal came up that led to the building being where it is:

1. The City leaders either didn't care if the Spurs left or didn't think they would actually pull the trigger to move, and didn't come up with a reasonable plan for getting the building constructed on property owned by the City or within the City's condemnation power, as others have noted. Though the referendum that ultimately built the arena passed fairly easily, there was a substantial amount of opposition to it in the weeks and months leading up to that election. The vote that led to the building took place on opening night of the Spurs' season in November 1999 (pretty sure it was 99 and not 00) and I recall there being a very nervous environment in the Alamodome that night as Peter Holt frequently left his seat in what appeared to be trips to get updates on the voting. It was probably a surer deal than I knew, but the need for the arena to keep the Spurs in SA was a very real thing and a vote against the referendum would have been disastrous.

2. When the County leaders realized the Spurs weren't bluffing and put together their own proposal, the deal they cobbled together had to result in the construction of the building on land that the County owned or could condemn. The County probably could have put the building much further out from downtown, but it tailored its plan to meet the Spurs' needs and the County's needs, which primarily were to improve the location for the Rodeo. Couple that with the fact that the current location is probably about as close to downtown SA as the County could have gotten, and you end up with a building that is in a location that many think is a pretty poor choice.

Ultimately, though, the location came down to a matter of prudence and practicality. The Spurs needed a deal to stay in SA; the County offered the only deal with any chance to win voter support, but required this location.

jeebus
08-25-2015, 07:06 PM
you're all faggots
Bruno with the truth bomb.

SPURt
08-25-2015, 07:47 PM
If you have the time this is pretty applicable to this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwJt4bcnXs

philldafunk
08-25-2015, 07:54 PM
I miss the Alamodome.

ddjeffries
08-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Do they have a projected completion date?

The Whopper
08-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Really good post, FromWayDowntown.

In a democracy, competing interests make getting projects done very difficult. And remember, the Spurs were not as great a part of San Antonio culture in 1999 during the arena vote (you were correct, it was 99) as they are now. They were a really big part, of course and had won their first championship, which made a HUGE difference. But not the same as it is 5 championships and being the best franchise in modern sports history later.

It really was touch and go then. I'd go so far as to say if we had flamed out in the 99 playoffs (I know, we were a diamond-toothed shark riding a plutonium-fueled elephant, eating and trampling everything) we probably wouldn't have the Spurs and things would have been quite different for all of our lives as NBA and Spurs fans. I'd be telling sad tales of a time long gone by to whoever would listen, which would eventually be no one.

The Whopper
08-25-2015, 08:30 PM
I miss the Alamodome.

I do too. But it's not like you can't go there to UTSA games.

FromWayDowntown
08-25-2015, 08:50 PM
If you have the time this is pretty applicable to this thread

I think the AT&T Center has a couple of major differences from the normal way that teams extract stadium blood money from local and state governments.

First, the AT&T Center's public funding came -- as others have said above -- via a tax hike on hotels and rental cars, that put the burdens of the public part of the arena deal mostly on the backs of people who visit Bexar County rather than those who live in it. Since the tax was new, the County didn't really "lose" money on the deal.

The other major difference for Bexar County is that it retained usage rights to the building for periods of time at least and has the ability to realize revenue at least from the events that it hosts in the building. I'm sure there's a legitimate criticism that the County should have retained even more interest in the revenue generated by the building, but to the extent that Spurs Sports & Entertainment maintains separate smaller companies that handle various aspects of the building's operations (parking, for instance), farming the revenue out to the Spurs actually comes at the savings to the County of having to staff and finance those things.

Public funding of sports arenas has become a significant problem -- and, as bad as it is here, it's far worse with larger events run by ruthless entities like FIFA and the IOC -- but I've thought that San Antonio/Bexar County handled the financing part of both the Alamodome and the AT&T Center about as well as any government has in building those sorts of projects.

Biernutz
08-26-2015, 02:45 AM
I have been going to Spurs games since the old HemisFair Arena. The Spurs had to move because
the arena was old and didn't have the private boxes that was needed to to make make a money to pay
for better players. Or so they said. The arena could not be expanded past it's current seating. There was
talk about the spurs leaving town as a new arena location could not be decided on by a split city council.
The location was a big hang up as the majority council members wanted it located on the south side of
San Antonio. This was a political ploy and everyone knew that was a poor choice. They could have put it
south of HemisFair Plaza but the scheduled demolition of a housing project would be replaced with mixed
housing project. So that was out.

The Spurs said they would go to the Alamodome but this was to be a temporary home till a Arena
was built. Tearing down the dome to build a arena was never seriously considered. The Spurs played in the
dome but since the city had control of the dome the Spurs could only make so much money than if
they were in control of the dome. The city would not give control of the dome to the Spurs. Red McCombs
owned the team at that time and he was looking for a new local owner if he could. Peter Holt got a group
together and bought control of the Spurs. The first thing on the agenda was a new home for
the Spurs where they would have building control.

The city wanted the Spurs to stay in the dome but the Spurs indicated if a new Arena was not coming
they would move to another city. The politics of the city council once again got in the way. The south
side once again wanted it built on unsuitable locations on the south side of San Antonio. Downtown
locations once again turned into political football. A location at the old Fox tech school area location was
considered till the owners of some of the land, IWC collage, wanted just way too much for the land. Another
location was the abandoned Longhorn Quarry on the far northeast side close to I35 north. This location was
perfect by many as it was considered on the north side where most paying fans live and it was closer to Austin's fans.
The main hold up on this was the North East School District would not give the quarry and land around it a
10 year tax abatement district. Part of the quarry plan was the arena with restaurants and clubs around it.
When the NEISD school superintendent, a guy named Middelton stone walled the Spurs they went looking
elsewhere. The strange thing about the quarry land was the school district bought half the land and built
a $40 million football stadium there. They also also built Morgans Wonderland, a special needs
park with the soccer fields along with a soccer stadium for a minor league team. There are no restaurants
or clubs close to the area of these stadiums.There is also no tax collections on this land as both are non-profit.

As the Spurs were looking like a team packing it's bags, the county government stepped in and offered
county land next to the Freeman Coliseum on the east side from downtown. The selling point was cheep land
and the arena could also be used for the Rodeo each year. A entertainment district with restaurants and clubs
along with a auto race track that could hold NASCAR races. The Spurs got the control of the building and the
parking around it. It was not a perfect location but because of all the politics in the city it seems like the only
location that was left. The Spurs said if the arena was not voted for and the tax passed to build it ,they would leave.
It was passed and here we are today.

This is as close to the time line I can remember and I'm sure I probably left something out but San Antonio city
council politics nearly let the Spurs Walk. The city had dismal leadership at the time and we nearly lost the team.

lurker23
08-26-2015, 06:21 AM
Thanks for all of the insider history that several people have provided in this thread. Very interesting politics and dealings.

As someone earlier mentioned, the Spurs will likely be looking to build a brand new arena in 10-15 years. If recent history is any guide, the next negotiation should be dramatically different. If the Spurs keep up their reputation as one of the premier franchises in sports, various locations and political entities should be tripping over themselves to bring the Spurs brand to their part of town. Hopefully this results in a highly favorable location for the next arena (theoretically, either on the north side near the Austin patrons, or in a more desirable downtown-ish setting.)

SPURt
08-26-2015, 07:25 AM
I think the AT&T Center has a couple of major differences from the normal way that teams extract stadium blood money from local and state governments.

First, the AT&T Center's public funding came -- as others have said above -- via a tax hike on hotels and rental cars, that put the burdens of the public part of the arena deal mostly on the backs of people who visit Bexar County rather than those who live in it. Since the tax was new, the County didn't really "lose" money on the deal.

The other major difference for Bexar County is that it retained usage rights to the building for periods of time at least and has the ability to realize revenue at least from the events that it hosts in the building. I'm sure there's a legitimate criticism that the County should have retained even more interest in the revenue generated by the building, but to the extent that Spurs Sports & Entertainment maintains separate smaller companies that handle various aspects of the building's operations (parking, for instance), farming the revenue out to the Spurs actually comes at the savings to the County of having to staff and finance those things.

Public funding of sports arenas has become a significant problem -- and, as bad as it is here, it's far worse with larger events run by ruthless entities like FIFA and the IOC -- but I've thought that San Antonio/Bexar County handled the financing part of both the Alamodome and the AT&T Center about as well as any government has in building those sorts of projects.
Wow, great post! Thanks for taking the time to write it! I didn't know that much detail about the Spurs deal. I wonder how much revenue the Spurs generate for the city when they make a Finals run?

I'd feel much worse as a tax payer paying for an NFL stadium in Jacksonville. If the Spurs were the 76ers, I'd bet negotiations with the city have a different tone.

Dingle Barry
08-26-2015, 10:57 AM
There is plenty of room downtown for an arena. Sure, you'd have to buy up some property. I like the three blocks bounded by Dolorosa St to the north, S Flores to the east, Cesar Chavez to the south, and S Santa Rosa to the west. I'd buy up everything except the Hampton Inn on the SE corner, the strip center on the NE corner, and the Casa Navarro state historic site.

You'd be buying and razing the state prison (which doesn't need that real estate; probably get a fair deal on that), a charter school, and Bill Miller catering. Parking to the north of Nueva, and east of the creek. There's already a county parking garage right there. Close Graham St. and put the arena west of the creek between Cesar Chavez and Nueva. I don't know who owns the big vacant lot, but I would guess its the county.

Smack dab in the middle of the city's dining and entertainment area, including market square and Mi Tierra. Numerous hotels close by. Easy access to I-10/35 and I-37, and there's a bunch of additional parking around there too. And that strip center on the NE corner would attract great game day entertainment establishments.

That would be bad ass.

What assholes decided to put a prison there? Retarded. EDIT: Ah, it's a federal ICE detention center. Of course.

The Spurs saw the proposition and realized it was a piece of crap and wouldn't even take it to the voters. They said, fuck these assholes, we're going to Baltimore.

I thought the talk at the time was St. Louis?

I think it will be more like 2035 after this 100m infusion.

The Whopper
08-26-2015, 01:35 PM
I think it was Baltimore, St Louis and even New Orleans. I remember when they opened the arena next to Superdome Marion Barry standing on the steps at the ribbon cutting and stating he would try to lure the Spurs.

You may be right that it might be 2035. I don't know--a lot can happen between now and then.

Who has the oldest "modern" arena? Is it Detroit? Have they started rattling for a more modern facility? What is the lifespan of a modern arena?

ace3g
08-26-2015, 02:47 PM
San Antonio Spurs @spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs)New, state-of-the-art LED system to light up the @attcenter (https://twitter.com/attcenter/) next season.DETAILS: gospu.rs/1Vb8lfL (http://t.co/V37W22dQkn)

philldafunk
08-26-2015, 05:27 PM
I do too. But it's not like you can't go there to UTSA games.

As a txst alum I don't do anything UTSA related lol

ChumpDumper
08-26-2015, 05:36 PM
As a txst alum I don't do anything UTSA related lolYou will in 2018, punk!

In three years, it's ON!

Biernutz
09-03-2015, 10:51 AM
update*
new LED lights are in ,new surface on all flooring in the bowl and starting next
week the new seats will be installed.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-update-9/1/15-0

ace3g
09-09-2015, 05:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/630393454799904769/OOXa_UdR_bigger.jpg San Antonio Spurs Verified account ‏@spurs (https://twitter.com/spurs)

Take a photo tour of the @attcenter (https://twitter.com/attcenter) renovations » http://gospu.rs/1VOdYAQ (http://t.co/fweb50TBIx)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COflRo1UYAAsa99.jpg
(https://twitter.com/spurs/status/641733565256830976/photo/1)

CosmicCowboy
09-10-2015, 06:56 PM
I did several public events representing the rodeo along with Sean Elliott representing the spurs. It was a great political marriage of common interests. It was really a contentious issue in SA. When we saw the secret polls a week before the vote we were afraid to believe them as it showed the arena passing easily.

hater
09-11-2015, 10:38 AM
them mexicans sure do good work :tu

DMX7
09-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Looks like there is still quite a bit of work to do given how much time they have left.

stxspurs
09-11-2015, 01:08 PM
New jumbotron was going up this week. It's gonna kick ass.

T Park
09-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Looks like there is still quite a bit of work to do given how much time they have left.

I think it's a case of once the seats and new electronics go up then it'll look almost finished.

baseline bum
09-11-2015, 01:35 PM
I did several public events representing the rodeo along with Sean Elliott representing the spurs. It was a great political marriage of common interests. It was really a contentious issue in SA. When we saw the secret polls a week before the vote we were afraid to believe them as it showed the arena passing easily.

It never really seemed in doubt after the Spurs won the title. Too bad the vote in 98 failed though since it would have put the arena on the NE side instead of the ghetto.

Ditty
09-29-2015, 02:19 AM
Update from today per instagram user johnnylones
https://scontent-ord1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/e35/11887234_1506770642981539_760776175_n.jpg

exstatic
09-29-2015, 07:20 AM
why didnt they just build a new stadium instead since they already put in 101.5m, +100-250m for new stadium...

You don't really know what a new stadium costs, do you? The SBC Center (original name) cost $175M 13 fucking years ago. You're probably looking at triple that now.

admiralsnackbar
09-29-2015, 07:28 AM
It never really seemed in doubt after the Spurs won the title. Too bad the vote in 98 failed though since it would have put the arena on the NE side instead of the ghetto. Would that have been good for either side of town? I don't see it.

saspurstx21
09-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Looks like they moved the Alamodome scoreboard to the NEW AT&T Center... Nice!!

Update from today per instagram user john (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15390)nylones
https://scontent-ord1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/e35/11887234_1506770642981539_760776175_n.jpg

Big Empty
09-29-2015, 01:37 PM
damn i doubt its ready by the opener in a month

spursistan
09-29-2015, 01:44 PM
Update from today per instagram user john (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15390)nylones
how is that going to be ready in 30 days, tbh?

ChumpDumper
09-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Looks like they just have to bolt in some rows of seats.

admiralsnackbar
09-29-2015, 02:05 PM
how is that going to be ready in 30 days, tbh? $

honestfool84
09-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Is that the new screen? or the old one?

TheDoctor
09-29-2015, 02:30 PM

Bringing in a massive wave of illegal-immigrants workers who are
sadly treated as handicapped dogs:
https://media1.giphy.com/media/gvwp9KfXUwxna/200.gif

Spurs9
09-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Can't really tell much from those pics tbh, not sure how that will be ready in time.

FromWayDowntown
09-29-2015, 05:21 PM

It actually has to be pretty close to ready by October 18, for the preseason home opener against Detroit.

BD24
09-29-2015, 06:01 PM
Robs Familia

Russ
09-29-2015, 08:45 PM
A dump is a dump.

The Spurs need a state-of-the-art arena in downtown SA.

admiralsnackbar
09-29-2015, 08:53 PM
A dump is a dump. The Spurs need a state-of-the-art arena in downtown SA. Fuck yeah! I would LOVE to pay for that! It would totally help with congestion when you're trying to get out after a match, and secondary downtown venues would totally become even more affordable for actual San Antonians.

BatManu20
09-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Unfortunately, it's still going to look like a military base stuck in a cowtown from the outside. Should've been built downtown.

Russ
09-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Fuck yeah! I would LOVE to pay for that! It would totally help with congestion when you're trying to get out after a match, and secondary downtown venues would totally become even more affordable for actual San Antonians.

A "match"?

Where you from, boy?

admiralsnackbar
09-29-2015, 09:27 PM
A "match"? Where you from, boy? A place with synonyms.

RD2191
09-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Robs Familia

Buddy Holly
09-29-2015, 11:25 PM
Looks like they moved the Alamodome scoreboard to the NEW AT&T Center... Nice!!

that's not the alamodome scoreboard.

bd_monster
09-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Tell me thats not our new scoreboard? Its tiny.

Buddy Holly
09-30-2015, 09:47 AM

You're an idiot.

TheDoctor
09-30-2015, 10:50 AM
You're an idiot.

lol so you dont agree with him?

Ditty
09-30-2015, 11:29 AM

compare it that ladder and it looks huge. I think they are going to more to the top, but at others have mentioned I think it's going to be like the mavs scoreboard which is cool with me. I went to the UFC event at the AAC a few months ago and that board was pretty big and distracting and had a clear picture.

DMX7
09-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Bringing in a massive wave of illegal-immigrants workers who are
sadly treated as handicapped dogs:
https://media1.giphy.com/media/gvwp9KfXUwxna/200.gif

That's adorable.

Buddy Holly
09-30-2015, 04:18 PM
lol so you dont agree with him?

I tend to not agree with fucking idiots.

ace3g
10-01-2015, 09:53 PM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12115654_785672371560490_2852966818292476214_n.png ?oh=e95e666918fc08e11761b22925c9a704&oe=56A9DE89

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12074894_785672374893823_4538121254409222734_n.png ?oh=c044e30a6689bc91ab459cf77ca56402&oe=569D3833

rastaspur
10-01-2015, 10:00 PM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12115654_785672371560490_2852966818292476214_n.png ?oh=e95e666918fc08e11761b22925c9a704&oe=56A9DE89

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12074894_785672374893823_4538121254409222734_n.png ?oh=c044e30a6689bc91ab459cf77ca56402&oe=569D3833

Those screens look huge to me. Those people look so tiny in comparison

DesignatedT
10-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Hmmm

ace3g
10-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Not that impressed, I figured they would get something like either Nuggets, Rockets, or Jazz.

ChumpDumper
10-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Still looks like a 4:3 jumbotron. I guess as long as it's bigger/sharper.

TheDoctor
10-01-2015, 11:53 PM
At least the Rockets will have one thing to brag about. A frigging screen.

Ditty
10-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Looks like the exact one in Dallas. I was there a few months back for an UFC event, and the screen and resolution was really sharp, I was impressed! Ours looks like it's a little bit bigger also.

T Park
10-02-2015, 12:40 AM
A dump is a dump.

The Spurs need a state-of-the-art arena in downtown SA.

gmafb its not a dump

pookenstein
10-02-2015, 03:33 AM
(http://www.directupload.net])http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151002/ya3i8d9g.jpg

hooperflash
10-03-2015, 11:30 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12141608_10205064557353295_6941297126100069845_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=841e485b1e741f211dd5b081845d9f00&oe=56866486

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12096244_10205064487111539_3498331916620405950_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1e8a36bb2f2b15f82cd16d11a3b170be&oe=56999E8D

50 cent
10-03-2015, 11:38 PM
:lmao

ace3g
10-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Screens outside

http://i.imgur.com/PSuVrEC.jpg

ChumpDumper
10-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Screens outside

http://i.imgur.com/PSuVrEC.jpgThat's the biggest Keno board I've ever seen.

Harry Callahan
10-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Are the upper level seats still going to mess up my knees........

Harry Callahan
10-04-2015, 11:38 AM
I wish the politics at the time would have allowed for a downtown arena. There has been no development in that the part of SA adjacent to the arena - the county had to do it's thing to in reality keep the Spurs in SA, so that was the most important thing. Downtown would have been a much better location.

TheDoctor
10-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Glad to see bleachers on the lower section of the arena. Looks so much "on schedule" now since last set of photos.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12096244_10205064487111539_3498331916620405950_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1e8a36bb2f2b15f82cd16d11a3b170be&oe=56999E8D

exstatic
10-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Glad to see bleachers on the lower section of the arena. Looks so much "on schedule" now since last set of photos.

Those are NOT bleachers. They just haven't finished the seating in the lower bowl.

TheDoctor
10-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Those are NOT bleachers. They just haven't finished the seating in the lower bowl.

Those black things aren't bleachers or seats? What are they? The base for the seats?

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/GYR0MEISTER/ATTCentre.jpg

exstatic
10-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Those black things aren't bleachers or seats? What are they? The base for the seats?

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/GYR0MEISTER/ATTCentre.jpg

If you're talking about farther seating, I see individual seats. I think they are still covered in plastic to keep them clean during construction.

There are NO bleachers anywhere in ANY NBA arena. They aren't economically feasable.

TheDoctor
10-04-2015, 10:27 PM
If you're talking about farther seating, I see individual seats. I think they are still covered in plastic to keep them clean during construction.

There are NO bleachers anywhere in ANY NBA arena. They aren't economically feasable.

Oh, whatever then, I was referring to the seats. Glad to see some seats on the lower section of the arena. Looks so much "on schedule" now since last set of photos.

exstatic
10-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Oh, whatever then, I was referring to the seats. Glad to see some seats on the lower section of the arena. Looks so much "on schedule" now since last set of photos.

Yeah, I was a bit worried when it was just concrete rows with nothing.

ace3g
10-05-2015, 07:13 PM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/e35/10540341_1493971584263769_1098067179_n.jpg

UZER
10-05-2015, 09:04 PM

Uh oh...I already see dead pixels

SilverSpur
10-05-2015, 11:37 PM
You guys should just be glad you have a NBA team. You know how many cities would love to have a team. What if the NBA announced that the Spurs were moving to Seattle. Then what would you have to bitch about.

DeRozan m8
10-06-2015, 12:02 AM
You guys should just be glad you have a NBA team. You know how many cities would love to have a team. What if the NBA announced that the Spurs were moving to Seattle. Then what would you have to bitch about.

Thanks for your positive post about being positive

ace3g
10-06-2015, 10:45 PM
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/41/27/70/8748552/3/1024x1024.jpg

ace3g
10-06-2015, 10:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/av0m2de.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1dTPDUe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/r359gGJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BZxHw6f.jpg

TheDoctor
10-07-2015, 08:59 AM
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/41/27/70/8748552/3/1024x1024.jpg

From that angle the AT&T Center looks like a big ass barn.

http://i.imgur.com/av0m2de.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1dTPDUe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/r359gGJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BZxHw6f.jpg

The resolution of the new scoreboard is dope! Look at the tennis ball texture.

ace3g
10-13-2015, 08:54 PM
POLICY CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THE ALL-NEW AT&T CENTER

As part of the $100+ million renovation to the AT&T Center, please be advised of the following policy changes and updates to the arena. All the below changes and updates will be implemented starting on Oct. 18 when the AT&T Center reopens for the Spurs first home preseason game against the Detroit Pistons.

NEW SECURITY PROCEDURE

The AT&T Center will introduce the use of magnetometers (walk-through metal detectors) as part of enhanced security procedures at all entrances of the arena. In compliance with the NBA’s league-wide security policy, the magnetometer screening will take place at all Spurs games to create a safer environment for all guests in attendance and to allow entry to be as quick and efficient as possible.

Guests will be asked to remove any metallic items during the magnetometer screening process, including cameras, keys and cell phones at all points of entry. All bags and purses will also be screened. Fans without bags are encouraged to use the “No Bag Lanes” to expedite the process.

TOBACCO AND SMOKE-FREE POLICY

Spurs Sports & Entertainment, in partnership with Bexar County, has designated the AT&T Center as tobacco and smoke-free building.

The new policy includes all forms of smoking and tobacco use, including but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes, personal vaporizers, smokeless tobacco and tobacco pipes.

There will be no designated smoking areas anywhere inside the AT&T Center. The tobacco and smoke-free environment extends 500 feet from the AT&T Center.

PARKING PAYMENT

All major credit cards are now accepted as a form of payment for parking.

The AT&T Center features more than 7,000 parking spaces on its property, including parking for patrons with disabilities located in Lots 1- 4. Prices and availability for parking varies by event. Please call the AT&T Center at 210-444-5140 for event specific prices and information.

AT&T CENTER BOX OFFICE

The AT&T Center Box Office will resume operations at the SE ticket tower. The AT&T Center Southeast Box Office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. If there is an event during a weekend, the Box Office will open at Noon for Spurs home games or five hours prior to event time for all other events.

For more information on the AT&T Center renovations, please visit NewATTCenter.com.

For questions or regarding the policy changes and updates, please contact a Service Innovation Team member at 210-444-5140 Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. or via email at [email protected].

http://www.nba.com/spurs/policy-changes-and-updates-all-new-att-center

Spurs9
10-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Doesn't look very impressive from those pics tbh

ace3g
10-16-2015, 07:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/646011963915415554/h3Yq57wf_bigger.jpg Stephen Anderson ‏@ImSteveAnderson (https://twitter.com/ImSteveAnderson)

The AT&T Center is getting ready for Spurs-Pistons on Sunday afternoon. #SpursNation (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpursNation?src=hash) (photo via @GoSpursGoMemes (https://twitter.com/GoSpursGoMemes))
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRevdUoUwAAywa0.jpg

(https://twitter.com/ImSteveAnderson/status/655185190164103168/photo/1)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRew_24UkAAupTL.jpg:large

(https://twitter.com/ImSteveAnderson/status/655185190164103168/photo/1)

TheDoctor
10-16-2015, 09:14 PM
NICE!

Ditty
10-17-2015, 01:14 AM
Looks much better tbh. I was little disappointed also that we didn't get the big scoreboard like Houston especially for a $100 million renovation but ours looks like it will do. Saw a video of the outside also it looks really nice.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-17-2015, 02:00 AM

We are the 7th biggest city in America, We aren't "lucky" to have a professional team. Name a top ten city that doesn't besides Austin which has the longhorns, and San Jose who nobody knows exists.

And now home to one of the most successful franchises in sports, safe to say the Spurs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-17-2015, 02:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRevdUoUwAAywa0.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRevdUoUwAAywa0.jpg

sucks we don't have a new floor design.

aal04
10-17-2015, 03:43 AM
101 million. They better have spent a few on a Tim Duncan statue out front.

exstatic
10-17-2015, 06:51 AM

The floor design was new just last season.

exstatic
10-17-2015, 07:06 AM
We are the 7th biggest city in America, We aren't "lucky" to have a professional team. Name a top ten city that doesn't besides Austin which has the longhorns, and San Jose who nobody knows exists.

And now home to one of the most successful franchises in sports, safe to say the Spurs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Pro sports doesn't judge by city size, but by Nielsen media market size, which includes all adjacent communities. SA sits at #32, which is higher than a few years ago, but when you consider that there are only 30 teams, it's still improbable that we have a team. We had to rent to own a failing team in a competitor league, steal our best player (Ice) as loan collateral, have another owner (John Y Brown of KY) be uninterested in joining the NBA when the ABA collapsed, and have the StL ABA team be willing to sell their franchise corpse to the four teams that ultimately joined the NBA in 1976.

TheGreatYacht
10-17-2015, 10:54 AM
Would be dope if they added 3D Projection to the court, so people can get to their seats earlier instead of waiting in the Whataburger line for 3 quarters, but if they didn't I'm not complaining.. 100M is a shit load of money. Thanks Holt :tu

http://youtu.be/oLy6Q0xYK1s

http://youtu.be/FsZrywjPIb0

Phenomanul
10-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Pro sports doesn't judge by city size, but by Nielsen media market size, which includes all adjacent communities. SA sits at #32, which is higher than a few years ago, but when you consider that there are only 30 teams, it's still improbable that we have a team. We had to rent to own a failing team in a competitor league, steal our best player (Ice) as loan collateral, have another owner (John Y Brown of KY) be uninterested in joining the NBA when the ABA collapsed, and have the StL ABA team be willing to sell their franchise corpse to the four teams that ultimately joined the NBA in 1976.

I wonder if Corpus, Laredo, McAllen, Brownsville, Victoria, and Kingsville are included in that Nielsen media market...

Russ
10-17-2015, 12:10 PM

And have a judge who was a Spurs season ticket holder uphold the Iceman deal when the Virginia Squires tried to unwind it. :toast

GreggPopAsnitch
10-17-2015, 01:03 PM

BLAH BLAH.. They don't put pro sorts teams in small cities unless its representing the state as a whole. The NBA kept us here cause they profit from our 1.5 million residents 2 mil including illegals.

hooperflash
10-17-2015, 05:33 PM
NEW art display by the escalators.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12112086_10205123612669641_5866252200551181396_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0f3eac7b7590d8d82418a3ce2937086e&oe=56D23781

ChumpDumper
10-17-2015, 05:40 PM
BLAH BLAH.. They don't put pro sorts teams in small cities unless its representing the state as a whole. The NBA kept us here cause they profit from our 1.5 million residents 2 mil including illegals.NBA teams have left larger markets with more money.

BillMc
10-17-2015, 05:59 PM
NEW art display by the escalators.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12112086_10205123612669641_5866252200551181396_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0f3eac7b7590d8d82418a3ce2937086e&oe=56D23781

Nice!:toast

exstatic
10-17-2015, 06:30 PM
BLAH BLAH.. They don't put pro sorts teams in small cities unless its representing the state as a whole. The NBA kept us here cause they profit from our 1.5 million residents 2 mil including illegals.

Dumb. Ass. Who. Knows. Nothing. The NBA never PUT a team here. Can you fucking read? A WHOLE lot of improbable things had to happen for us to wind up with an NBA franchise, and not ONE of those things was being awarded one by the league on market merits. Judging by Stern's attitude after we had won multiple championships, and Paul Tagliabue's disdain for our quest for an NFL franchise, pro sports doesn't think much of our market. We'd likely still be waiting for a team.

UZER
10-17-2015, 06:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRevdUoUwAAywa0.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRevdUoUwAAywa0.jpg

That design is only a year old.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 02:45 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://974f8ed8-8842-49e2-b87c-a2216b0ac60e/imagegif

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 02:45 AM
That design is only a year old.
Yeah there are teams who get one like every year.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 02:47 AM
Of course, but if you think an all time great franchise will leave the city anytime soon you're reaching.

hooperflash
10-18-2015, 02:50 AM
Yeah their are teams who get one like every year.

Could you whip up a mock court design or just a description of what you'd do to the court. (I'm genuinely interested in knowing how creative a fellow Spurs fan would redesign it).

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 02:55 AM
Could you whip up a mock court design or just a description of what you'd do to the court. (I'm genuinely interested in knowing how creative a fellow Spurs fan would redesign it).

Even though I feel you're being sarcastic, think about it anything is better than just our logo with nothing else. Anything that incorporates our city, (doesn't have to be fiesta colors since the older generation tends to hate it.)

Mnky
10-18-2015, 03:02 AM
I think our court design is slick as all heck. Maybe you just don't got taste tbh.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2015, 03:05 AM
I actually know the entire history of how we got the team from Dallas. Back then it was a shot in the dark but by now we would have had a team. You are a dumbass If you think the nba wouldn't want to capitalize on a city with no sports team with 1.5 million and if you think population doesn't a role. there are many reasons for us not actually aquiring an nfl team, they think we aren't a big market cause San Antonio would house 3rd texas Team and the city is already huge Cowboys supporters, Almamo dome isn't big enough etc.So why did the NBA move out of a market that is bigger and richer than San Antonio?

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:07 AM
I think our court design is slick as all heck. Maybe you just don't got taste tbh.

Never said it was bad, actually better than the last, but a little creativity won't hurt.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:11 AM

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:14 AM
So why did the NBA move out of a market that is bigger and richer than San Antonio?

I didn't exist back then but, from what I've read they weren't bad only missed the playoffs the year before the were put on the market. The city didn't care much for the team, had very low attendance.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:17 AM
I wonder if Corpus, Laredo, McAllen, Brownsville, Victoria, and Kingsville are included in that Nielsen media market...

Lol thank you. He's an idiot if he thinks population size doesn't play a factor at all. That is the biggest factor in the market lmfao.

hooperflash
10-18-2015, 03:23 AM
Even though I feel you're being sarcastic, think about it anything is better than just our logo with nothing else. Anything that incorporates our city, (doesn't have to be fiesta colors since the older generation tends to hate it.)

I thought it would be awesome to sometimes play on an alternate fiesta court design since the Bucks announced they planned on using an additional court design for when they played in their black alt. uniforms. http://www.nba.com/2015/news/10/03/bucks-fear-the-deer-nights/

I like our current court design because it's simple and everything that needs to be said is in that logo, imo.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2015, 03:23 AM
I didn't exist back then but, from what I've read they weren't bad only missed the playoffs the year before the were put on the market. The city didn't care much for the team, had very low attendance.You're younger than seven years old?

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:27 AM
Dumb. Ass. Who. Knows. Nothing. The NBA never PUT a team here. Can you fucking read? A WHOLE lot of improbable things had to happen for us to wind up with an NBA franchise, and not ONE of those things was being awarded one by the league on market merits. Judging by Stern's attitude after we had won multiple championships, and Paul Tagliabue's disdain for our quest for an NFL franchise, pro sports doesn't think much of our market. We'd likely still be waiting for a team.

I actually know the entire history of how we got the team from Dallas. I never said the NBA granted us the team. The point I was trying to make was that by now we would have had a team. You are a dumbass If you think the nba wouldn't want to capitalize on a city with no sports team with 1.5 million and if you think population doesn't a role. there are many reasons for us not actually aquiring an nfl team, they think we aren't a big market cause San Antonio would house 3rd texas Team and the city is already huge Cowboys supporters, Almamo dome isn't big enough etc.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:29 AM
I thought it would be awesome to sometimes play on an alternate fiesta court design since the Bucks announced they planned on using an additional court design for when they played in their black alt. uniforms. http://www.nba.com/2015/news/10/03/bucks-fear-the-deer-nights/

I like our current court design because it's simple and everything that needs to be said is in that logo, imo.

I personally love the fiesta colors as well, and the current design is pretty cool, I said the exact same thing the spur says so much, but at the same time I feel more creativity won't hurt.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:32 AM
You're younger than seven years old?

Are you talking about the chaparrals??? in the 70's????? That's what I thought you referred to.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2015, 03:33 AM
Are you talking about the chaparrals??? in the 70's????? That's what I thought you referred to.No.

hooperflash
10-18-2015, 03:41 AM
I personally love the fiesta colors as well, and the current design is pretty cool, I said the exact same thing the spur says so much, but at the same time I feel more creativity won't hurt.

What did you think of the 3D logo idea Sacramento tried a couple of years ago?

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10524585_1146497898698442_591310963390829568_n.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=72e44456a9eddf8abea9ae931482b98d&oe=56BEC62E

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10586064906_ca28912a44_b.jpg

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:45 AM
No.

The supersonics???? I really have no clue. That's was such a weird situation.

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 03:49 AM
What did you think of the 3D logo idea Sacramento tried a couple of years ago?

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10524585_1146497898698442_591310963390829568_n.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=72e44456a9eddf8abea9ae931482b98d&oe=56BEC62E

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10586064906_ca28912a44_b.jpg

Not bad. But I think the classic 2d is better. There are so many fan designs for jerseys and courts for us that are really good. Whoever our design team is, really wants to keep our design simple. Or lacks serious creativity.

hooperflash
10-18-2015, 03:51 AM
There are so many fan designs for jerseys and courts for us that are really good.

Got any links to share?

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 04:01 AM
Got any links to share?

lol sorry it's late and I'm lazy. I would have to go digging. You can try to google it. I've just seen some on the Internet over time.

I badly want fiesta colors incorporated in our alt jersey even if it's jus a little. Or the gervin era jerseys with "San Antonio" on them, simple and clean. Again something that reps the city.

hooperflash
10-18-2015, 06:25 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/v/t1.0-9/12106776_10205124912582138_8007365555004232485_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=ba99638952ccd58caa2aabd97bc8ca7e&oe=56BE172F

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 07:13 AM
Got any links to share?

http://i.imgur.com/Acky8bg.jpg

Mel_13
10-18-2015, 07:29 AM
From an email sent to season ticket holders:

AT&T Center Update from Rick Pych, Spurs Sports & Entertainment President of Business Operations:

"Sunday will mark the initial event after the AT&T Center's $110 million summer renovation project, as the Spurs host their first preseason game of the 2015-16 season. Guests will get a good look at the changes and updates to enhance the fan experience. There’s still work to be done in the arena as we prepare for the Spurs upcoming regular season. Please bear with us as we continue to make improvements to finalize all of the updates. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday!"

Seventyniner
10-18-2015, 08:49 AM
NEW art display by the escalators. https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12112086_10205123612669641_5866252200551181396_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0f3eac7b7590d8d82418a3ce2937086e&oe=56D23781 That has to be jarring from up close. And Obama looks good in that outfit.

UZER
10-18-2015, 09:09 AM

Fiesta colors were a cute little fad that overstayed their welcome by about 12 years, just like that damn get ready for this song. Now these youngsters love those fruity colors again like it's original. No. As a nostalgic touch on a cap here or there its tolerable, that's it.

Those colors did nothing but add fuel to the soft label the spurs carried for years. Still can't believe someone in the FO actual approved that. Of course the spurs never helped themselves either.

ace3g
10-18-2015, 10:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnHJRbUEAAHaI0.jpg:large

ace3g
10-18-2015, 10:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnGBzkU8AESkP8.jpg:large

ace3g
10-18-2015, 11:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnJVoNU8AEpYMe.jpg:large

ace3g
10-18-2015, 11:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnIwAHUwAA9bi4.jpg:large

ChumpDumper
10-18-2015, 11:17 AM
The supersonics???? I really have no clue. That's was such a weird situation.It was a very simple, straightforward situation.

ace3g
10-18-2015, 11:23 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1455510790/229294_153990274666990_100001680566689_385796_4439 999_n_bigger.jpg Tom Orsborn Verified account ‏@tom_orsborn (https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn)

Express-News reporter John Gonzalez checks out the comfy new AT&T seats. #Spurs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spurs?src=hash)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnLJyAUwAAVjqV.jpg
(https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/655778590043209728/photo/1)

dbestpro
10-18-2015, 11:25 AM
There's no obvious connection. These improvements are part of a long-term plan for the arena.

In the last legislation a bill was passed that allows municipalities to borrow monies against future hotel/motel Texas. This will spawn all sorts of venue developments all over the state. Interestingly, a small city south east of San Antonio, outside of Bexar county, helped to spearhead this bill, and was their first attempt at a legislative agenda.

jeebus
10-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Seats look ok. I wonder if they made them a little bit wider and steel reinforced for all the fat shits in the city.

spursistan
10-18-2015, 12:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnIwAHUwAA9bi4.jpg:large
looks good...about time really for a 5-time champ to upgrade its amenities..

GreggPopAsnitch
10-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Fiesta colors were a cute little fad that overstayed their welcome by about 12 years, just like that damn get ready for this song. Now these youngsters love those fruity colors again like it's original. No. As a nostalgic touch on a cap here or there its tolerable, that's it.

Those colors did nothing but add fuel to the soft label the spurs carried for years. Still can't believe someone in the FO actual approved that. Of course the spurs never helped themselves either.

I can see why white people in this city wouldn't like the look back in the day.. But it honestly gives our look so much life. Maybe it just looks amazing to because it's linked with my early childhood. Idk our look now isn't bad just boring alt jerseys so nothing to really complain about.

spursistan
10-18-2015, 02:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnV4TfU8AAQiab.jpg:large

ace3g
10-18-2015, 02:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/493757299836469248/NuXTkOSb_bigger.jpeg Spurs Baseline Bums ‏@SBaselineBums (https://twitter.com/SBaselineBums)

New seats @spurs (https://twitter.com/spurs) @SpursSTM (https://twitter.com/SpursSTM) #GoSpursGo (https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoSpursGo?src=hash)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRnxcUtUcAAVMIu.jpg
(https://twitter.com/SBaselineBums/status/655820694073118720/photo/1)

ace3g
10-18-2015, 06:03 PM
http://cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/2f0c6632b47ca401c80ac952d99e4b112bebb22f/c=207-0-3473-2456&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/2015/10/18/KENS/KENS/635807802069513128-DSC-2885.JPG

http://cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/2f0c6632b47ca401c80ac952d99e4b112bebb22f/c=207-0-3473-2456&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/2015/10/18/KENS/KENS/635807802067797106-DSC-2883.JPG

http://cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/2f0c6632b47ca401c80ac952d99e4b112bebb22f/c=207-0-3473-2456&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/2015/10/18/KENS/KENS/635807802023336536-DSC-2829.JPG

http://cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/2f0c6632b47ca401c80ac952d99e4b112bebb22f/c=207-0-3473-2456&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/2015/10/18/KENS/KENS/635807802060933018-DSC-2868.JPG

http://cdn.tegna-tv.com/-mm-/2f0c6632b47ca401c80ac952d99e4b112bebb22f/c=207-0-3473-2456&r=x1443&c=1920x1440/local/-/media/2015/10/18/KENS/KENS/635807802043304792-DSC-2844.JPG

DeRozan m8
10-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Fiesta colors, as someone said, well and truly out stayed their welcome.

Black, silver, white are by far the best colors in the league, and its not even close.

ace3g
10-18-2015, 06:37 PM
slide show

http://www.ksat.com/sports/spurs-look-for-first-preseason-win-in-newly-renovated-att-center

Das Texan
10-18-2015, 07:08 PM
i should make them give me back at least half my money for that crap.

i'm glad they got rid of that stupid confetti seat shit.

seats look 'ok' i'm not really a fan of how the cupholders are.

the food selection (especially for season ticket holders was trash). Saddles and Spurs club was an utter joke.

The best thing was the scoreboard which they finally got the stats working in the second half. Kinda a joke, tbh.

DeRozan m8
10-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Glad you had a good time tbh

DMX7
10-18-2015, 08:14 PM
They need to get rid of the rodeo banners. What the hell do they even mean?

ace3g
10-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Dan McCarney @danmccarneySAEN
(https://twitter.com/danmccarneySAEN)Though new video monitor at AT&T was going to be larger. Spurs official said they didn't want to go so big fans watched that instead of game''

Dan McCarney @danmccarneySAEN
(https://twitter.com/danmccarneySAEN)Having been to Jerry World multiple times, that's a real thing

DesignatedT
10-18-2015, 09:42 PM
from the initial photos the new video board was kind of underwhelming but after seeing it today it is definitely a great upgrade. It has an awesome picture and its a great size. I like the new seats except for the cup holders.

Talked to one of the bartenders who indicated that the main bar on the first floor won't be opening back up until December which is kind of shitty.

LakerHater
10-18-2015, 10:23 PM
Thought the seats woulda been wider plus theres no leg room between my knees & the seats in front!
The cup holder is like on my elbow & u actually havta stand up everytime someone passes by!

ace3g
10-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Thought the seats woulda been wider plus theres no leg room between my knees & the seats in front!
The cup holder is like on my elbow & u actually havta stand up everytime someone passes by!

I wanted cup holders but sounds like they didn't put them in a great spot...

I guess they didn't want to lose seating capacity by increasing the walkway.

I'll have to review the leg room issue (have long legs myself).

LakerHater
10-18-2015, 10:32 PM
I wanted cup holders but sounds like they didn't put them in a great spot...

I guess they didn't want to lose seating capacity by increasing the walkway.

I'll have to review the leg room issue (have long legs myself).
My cupholder snapped off!
Im 6' 1/2" & my son is 6'3" We've been Season Tix holders for 5 years & hadnt had problems with the leg room before.
I wonder since they widen the concourse if that pushed the seats closer?

LakerHater
10-18-2015, 10:44 PM

exstatic
10-18-2015, 10:51 PM
i should make them give me back at least half my money for that crap.

i'm glad they got rid of that stupid confetti seat shit.

seats look 'ok' i'm not really a fan of how the cupholders are.

the food selection (especially for season ticket holders was trash). Saddles and Spurs club was an utter joke.

The best thing was the scoreboard which they finally got the stats working in the second half. Kinda a joke, tbh.

#firstworldproblems

ace3g
10-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Im 6' 1/2" & my son is 6'3" We've been Season Tix holders for 5 years & hadnt had problems with the leg room before.

Possibly; I do remember always having to get up though when someone had to walk by. Part of that was because people had their drinks on the ground. Figured that would have been difficult to fix. I never had problems with leg room though.

LakerHater
10-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Possibly; I do remember always having to get up though when someone had to walk by. Part of that was because people had their drinks on the ground. Figured that would have been difficult to fix. I never had problems with leg room though.
We'd used to be able to just turn to the side & the can walk on by nut, not anymore, you havta literally stand!

our knees are on the back of the seat in front of us, sucks!

DeRozan m8
10-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Blaming the seats for the extra summer pounds tbh

spurs10
10-19-2015, 01:32 AM
It was a little tight. Nicer seats though. Seemed about the same as before space wise. If you're sitting next to a couple of big fat boys it's going to be an issue. They didn't have any of the stats on the big screen the first half. The concessions were half finished. A work in progress. The new metal detectors are an improvement.

Das Texan
10-19-2015, 08:38 AM

wifey actually commented on the less legroom she perceived.

I was too busy being annoyed by the cupholders and the really strange position they seem to be in...