PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Foreign Take On Hurricane Shelter

Jelly
08-30-2005, 01:26 PM
http://english.pravda.ru/mailbox/22/101/399/16074_Superdome.html

The Louisiana Superdome of shame
08/30/2005 15:10
Can you imagine New Orleans' wealthy elite meekly submitting to such microscopic searches of their persons and property for drugs?

Watching news coverage of the refugees trying to enter the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans for safety from the approaching force-five Hurricane Katrina, It was incredulous how the people attempting to enter the stadium were being treated by the national guard troops and local police. The people were made to stand for hours outside in the awful Louisiana climate while they were admitted one or two adults at a time so they could be searched "for firearms and alcohol."

The frail elderly, many grasping walkers and others in wheelchairs seemed to be near collapse. They, along with hundreds of small children needing water and rest-room relief, were forced to wait as long as four hours to get to safety. It was often repeated during the video reports that the last time the Superdome was used as a hurricane shelter, a few of the temporary occupants removed some furniture. But this time, they had a large security force on hand, so that was NOT going to happen again, no-siree-bob.

During coverage by Geraldo Rivera Sunday night, Fox News' video cameras zoomed inside the foyer deck of the Superdome and viewers could see a national guard person going through a powder compact from of a woman's purse that was 'way too small to hold a liquor bottle or a gun. It was obvious that they were looking for drugs in warrantless searches. They instructed all the refugees far back in the seemingly endless lines to have their prescription-pill bottles out when approaching the security checkpoint and also a photo ID to prove that they belonged with the prescription.

There were thousands of poor, mostly black citizens of the lower Louisiana area, many of them little children and sickly elderly, being forced to stand for hours while the government violated their civil rights with forced searches that were patently unconstitutional, unjust and unreasonable under the dire circumstances. 'Don't want to be searched? That's okay....now turn around, go outside and die!' Big choice.

Can you imagine New Orleans' wealthy elite meekly submitting to such microscopic searches of their persons and property for drugs? Heads would roll. But poor people who had no money to escape the deadly storm's onslaught had no choice. They had nowhere else to go to save their children's and parents' lives. They were humiliated just for trying to survive. Their grandfathers and grandmothers suffered as slaves on Southern plantations decades ago, while today, they suffer as slaves to the state, the state that cancels their human rights and dignity in the name of 'protecting' them.

Did you see that, America? Nothing has changed in the South. Poor people of are still being herded and treated as criminals because of the color of their skin. The Sheriff and Louisiana National Guard knows the profile of likely drug users: black people and anyone associating with them; they were searched just as if they were entering a state penitentiary visiting a death-row prisoner. Maybe the refugees would have fared better if they had had season tickets in their hands.

Think about it. They can allow in 30,000 screaming fans with fifty-dollar bills and costly NFL tickets in their hands in a few minutes, but poor black people fleeing for their lives, four hours. Four hours!

None of the news people I saw on the major cable and broadcast networks noticed this outrage. Apparently, they are still "embedded" with the government and couldn't possibly risk dislodging their heads long enough to report the truth right before their eyes.

We let morons take away our rights to person and property at the airports, all for the false 'protection' they promised us and can't possibly deliver, so now we see them doing it to helpless citizens even when the citizens' lives are in danger. 'First, we got to check you for weapons and drugs......pull your dress up, lift up your arms....' --let those old people collapse and those kids soil themselves-- 'This is for your own safety.'

God forbid that anyone have a hip flask to calm their nerves during a traumatic life-and-death experience. Someone else might actually toke up or take a non-prescription pill! And a few might take their right to keep and bear arms seriously, when everyone knows that only government employees deserve self-protection, not their citizen 'bosses.' The constitution doesn't apply when the government thinks it can make you safer by judging you, disarming you, and denuding you of your rights.

Who gave the order to make all these exhausted, miserable poor people wait for hours while they were searched so illicitly? Under what actual law did they search these refugees for anything whatsoever on their person? Do they search football game fans this thoroughly and for this long? Suuuuuure they do....

Could all this form a mass tort against the State of Louisiana? Maybe. Some of the Superdome refugees must be hopping mad.

Let's face it. If you're poor in America, you're a 'suspect,' maybe. If you're poor and black in America, you're a 'criminal,' definitely. Even if your life is in peril, no excuses. Your rights don't count as long as any badge or weekend warrior in BDU's says they don't.

This is the real story of the Louisiana Superdome. Hurricane Katrina can certainly destroy the environs of the Louisiana and her neighboring states, but that can all be rebuilt. What will never be rebuilt is the dignity of the poorest citizens of that region,[/B[B]] since the government acted with a greater destructive force than a hurricane. The lamp of freedom has been blown out by force-five bureaucrats, their sycophants and their head-embedded media enablers who will insure that it will never get re-ignited. For our own good, of course.

Heads should roll in Louisiana, for all those whose civil rights were violated on Sunday, August 28, 2005, outside the Louisiana Superdome of Shame.
:rolleyes

actually this was written by an American, but printed in Russia

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 01:27 PM
i somewhat agree
its total bullshit they searched everyone

how many guns do you thing the national guard brought?

Jelly
08-30-2005, 01:28 PM
I agree they didn't need to be so tedious in the searches. I just think the comparisons to the old south are ridiculous. The writer has gone way overboard.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 01:29 PM
really
can you imagine them pulling over Tahoes on the way out of town and searching everyone?

travis2
08-30-2005, 01:29 PM
i somewhat agree

how many guns do you thing the national guard brought?

why?

08-30-2005, 01:30 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the last time they Superdome was used as a shelter for a hurricane, there was quite a bit of violence and looting, thus the searches and heightened security.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
what are they searching for?
do they think people are gonna start snorting coke or having gun fights in the superdome

and really how many guns do you think the NG brought?

police state

Spurminator
08-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Gun searches are understandable. Drug searches are pretty ridiculous. At most, that's something that can be reported to a guard later if someone is causing a disturbance.

ObiwanGinobili
08-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I heard they found and confiscated quite a few gund and other assorted weapons.....

those peopel are going ot be in thier untill next MONDAY..i personally would not want ot be stuck in a buildging with thousands of other poeple for 1 week with no a/c no showers, 2 rations a day.. tempers flaring... nerves fraying.. and ontop of that there are people with booze and guns.

noway not me. search my bags all you want.

travis2
08-30-2005, 01:35 PM
what are they searching for?

Guns and drugs

do they think people are gonna start snorting coke or having gun fights in the superdome

Yes. Cram several thousand people together and tempers can flare. Best to keep weapons out of it. And best to keep drugs out of the mix as well.

and really how many guns do you think the NG brought?

police state

Oh, so the Guard isn't allowed to protect either themselves OR others? :rolleyes:

No sympathy from me. Deal with it.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 01:35 PM
search my bags all you want.

thats the wrong attitude to have
and the reason the government can pass blatently unconstitutional laws

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 01:37 PM
the Military is "protecting" us by searching our bags and having guns

i see thank god

Jelly
08-30-2005, 01:37 PM
really
can you imagine them pulling over Tahoes on the way out of town and searching everyone?

that would have been physically impossible and wouldn't make sense since you don't search people leaving on open highways :shootme
It does make sense to search people that are all going to gather together in a confined space.

Listen, the racism thing is BS. Searches have become commonplace these days, and not just at airports. At the last few 4th of July celebrations at the mall in DC, they conducted the same type of search. Two years ago, I had someone going through my purse VERY thoroughly and even opened a tube of lipstick. My friend had someone open her water bottle and sniff. Last year, I took nothing but the clothes on my back. Many others have learned to do the same. This year, I didn't even go...too much of a hassle. The problem is people brought everything and the kitchen sink to the Superdome, hence the long wait.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 01:38 PM
its not racism
its class wars at their worst

Shelly
08-30-2005, 01:38 PM
The should have let the drugs in. Personally, I'd want to be stoned out of my mind if a CAT 5 hurricane was gonna take me away like Calgon.

:)

SpursWoman
08-30-2005, 01:45 PM
i somewhat agree

how many guns do you thing the national guard brought?.

I think getting searched to that degree was excessive....the only thing I'd be concerned about were weapons. In groups of thousands in desperate situations it's seriously a recipe for disaster.

In any case, I wouldn't have been allowed in. With all of the stories of one of the biggest dangers being poisonous snakes looking for higher ground too, I'm not going ANYWHERE without a shovel or machete. Fuck that.

:fro

Extra Stout
08-30-2005, 01:49 PM
This article is such bullshit. Such absolute thankless bullshit. The situation in the Superdome is awful as is now. The National Guard is taking responsibility for tens of thousands of people in that facility under brutal conditions. This isn't a three-hour Saints game in nice, 70-degree controlled comfort. The place is a freaking refugee camp. The last thing they need is to deal with weapons and drugged-out people endangering the rest of the refugees.

God damn mother fucking liberal pieces of shit with no fucking clue about reality. If only we could bring back one of the victims whose life was worth something in exchange for this inhuman liberal shit.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 01:52 PM
^^fuck you you piece of shit Bush sucking neocon
we have a fucking constitution and your fucking cronies pissed all over it
why dont you take your Tahoe down to the local pd and let them search your asshole

Shelly
08-30-2005, 01:52 PM
um...okay....

ObiwanGinobili
08-30-2005, 02:00 PM
mookie - this should make you happy...

General Motors Corp. is recalling 804,000 full-size pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles because of potential brake problems, federal safety regulators said on Tuesday.

Vehicles affected by the recall include the Chevrolet Avalanche and Silverado pickups and the Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe SUVs. The GMC Sierra pickup and Yukon and Yukon XL SUVs are also affected. All 804,000 vehicles trucks are from the 1999-2002 model years, NHTSA said

there. now be happy.

Jelly
08-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Come on Mookie, you're trying to say you actually agree with ridiculous, overwrought garbage like this...

"They were humiliated just for trying to survive. Their grandfathers and grandmothers suffered as slaves on Southern plantations decades ago, while today, they suffer as slaves to the state, the state that cancels their human rights and dignity in the name of 'protecting' them.

Did you see that, America? Nothing has changed in the South. Poor people of are still being herded and treated as criminals because of the color of their skin. "

BTW - it probably escaped the writer's attention that the mayor, other key political figures in New Orleans, and those who sanctioned and organized these searches were mostly black.

Spurminator
08-30-2005, 02:10 PM
It's another example of someone having an issue that might possibly be worth discussing, but presenting it in such a way - with his timing, rhetoric, and outlandish hysteria - that his credibility is destroyed and discussion is moot.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
i didnt say i agreed with that

i would bet none of the peoples grandmothers or grandfathers were slaves

but the government is drunk with power and the first people they use it on is always the poor

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 02:16 PM
where did i go hysterical?

its a fact this country is becoming a police state
that may have been the the most "crazy" thing i said

Spurminator
08-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Not you, the writer.

Jelly
08-30-2005, 02:17 PM
You would bet? um...you don't need to bet. It would be almost impossible for their grandparents to have been slaves. (At least not in the U.S. If their grandparents were from Africa, it's entirely possible they were slaves. )

In any case, the writer probably doesn't mean grandparents literally, he's just making a point. But it's still a moronic one.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 02:19 PM
if theyre 90
and their parents were 45 when they had them and their parents were 45 when they had them and were slaves when they were young

Extra Stout
08-30-2005, 02:22 PM
i didnt say i agreed with that

i would bet none of the peoples grandmothers or grandfathers were slaves

but the government is drunk with power and the first people they use it on is always the poorIf they really wanted to fuck the poor they could have just left them in the floodwaters to die. That way they don't have to pay to support them anymore.

If all you can do when the authorities are out there trying to save as many lives as they can is to call them racist oppressors about the way they're doing it, then fuck you. You're fucking worthless. You should be dead rather than one of those poor helpless folks in the 9th Ward who drowned.

If the National Guard had been lax on security, and you had refugees getting into a fight and some people got shot, you'd have this exact same asshole writer bashing them for it... "oh, if it were rich white people at a Saints game, there'd be adequate security."

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 02:24 PM
i didnt call anyone racist.
go see your mother

Jelly
08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
if theyre 90
and their parents were 45 when they had them and their parents were 45 when they had them and were slaves when they were young

pretty unlikely they'd be having children at 45 considering the average life span of a black person in 1900 was around 50.

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 02:31 PM
men had children at 45 back in the day

yes unlikely
not impossible

Clandestino
08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
fuck that.. if they want in, they get searched... one drugged up fuckhead in a place like that is one too many. or one person with a weapon is one too many as well.

and these searches took longer than an nfl game bc people don't take as much shit as they can to an nfl game.

08-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Mookie is just pissed off that the public education system failed him.

Shelly
08-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Mookie is just pissed off that the public education system failed him.

:lol

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 04:58 PM
youre just pissed off because loving Bush, yall have to argue against the constitution

T Park
08-30-2005, 05:19 PM
mookie is another 14 year old, with democrat parents, spewing what they think.

Ignore the child.

Spurminator
08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
youre just pissed off because loving Bush, yall have to argue against the constitution

Has it occurred to you that by repeating this same retort in every other post of yours relating to politics, you have become the very thing you so eagerly mock?

Something to consider.

;)

boutons
08-30-2005, 05:21 PM
"public education system failed him."

evidence (selected at random from his posts, any one serves as well):

"loving Bush, yall have to argue against the constitution"

convicted, recidivist dumbshit :lol

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 05:27 PM
yeah i do often repeat myself

scoffing necons, tahoes,w stickers
defending the constitution

over and over again, ill do it until i die

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 05:35 PM
im somewhat older than 14 too
my mom has no politcal affiliation but ive convinced her bush is full of shit
(my mom also thinks rich white, rich people are full of shit) so this wasnt very hard
my dad is a conservative, although he's too smart to align himself with a party he likes bush and he's in Iraq right now "defending our freedom"

Horry For 3!
08-30-2005, 06:47 PM
I heard on the radio this morning that 2 people died in the Superdome.

tlongII
08-30-2005, 07:00 PM
where did i go hysterical?

its a fact this country is becoming a police state
that may have been the the most "crazy" thing i said

You crazy dude. Everybody gets searched in the post 9-11 world we live in.

T Park
08-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I wonder if Mookie knows his BF John Kerry drove a Suburban.

GASP!!!!!!

his gf Theresa drove a Escalade last year as well during the campaign.

What say now brown cow?

Clandestino
08-30-2005, 07:17 PM
mookie only hates TAHOES! haha...

Vashner
08-30-2005, 07:45 PM
If some dirtbag got in with pipebomb next day "Bush administration policy allowed bombers into shelter"... or "Bush administration caused weak National guard and because they where in iraq they had a gunman loose in the shelter it's bushes fault"...

etc...

Jelly
08-30-2005, 07:48 PM
(my mom also thinks rich white, rich people are full of shit) so this wasnt very hard
"

No offense to your mom, but that's an idiotic sentiment. Are rich white people more full of shit than rich people of any other color? Are rich people more full of shit than poor people? No. Being full of shit knows no race, no religion, no tax bracket. It is not the domain of rich, white people. It's an equal opportunity character flaw.

T Park
08-30-2005, 08:48 PM
my mom also thinks rich white, rich people are full of shit

congrats.

You and your mother are racists.

Be gone.

Trainwreck2100
08-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I think rich white people are full of shit, not all just some.

Useruser666
08-30-2005, 09:02 PM
WTF does politics have to do with anything now? This is the time where everyone should put politics aside and look to what they can do to help those who have suffered through such terrible devastation. The last thing we need to worry about is politics, who the president is or if they're Democrat or Republican. I can't believe you even bring these "points" up Mookie. Whatever little respect I gave you, you've just lost it. You can keep your guns, drugs, and rights and wait outside the Superdome while the hurricane passes by. With all your experience in crisis managment and disaster survival, you should be just fine.

mookie2001
08-31-2005, 10:16 AM
where i live it is to your advantage to just assume rich white people are full of shit
i dont hate them... i wouldnt call that racist

ask cbf

naturally i also have many white friends

ask elpimpo

if you didnt know me and just saw me or heard my name you would assume i am white
which makes me even more weary of rich white people

i take up for the poor because i am poor and the rich run this country

yall should go back and read my post
i didnt call anyone racist...only tpark did that

i didnt say people should bring guns or drugs into the superdome
if i was inline and they wanted to search my shit
id leave, hitchhike anywhere
because one who doesnt use his constitutional rights is a fool.

Jelly
08-31-2005, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=mookie2001]

QUOTE]

Wow. You totally miss the point. We are not accusing you of accusing others of being racist. You, yourself are being accused of being racist. I don't know whether you are racist or not, but you've certainly made some racist and ignorant comments. Such as...

"where i live it is to your advantage to just assume rich white people are full of shit
i dont hate them... i wouldnt call that racist"

That is just so fucking ignorant and bigoted. When you "just assume" that <insert race/religion/nationality> are <insert derogatory description> than you, by definition, are a prejudiced person. If you have succumbed to this type of bigoted thought because in your community such prejudice is rewarded and encouraged, than your community is racist. And I like the way you throw in the reverse of that tired line that white people use when defending things they say about blacks...

"naturally i also have many white friends" :lmao

mookie2001
08-31-2005, 11:10 AM
yes i admit it
i am prejudice against rich white people
so all the rich white people in this forum can go fuck themselves

Hook Dem
08-31-2005, 11:29 AM
yes i admit it
i am prejudice against rich white people
so all the rich white people in this forum can go fuck themselves
It seems to me that you consider anyone rich who has more than you. This isn't racism. It's just plain 'ol jealousy. "Poor 'ol me. Everyone has more than me". Get used to it. As long as your attitude remains the same, you will likely remain with less than everyone else. Sometimes age and life teaches the harshest lessons. You will undoubtedly learn that if you live that long with such an attatude. Now go ahead and tell me to fuck myself too! :rolleyes

mookie2001
08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
im jealous
how predictably condescending and pompous of you

mookie2001
08-31-2005, 11:38 AM
LOL
such comedy

i assume rich white people are full of shit
im called prejudice
i admit if that makes me prejudice... than i am

which posts of mine made you think im jealous?
you can quote me
please

Hook Dem
08-31-2005, 12:03 PM
LOL
such comedy

i assume rich white people are full of shit
im called prejudice
i admit if that makes me prejudice... than i am

which posts of mine made you think im jealous?
you can quote me
please
Try this one! "where i live it is to your advantage to just assume rich white people are full of shit
i dont hate them... i wouldnt call that racist

ask cbf

naturally i also have many white friends

ask elpimpo

if you didnt know me and just saw me or heard my name you would assume i am white
which makes me even more weary of rich white people

i take up for the poor because i am poor and the rich run this country

i didnt say people should bring guns or drugs into the superdome
if i was inline and they wanted to search my shit
id leave, hitchhike anywhere
because one who doesnt use his constitutional rights is a fool." It's good that you already know everything! You should be our leader before long! :lol

mookie2001
08-31-2005, 04:36 PM
yeah that post is dripping with the sin of jealously

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:39 PM
"where i live it is to your advantage to just assume rich white people are full of shit
i dont hate them... i wouldnt call that racist"

That is just so fucking ignorant and bigoted.

actually jelly you have no idea where we are from or how things work where we are from

when was the last time your cousin got caught with drugs, in the car with 3 other white guys, and all the white guys get off scott free, your cousin goes to jail (wasnt the driver)

when was the last time (in the same town) where 1 mexicano and 2 white boys get caught driving while smoking weed, the mexicano wasn't driving, and the 2 white guys get off SCOTT FUCKING FREE, the mexicano has to do massive service and pay massive fines

this fucking story made the newspaper in our town and still jack fucking shit was done about it
our DA has been called Racist so many times its not even funny....do you seriously think if a rich white boy was singled out with 4 blacks or 4 mexicans in the car, that all hell would not break loose???

you have no idea how things really work if youre so self righteous to ignore the simple fact that rich whites do get away with far more than you'd like to believe

go out into the real world and see how things work, stop listening to Rush Limbaugh and things turn out different than they seem

our town is so fucked up that when the 2 major high schools merged, the parents of the better off white people's high school bitched and petitioned and tried for months to keep from consolidating

when asked why, they gave the biggest bull shit reasons, not listening to the fact that it would help the town better off as a whole

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:41 PM
actually jelly you have no idea where we are from or how things work where we are from

when was the last time your cousin got caught with drugs, in the car with 3 other white guys, and all the white guys get off scott free, your cousin goes to jail (wasnt the driver)

when was the last time (in the same town) where 1 mexicano and 2 white boys get caught driving while smoking weed, the mexicano wasn't driving, and the 2 white guys get off SCOTT FUCKING FREE, the mexicano has to do massive service and pay massive fines

this fucking story made the newspaper in our town and still jack fucking shit was done about it

you have no idea how things really work if youre so self righteous to ignore the simple fact that rich whites do get away with far more than you'd like to believe

go out into the real world and see how things work, stop listening to Rush Limbaugh and things turn out different than they seem

who hired lawyers and who didn't?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:42 PM
who hired lawyers and who didn't?

the answer to this question could be thought of within seconds after posting it

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:43 PM
You crazy dude. Everybody gets searched in the post 9-11 world we live in.

this is the wrong attitude to have when the world we live in is steadily eating away at our constitutional rights

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:43 PM
so, why the fuck are you bitching? bc the dumbass minorities didn't hire lawyers they get busted.. that is how shit works.. it is not bc they were minorities...it was because they were too fucking stupid to know they should've hired a lawyer

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:46 PM
so, why the fuck are you bitching? bc the dumbass minorities didn't hire lawyers they get busted.. that is how shit works.. it is not bc they were minorities...it was because they were too fucking stupid to know they should've hired a lawyer

i specifically recall a debate in the political forum earlier in the summer about how poorer people are at a disadvantage and the one thing we all learned about you, clandestino, was that you are a foolish bigot who thinks for some reason that poor people have access to every resource that middle and upper class citizens do.
i can look up the thread if you want.

pretty much everyone but The Resurrected One realized how much of a bigot you are, as well as how ignorant you are to how the world works.

Manny had a pretty interesting time douching your "facts" that were backed by nothing more than Fox News stories

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:47 PM
the fact is clandestino, people like you only have Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity to form their network of beliefs and facts

having a cousin who cant afford a lawyer, who got in trouble in a bull shit situation, i see how things work.

you on the other hand assume stupidly outrageous things based on your brain full of lies and assumptions
remember what the word assume means?

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:48 PM
okay, so the people got in trouble bc they didn't hire a lawyer than.. not because they were minorities... if the fuckers are too poor to hire attorneys, then they need to choose friends who don't have drugs on them all the time.. try a little fucking common sense.

Jelly
08-31-2005, 06:48 PM

our town is so fucked up that when the 2 major high schools merged, the parents of the better off white people's high school bitched and petitioned and tried for months to keep from consolidating

when asked why, they gave the biggest bull shit reasons, not listening to the fact that it would help the town better off as a whole

None of that excuses prejudiced, bigoted attitudes. And you do your cause no good whatsoever by applying an ignorant racist stereotype to an entire group of people....ie rich white people. Making stupid generalizations doesn't do anyone any good. You don't know shit about me but still assume
1. I'm white and 2. that I listen to Limbaugh.

not too smart.

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:49 PM
the fact is clandestino, people like you only have Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity to form their network of beliefs and facts

having a cousin who cant afford a lawyer, who got in trouble in a bull shit situation, i see how things work.

you on the other hand assume stupidly outrageous things based on your brain full of lies and assumptions
remember what the word assume means?

tell your dumbass cousin not to hang out with fuckers who have drugs on them... i'm sure he was probably doing the drugs as well.

and now, i have cousins who do drugs as well. before they get in my vehicle, i tell them they have to lose their shit.. they respect that.

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:50 PM
and i am mexican and i hate limbaugh

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:50 PM

hey can i hire you?

sure, my fee is X dollars

Oh, i don't have X dollars

Oh, well can you get it soon?

No, probably not soon, my job pays little, and my parents have not supported me in a while

Oh, well.....sorry kid

Hey, wait! Clandestino, a very reputable source and intelligent mind, says that the world is supposed to work where i can get a good lawyer just as easy as the white boys on the other side of town! You should work for me, i dont know how i will pay for you, or if ever, but its the way the world works! Trust me!!! Clandestino says so@!

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:51 PM
tell your dumbass cousin not to hang out with fuckers who have drugs on them... i'm sure he was probably doing the drugs as well.

and now, i have cousins who do drugs as well. before they get in my vehicle, i tell them they have to lose their shit.. they respect that.

ignoring the point of injustice--typical

keep beating around the bush though, maybe i will forget

Shelly
08-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Didn't they use a public defender?

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:52 PM
hey can i hire you?

sure, my fee is X dollars

Oh, i don't have X dollars

Oh, well can you get it soon?

No, probably not soon, my job pays little, and my parents have not supported me in a while

Oh, well.....sorry kid

Hey, wait! Clandestino, a very reputable source and intelligent mind, says that the world is supposed to work where i can get a good lawyer just as easy as the white boys on the other side of town! You should work for me, i dont know how i will pay for you, or if ever, but its the way the world works! Trust me!!! Clandestino says so@!

CBFs Cousin: hey guys, no weed around me. i want to stay clean.
friends: fuck that, we smoke dope..that is what we do.
cbfs cousin: yeah, let's roll... pass that shit man...

sirens blaring..

if he had not been toking up or hanging with people doing that. then there would be no discusssion now..

tlongII
08-31-2005, 06:52 PM
this is the wrong attitude to have when the world we live in is steadily eating away at our constitutional rights

Oh really? Just which constitutional rights would those be?

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:53 PM
ignoring the point of injustice--typical

keep beating around the bush though, maybe i will forget

injustice because he was involved in drugs and he got busted? that is not injustice. that is justice.

Cant_Be_Faded
you dont know how things work in victoria, anyone who's lived there a decent amount of time knows how it fucking works

mookie is out of line if he alluded to being racist, but i can understand how he resents 'rich whites' like no other cuz victoria the upper class population is 99% white

They spend city funds on re-doing streets that have hardly no damage, while ignoring the constant complaints from lower-class neighborhoods about flood protection

you dont know how things work here...its bull shit and probably provides the basis for how mookie and i think of the upper class

Clandestino
cbf, why can't you agree that your cousin shouldn't have been hanging with those guys in the first place. i'm 100% positive he knew they had drugs on them...

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:54 PM
i thought victoria was a bunch of mexicans?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:54 PM
CBFs Cousin: hey guys, no weed around me. i want to stay clean.
friends: fuck that, we smoke dope..that is what we do.
cbfs cousin: yeah, let's roll... pass that shit man...

sirens blaring..

if he had not been toking up or hanging with people doing that. then there would be no discusssion now..

how does this prove that a poor lower class individual can get a bad ass lawyer just as easy as an upper class individual?
Its how the world works, right???? you're still beating around the bush

the fact that the newspaper tells the entire town about this shit and nothing is done proves how insane it is

SpursWoman
08-31-2005, 06:55 PM

I'm a white conservative and I hate Limbaugh.

But then, with my college education and years of hard work climbing up the ladder, I do better than the average Joe...so I'll be off in another thread fucking myself. :)

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:56 PM
cbf, why can't you agree that your cousin shouldn't have been hanging with those guys in the first place. i'm 100% positive he knew they had drugs on them...

i can and do agree with that--i told him 100000 times...

the fact is you went from

"did he hire a lawyer"

to

"he should have hired a lawyer"

to

"oh, well, uhh, he shouldnt have gotten in trouble to begin with! ha!"

you're retarded man i swear
at least i take the time to read what you say

Clandestino
do the crime, do the time...

BOTTOM LINE: he shouldn't have been hanging with the hoodlums...

Shelly
What income level is considered white rich people these days? Just curious.

Cant_Be_Faded
Oh really? Just which constitutional rights would those be?

search and seizures?

did i dream this?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 06:57 PM
do the crime, do the time...

BOTTOM LINE: he shouldn't have been hanging with the hoodlums...

:lol you make it so easy man, damn youre IQ is seriously sub-ninety at the most

bottom line: you've changed your bottom line 3 times now and explained nothing just kept backing up further and further

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 06:57 PM
i can and do agree with that--i told him 100000 times...

the fact is you went from

"did he hire a lawyer"

to

"he should have hired a lawyer"

to

"oh, well, uhh, he shouldnt have gotten in trouble to begin with! ha!"

you're retarded man i swear
at least i take the time to read what you say

there is nothing wrong with asking.. if he hired one.. but when you think of it.. and you already have.. he should not hang with those types of people.. boo hoo too fucking sad he got busted.. who gives a fuck really... maybe he will fucking learn next time!

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Clandestino you totally embody and personify why this country is going to shit

any fucking retard could agree with you that he did committ a crime, and he did deserve punishment and blah blah blah

the point is you keep focusing on shit like that to use as excuses to blind yourself to the obvious racism in our world still

I brought up this example because someone called Mookie out about how he detests the rich....I'm just telling you we have a very good reason, because we see the natural advantages the rich and their children have, and its very obvious

maybe not in your city, but where we are from, and other towns in america, its still very obvious that racism is around

the purpose of this thread was classism/racism...those of you who think racism is somehow totally eradicated are fools

Clandestino seems to think the poor just need to hire a lawyer, err not committ the crime in the first place

you're fucking stupid man its pointless trying to get you to understand SHIT

at least i agree, no shit, Captain Obvious, he should not have comitted a crime

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:02 PM
I swear to god, people in black ski masks could be systemically kicking down people's doors and killing them in cold blood, and Clandestino would still find a way to ignore the facts and start spewing stupid bull shit

"uhh, they should have bought more locks for their doors, uhhh i can never answer a single question and totally ignore my past remarks in every debate, uhhh im destino'

SpursWoman
08-31-2005, 07:03 PM
search and seizures?

did i dream this?

You have people who looted guns from Walmart stepping over dead homeowners to steal what they can out of their homes.

Were you counting on the honor system for people like this to NOT bring weapons into the Superdome?

Unbelievable how wrapped up some of you get in the literal meaning of the Constitution that reality completely escapes you. But I guess you'd be happy with someone stealing at least one of your two food rations with a gun pointed at your head. Maybe you'd be happy to fork over all of your water and your heart pills, and your kids' food while they are at it. I wouldn't.

I don't mind the extra security and inconvenience if it means my family and I might be a little bit safer. Those are extraordinary circumstances. If I were leaving a WalMart on a regular Saturday afternoon and got seached for no apparent reason, damn straight I'd be pissed.

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:04 PM
What income level is considered white rich people these days? Just curious.

Seriously, I'd like to know.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:06 PM
You have people who looted guns from Walmart stepping over dead homeowners to steal what they can out of their homes.

Were you counting on the honor system for people like this to NOT bring weapons into the Superdome?

Unbelievable how wrapped up some of you get in the literal meaning of the Constitution that reality completely escapes you. But I guess you'd be happy with someone stealing at least one of your two food rations with a gun pointed at your head. Maybe you'd be happy to fork over all of your water and your heart pills, and your kids' food while they are at it.

i dont completely agree with the article in question

my response you quoted was to TLong's question about what const. rights are being eroded today. I just answered.

As for the SuperDome, i do think its expected to have some kind of searching but they could have gone overboard

If you think its human nature to want to get fucked up and kill people when a Cat. 5 hurricane is coming, then i do see it equally as likely some psycho fan will bring a gun and kill a football player or something.

Actually both seem equally absurd to me.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Seriously, I'd like to know.

if you're asking me i dont know

im not one of them

our town is divided into two distinct areas though, you can almost see the line running east-to-west across the town

north part of town has majority white neighborhoods with houses that cost ~150K and up

i only know that cuz of the ads they have....

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:10 PM
if you're asking me i dont know

im not one of them

our town is divided into two distinct areas though, you can almost see the line running east-to-west across the town

north part of town has majority white neighborhoods with houses that cost ~150K and up

i only know that cuz of the ads they have....

Well, what yearly income would you consider rich? I'm not talking down to you, I'm just really curious.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, what yearly income would you consider rich? I'm not talking down to you, I'm just really curious.

im still in college, never had a permanent job

so i would have no clue

if we're talking about vtown, then anyone from cimmaron, tangerine, woodway, etc

its by neighborhood

N.Y. Johnny
08-31-2005, 07:12 PM

You are really Clan?
no Joke here..i thought you was white :lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:13 PM
You are really Clan?

anti-constitution anti-mexican anti-lower-class-rights hardcore conservative bush loving coconut

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Okay--I'm just trying to get an idea. Because to me, someone living in a $150k house isn't someone I would consider rich. Comfortable, yes, but not rich. I'm just trying to get a perspective.

Besides, it's a well known fact that mortgage companies will lend you money for a house you really can't afford.

Cant_Be_Faded
Okay--I'm just trying to get an idea. Because to me, someone living in a $150k isn't someone I would consider rich. Comfortable, yes, but not rich. I'm just trying to get a perspective.

you live in SA right? These prices dont translate well then.

My cousins once got a 100k house in austin that was sooo tiny. So i can see where you're coming from.

N.Y. Johnny
anti-constitution anti-mexican anti-lower-class-rights hardcore conservative bush loving coconut

:lmao

Clandestino is a good Patriot :smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:15 PM
he's a good leader too

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:15 PM
you live in SA right? These prices dont translate well then.

My cousins once got a 100k house in austin that was sooo tiny. So i can see where you're coming from.

Fair enough.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:18 PM

()909=tyhjyturytu00wned

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:21 PM
I looked on Realtor.com and I think for what you pay for size and square footage is pretty close to what you get here. Plus, with a lot of those homes you've got acreage which always increases the value.

Jelly
08-31-2005, 07:22 PM

He's mexican himself, but because he doesn't share your bigoted views that whites are full of shit he's an "anti-mexican coconut"?

Unbelievable. I hope in college you will somehow learn to rise above your prejudices.

SpursWoman
maybe not in your city, but where we are from, and other towns in america, its still very obvious that racism is around

Then move here. Duh. :lol

tlongII
search and seizures?

did i dream this?

The Fourth Amendment does NOT protect against all invasions of privacy; it only forbids unreasonable searches and seizures. This question in this case is...Is it an unreasonable search. I would argue that these are not unreasonable searches.

MannyIsGod
08-31-2005, 07:26 PM
:lol @ this thread. I didn't check it earlier.

The searches for guns were warranted. I'm with Shelly on the drugs, though. If I'm going to ride through a fucking cat 5 storm, I'm going to have a bong at my side. That way I can laugh at the cow that flys by me.

Mookie, :lol, you make me seem mellow man. I have lots of "white and rich" friends and many of them have been good to me. My best friends family practically adopted me in HS and they were pretty well off. You can't hate on someone just because they have more than what you have.

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:28 PM

The searches for guns were warranted. I'm with Shelly on the drugs, though. If I'm going to ride through a fucking cat 5 storm, I'm going to have a bong at my side. That way I can laugh at the cow that flys by me.

Mookie, :lol, you make me seem mellow man. I have lots of "white and rich" friends and many of them have been good to me. My best friends family practically adopted me in HS and they were pretty well off. You can't hate on someone just because they have more than what you have.

Damn right, Manny! I think I'd consider dropping acid just for that :lol

SpursWoman
08-31-2005, 07:29 PM

I didn't mention the drugs, but I'm torn. I'm not nor have ever been any kind of user......so I don't know. I'm pretty sure I'd need to be fucked up for this one.

Although I wouldn't pick weed.....I get cotton mouth too bad and I hear there isn't enough water to go around. I'd go for something like Xanax or something... :nerd :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Then move here. Duh. :lol

i live in austin, raised in victoria
i cant change history

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:32 PM
So is it just coincidence, then, that all the authors of the past, advising about police states, always say how the police insist that what they do is for "protection" and to "keep you safe"

is this a coincidence? is it total liberal lefty anti-american propoganda

maybe i have too much faith in mankind if i say noone would be lame enough to bring in guns, when i see 1000's of scared shitless and sad people waiting to get shelter int he wake of a category five hurricane

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Well, Austin's prices are outrageous.

That's why I'd never move back to California. I certainly wouldn't want to pay a million dollars or close to it for the equivalent of what I live in now

ObiwanGinobili
08-31-2005, 07:33 PM

Let's not forget the rich white guy who hit and killed a 13yr old meican girl with his truck @ 11am while drunk AND ALL HE GOT WAS 8 Yrs PROBATION.
I belive he was sentanced in 2001... right about hte time I decided to move to SA.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:35 PM

mookie and i have several 'w&r' friends too

i think he just got pissed from people changing his words and implying his prejudice is based on ignorance when in fact its the opposite (knowledge)

ObiwanGinobili
08-31-2005, 07:36 PM
if we're talking about vtown, then anyone from cimmaron, tangerine, woodway, etc

its by neighborhood

anyone who lives on "master's circle" or "master's place"

or anyone who lives in one of those freakin hotel looking houses in old victoria by the southern entrance to the park.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Let's not forget the rich white guy who hit and killed a 13yr old meican girl with his truck @ 11am while drunk AND ALL HE GOT WAS 8 Yrs PROBATION.
I belive he was sentanced in 2001... right about hte time I decided to move to SA.

stuff like this flies right over the heads of some people. its automatically deleted.

Stuff like this doesn't really happen! The way things work is that all have the same advantages and opportunities! [/dumbass]

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:37 PM
mookie and i have several 'w&r' friends too

i think he just got pissed from people changing his words and implying his prejudice is based on ignorance when in fact its the opposite (knowledge)

Well, mookie has been known to play the 'everyone is ganging up on me' angle before. I'm just sayin'...

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:37 PM
anyone who lives on "master's circle" or "master's place"

or anyone who lives in one of those freakin hotel looking houses in old victoria by the southern entrance to the park.

LOL!!1

Its funny because thispego lives on Masters Court

All the houses in old victoria are so big that they take up most of the block and have little houses far away from the main house, which used to be Slaves' Quarters, now used as garages.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Well, mookie has been know to play the 'everyone is ganging up on me' angle before. I'm just sayin'...

very true

but did you read the first 2 pages?

its pretty much what happened

Hook Dem
08-31-2005, 07:38 PM
i live in austin, raised in victoria
i cant change history
I have been reading your posts and I commend you for going to college. I have no desire to run you down or degrade you. You, in fact, can not change the enviornment you were raised in. However, you have an opportunity to change that now and move along in life. I wish you all the sucess in the world and I do not believe you view "rich white people" the same as Mookie. I was raised in a white trash neighborhood in Corpus Christi and I can relate to what you are saying. At some point, you will get the opportunity to climb out of it all and make a better life. Good luck to you!

MannyIsGod
08-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Searches during a natural disaster are not a dissemination into a police state. They just aren't. Fight the fight against things like the patriot act and other legislation that allows the government more power, but don't fight them when they are trying to keep people safe.

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:40 PM
very true

but did you read the first 2 pages?

its pretty much what happened

Yeah, I read it.

If you can't take the heat....

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Shelly, Obiwan gets it, cuz victoria is just one of those towns you have to see it to believe it

and she's seen it

rich is just a stupid general term...if we're talking victoria, its about where you live....its the neighborhoods and the types of people who live in them that mookie was really trying to talk about

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Searches during a natural disaster are not a dissemination into a police state. They just aren't. Fight the fight against things like the patriot act and other legislation that allows the government more power, but don't fight them when they are trying to keep people safe.

yeah, makes sense

i mean it would be stupid for them to have done no searches

but going from just this article, it makes you think what if they were excessively searched, what if they were being humiliated, and if this did happen then its also wrong
theres no doubt this article was biased and has the usual opinions meshed with fact

MannyIsGod
08-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Damn right, Manny! I think I'd consider dropping acid just for that :lol
How many calories in a 'shroom, Shelly? :lol

Vashner
08-31-2005, 07:44 PM
When the M16's light up and people's heads pop (like undead movies) then it's martial law... otherwise no biggie.

GODZIIRA!!

ObiwanGinobili
08-31-2005, 07:51 PM
LOL!!1

Its funny because thispego lives on Masters Court.

thats it.. he's on my shit list. :makemyday j/k :angel

All the houses in old victoria are so big that they take up most of the block and have little houses far away from the main house, which used to be Slaves' Quarters, now used as garages.

:lol yeah, my mom's house was one of the smaller versions... but our slave quaters had been sliced and fenced off and sold beofre we bought the house.
they forclosed on the house when my dad abandonded her. :depressed

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:52 PM
How many calories in a 'shroom, Shelly? :lol

With or without a Wheat Thin?

BTW, my rich white mother has been searched a few times at the airport, so they aren't just pulling minorities. And because she has an artificial hip, she's set off a few bells.

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:53 PM
CBF, let me ask you this. If you had the means right now, would you be living in the richer part of town?

ObiwanGinobili
08-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Shelly, Obiwan gets it, cuz victoria is just one of those towns you have to see it to believe it

and she's seen it

rich is just a stupid general term...if we're talking victoria, its about where you live....its the neighborhoods and the types of people who live in them that mookie was really trying to talk about

exactly.
that town is fucked up beyond belief.
it's liek the twilight zone down there.

It's the only town I know that has more churchs then fastffod places and banks combined.

oh, and my husband grew up as a mexican country boy.. his 2 very good friends where WHITE country boys.. they were large cornfed types.
anyway once time (teen years) they thought it would be funny to walk around the mall getting in people's places and shouting "heil hitler".
my husband just walked behind them sahking his head thinking "these drunk mofo's are dumb as shit" and happily keeping the keys to the truck safely in his pocket.
of course someone called the cops to complain. cops catch up to our 3 young boys in the mall - get this:
They tell the 2 white guys to get moving along and spend the next 20 min. s grilling the mexican!!!! :wtf

Shelly
08-31-2005, 07:59 PM
exactly.
that town is fucked up beyond belief.
it's liek the twilight zone down there.

It's the only town I know that has more churchs then fastffod places and banks combined.

oh, and my husband grew up as a mexican country boy.. his 2 very good friends where WHITE country boys.. they were large cornfed types.
anyway once time (teen years) they thought it would be funny to walk around the mall getting in people's places and shouting "heil hitler".
my husband just walked behind them sahking his head thinking "these drunk mofo's are dumb as shit" and happily keeping the keys to the truck safely in his pocket.
of course someone called the cops to complain. cops catch up to our 3 young boys in the mall - get this:
They tell the 2 white guys to get moving along and spend the next 20 min. s grilling the mexican!!!! :wtf

It's sad in this day and age shit like that still happens.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
CBF, let me ask you this. If you had the means right now, would you be living in the richer part of town?

If i had the means, I would get a decent sized house and would not spend that much. I'd have no use for the space, and I don't need/expect much.

But if I were inclined to buy a (relatively) bigger house in one of the better neighborhoods, it does not mean I would become blind to the shit going on like destino, it doesnt mean that I would stop trying to change things.

My dad takes part in city council meetings and his job as well as his employees have been threatened for the past 10 years due to council represntatives of the better areas of town wanting to privatize. What advantage is in privitization? Gee, I dunno, but maybe Dr. X gets a few more bills under the table for constantly vouching for privatization at every meeting.
It hasn't happened because of the impact it would have, but it still tries to happen because of bull shit politics

I always try to spread information about the BS going on, some of the crap my dad has told me in the past is outrageous. If i lived in Benchmark I would try to inform the residents around me of the BS and would probably end up being ex-communicated.

Shelly
08-31-2005, 08:03 PM
If i had the means, I would get a decent sized house and would not spend that much. I'd have no use for the space, and I don't need/expect much.

But if I were inclined to buy a (relatively) bigger house in one of the better neighborhoods, it does not mean I would become blind to the shit going on like destino, it doesnt mean that I would stop trying to change things.

My dad takes part in city council meetings and his job as well as his employees have been threatened for the past 10 years due to council represntatives of the better areas of town wanting to privatize. What advantage is in privitization? Gee, I dunno, but maybe Dr. X gets a few more bills under the table for constantly vouching for privatization at every meeting.
It hasn't happened because of the impact it would have, but it still tries to happen because of bull shit politics

I always try to spread information about the BS going on, some of the crap my dad has told me in the past is outrageous. If i lived in Benchmark I would try to inform the residents around me of the BS and would probably end up being ex-communicated.

:) And I mean that sincerely.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 08:04 PM
It's sad in this day and age shit like that still happens.

This is the shit I grew up with for the first 19 years of my life.

Mookie only lived in victoria from around 5-18 and thats been enough for him. His grandma lives in the area of town that floods and gets absolutely NO FUCKING CITY FUNDING for a flood prevention program or anything, and peanuts in releif

victoria gets viscious flooding because we're downstream, we get all the rain that falls here, plus all the rain that falls further north

one time we were on Channel One lol

Jekka
08-31-2005, 08:14 PM

Ahahaha Channel One. Did Lisa Ling cover it? :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Ahahaha Channel One. Did Lisa Ling cover it? :lol

im not sure. it was the flood we had in 98 i think.

ironically school was cancelled and we werent able to view our own story but i read in the paper that channel one had covered the situation for a 1 minute story

ObiwanGinobili
08-31-2005, 08:25 PM
This is the shit I grew up with for the first 19 years of my life.

Mookie only lived in victoria from around 5-18 and thats been enough for him. His grandma lives in the area of town that floods and gets absolutely NO FUCKING CITY FUNDING for a flood prevention program or anything, and peanuts in releif

victoria gets viscious flooding because we're downstream, we get all the rain that falls here, plus all the rain that falls further north

it wouldn't have flooded so bad in Vic and Cuero during '98 if SA hadn't opened up her damn levees with no concern about the people downstream....
I know people who ae STILL living in thier FEMA trailers.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-31-2005, 08:51 PM
holy shit i forgot about that

Clandestino
08-31-2005, 09:16 PM
You are really Clan?

i've said it many times here..

but yeah, imagine when i am around my family.. the side that chooses to be poor and make excuses and do shit like that... i have one side that has numerous relatives in prison and one side who is in business... i've seen both sides of life since i was young.

travis2
09-01-2005, 06:53 AM
it wouldn't have flooded so bad in Vic and Cuero during '98 if SA hadn't opened up her damn levees with no concern about the people downstream....

Ummmmm...so what would your solution have been?

Do you honestly think SA opened the levees just on a whim???

Trainwreck2100
09-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Put me in the "clan's not white" surised category, and I was going to get him a free tan for christmas.

travis2
09-01-2005, 07:22 AM
I know people who ae STILL living in thier FEMA trailers.

Also, Cuero and Victoria are on the Guadalupe. The SA river doesn't drain into the Guadalupe.

whottt
09-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Mookie is totally within his rights to hate rich white people...

I personally despise poor motherfuckers...In America..the only way you are poor is if you are stupid...

Case in point their inability to understand why the National Guardsmen were doing weapons searches at the Superdome...

Now as the news breaks about people firing on helicopters leaving the Superdome, I think it's easy to see why the Guard was worried about it. I think it's also easy to see that there is definitely a link between stupidity and poverty.

I tell you...I hate poor people with a fucking passion...we should trick them all into joining the military and then give them suicide bomber search duty and get rid of these dumb fuckers.

You know why I hate the poor?

Because they break into my fucking car and steal my fucking hard earned shit.

Because they steal my fucking bike.

Because they broke into my fucking neighbors house and blew his head off...and then stole his stuff.

What makes America a great country...welll..it aint the fucking poor that's for sure, evey country has fucking poor, their aint nothing special about it......they don't create jobs, they don't invent shit, they don't pay for the infrastructure...

What they do is sit there and bitch about their poorness and expect a handout of my fucking money...for what? Stealing my shit?

Yes I hate the fucking poor...because instead of getting off their ass and competing and trying to get a fucking job and saving up for their retirement...they instead get on fucking welfare and give birth to 55 little stealing fuckers like themselves so they can have someone to take care of them when they get old...and so they can get twice as much of my fucking hard earned money for doing nothing more than stealing from me. Because of this there always eventually become more poor than rich...and then the bitter ass poor destroy the society.

Fuck, the poor...aint nothing special about them...they are ignorant, they live outside the rules of society, they break laws, they hatch like fleas, they shouldn't be allowed to procreate...and they take my fucking money.

Mookie :tu bro...you and I are brothers in our beliefs, just different sides of the same coin....and I totally see where your hate is coming from. If I was the weak link in evolution I'd be ruled by hatred of the sucessful as well.

whottt
09-01-2005, 07:37 AM
http://today.reuters.com/investing/financeArticle.aspx?type=bondsNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20050901:MTFH33 836_2005-09-01_11-50-09_N01434130:1

New Orleans bus operation suspended after shots
Thu Sep 1, 2005 7:50 AM ET
Printer Friendly | Email Article | Reprints | RSS

HOUSTON, Sept 1 (Reuters) - An operation to bus more than 20,000 people from New Orleans to the Houston Astrodome has been suspended temporarily because shots were fired at helicopters being used in the evacuation, a local government spokeswoman said on Thursday.

"We were told they are shooting at Chinook helicopters and the operation has been put on hold until daylight," said Gloria Roemer, spokeswoman for Harris County Judge Robert Eckels.

She said the military helicopters are being used to take evacuees who have been sheltered at the Superdome in downtown New Orleans to the staging area where buses are waiting to take them to Houston.

"It makes you think 'what is going on?'" she said.

Must be the Rich White People doing it...Shooting at the people trying to save the poor(many of whom also had their homes destroyed, just like the poor) I mean...If that's not intelligence at work then I don't know what is...must be the rich keeping them poor.

JoeChalupa
09-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Stupidity and ignorance, IMO, has no income level.

whottt
09-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Not true Joe...the clearest sign of stupidity that there is is hating someone for no other reason because they are more successful than you...It goes hand in hand with being unsuccessful.

What does every tyrant..er champion of the poor do when they come to power?

They steal every thing from the Rich under the guise of Socialism...the poor buy into this because it feeds their hatred of the rich...then they realize they are stuck with a dumbass leader who doesn't know how to create or make money, or how to solve social problems...only how to steal it, and eliminate freedom of speech ...after their hatred subsides and their vegeance has been fed, they slowly realize they are worse off than they were just being poor.

ObiwanGinobili
09-01-2005, 07:53 AM

damn it. I'm starting to like you more than normal. :makeout
:lol

thats just about the same dang way that I feel.
"back in the day" when I/we had alot more dough I didin't feel the need to have a big ass erverything and I've always had an idea in my head of what is too much to spend for something - no matter how great people think it is.
(ex: $100 is too much for shoes .. I'd never do it.)

BTW- I would never buy a home in Benchmark. A> the home owners assoc. prob wouldn't accept me :lol B> those things are huge! I'd spend all week cleaning it just to have to start over again.

sincerly,
the mutual appreciation society

JoeChalupa
09-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Not true Joe...the clearest sign of stupidity that there is is hating someone for no other reason because they are more successful than you...It goes hand in hand with being unsuccessful.

What does every tyrant..er champion of the poor do when they come to power?

They steal every thing from the Rich under the guise of Socialism...the poor buy into this because it feeds their hatred of the rich...then they realize they are stuck with a dumbass leader who doesn't know how to create or make money, or how to solve social problems...only how to steal it, and eliminate freedom of speech ...after their hatred subsides and their vegeance has been fed, they slowly realize they are worse off than they were just being poor.

My point is that ignorance and stupidy are traits found in people of all income levels and that IS true. But that is just my opinion.

I've got nothing against the rich, hell, I wouldn't mind being one of them.
But to me, a man who has good friends is the richest man in town.

Where have I heard that?

SpursWoman
09-01-2005, 08:03 AM
:makeout @ whottt

Sorry, but..... :lmao :lmao :lmao

whottt
09-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Seriously...

If I was born poor and hated life because of it, you know what the first thing I would do is?

I'd go and stick my foot up my poor dumb parents ass for having me and bringing me into this world without being able to adequately provide for me...Stupid fuckers are the ones that made me poor.

But no...that would be the smart reaction...which would mean I wouldn't have stayed poor against my wishes, due to blind hatred, in the first place.

And Joe...if you don't want to be rich then you aren't one of the stupid poor...You are like me...I am not rich but I don't really care to be...and I certainly don't hate those that are...The opportunity is there in this country..but you have to compete for it.

mookie2001
09-01-2005, 01:09 PM
people love to think of themselves being victimized when people scoff the "rich", quit being so pompous
when i say rich im not talking about 2 story house having people (although often that does apply) im not talking about Tahoe drivers im talking about to where people cannot understand basic problems and other ethnicities because theyve always had money
when people can choose to go to any college in the world, without considering money, can afford not to work during high school, college and still be PAID OUT, when you can join a frat and act like youre not buying your friends when you can get an "internship" at yours dads friends firms, you frat brothers dads companies and get a cherry job right after college and then scoff poor people for not going to college and getting jobs

and of course when you never have to work at all because your familys money makes you money

but back to what i first said to where peoples chodes exploded
i assume "rich white people are full of shit" im not going to act like an asshole to their face, if i can see theyre cool people, ill be friends with them, its just ill save myself the time

nobody came up with any instance in which my posts made me sound "jealous", which is a perfect example of pompousness and totally changing the subject back to me

09-01-2005, 01:25 PM
nobody came up with any instance in which my posts made me sound "jealous", which is a perfect example of pompousness and totally changing the subject back to me

No, they're bagging on you because you come off as an uneducated, angry, little child.

mookie2001
09-01-2005, 01:27 PM
"oh im mad because i have a house in Key Allegro and I just assume youre talking about me!"

09-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Try again slick, I don't have a house in Key Allegro. I do have a small one bedroom apartment in Rockport that I stay in during the week while I work at my job while my wife and two children live in San Antonio.

SWC Bonfire
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Also, Cuero and Victoria are on the Guadalupe. The SA river doesn't drain into the Guadalupe.

Well, not until within a few miles of the coast, anyways.

The illustrious Army Corps of Engineers are responsible for Canyon Lake. GBRA (Guadelupe-Blanco River Authority) is responsible for the hydroelectric dams along the way down to Cuero and Victoria. GBRA was to blame for a few fuckups in 1998, including dumping huge amounts of water down the river and making the situation worse rather than better.

Basically, the people running things upstream could give a shit what happens to people downstream. They will try to save a few houses built on the fucking water's edge (hey moron, build your house on a hill) before they wash MILLIONS of $$$ worth of livestock and crops down the river.

Here's free advice: don't buy or build a house anywhere near a native pecan tree.

SWC Bonfire
09-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Try again slick, I don't have a house in Key Allegro. I do have a small one bedroom apartment in Rockport that I stay in during the week while I work at my job while my wife and two children live in San Antonio.

Don't forget your yacht, 1369, and your private helicopter. :lol

mookie2001
09-01-2005, 01:37 PM
sorry man, thats rough, i feel your pain

floods...
we've had 3 devasting floods since 98
the city wont do shit
what would happen if the country club or the american eagle got flooded with such regularity

travis2
09-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, not until within a few miles of the coast, anyways.

The illustrious Army Corps of Engineers are responsible for Canyon Lake. GBRA (Guadelupe-Blanco River Authority) is responsible for the hydroelectric dams along the way down to Cuero and Victoria. GBRA was to blame for a few fuckups in 1998, including dumping huge amounts of water down the river and making the situation worse rather than better.

Basically, the people running things upstream could give a shit what happens to people downstream. They will try to save a few houses built on the fucking water's edge (hey moron, build your house on a hill) before they wash MILLIONS of $$$ worth of livestock and crops down the river.

Here's free advice: don't buy or build a house anywhere near a native pecan tree.

It was my understanding (I could be wrong...) that most of the rain was downstream from Canyon...

SWC Bonfire
09-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Well, the city of Victoria can't do anything about it raining 30 inches in New Braunfels. Low lying areas aren't a good place to live, period.

BTW, you guys probably caught the several hundred thousand pounds of pecans of ours that floated down the river.

SWC Bonfire
09-01-2005, 01:46 PM
It was my understanding (I could be wrong...) that most of the rain was downstream from Canyon...

In 1998, yes.

GBRA dumped water from Nolte and Lake McQueeny in advance of receiving water from NB. This sent an ARTIFICIALLY LARGE slug of water down the river that ended up reaching our area just as we got hit by an additional 12" of rain (in the middle of the night, as well). This raised the river up higher than any geological evidence would show it has been.

Thanks, GBRA! (FYI, we only had 16 cows, 2 bulls and 32 calves drown - we were lucky. They all washed off - we later caught some downstream that had been over the damn at H-4).