PDA

View Full Version : Marvel and Sony tried negotiating over Spiderman...

djohn2oo8
12-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Apparently, Marvel wanted to include him in CA3, talks broke down, still an interesting read nonetheless

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/10/sony-hacks-reveal-marvel-wants-spider-man-for-captain-america-civil-war-2496030?lt_source=external,manual,manual

lefty
12-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Phew I m glad its not happening

Sheriff Hoyt
12-11-2014, 12:56 PM
A deal could still be possible. Sony is in trouble.

lefty
12-11-2014, 12:57 PM
A deal could still be possible. Sony is in trouble.
oh well

Spidey pissing off the Hulk would be funny :lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Lol trying to save ca franchise, wat a shit hero.

Shit like enrique

spurraider21
12-11-2014, 08:52 PM
what? the cap america movies have been the best ones of the marvel bunch imo

RsxPiimp
12-11-2014, 09:00 PM

Shit like enrique

Cap is pretty bad ass, especially after Winter Soldier. That elevator scene is dope as hell.

jeebus
12-11-2014, 09:32 PM
The new spiderman sucks cock. It truly is amazing they got a PG13 rating with all the cock sucking going on during the movie.

Why would Marvel want to include so much faggottry in such a good series?

Sheriff Hoyt
12-11-2014, 11:11 PM
The new spiderman sucks cock. It truly is amazing they got a PG13 rating with all the cock sucking going on during the movie.

They would probably re-boot spiderman..

lefty
12-11-2014, 11:16 PM

This

They would probably re-boot spiderman..

They better do that

Brunodf
12-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Why would Marvel want to involve that Spiderman in the MCU:bang

djohn2oo8
12-13-2014, 10:55 PM
If Sony and Marvel reach a deal, Garfield will be OUT as Spidey, and the new Spidey may be in CA3

http://www.latino-review.com/news/marvel-wants-a-fresh-start-with-spider-man-without-andrew-garfield

djohn2oo8
12-13-2014, 10:56 PM
http://mashable.com/2014/12/12/spider-man-may-appear-in-captain-america-3-but-not-played-by-andrew-garfield/

djohn2oo8
12-13-2014, 11:06 PM
lefty

lefty
12-13-2014, 11:25 PM
As long as it's not that phaggot

Xevious
12-15-2014, 09:19 AM

It doesn't need saving, it's doing just fine. Cap is a badass.

And leave the gay Spiderman alone. He's unusable in a Marvel movie, and rebooting yet again would be just retarded.

jeebus
12-15-2014, 11:11 AM
They chose the most beta cuck lookin fag ever to play spiderman. No shock there that Marvel would want to ditch his sissy ass.

djohn2oo8
12-15-2014, 02:46 PM
They chose the most beta cuck lookin fag ever to play spiderman. No shock there that Marvel would want to ditch his sissy ass.

Hope they reach a deal and have time for a re-cast

Franklin
12-15-2014, 09:18 PM
they want to adopt another superfreak in the Avengers because they think they don't have enough freaks yet, but the real case is just the opposite. You always need a protagonist (like IM in Avengers 1) even though the rest stars are also big names, otherwise it'd be a carnival rather than a movie imho.

speaking of the CA series, shit's doomed to failure anyway, even the former goddess Scarlett couldn't rescue it tbh.

jeebus
12-15-2014, 09:25 PM
speaking of the CA series, shit's doomed to failure anyway, even the former goddess Scarlett couldn't rescue it tbh.

are you drunk or retarded? the last CA movie mad three quarters of a billion $.

Michael Jordan.
12-15-2014, 09:25 PM
they want to adopt another superfreak in the Avengers because they think they don't have enough freaks yet, but the real case is just the opposite. You always need a protagonist (like IM in Avengers 1) even though the rest stars are also big names, otherwise it'd be a carnival rather than a movie imho.

No shithead, Spidey is in the Avengers in the comics. And Scarlet was widely mediocre, CA series didn't need her.

RsxPiimp
12-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Amy Pascal wants creative control from script writers, costumes, casting. Only good thing about it is she wants the Russo's to direct a potential Spiderman stand alone flick.

RsxPiimp
12-15-2014, 09:30 PM

You have got to be shitting me. Cap WS is probably one of the best storyline in the MCU so far :lol

Franklin
12-15-2014, 09:33 PM
are you drunk or retarded? the last CA movie mad three quarters of a billion $.
The CA plots are always shitty and CA himself is no doubt the weakest link of the Avengers with superpower. I think people still bought CA2 only because the former Goddess Scarlett played a role in, that said, Lucy is a much better movie if you wanna see Scarlett playing a superhero role.

Franklin
12-15-2014, 09:48 PM
No shithead, Spidey is in the Avengers in the comics. And Scarlet was widely mediocre, CA series didn't need her.
The book and movie shall not be the same, chink. You can spend unlimited time reading a book but a movie only lasts 2 hours or so. It'd be OK to include ALL the book characters in the movie if the audience have read the books themselves and hence are familiar with those characters, but I guess most people don't have chink sugar daddies like yours, so they have their own stuffs to deal with in their daily lives and won't have that much time to waste on comics. I mean even if they do read some books they'll choose those which are knowledge instead of garbage, tbh.

RsxPiimp
12-15-2014, 09:54 PM
The CA plots are always shitty and CA himself is no doubt the weakest link of the Avengers with superpower. I think people still bought CA2 only because the former Goddess Scarlett played a role in, that said, Lucy is a much better movie if you wanna see Scarlett playing a superhero role.
STFU. Seriously.

Franklin
12-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I'm still a Scarlett fan but no longer to such an extent as I used to be. Scarlett used to be great at one time but the current version isn't even half the actress she once was. However, she's still the sparkle of the avengers and I wouldn't even watch avengers anymore if they exclude black widow or get someone else to play that role tbh

Michael Jordan.
12-15-2014, 09:59 PM
The book and movie shall not be the same, chink. You can spend unlimited time reading a book but a movie only lasts 2 hours or so. It'd be OK to include ALL the book characters in the movie if the audience have read the books themselves and hence are familiar with those characters, but I guess most people don't have chink sugar daddies like yours, so they have their own stuffs to deal with in their daily lives and won't have that much time to waste on comics. I mean even if they do read some books they'll choose those which are knowledge instead of garbage, tbh.
As long as that whore Scarlett ain't in it.

Franklin
12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
as long as your mom still has the charm and elasticity to draw cash out of your sugar daddy, you're welcome to stay in the US

Gummi Clutch
12-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Marvel and their shitty movies :lol

lefty
12-16-2014, 12:51 AM
Kevin Feige is mean moto :lol

You're either with him or against him

lefty
12-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Update, and it's quite interesting

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=112568

ChumpDumper
12-18-2014, 03:10 PM
It's tough to cast teen Spider-Man because dudes grow up. You can bust out three movies in a couple years but he just ends up in college after that again. But that explains the "dump Garfield" stories.

djohn2oo8
12-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Some rumors going around that it is a done deal. Spidey may first appear in Cap 3 post credits.

lefty
12-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Stark will make his suit I guess

djohn2oo8
12-21-2014, 02:10 AM

RsxPiimp
02-10-2015, 06:14 AM
It's official

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/spider-man-will-finally-join-the-marvel-cinematic-110608545912.html

Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is finally swinging over to the biggest game in town.

Marvel and Sony announced late Monday night that the comic company’s most beloved hero will appear in an upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe film before his next adventure for Sony, which is scheduled to be released on July 28, 2017. The long-anticipated news comes thanks to a new deal that will also see head Marvel Studios honcho Kevin Feige sign on as a producer of the Spider-Man franchise alongside Amy Pascal, the former Sony head who is now producing movies distributed by the studio.

The announcement hinted at major changes for Spider-Man, promising that Feige and Pascal, who helped launch the franchise in 2002, would “collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger.”

"Spider-Man is one of Marvel’s great characters, beloved around the world," Disney CEO Bob Iger said. "We’re thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

Pauly D
02-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Just put him in with the Avengers. We need a fucking 6th Spiderman movie

Sheriff Hoyt
02-10-2015, 10:17 AM
http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_ into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

lefty
02-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Sinister Six Still in Development, Spider-Man to Debut in Captain America: Civil War

http://www.superherohype.com/news/329523-sinister-six-still-in-development-spider-man-to-debut-in-captain-america-civil-war#/slide/1

Darius McCrary
02-10-2015, 11:55 AM
There is no need for more Spiderman movie

His character is already a movie laughing stock

Sheriff Hoyt
02-10-2015, 12:47 PM

cantthinkofanything
02-10-2015, 12:55 PM

I heard it's going to be Nick Cannon.

Chinook
02-10-2015, 01:07 PM
I heard it's going to be Nick Cannon.

Caught between saying "He's hilarious" and pointing out that that wouldn't be the most impertinent casting in light of recent permutations of the character.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Too bad about Garfield. He was the best thing about the newer movies. The bashing of the second movie is overplayed tbh. The bottom line was the movie grossed about as well as Winter Soldier.

If the rumor is true about trying to cast a teen and put him in high school again, that barely makes sense as the actor will just be college age by the second movie anyway.

lefty
02-10-2015, 03:31 PM
My 0.02 about TASM

The interpretation of Spiderman was good, witty and funny, but Garfield's Parker was a total emo douchebag; that wasn't Peter Parker

Pauly D
02-10-2015, 03:56 PM
I SAY DONALD GLOVER!!!!! Cause..you know...he's kinda funny.. and black :rolleyes

DisAsTerBot
02-10-2015, 04:34 PM
I SAY DONALD GLOVER!!!!! Cause..you know...he's kinda funny.. and black :rolleyes

maybe if they go with ultimate spiderman miles morales.

spurraider21
02-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Too bad about Garfield. He was the best thing about the newer movies. The bashing of the second movie is overplayed tbh. The bottom line was the movie grossed about as well as Winter Soldier.

If the rumor is true about trying to cast a teen and put him in high school again, that barely makes sense as the actor will just be college age by the second movie anyway.
don't think that matters too much. garfield was 29 while playing a high school peter parker in the 2012 film

also i dont think its fair to downplay criticism just because of box office performance. spiderman 3 was widely considered to be the worst of that trilogy and was the highest grossing

Pauly D
02-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Does Miles Morales also like cock? Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2015, 05:44 PM
don't think that matters too much. garfield was 29 while playing a high school peter parker in the 2012 filmThen right out of high school next time around.

also i dont think its fair to downplay criticism just because of box office performance. spiderman 3 was widely considered to be the worst of that trilogy and was the highest grossingShows it's all relative. Movies are made to make the studio money. Iron Man 3 can be characterized the same way and you don't see RDJ getting the reboot. I think Sony is just in a cascade of overreactions. It will be interesting to see how Marvel integrates Spider-Man without making it look comically forced. They obviously have some kind of plan.

spurraider21
02-10-2015, 06:37 PM
http://cdn2.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/andrew-garfield-spider-man.jpghttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/109/086/original/Amazing-Spider-Man-2-DeHaan.jpg?1373489457

one of these was high school, the other was college... they look the same. i dont think they moved peter parker to college for amazing spiderman 2 because of the actors age

RsxPiimp
02-10-2015, 06:40 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who feels Garfield portrayed a very good Parker and he absolutely loved the character unlike Maguire which is why I'm a bit disappointed he won't get to continue his work under a much, much better direction.

There are talks of Logan Lerman or Zack Effron as playing the next Spiderman. As crazy as it may sound, if the choice is down to both, I hope Effron gets it over Logan. I think he can capture the annoying and hilarious personality of Parker.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2015, 06:40 PM
http://cdn2.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/andrew-garfield-spider-man.jpghttp://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/109/086/original/Amazing-Spider-Man-2-DeHaan.jpg?1373489457

one of these was high school, the other was college... they look the same. i dont think they moved peter parker to college for amazing spiderman 2 because of the actors ageExactly.

What would be the point in keeping him in high school for more than one film ever? Just another origin story, which is pretty boring and something I hope Marvel skips.

RsxPiimp
02-10-2015, 06:47 PM
And I don't mind Miles Morales as Spidey in the MCU. But since Sony has creative control, it's more likely Parker back in the big screen.

SupremeGuy
02-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Does Miles Morales also like cock? Might as well kill two birds with one stone.Black lesbian muslim midget transgender Spider-Man, tbh. :lol

spurraider21
02-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Exactly.

What would be the point in keeping him in high school for more than one film ever? Just another origin story, which is pretty boring and something I hope Marvel skips.
yeah but it might also be hard to have this "oh he's been here all along, fighting crime with superpowers and being an icon of new york" storyline just jammed in. will certainly take some creativity to avoid some sort of origin story

ChumpDumper
02-10-2015, 07:09 PM
yeah but it might also be hard to have this "oh he's been here all along, fighting crime with superpowers and being an icon of new york" storyline just jammed in. will certainly take some creativity to avoid some sort of origin storySince he won't be the main focus of the fist movie, it could work out fine. I mean the first MCU Hulk movie just montaged his origin because everyone knew it already from a non-MCU movie.

spurraider21
02-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Since he won't be the main focus of the fist movie, it could work out fine. I mean the first MCU Hulk movie just montaged his origin because everyone knew it already from a non-MCU movie.
ending of Norton's Hulk tbh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYmvPPFk54E

djohn2oo8
02-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Glad they worked this out. Not sure how they could have done Civil War without Spidey.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2015, 07:27 PM
ending of Norton's Hulk tbh...I don't know how the ending fits into the conversation, but it would be fun to see Ross back in Civil War.

spurraider21
02-10-2015, 08:38 PM
I don't know how the ending fits into the conversation, but it would be fun to see Ross back in Civil War.
The point is, albeit very loosely, the hulk wasn't a new introduction into the marvel universe in the Avengers. Just bringing a fully developmed spiderman without having an original story would be odd

lefty
02-10-2015, 08:49 PM
The point is, albeit very loosely, the hulk wasn't a new introduction into the marvel universe in the Avengers. Just bringing a fully developmed spiderman without having an original story would be odd

Well they mentioned Dr Strange in Cap 2, opening the door for introducing characters without an origin story and establishing that there are already other powered people out there.
And BP will be in Cap 3 as well

Plus, we also have Hank Pym in the upcoming Antman movie

ChumpDumper
02-10-2015, 08:55 PM
The point is, albeit very loosely, the hulk wasn't a new introduction into the marvel universe in the Avengers. Just bringing a fully developmed spiderman without having an original story would be oddDo we really know Hawkeye's or Black Widow's origins at this point? I don't know much about their actual movie origins out of a few oblique asides. Looks like BW's start is going to be fleshed out in Ultron after three major appearances.

spurraider21
02-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Well they mentioned Dr Strange in Cap 2, opening the door for introducing characters without an origin story and establishing that there are already other powered people out there.
And BP will be in Cap 3 as well

Plus, we also have Hank Pym in the upcoming Antman movie
yeah but spiderman is a big public figure tbh... not somebody that would be under the radar at all

spurraider21
02-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Do we really know Hawkeye's or Black Widow's origins at this point? I don't know much about their actual movie origins out of a few oblique asides. Looks like BW's start is going to be fleshed out in Ultron after three major appearances.
it would be weird because spiderman is a public figure in new york. black widow was a spy, just the opposite

ChumpDumper
02-10-2015, 09:19 PM
it would be weird because spiderman is a public figure in new york. black widow was a spy, just the oppositeI guess. Black Widow has gone about as public as possible in the meantime.

Spider-Man has to be a public figure with a secret identity in Civil War, that's the whole point. There won't be any time for more than an Incredible Hulk origin montage if they introduce him there, and none of the other movies scheduled make any sense for him before his solo movie. They're doing the same thing with Black Panther at the same time.

Civil War has a great premise, but it's kind of awkward because there aren't many (any?) established secret identity heroes in the movies. I guess they'll have the two mentioned above (though Panther isn't even a citizen, right? lol) plus Daredevil and whatever guys they can scrape up from Agents of SHIELD.

Well, if any writing team can pull it off, it's Markus and McFeely.

lefty
02-10-2015, 10:38 PM
yeah but spiderman is a big public figure tbh... not somebody that would be under the radar at all
True

But BP will have a major role in Cap 3, Spidey not as much (unlike the Civil War comics)

As for the secret identity thing, it won't be the angle they will use in the movie