PDA

View Full Version : Bush Compares Iraq to WW2

Nbadan
08-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Bush Draws Comparisons Between Iraq War, WWII

SAN DIEGO -- A resolute President George W. Bush, facing a public wary of his war policies, declared Tuesday at Naval Air Station North Island that "we will not rest until victory is America's and our freedom is secure."

Commemorating the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II, the president drew comparisons between that 20th-century conflict and current wars on terror and in Iraq.

"As we mark this anniversary, we are again a nation at war. Once again war came to our shores with a surprise attack that killed thousands in cold blood," he said at a naval base here, referring to Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

He said that as in the time of World War II, the United States now faces "a ruthless enemy" and "once again we will not rest until victory is America's and our freedom is secure."

NBC (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/militaryconnection/4912531/detail.html)

Well, I guess its a fair comparison since there are shades of Nazism involved. W's Grandpa, Ole' Preston Bush, attempted to profit from the Nazis.

Spurminator
08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
We've heard this before...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/120/2094/640/bush-hitler.jpg

Clandestino
08-30-2005, 03:42 PM
kamikazes = suicide bombers

mookie2001
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM
prowar chodes in this forum compare WWII to Iraq everyday

boutons
08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
shrub is stretching, duh, trying to hook anything that looks remotely like justification and honor on the Iraq war.

"our freedom is secure"

NOBODY believes the Iraq war has increased USA security.
Many feel war's efficiency as a Jihadi Recruiting Poster has made USA (and UK) less secure.

shrubworld, where reality for the man in buble is on permanent vacation.
The man is screaming embarrassment in the entire history of USA.

gtownspur
08-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Bush Draws Comparisons Between Iraq War, WWII

NBC (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/militaryconnection/4912531/detail.html)

Well, I guess its a fair comparison since there are shades of Nazism involved. W's Grandpa, Ole' Preston Bush, attempted to profit from the Nazis.

Sometimes Dan you add points to the Douche bag barometer. Bush's qoute of Sept 11 being like Pearl Harbor should not be put to dispute.

But you know whats funny. For all the dick shit google news and bs news sources you and boofouns try to bombard us with 911 and Iraq as having no link towards each other. Bush said a statement about 911 and you fuckers immediately thought
IRAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vashner
08-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Yea I like how Team America has that line "you missed the point on pearl harbor (the movie"....

They made a movie and it was all love fest... didn't show the jap's all happy while our guys where burning on fire.

As for the link in iraq to 911... They all have the same war cry "Allah Ackbar".. same chant recorded on 911 in the cockpit as your average Iraqi insurgent..

Bush just can't say we ripping Allah a new one because it's not PC thing to attack a
part of Islam.

danyel
08-30-2005, 07:44 PM
kamikazes = suicide bombers

I disagree, kamikazes had honour, they crashed against airplane carriers and destroyers in the middle of an armed conflict.

Suicide bombers murder civilians, children included.

Clandestino
08-30-2005, 07:46 PM
the japanese had no honor in wwII. have you seen how they treated our servicemembers???

danyel
08-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Theres still a big difference between a kamikaze and a suicide bomber IMO.

gameFACE
08-30-2005, 10:11 PM
"As we mark this anniversary, we are again a nation at war. Once again war came to our shores with a surprise attack that killed thousands in cold blood," he said at a naval base here, referring to Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
I can't believe W still tries to associate 911 and Iraq together. And people are still dumb enough to buy it. It only proves that the educational system really does need work.

Obi wan Ginobili
08-31-2005, 11:26 AM
The japanese were scumbags in WWII.

Thankfully when we got a hold of them we didn't treat them any different.

It's not that many of them didn't TRY to surrender.

RIP goons.

My grandfather served in the Pacific and they tried every day to make sure that I never existed.

They got what was coming to them.