PDA

View Full Version : X-ray and MRI on Kawhi's hand came back negative

SpursFan86
12-11-2014, 05:57 PM
An MRI performed Thursday on Kawhi Leonard’s sore right hand revealed nothing more than a bruise, and the Spurs’ small forward could be cleared to play Friday night against the Los Angeles Lakers...Leonard’s availability Friday will likely be determined by his pain tolerance, per a source with knowledge of his test results.

Read the article here: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/12/11/leonards-mri-negative-could-be-cleared-to-play-vs-lakers/

Good news. I wasn't that worried, but the thought of him possibly having another issue similar to last year was definitely lingering in the back of my mind.

Also, Parker is probable to play against LA tomorrow, and Splitter's extensive minutes against New York didn't further injure him, so he should be good to go as well. Now all we need is for Patty to be back :toast

Spur|n|Austin
12-11-2014, 05:59 PM
I wonder if it happened when he went down hard on his back? Don't recall another time it looked like he was hurt.

Plum Island
12-11-2014, 06:01 PM
I got a copy of the one of the x-ray screens:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/1/30204_503430058d.jpg

daslicer
12-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Great news since I was looking forward to seeing him deny Kobe from breaking MJ's record.

DesignatedT
12-11-2014, 06:36 PM
:lol

loveforthegame
12-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Good news. :tu

Hopefully Leonard plays but I can see Pop sitting him since it's the Lakers.

Chris
12-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Good news. :tu

Hopefully Leonard plays but I can see Pop sitting him since it's the Lakers.

Yeah, me too. Pop will almost definitely rest him especially with the way Belli, KA, and the rest of the bench are playing.

littlecoyotecoin
12-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm not a doctor, but I believe this means he has no hand where his hand should be.

monkeypunk
12-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Hope he plays tomorrow, got 15th row seats and want to see the squad in full force and beating the living shit out of the Lakeshow!

littlecoyotecoin
12-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Hope he plays tomorrow, got 15th row seats and want to see the squad in full force and beating the living shit out of the Lakeshow!

I am hoping to cancel your hope. I hope all four sit again, and Boris and Danny, too. I hope the rest of the scrubs get a win while resting our studs in relatively meaningless game. Just like NYC, lather, rinse, repeat.

monkeypunk
12-11-2014, 10:03 PM
I am hoping to cancel your hope. I hope all four sit again, and Boris and Danny, too. I hope the rest of the scrubs get a win while resting our studs in relatively meaningless game. Just like NYC, lather, rinse, repeat.

That would be fine and all but so would kawhi locking down kobes so he doesn't get that record on our floor. Let him do it against the magic or whatevs.

Play everyone and beat them by 50 with kobes going 1 for 812, I say.

BillMc
12-11-2014, 10:16 PM
That's great news. Thanks for posting.:toast

milkyway21
12-12-2014, 05:36 AM
An MRI performed Thursday on Kawhi Leonard’s sore right hand revealed nothing more than a bruise, and the Spurs’ small forward could be cleared to play Friday night against the Los Angeles Lakers...Leonard’s availability Friday will likely be determined by his pain tolerance, per a source with knowledge of his test results.

Read the article here: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/12/11/leonards-mri-negative-could-be-cleared-to-play-vs-lakers/

Good news. I wasn't that worried, but the thought of him possibly having another issue similar to last year was definitely lingering in the back of my mind.

Also, Parker is probable to play against LA tomorrow, and Splitter's extensive minutes against New York didn't further injure him, so he should be good to go as well. Now all we need is for Patty to be back :toast

Thanks for the info :tu