PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Carmelo open to a trade

Sheriff Hoyt
12-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Five months after swearing his allegiance to New York and signing a five-year, $124 million contract, sources told The Post the All-Star forward would be open to dropping his no-trade clause if team president Phil Jackson strikes a deal with a team Anthony would like to play for.

Part of Anthony’s deal included the rarely used no-trade provision.

“He thought things would be better than this, but he still wants to stick it out for now, ’’ a source said. “He trusts Phil, but I think he’s afraid of Phil.’’

“I’m willing to be patient,” Anthony said Sept. 30. “Now, how long am I willing to be patient? I can’t tell you that. But I’m willing to be patient.”

“I’ve told him it might be a good idea to hang in here and see what it’s like for a year,’’ Jackson said at the time. “I just offered that this gives you an opportunity to see how this is going to change, how we’re going to get it going.’’

If Jackson looks to trade Anthony, the Bulls would be the obvious candidate. They pursued him heavily in the offseason, and the new documentary on his free agency tour depicted how close Anthony came to asking Jackson for a sign-and-trade to Chicago since he didn’t want to accept the $74 million offer the Bulls had room for under the cap.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/12/carmelo-anthony-will-consider-waiving-no-trade-clause-source/

RsxPiimp
12-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Melo is one of the most unlikeable athlete in modern sport. Such a bitch ass:lol. If he wanted to win, he should've signed with Chicago or Houston in the first place. But I'm not surprised, you can't expect honor from a guy who likes to sucker punch …then tucked tail and ran away like a scared little fat bitch.

DPG21920
12-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Shocking. Takes the biggest contract he can get then requests a trade.

Killakobe81
12-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Melo is one of the most unlikeable athlete in modern sport. Such a bitch ass:lol. If he wanted to win, he should've signed with Chicago or Houston in the first place. But I'm not surprised, you can't expect honor from a guy who likes to sucker punch …then tucked tail and ran away like a scared little fat bitch.

Like I said never wanted that cat at the max salary so thank God he told us thanks but no thanks ...
Dude is pulling a Dwight his last year in Orlando media needs to call him out on this.
But instead when Kobe passes MJ (scoring only) it will be a lot of crap about how Kobe is no MJ ... well no shit. Kobe is 2nd greatest SG Mj is arguably the GOAT player regardless of position ... no true comparison, really.

But pack on topic I like (liked) Melo but I just dont think anyone not named Durant, Lebron and maybe ADavis is worth a max contract.

100%duncan
12-12-2014, 11:40 AM
No one would want that contract

Malik Hairston
12-12-2014, 11:46 AM
:lol Carmelo is becoming a clown figure, tbh..

Signs a massive contract with the Knicks instead of joining a contender, then subsequently spends all his time complaining about not signing with the Bulls..smh..

unleashbaynes
12-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Such a fat, worthless, crybaby, suckerpunching faggot.

Darth_Pelican
12-12-2014, 12:02 PM
We'll give you Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers for him.

100%duncan
12-12-2014, 12:03 PM
We'll give you Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers for him.

For him to become the #1 and take more shots away from AD?

Henrik Sedin
12-12-2014, 01:35 PM
To be fair guys his best second option is 6yr/140 mill deal Amare

DPG21920
12-12-2014, 01:40 PM
He knew that before he signed his deal though. He knew what position the Knicks were in before he put pen to paper. Can't complain now. Especially since NY is on track to have cap space and make some moves next year. They have a lot of trade assets in the form of big expiring contracts as well.

DJR210
12-12-2014, 01:49 PM
The fat is getting to this niggas head

Buddy Mignon
12-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Why should Melo be loyal to the Knicks after seeing how they duped him. He had no idea they were not going to make any moves and bring in a rookie coach. That's loyal enough. Now call home, PJ and let's make a deal.

DPG21920
12-12-2014, 02:00 PM
:lol Wanting Carmelo. Kobe isn't signing off on anyone who isn't an elite passer if you know what I mean.

benefactor
12-12-2014, 02:04 PM
:lol...please send Carmelo to the Lakers.

daslicer
12-12-2014, 02:06 PM
I wonder where he could possibly be traded to.

Seventyniner
12-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Do it, Mitch.

bulakenyo
12-12-2014, 02:14 PM
I used to like that guy.

Mikeanaro
12-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Why? He would suck on any team.

Sean Cagney
12-12-2014, 03:48 PM

He should have went to Chicago like he said he decided to do one day at home, period. NY is a dead end and most know that, that dead end will get nowhere with Melos contract or with him as the leader of the team so they are both a bad fit for eachother. Trade that guy and start over.
Why? He would suck on any team.

I pretty much dead on agree here.

12-12-2014, 04:14 PM
No one will want to have him with that contract he signed over the summer.

Thread
12-12-2014, 05:11 PM
I don't see Anthony is quotations in that article.

mavsfan1000
12-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Marshmelo strikes again.

Thread
12-12-2014, 05:18 PM
It's nothing more than Media setting up Anthony to shield Jackson. It's marching orders direct from NYC and Silver.

We'll see if Anthony takes it. That no trade clause (((IT IT'S TRUE))) is going to be a problem. Anthony ain't no 85 year old Jew in Los Angeles. He's a wise ass niqqer and he won't go quietly and he won't go without Jackson with him.

ElNono
12-12-2014, 05:21 PM
It's nothing more than Media setting up Anthony to shield Jackson. It's marching orders direct from NYC and Silver.

We'll see if Anthony takes it. That no trade clause (((IT IT'S TRUE))) is going to be a problem. Anthony ain't no 85 year old Jew in Los Angeles. He's a wise ass niqqer and he won't go quietly and he won't go without Jackson with him.

FWIW, he was actually fielding questions about that in NY sports radio today... there were also some comments from the radio hosts on Phil. One on hand, one guy was saying he was starting to get uncomfortable, whereas the other guy was saying that the Knicks would have to overpay anyways to get some big name management guy since Dolan has fucked up the franchise so much through the years...

spurraider21
12-12-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't see Anthony is quotations in that article.
You never saw Amy in quotations but that never stopped you.

unforeseen
Like I said never wanted that cat at the max salary so thank God he told us thanks but no thanks ...
Dude is pulling a Dwight his last year in Orlando media needs to call him out on this.
But instead when Kobe passes MJ (scoring only) it will be a lot of crap about how Kobe is no MJ ... well no shit. Kobe is 2nd greatest SG Mj is arguably the GOAT player regardless of position ... no true comparison, really.

But pack on topic I like (liked) Melo but I just dont think anyone not named Durant, Lebron and maybe ADavis is worth a max contract.

Do it Mitch!!!
Lakers would definitely get into the playoffs.

Thread
You never saw Amy in quotations but that never stopped you.

6 was from Amy.

Daniel Sedin
12-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Why any idiot wants him in the West, much less the Lakers, I have no clue. I sure don't want LA relevant again

Thread
12-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Phil was gonna be a GM.

Big shot.

spurraider21
12-12-2014, 05:29 PM
6 was from Amy.
You never saw a quotation from Amy.

Thread
12-12-2014, 06:57 PM
You never saw a quotation from Amy.

6 was from Amy.