PDA

View Full Version : Most likely no decision today w/Finley

BillsCarnage
08-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Local talk show says he's having a hard time deciding between the three and will take another day to decide.

:fro

picnroll
08-30-2005, 05:13 PM
This guy is getting on my nerves. Fuckem. Sign Brown.

hussker
08-30-2005, 05:13 PM
UHHH, that means Cuban will increase the cost of the BeltBuster over the next 24 hrs to try and gain the COIN to get MF out of the West....

Would you like FRIES with that?

Spurminator
08-30-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm thinking he discussed it with his agent and they decided it was a bad news day to announce the decision.

G-Nob
08-30-2005, 05:17 PM
He's wants a day where he can be the only headline. I can see a player acting like this if he's michael jordan but not spare ass michael finley.

F-this dill hole!

Devin, can you find it in your heart to forgive us?

ShoogarBear
08-30-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.spellingpolice.com/images/sp458x155.gif

Brutalis
08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
This guy is getting on my nerves. Fuckem. Sign Brown.
Ding.

An unsure man is a dead man.

hussker
08-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Regardless, It makes no difference for us in June 2006!

Sii
08-30-2005, 05:28 PM
why would a local Suns talk show know?

regardless...one day...big fucking deal

Kori Ellis
08-30-2005, 05:30 PM
I have heard that the decision will likely come tonight. So we'll see.

HB22inSA
08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Imagine if we get Finley, along with Van Exel.

That's like having 2 very good starting Lineups on the team.

timvp
08-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Finley is deciding in warp speed compared to Malone. Malone took months. Finley is taking days.

Relax.

usckk
08-30-2005, 05:34 PM

Haha, it better be. I'm obsessive compulsive because of him. I'm checking this forum every 2 minutes! Come'on now. Make a decision!

Sii
08-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Finley will decide by the end of the week

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/marty_burns/08/30/steve.finley/index.html

loveforthegame
08-30-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm a big Finley fan but even this is getting on my nerves.

I have a hard time believing he hasn't made up his mind yet. I just can't wrap my mind around that one.

I'm starting to think he's going to retire. That would be a big secret. Make up your mind already.

BillsCarnage
08-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I don't see how NVE could do anything but help bring Finley here.

This could be causing the delay. NVE signs... Finley delays decision.

In one ear he has Nash whispering.. In the other it's Nicky.

Walton Buys Off Me
08-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Malone........I still get a smile on my face when I think that this moron could have but didn't get his elusive ring this year.

As for Finley- I really do want him but if it's not to be, it's not to be. Assuming his back is ok, Devin is more athletic, a better defender and knows our system so bringing him back is by no means a concilation prize.

Money316
08-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Haha, it better be. I'm obsessive compulsive because of him. I'm checking this forum every 2 minutes! Come'on now. Make a decision!

Dude take a deep breath; the Spurs are already World Champs. With Finley, or without, everyone else is simply racing for second place.

:fro :fro :fro

Money316
08-30-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm a big Finley fan but even this is getting on my nerves.

I have a hard time believing he hasn't made up his mind yet. I just can't wrap my mind around that one.

I'm starting to think he's going to retire. That would be a big secret. Make up your mind already.

why would subject dude retire now w/o the bling? Phoenix, Miami, SA and $1-5M, lets see ... daaaaa! Like pop says "don't be a homer"

:fro :fro :fro

loveforthegame
08-30-2005, 06:14 PM
I was joking about the retirement angle.

ducks
08-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Tuesday August 30, 2005 5:56PM

It seems like a no-brainer. Michael Finley is sure to sign with the Heat, right? After all, Miami can offer him more money than Phoenix or San Antonio -- as well as a chance to play with Shaq for an NBA title.

Why is Finley hesitating?

"I haven't decided yet," the free-agent shooting guard said Tuesday as he left the West Loop Athletic Club in Chicago, where he was working out with his personal trainer. "I should know by the end of the week."

It remains a good bet when all is said and done Finley, perhaps the top free agent left on the market, will sign with the Heat. After all, Miami has its full mid-level exception available -- $5 million next season -- while San Antonio can offer only $2.5 million and Phoenix the veteran's minimum of $1.1 million. Although an offset clause in the league's waiver rules would require Finley to give back around half of any new deal to his old Mavericks team, that's still a million good reasons to bypass the Spurs and two million to spurn the Suns.

But if the 32-year-old veteran has decided on plying his trade in South Beach next season he apparently hasn't told newly-acquired Heat forward Antoine Walker.

Finley and Walker have been working out almost daily at the West Loop club, formerly known as Hoops The Gym. On Tuesday, Finley emerged from the facility around 1:30 p.m. as Walker and several other NBA players were arriving for afternoon pickup games. Finley, ice bags taped to his knees, stopped to chat briefly with Bucks guard Bobby Simmons, then climbed into his black Land Rover.

Walker showed up just as Finley was pulling out of the driveway. "What'd Mike say?" Walker asked, seemingly as in the dark as everybody else. Told that Finley hadn't yet decided, Walker just shrugged.

If Finley were locked into the Heat, wouldn't he have given some indication by now to his fellow Chicagoan and potential teammate? Or was Walker merely acting as if he didn't know?

Either way, the fact it's taking Finley so long to decide can't be bad news for Suns GM Bryan Colangelo. Phoenix would love to add Finley to its backcourt rotation, especially after losing Joe Johnson. While the Suns can't offer as much money, they can offer Finley a chance to play for a championship and be reunited with his buddy Steve Nash. They also have the full $5 million mid-level exception to offer Finley in the summer of 2006.

"I think he's going to continue to ponder this and maybe decide later in the week," Colangelo said Tuesday. "He's not ready to make a decision yet."

The Spurs also remain in the hunt for Finley's services. San Antonio reportedly had offered Finley the remaining $2.5 million from its mid-level exception for next season. But Finley might be leery of joining an already-crowded Spurs perimeter, a situation that figures to be worsened with Monday's addition of Nick Van Exel.

That's why everybody around the league seems to think Finley will wind up in Miami. The Heat might have a bit of a crowd in the perimeter as well, especially with Walker and James Posey now there logging minutes at small forward, but there are many other intangibles to attract him. He has a relationship with coach Stan Van Gundy dating back to their Wisconsin days. He shares the same agent, Henry Thomas, as Heat superstar Dwyane Wade. He also knows the Heat are serious about him, given last week's personal visit from Pat Riley, who traveled to Chicago along with Van Gundy to pitch Finley on the idea of joining Miami's redesigned juggernaut. If that's not enough, the Heat even hung banners with Finley pictured in a Heat uniform outside American Airlines Arena.

Money316
08-30-2005, 06:16 PM
I was joking about the retirement angle.

my baddd :fro

ducks
08-30-2005, 06:18 PM
But Finley might be leery of joining an already-crowded Spurs perimeter, a situation that figures to be worsened with Monday's addition of Nick Van Exel.
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Spurminator
08-30-2005, 06:20 PM
as well as a chance to play with Shaq for an NBA title.

Slurp, slurp, spit.

ducks
08-30-2005, 06:20 PM
since when did finley play point :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

exstatic
08-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Miami is balking at paying the full MCE right now, so Finley is giving them a chance to "decide"[/timvp] :lol

gospursgojas
08-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Fuck Fin, everybody knows the Spurs aren't ones to wait forever for free agents who get used to being courted...Bitch.

I mean if he makes his decision tom. and chooses the Spurs then fine... but if there is no decision by tomorrow, fuck him and sign DB

TheWriter
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Fuck Fin, everybody knows the Spurs aren't ones to wait forever for free agents who get used to being courted...Bitch.

I disagree,

Sincerely,

Karl Malone

beirmeistr
08-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Somehow, Finley's situation has lost some of its signigicance now that the Spurs have NVE. It's all good from now on.

timvp
08-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Miami is balking at paying the full MCE right now, so Finley is giving them a chance to "decide"[/timvp] :lol

:hat

TwoHandJam
08-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Let me get this straight. The writer claims Finley "might be leery of joining an already-crowded Spurs perimeter" because of the signing of Van Exel, who will play backup PG and doesn't interfere whatsoever with Finley's minutes. He then however rationalizes that Miami, having both Posey and Walker eating up minutes at Finley's position of small forward "might have a bit of a crowd in the perimeter as well" :rolleyes

He then immediately finds reasons why this won't be a problem - even listing tripe like Finley sharing the same agent as Wade as a good reason. Right. Finley won't mind getting limited minutes because he loves the fact that he shares the same agent as Wade.

I can't believe writers get paid for unloading such biased and flimsy work as sports journalism.

TheWriter
08-30-2005, 07:55 PM

How sure are you?

rl64tx
08-30-2005, 08:00 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/marty_burns/08/30/steve.finley/

TheWriter
08-30-2005, 08:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/marty_burns/08/30/steve.finley/

Been posted twice already.

Gummi
08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
I agree. It's not that difficult. You have three to four good teams that want your services. Make a decision, man.

I agree that the Spurs should just re-sign Devin and call it a day.

We then have;

PG: Parker, Van Exel, Udrih.
SG: Manu, Barry, Van Exel, Brown.
SF: Bowen, Barry.

Not bad. Enough minutes for everyone and everyone should be happy. Right?

Tek_XX
08-30-2005, 08:12 PM

I mean if he makes his decision tom. and chooses the Spurs then fine... but if there is no decision by tomorrow, fuck him and sign DB

Yeah i think the Spurs can wait till the end of the week, geez

ducks
08-30-2005, 08:17 PM
how many of you would weigh 4 scholarships to 4 different schools for atleast a weeek

Dre_7
08-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Devin, can you find it in your heart to forgive us?

Devin doesnt have to forgive "us" because he is restricted. "We" can match any offer and keep him on the Spurs.

Anyways, if SA doesnt get Fin or DBrown, what are the odds they get the Big Dogg back. Kori, timvp, anybody have any ideas??

50 cent
08-30-2005, 08:24 PM
The Spurs have 7 days to decide on Devin Brown even after he signs an offer sheet with another team. There is no benefit to telling Finley to fuck off and signing Devin tonight.

Money316
08-30-2005, 10:08 PM
how many of you would weigh 4 scholarships to 4 different schools for atleast a weeek

Full up or tuition/fees only? Its always about the jack.

nkdlunch
08-30-2005, 10:28 PM
God Damn! it's not that hard a decision. all 3 are good winning clubs.
like someone else said take ur pick
- money
- playing time
- or a title

pick one!!!

DesiSpur_21
08-30-2005, 10:53 PM
God Damn! it's not that hard a decision. all 3 are good winning clubs.
like someone else said take ur pick
- money
- playing time
- or a title

pick one!!!

Yeah...it's not like he is going to be the "franchise player" for the team he chooses or the money being offered deserves this much trouble to make a decision.

loveforthegame
08-30-2005, 11:05 PM
It's hoopsworld so take it for what it's worth.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_14018.shtml

The Dominoes are Falling

By Mario Morgan and Eric Pincus
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Aug 30, 2005, 23:00

After an off-season that has went on spurts of its own, it appears the final push is being made. Close sources to HOOPSWORLD.com has learned that moves are in motion that will finish up a large portion of the free agent market

First, the big fish left in the pond is Michael Finley. He is expected to name the Miami Heat as the winner for his services. The sides are believed to be close to a 3-year deal at the MLE which will keep Finley in South Beach, supplementing his long-term buyout plan with Dallas. Maverick's owner Mark Cuban is believed to offer accelerated the payment schedule with Finley because of his move to the Eastern Conference. The Heat would then be shooters around Shaquille O'Neal, with Finley added to Dwyane Wade, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, and James Posey. No word yet on whether the Heat will petition the NBA to play with two balls at the same time.

The move by the Heat for Finley may send Damon Jones north as he is then expected to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Cavaliers have approximately $3.7 million left under the salary cap and have been searching all summer for a shooter at point guard position to play off LeBron James. Jones is reportedly already house hunting in Cleveland, as no one else has been looking to pay him the big money he was seeking.

The aftershocks continue on to Minnesota as the Timberwolves are rumored to look to sign Gary Payton after being snubbed by Finley. The team will hope Payton can spark the same competitive fire that Sam Cassell brought two years ago, as well as give Kevin Garnett some playoff hope (which of the two is more important is debatable).

The last man affected by the domino sequence could be Earl Watson. The defensive rock from Memphis has been searching for a big money contract this summer and found no takers. Now sources say he is looking for a 3 year, $10 million dollar deal from the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers have made it known they won't take any new contracts longer than two years to maintain flexibility for a potential cap space run in summer 2007. LA has their sights set on the potential big fish in that free agent market, but are also desperately in need of a pass-first point guard that can defend

The Lakers don't appear to be done there. They have had talks with the Memphis Grizzlies about not only Watson but Lorenzen Wright, as Eric Pincus previously reported. However concerns over his demand for an extension and his recent public domestic dispute have cast a cloud over the discussions. A deal may still be reached or LA could look elsewhere, such as Darius Songaila, although he is closely linked to Chicago.

Another guard on the market with kids to feed is Latrell Sprewell. Although having recent negotiations with the Denver Nuggets (George Karl has publicly expressed the interest), the two sides don't appear close to a deal. Sprewell has in fact again showed a strong interest in the LA Lakers has been lobbying the team for a deal, although its unknown if the Lakers are interested.

With training camp about a month away, the time of waiting is passing for most teams and free agents. With the money not flowing as much as it did in recent years, players are trying to get in while there is still opportunities to be had. Also, teams are looking to solidify their lineups. Expect even more deals in the upcoming week as the NBA season approaches.

TexasAggie2005
08-30-2005, 11:20 PM
'Bout time. Just make a decision already.

It's really his loss, not ours. I'll be happy having Devin back next year. I just wonder whether Finley will think it's worth it when the Heat don't even make the Finals next year.

loveforthegame
08-30-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure I trust the article. The authors have 1 thing wrong already. Cuban was on Best Damn Sports show and he said he offered Finley the accelerated payments (which he's perfectly well within his rights to do) to go east and Finley turned it down so he could keep his options open.

And something I didn't know before I made that post is that the authors are writers for the Lakers. Not sure how they would know the situation between Finley and Miami.

I'm not sure Hoopsworld is the most trustworthy site so that's why I said take it for what it's worth.