PDA

View Full Version : Pop is soooooo creative

TheGreatYacht
12-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Manu FTW, damn no one saw that coming...

Malik Hairston
12-13-2014, 12:25 AM
Very poorly coached game, tbh..

- Benching Diaw for Bonner because of that failed inbounds play
- Keeping Belinelli on the floor to guard Nick Young for a stretch where Young scored about 12 points in a few minutes
- Leaving Green on the bench for the final play, despite the Lakers having their best defender(Johnson) guard him on the previous plays

Daniel Sedin
12-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Manu DUNK!!! WOW! Redeemed himself :tu

From the game 5 thread last year.

ElNono
12-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Can't focus on one play... Tim had the GW in regulation and it didn't happen.... I did think Pop coached poorly this game, but he had his work cut out for him without Kawhi and with Tiago and Tony on seemingly minute limits...

We're just not aggressive out there, Cojo keeps looking over his shoulder, and Bobo has been MIA for a bunch of games... we only played with attitude the last 3 minutes of the game... just can't do that.

Dre_7
12-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Very poorly coached game, tbh..

- Benching Diaw for Bonner because of that failed inbounds play
- Keeping Belinelli on the floor to guard Nick Young for a stretch where Young scored about 12 points in a few minutes
- Leaving Green on the bench for the final play, despite the Lakers having their best defender(Johnson) guard him on the previous plays

:tu

I agree with Malik Hairston 100% however I don't agree with the OP, I have no problem with Manu going for the win.

TheGreatYacht
12-13-2014, 12:31 AM

This bitch always calls out the players, and never holds the L. But when they win... "It's the system" - Bosh

TheGreatYacht
12-13-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm not mad at Manu for going for the shot... Pop just needs new tricks

Malik Hairston
12-13-2014, 12:33 AM
It's kind of annoying that he's calling out the players for this loss IMO..the coach deserves just as much blame for the terrible rotations..

Benching Boris because of a tough inbounds pass that he didn't attempt is very immature, too..

SpursFan86
12-13-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm just tired of these fucking Manu stepback jumpers at the end of quarters/games/whatever. I'm fine with Manu having the ball in his hands at the end of games. But is a fucking PnR too much to ask for? It's especially sad considering we were playing the damn Lakers. They're horribly defensively, especially in the interior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpe2EurIEdk

Like that - I'm completely fine with that play regardless of the outcome. I'd take that over some stepback Manu 3 any day of the week. If Pop really wants a 3 that bad and refuses to go into 2OT, then draw something up for Green. He's our best 3-point shooter and he's proven he can hit big shots. Not even having Green in at the end is just completely inexcusable IMO. Boris being benched for Bonner was a shitty idea too.

ElNono
12-13-2014, 12:36 AM
I'm just tired of these fucking Manu stepback jumpers at the end of quarters/games/whatever. I'm fine with Manu having the ball in his hands at the end of games. But is a fucking PnR too much to ask for? It's especially sad considering we were playing the damn Lakers. They're horribly defensively, especially in the interior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpe2EurIEdk

Like that - I'm completely fine with that play regardless of the outcome. I'd take that over some stepback Manu 3 any day of the week. If Pop really wants a 3 that bad and refuses to go into 2OT, then draw something up for Green. He's our best 3-point shooter and he's proven he can hit big shots.

Pop wanted the 3, that's what he drew up... it was a good look, didn't go in. We just played like shit for 3.5 quarters... I mean, it was embarrassing.

still.focused
12-13-2014, 12:48 AM
Im more upset with the PnR drop off to TD in a crowd that got LA the ball down 1 than this shot
LA tried to lose this one and SanAn didnt let em

TheGreatYacht
12-13-2014, 12:53 AM
"Forget the big 3, they're old as dirt. You're the Big 1"

"don't doubt me... You'll get waived 1 game before the playoffs start"

"Matty get in here"

"Players didn't show up... It was embarrassing. Lakers wanted it more"

TheGreatYacht
12-19-2014, 10:48 PM
BUMP

hater
12-19-2014, 11:04 PM