PDA

View Full Version : OT: Manny Paq better not duck Money..

rogues
12-13-2014, 11:50 PM
Money already made the suggestion to box that faggot from the Phillipines..it's up to Paq and his camp to meet Money halfway..if he pussies out it just solidifies that Paq is the biggest pussy in boxing..

Mikeanaro
12-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Lol kid, he made the suggestion but also wants 70/30 thats a chickenshitting way to say I DONT WANNA FIGHT!

AlexJones
12-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Manny shouldn't do it for anything less than 60/40

rogues
Lol kid, he made the suggestion but also wants 70/30 thats a chickenshitting way to say I DONT WANNA FIGHT!
:lol I've seen you quote me numerous times, tbh..I never knew who the fuck you were till now, you're a pretty irrelevant poster..just another Money-hating scrub..keep hating on the greatest:hat..

Monostradamus
lol why would unbeaten Money wanna go 50/50 with an over the hill guy who gets his ass beat whenever he isn't roided up?

Venti Quattro
12-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Please fight already tbh. Do it for the world. At the end of it, when you see through all of Floyd and Pac's squid tactics, both of them are just for all the money. One wants the lion's share and one wants equal footing.

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 12:08 AM
:lol I've seen you quote me numerous times, tbh..I never knew who the fuck you were till now, you're a pretty irrelevant poster..just another Money-hating scrub..keep hating on the greatest:hat..
So you just dont care about my opinions!?:lmao
Face it, not everything is about the money that fight is irrelevant now, that fight shouldŽve been awesome 5 years ago, only a dumb ignorant nigga who cant write properly in english (being american not some be@ner) like your boy Floyd will talk about money when you can make 50/50 and everybody is happy.

spurraider21
12-14-2014, 12:10 AM
it should have been a 50-50 fight when this "rivalry" was actually on. now that pacman has a couple of recent losses on his belt (even if the bradley one was BS) the fight lost its appeal, and Pacquiao would be retarded to expect anything near 50-50

rogues
12-14-2014, 12:11 AM
Please fight already tbh. Do it for the world. At the end of it, when you see through all of Floyd and Pac's squid tactics, both of them are just for all the money. One wants the lion's share and one wants equal footing.
Who would you root for my kick-ball loving cross dressing enthusiast nig?..

Venti Quattro
12-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Who would you root for my kick-ball loving cross dressing enthusiast nig?..

Pac, because although he's a rice-planting brown nigga, he ain't illiterate tbh. Rags to riches story and that shit. Also, I can't root for someone who can't read.

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 12:20 AM
So sad, my heart still remembers the days of great circus and promotions around fights but in the end they were real, Tyson fought Hollyfield in the second one there was a flying ear now we dont have a fucking shit, Hollyfield and Bowe or Lewis happened there was no ducking or lame excuses :depressed

apalisoc_9
12-14-2014, 12:55 AM
I have manny winning this fight, but I hate talking about this shit knowing 99% sure it won't happen...

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Pac-Roids is gonna duck Floyd again, tbh. He's washed up and he knows it.

Thebesteva
12-14-2014, 02:12 AM
Money already made the suggestion to box that faggot from the Phillipines..it's up to Paq and his camp to meet Money halfway..if he pussies out it just solidifies that Paq is the biggest pussy in boxing..

The fighters of Floyds generation

Pacman
Khan
Paul Williams
Bradley
Margarito
GGG (newer generation but still relevant)
Cotto

The only guy he fought on that list and beat was Cotto and he was in trouble in several rounds but prevailed. He needs to fight Pac and Khan or GGG or else retire. He's going to get KTFO soon or lose a controversial decision and most of you will run and cry just like when faggot ass Lebron lost.

baseline bum
12-14-2014, 02:31 AM
Pac-Roids is gonna duck Floyd again, tbh. He's washed up and he knows it.

Ain't that nigga broke? He should be happy as fuck to get a 30/70 split when he ain't shit no more.

unforeseen
12-14-2014, 02:38 AM
60/40 split would be fair to both parties. Rematch would have to be 75/25 for the winner.

StrengthAndHonor
12-14-2014, 07:49 AM
60/40 split would be fair to both parties. Rematch would have to be 75/25 for the winner.

I like this idea. Pacquiao is in no position to demand for an equal share. He recorded a devastating loss against JMM and had another one against Bradley. His two most recent bouts (Rios and Algieri) were a total snooze fest and his PPV numbers are declining.

Pacquiao does have good intentions in making this happen and I feel if Bob Arum wasn't in the mix, he would've fought Mayweather for the rumored $40 million deal Floyd offered him years ago.

For someone who "can't read" Mayweather is absolutely one of the smartest athlete/entrepreneur today. His condition's for this rumored fight has him covered on all angles. Even if he loses, he'll still pocket one of the biggest purse share in boxing history. And If he wins, he'll also settle the never ending debate about his status as one of the greatest in boxing history.

StrengthAndHonor
12-14-2014, 07:51 AM
If I was a betting man, I'd put it on Mayweather. 12 round decision on his favor is a no-brainer.

Koolaid_Man
12-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Even in is roided up prime...Pacman couldn't draw enough to earn anywhere near 40 million....Mayweather was more than generous when he offered 40 mill with no PPV....Manny doesn't deserve PPV money...I would give Manny's roided up cheating ass two options...1.) a 65/35 split with no PPV or a 70 / 30 split mil with 20% ppv that's it his blatantly cheating ass can take it or leave it...Arum wants some of Mayweathers money and Floyd is like fuck you you racist POS......Manny cannot even make that on his own....so he has no leg to stand on....I think it's hilarious all the white people supporting a known cheater roid user just cuz they hate Floyd...they want a great "white" hope so bad till they will abandon their principles just to see Floyd lose...hahahaha

Trill Clinton
12-14-2014, 09:03 AM
so many boxing novices in here smh. there should have never been a 50/50 split and the people saying mayweather is ducking don't know shit about the business or are just money mayweather haters who think its all his fault for holding the fight up.

why should it be a 50/50 split when mayweather is the reason the fight will make the money? nobody buys pacquaio's ppv's. nobody wants to see him struggle with the likes of peanut head bradley or fight marquez for 6 times. dude is washed and broke. he was loyal to his crooked ass promoter bob arum and it came back to bite him in the ass. now he's begging floyd for the fight so he can savage his bank account, sad.

anyways, paul malignaggi sums it up perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi3SYuffeHc

and the same geeks complaining about the fight taking too long to happen and saying its too late will be the same dummies buying this fight or going to a fight party to watch it, word.

Koolaid_Man
12-14-2014, 09:04 AM
^ Exactly

Trill Clinton
12-14-2014, 09:15 AM
who's the pawg in ya avi fam?

Koolaid_Man
12-14-2014, 09:17 AM
who's the pawg in ya avi fam?

this one is a pic I stole offline.....but I may post another from my personal collection soon....what's funny to me is these white boys hoping against hope that I'm a liar....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....

Koolaid_Man
12-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Trill I fucked these two white bitches not long ago man shit was EPIC...I hadn't done two at the same time in a while....

Trill Clinton
12-14-2014, 09:26 AM
make you you stay strapped up fam.

Big Empty
12-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Floyd will talk a good game but will throw a low ball number to pacman to dodge him again. This may be the richest fight in history. Understood it shouldnt be 50/50 but offering less than 40mm for a potential 200m fight is a low ball. Theres a reason mayweather keeps talking about wanting a "level" playing field, wants to low ball manny and wants a rematch clause. Hes intimidated by mannys speed and power. He presenta the greatest threat to mayweather. That nigguh still think manny on steroids lmao

unleashbaynes
12-14-2014, 10:14 AM
lol why would unbeaten Money wanna go 50/50 with an over the hill guy who gets his ass beat whenever he isn't roided up?

i think the better question is why would anyone still be watching this rigged, corrupt piece of shit 'sport'?

Blizzardwizard
12-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Mayweather will dodge again, too scared to fight MVPac tbh.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 10:42 AM

Pacroid and his faggot jewish promoter have been running their mouths, but as soon as Floyd agrees to a fight... here is how they respond.

nYOCc62LTLo

RsxPiimp
12-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Mayweather is going to find creative ways to duck Pacman period. This is the same dude who publicly admits he hand picks his opponents. :lol He knows Manny is ruthless. His style of defensive boxing ain't gonna work against Pacman. He knows Manny is the biggest threat and there's absolutely no way he can recover from losing in a legacy fight like this. I bet the pressure right now is killing him knowing what's at stake and this ain't gonna be one of his cherry picked fights. :lol

"I may be a coward but guess what... im a rich coward"

-Mayweather

That says it all :lol

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Mayweather is going to find creative ways to duck Pacman period. This is the same dude who publicly admits he hand picks his opponents. :lol He knows Manny is ruthless. His style of defensive boxing ain't gonna work against Pacman. He knows Manny is the biggest threat and there's absolutely no way he can recover from losing in a legacy fight like this. I bet the pressure right now is killing him knowing what's at stake and this ain't gonna be one of his cherry picked fights. :lol

"I may be a coward but guess what... im a rich coward"

-Mayweather

That says it all :lol

"I'm scared of needles"

- Pacroid

BjyE0JnqxSI

RsxPiimp
12-14-2014, 11:05 AM
"I'm scared of needles"

- Pacroid

BjyE0JnqxSI

To be honest with you though, Manny is Arum's puppet. He's a fish vendor who received a high school diploma at the age of 28 :lol Manny is super submissive, and everything he says pre and post fights are from Arum's PR team.

All that aside, they both now have "zero" excuse to make this happen.

One thing I like about Mayweather though is he does look out for Pacquiao on a business sense. And people seem to criticize him or downplay his undefeated record for no reason.

baseline bum
12-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Floyd will talk a good game but will throw a low ball number to pacman to dodge him again. This may be the richest fight in history. Understood it shouldnt be 50/50 but offering less than 40mm for a potential 200m fight is a low ball. Theres a reason mayweather keeps talking about wanting a "level" playing field, wants to low ball manny and wants a rematch clause. Hes intimidated by mannys speed and power. He presenta the greatest threat to mayweather. That nigguh still think manny on steroids lmao

Manny's speed and power? :lmao

Fuck is this, 2009?

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:15 AM
To be honest with you though, Manny is Arum's puppet. He's a fish vendor who received a high school diploma at the age of 28 :lol Manny is super submissive, and everything he says pre and post fights are from Arum's PR team.

One thing I like about Mayweather though is he does look out for Pacquiao on a business sense. And people seem to criticize him or downplay his undefeated record for no reason.

The fight will never happen unless Arum agrees to Floyd's terms... and that will never happen. That jew is a smart business man, but Floyd has all the leverage at the negotiating table. If Manny had the balls to set his promoter aside the fight would have already happened, but he and his camp are afraid to be at odds with Arum. Arum has Manny by the balls and he doesn't need Floyd to make money. The fans are just going to have to miss out on this one cause it ain't happening.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 11:16 AM

Ugh... such vanilla, shitty takes. Manny has been ducking the whole time, you're just blinded by how the media is on his nuts while hating on Floyd.

Manny's roided-up ass should be thanking Floyd for keeping him relevant, because his career was otherwise over when he got KTFO by an illegal immigrant.

Daniel Sedin
12-14-2014, 11:23 AM
May weather better win this. If he loses facing PAC out of his prime it will be a huge stain

Kidd K
12-14-2014, 11:24 AM
lolwut? Manny wouldn't be "pussing out" by not agreeing to give that greedy fuck 70%. Dude just wants a fair share. Mayweather's the one who's been using that as an excuse not to fight, you can't turn it around the other way and act like it's Pacquiao who's ducking.

This would literally be the same thing as some fag saying he'll only fight someone if he gives him his car then saying he's a pussy for not giving him his car. Dumb as fuck and just another way to puss out with an excuse.

Daniel Sedin
12-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Also Mayweather is a countr puncher with no KO power, PAC is very aggressive. Mosley rocked Mayweather. Good chance this could be his first loss

RsxPiimp
12-14-2014, 11:29 AM
The fight will never happen unless Arum agrees to Floyd's terms... and that will never happen. That jew is a smart business man, but Floyd has all the leverage at the negotiating table. If Manny had the balls to set his promoter aside the fight would have already happened, but he and his camp are afraid to be at odds with Arum. Arum has Manny by the balls and he doesn't need Floyd to make money. The fans are just going to have to miss out on this one cause it ain't happening.

Troof.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 11:32 AM
lolwut? Manny wouldn't be "pussing out" by not agreeing to give that greedy fuck 70%. Dude just wants a fair share.
That IS a fair share for Manny. Floyd is the only reason why anyone's watching that fight. Floyd is the only relevant boxer in that fight. Manny is washed, was overrated to begin with, and brings zero interest outside of Floyd. Floyd is the sole reason why this fight would make money, so he deserves the bigger share, period.

This would literally be the same thing as some fag saying he'll only fight someone if he gives him his car then saying he's a pussy for not giving him his car. Dumb as fuck and just another way to puss out with an excuse.
Terrible analogy, SMH.

Why are Floyd's haters all such faggots?

Koolaid_Man
12-14-2014, 11:34 AM
lolwut? Manny wouldn't be "pussing out" by not agreeing to give that greedy fuck 70%. Dude just wants a fair share. Mayweather's the one who's been using that as an excuse not to fight, you can't turn it around the other way and act like it's Pacquiao who's ducking.

Lol@ a fair share. ..you stupid fucking moron. ..a fair share is what he can draw on his own....Pacroids can't even draw what Floyd previously offered which was 40 million. Pacroids ain't worth more than that. ..Mayweather shouldn't do shit for him or Arum....Arum the one fuckin Manny not Floyd....

White people just wanna see the nigga lose...steroids be dam....lol

Daniel Sedin
12-14-2014, 11:38 AM
That IS a fair share for Manny. Floyd is the only reason why anyone's watching that fight. Floyd is the only relevant boxer in that fight. Manny is washed, was overrated to begin with, and brings zero interest outside of Floyd. Floyd is the sole reason why this fight would make money, so he deserves the bigger share, period.

Terrible analogy, SMH.

Let me guess, you think FMJ is superior to sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Tyson, Klit bros, Lewis etc

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Let me guess, you think FMJ is superior to sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Tyson, Klit bros, Lewis etc
Let me guess, you think Cum Newton is better than Joe Montana and that LeBron is the new T-Mac.

Daniel Sedin
12-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Let me guess, you think Cum Newton is better than Joe Montana and that LeBron is the new T-Mac.

No im a steelers fan retard

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 12:16 PM
No im a steelers fan retard

You are Frizzle - everyone on this site knows it.

Daniel Sedin
12-14-2014, 12:41 PM
No. Henrik and I are different people, and are not Carolina fans.

Henrik Sedin
12-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Don't bother, Daniel.

just playing into their game. Too bad the Swedish takeover is inevitable

King Emmanuel
12-14-2014, 01:00 PM
man mayrunner needs to stop ducking PACMAN!!!!

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-14-2014, 01:01 PM
You guys are seriously still on this shit? You guys need to get a damn life. I don't have a damn alt

King Emmanuel
12-14-2014, 01:12 PM
You guys are seriously still on this shit? You guys need to get a damn life. I don't have a damn alt

man its so funny to see you and your two alts conveniently showing up when its needed

UZER
12-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Spread the wealth according to the man in the office. Why y'all letting this nig May be so greedy?

ImDaNuts
12-14-2014, 04:03 PM
5Dimes already has a line out on this fight. Mayweather -365. Floyds a tactical nightmare for Pacquiao. Pacquiao would have to hit Floyd in the early rounds but Floyd likely wins 9 rounds.

Killakobe81
12-14-2014, 05:08 PM

Pacman
Khan
Paul Williams
Bradley
Margarito
Cotto

The only guy he fought on that list and beat was Cotto and he was in trouble in several rounds but prevailed. He needs to fight Pac and Khan or GGG or else retire. He's going to get KTFO soon or lose a controversial decision and most of you will run and cry just like when faggot ass Lebron lost.

LOl, Khan ...
LOL, Bradley ...
LOL, williams

Those 3 would have even less of a chance vs. PBF than Pacman

ImDaNuts
12-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Glass Jaw Khan is a joke. Don't bring him into this thread.

Trill Clinton
12-14-2014, 05:27 PM
i actually like bradley. i think he's very underrated.

but the fight i'm looking forward to is canelo vs cotto:ihit

Thebesteva
12-14-2014, 05:31 PM

He is underrated. Dude is a mini Holyfield

Thebesteva
12-14-2014, 05:32 PM

No wonder that faggot is following me around on threads bashing me. I was wondering whose faggot ass ALT it is

Thebesteva
12-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Trill I fucked these two white bitches not long ago man shit was EPIC...I hadn't done two at the same time in a while....

:lol This guy is such a fucking wreck

Koolaid_Man
12-14-2014, 05:40 PM
:lol This guy is such a fucking wreck

Wrecking ball...i want to pm you one of my sex tapes...is it ok? I need consent so you wont run to Kori with some lying ass bullshit...show your trailer park ass how i do it to these white Ho's

BatManu20
12-14-2014, 05:44 PM
5 years ago, I would've loved to see this fight. It'll still lure and make a ton of money, but won't have the same luster imo.

weebo
12-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Floyd will sign up to fight Pac-roid the day after he decides he is going to retire, just so he can milk one more big pay day outta you suckers.

See, Floyd is a businessman first and a boxer second. He knows the only good thing he has going for him is his undefeated record. So, he'll keep fighting scrubs and you guys will keep dishing the money to watch him fight. Once he sees the end of the line, he'll fight Pac-roid for something around 60/40 and call it a career. Genius move if you ask me.

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 06:24 PM
Floyd will sign up to fight Pac-roid the day after he decides he is going to retire, just so he can milk one more big pay day outta you suckers.

See, Floyd is a businessman first and a boxer second. He knows the only good thing he has going for him is his undefeated record. So, he'll keep fighting scrubs and you guys will keep dishing the money to watch him fight. Once he sees the end of the line, he'll fight Pac-roid for something around 60/40 and call it a career. Genius move if you ask me.
Businessman who cant read... genius...
Just a dumb nigga, anyway Monkey wont fight Pacquiao until he is sure refs will assist him and Pac should not move a lot (he needs to know beforehand the fight is for him), like that end of round in the second bout vs Maidana, Maidana gave one solid punch and Monkey almost fell to the floor but the fight was fixed. Monkey stopped the fight twice, some biting bullshit and almost KOŽed in other round.
Maidana is only 31 and full of cash and Floyd can brag about his dumb record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1LZX5UkPfM

jimbo
12-14-2014, 06:45 PM

Pacman
Khan
Paul Williams
Bradley
Margarito
Cotto

Overall, terrible list. With the GGG retardation on this post, I'm surprised you didn't put Winky Wright on there given that that was a more legitimate "duck" than anyone else on there.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-14-2014, 06:50 PM
No wonder that faggot is following me around on threads bashing me. I was wondering whose faggot ass ALT it is

Damn, you jumped on the de-ta-dee bandwagon.

jimbo
12-14-2014, 06:52 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Pacquiao was legit retarded. He has to have a dude with fuckin Parkinsons do his trash talking for him. :lol

LOl, Khan ...
LOL, Bradley ...
LOL, williams

Those 3 would have even less of a chance vs. PBF than Pacman

At least Khan and Williams offer something different than most of Floyd's usual opponents. But Khan's lack of D would have got him exposed at some point during the fight & Williams wasn't worth going outside his usual weight class to fight. He's not DLH or Cotto.

Bradley is just stupid to put on that list. He does nothing better than Floyd.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I just think it's fucking hilarious that someone could be 40+ and 0 and no one even considers him a top 10 fighter of all-time. As in, not even knocking on the doorstep of top 10. Says all you need to know about "Money". :lol

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Mayrunner is not going to fight him,,,he'll have outrageous stipulations that he knows wont let the fight happen. We've all seen this movie before,,,

ImDaNuts
12-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I just think it's fucking hilarious that someone could be 40+ and 0 and no one even considers him a top 10 fighter of all-time. As in, not even knocking on the doorstep of top 10. Says all you need to know about "Money". :lol

Speak for yourself :lol

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Speak for yourself :lol

You mean you don't find that interesting that someone's 4x-0 and isn't considered a top fighter? Speaks a lot about the kind of fights he takes.

Thebesteva
12-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Overall, terrible list. With the GGG retardation on this post, I'm surprised you didn't put Winky Wright on there given that that was a more legitimate "duck" than anyone else on there.

The list is retarded because it's a weak era you stupid fuck. Then who are the fighters of his generation? I'm not counting Diego Corrales or Jose Luis Castillo in that.

spurraider21
12-14-2014, 07:49 PM

I like Canelo, but he wasn't ready for Floyd at all

100%duncan
12-14-2014, 07:53 PM
5 years too late

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 07:55 PM

I got him at the top. Of course everyone's sentimental favorite is Ali, but Ali was nothing more than a Ray Robinson and Gorgeous George knock off. Floyd is dominating 3 eras of boxing... its never been done before. He makes HOF'ers look like chumps... see the Marquez fight. Can he be beat... yes, but so did Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Hagler, Tyson, and all the other greats out there.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 07:56 PM
5 years too late

Shut up, you Hispanic gook. Both fighters are still the most dominant fighters in the game today.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 08:20 PM
I got him at the top. Of course everyone's sentimental favorite is Ali, but Ali was nothing more than a Ray Robinson and Gorgeous George knock off. Floyd is dominating 3 eras of boxing... its never been done before. He makes HOF'ers look like chumps... see the Marquez fight. Can he be beat... yes, but so did Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Hagler, Tyson, and all the other greats out there.

Fucking terrible. He isn't even in the conversation. No one who knows/cares about the sweet science would even read your comment. Go back to watching Naruto. Also, Tyson in his prime was not going to be stopped by any man on the planet. That's a fact. Mayweather points terrible fighters, meanwhile Tyson was leveling dudes in round 1 like they weren't even pros.

jimbo
12-14-2014, 08:25 PM
The list is retarded because it's a weak era you stupid fuck. Then who are the fighters of his generation? I'm not counting Diego Corrales or Jose Luis Castillo in that.

Well that, and it's a bad list.

and "I'm not going to count fighters when Floyd was in his prime." Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Floyd's ATG status was achieved before welterweight and then you went on to list only what, 2-3 sub 147 guys on your list? (that didn't exist while he fought regularly below 147)

You ask nicely and I'll put together a list that doesn't include fucking :lol GGG :lol

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 08:29 PM
You mean you don't find that interesting that someone's 4x-0 and isn't considered a top fighter? Speaks a lot about the kind of fights he takes.

Who doesn't consider him a top fighter, other than his haters?

ImDaNuts
12-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Fucking terrible. He isn't even in the conversation. No one who knows/cares about the sweet science would even read your comment. Go back to watching Naruto. Also, Tyson in his prime was not going to be stopped by any man on the planet. That's a fact. Mayweather points terrible fighters, meanwhile Tyson was leveling dudes in round 1 like they weren't even pros.

Tyson fought cab drivers. He's also a different breed. Can't compare him and Mayweather. Mayweather is a defensive specialist. He makes great fighters look stupid. Just like what he'll do vs Pacquiao.

james evans
12-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Manny shouldn't do it for anything less than 60/40
well floyd is the draw. For years noone had a problem with De la Hoya making almost $40 million to Hopkins $10 when Hopkins was the undisputed mw champ. Noone had problems with Tyson making 30 million to Bruce Seldon's $5 million in 96 when they fought for Seldon's wba belt, but now since floyd is the draw and champ, it should be a split haha.

james evans
12-14-2014, 08:43 PM
Tyson fought cab drivers. He's also a different breed. Can't compare him and Mayweather. Mayweather is a defensive specialist. He makes great fighters look stupid. Just like what he'll do vs Pacquiao.
cab drivers? Holmes in 87 was a cab driver? The same Holmes 4 years later took holyfield the distance? Tony Tucker was undefeated and a champion and went the distance with Lennox Lewis years later. Tyson destroyed Ruddock's career through 19 rounds and he was never the same after that . Spinks was older, but he had never been knocked down or out and let's not forget more than a few people were picking spinks in 88(i didn't). Tyson was a defensive specialist. He not only made you miss, but he made you pay. Tyson wasn't just some club fighter like Gatti. You can't be serious. He was one of the best defensive hws of all time.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 08:45 PM

No he won't. He won't touch Pac. Just like pac won't touch him. Because they won't fight.

12-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Businessman who cant read... genius...
Just a dumb nigga, anyway Monkey wont fight Pacquiao until he is sure refs will assist him and Pac should not move a lot (he needs to know beforehand the fight is for him), like that end of round in the second bout vs Maidana, Maidana gave one solid punch and Monkey almost fell to the floor but the fight was fixed. Monkey stopped the fight twice, some biting bullshit and almost KOŽed in other round.
Maidana is only 31 and full of cash and Floyd can brag about his dumb record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1LZX5UkPfMThat was so BS when they kept stopping the fight for Mayweather

james evans
12-14-2014, 08:51 PM
I think floyd receives a lot of unfair criticism, but he isn't top 10 all time. Boxing has 18 weight classes(10 back in the day) and I can name 10 fighters all time better than floyd. It's not all about the records. If that's the case, then where do you rank Sven Ottke and Joe Calzagge? Competition also plays a part. I'm unbiased when talking about floyd. I'll defend him and at the same time criticize him for his bullshit. I don't want to see him fight Khan at all. Bullshit fight. Leonard, Ali, Robinson, Hopkins, Duran, Chavez, Armstrong, Greb, are a few undeniable fighters that are better than floyd. For starters, floyd has never unified or cleaned out a division. I've seen him take risks with Corrales and Castillo, but I can never see him doing what Sugar Ray did in taking on those types of challenges. I don't see it.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 08:53 PM
I think floyd receives a lot of unfair criticism, but he isn't top 10 all time. Boxing has 18 weight classes(10 back in the day) and I can name 10 fighters all time better than floyd. It's not all about the records. If that's the case, then where do you rank Sven Ottke and Joe Calzagge? Competition also plays a part. I'm unbiased when talking about floyd. I'll defend him and at the same time criticize him for his bullshit. I don't want to see him fight Khan at all. Bullshit fight. Leonard, Ali, Robinson, Hopkins, Duran, Chavez, Armstrong, Greb, are a few undeniable fighters that are better than floyd. For starters, floyd has never unified or cleaned out a division. I've seen him take risks with Corrales and Castillo, but I can never see him doing what Sugar Ray did in taking on those types of challenges. I don't see it.

If Floyd was really interesting in being considered one of the best, he would have fought Manny for less money. Period. End of story. He would rather make more money than solidify his status as a boxer. Which is fine. No problem with that. But it is a mark on his legacy.

james evans
12-14-2014, 08:53 PM
That was so BS when they kept stopping the fight for Mayweather
Maindana was not gonna win that fight. He is a brawler. I was upset the fight was even made, but i gave him 5 rounds in the first fight. He was never gonna win the fight

james evans
12-14-2014, 08:57 PM
If Floyd was really interesting in being considered one of the best, he would have fought Manny for less money. Period. End of story. He would rather make more money than solidify his status as a boxer. Which is fine. No problem with that. But it is a mark on his legacy.
Why should he fight for less money? I love Tim Duncan, not a kobe fan at all, but i aint mad at kobe for kobe for breaking the bank in LA. It's about legacy but about cash as well. If Hagler had chose to take less money, he would have beat the shit out of leonard, but he chose to take more money and gave lenoard the size of gloves, size of ring, and 12 rounds instead of 15. Look what happened to him. It's easy for us to sit here and tell millionaires they should forfeit 15-20 million to make us happy :lol .

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 09:11 PM
That was so BS when they kept stopping the fight for Mayweather
Nobody wants Floyd to die because boxing is not a sport anymore, is all about entertaining, even some dumb fans says Gay deserves 70/30 because he never lost a fight, he will never make the same amount of $ a Gay-Pac fight can bring even at 50/50 Gay will earn more than running away from second hand latinos so he needs Pacquiao, but if that fight really happens it will be fixed, there is enough money for everybody.

Kidd K
12-14-2014, 09:24 PM

Terrible analogy, SMH.

I'm no a "Floyd hater" because I can clearly see when someone's being a pussy and backing down from a fight then playing it off with excuses. I don't even like Pacquiao either. I also didn't say Mayweather didn't deserve a larger share. I said 70% was an absurdly high share. And no he does not deserve 2 1/3rd times as much.

So you swung and missed by labeling me a "Floyd hater" when I couldn't give a shit less about either guy, then "replied" to a strawman stance I never made. Awful reply all around.

This shit between the two boxers is annoying as fuck. They need to fight already or stop shitting up the media with this garbage. I literally wouldn't even watch the fight if it happened now unless it was free.

100%duncan
12-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Shut up, you Hispanic gook. Both fighters are still the most dominant fighters in the game today.

lol naruto

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 09:44 PM
No he won't. He won't touch Pac. Just like pac won't touch him. Because they won't fight.
And they won't fight because Pac-Roids is a washed-up pussy who's been done for ages. It's amazing the shit he's been allowed to pull. He managed to duck Floyd for his entire prime and have everyone blame Floyd for it.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Mayrunner only likes to beat on women,,,its why he ducks the Pacman. He's like A.P. beating his 4 year old,,,,he wants to act tough against the weak.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Mayrunner only likes to beat on women...he wants to act tough against the weak.

If that's the case, then he's definitely not scared of Pac-Roids' weak, feminine ass.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 09:57 PM
If that's the case, then he's definitely not scared of Pac-Roids' weak, feminine ass.

Obviously he is when he makes ridiculous demands,,,just fight the guy already. Pacman has already said he's in.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Obviously he is when he makes ridiculous demands,,,just fight the guy already. Pacman has already said he's in.

He's not making ridiculous demands, he's asking for a share comparable to the amount of money, interest and viewership he's bringing in to the fight.

Pac-Roids has been flip-flopping on the drug testing issue all along to duck Floyd. Now he will probably start making excuses about the money. The reality is that Pac-Roids will never allow the fight to happen because he's a washed-up pussy and he's protected by the media.

bulakenyo
12-14-2014, 10:06 PM
just to chime in..

I'm from the Philippines, and I've followed Pacquiao's career since 1996.

The people saying he's broke and is begging for this fight simply isnt true.

He and his family has been financially set for 2 lifetimes, living in the Philippines since the 3rd Morales fight. Maybe even before that. Not joking here.

40,000 US dollars a year (not a lot for US standards), living in the Philippines is way more than enough to live decently. That's something like 1.7 million pesos.

That's like a 5000 pesos a day budget. And the daily minimum wage is around 500 pesos.

He's got contracts with the Philippines biggest food and beverage corporation, has businesses and property everywhere, so even if he does have tax issues in the US and in the Philippines, even if he pays up millions, and worst case scenario he only gets to keep a million dollars of his fight earnings (highly unlikely, because Bob Arum has probably taught him how to keep the money in Manny's offshore bank accounts) he'll still be able to live like a rich man in the Philippines.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 10:09 PM
He's not making ridiculous demands, he's asking for a share comparable to the amount of money, interest and viewership he's bringing in to the fight.

Pac-Roids has been flip-flopping on the drug testing issue all along to duck Floyd. Now he will probably start making excuses about the money. The reality is that Pac-Roids will never allow the fight to happen because he's a washed-up pussy and he's protected by the media.

Mayrunner is making all the stipulations to avoid the fight. Pacman should demand a lie detector test about how many women Mayrunner has beat on.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Mayrunner is making all the stipulations to avoid the fight. Pacman should demand a lie detector test about how many women Mayrunner has beat on.

Why can't Pac-Roids just decide on whether or not he's willing to take a drug test, instead of flip-flopping to the opposite of Floyd's opinion on it whenever it's convenient?

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Why should he fight for less money? I love Tim Duncan, not a kobe fan at all, but i aint mad at kobe for kobe for breaking the bank in LA. It's about legacy but about cash as well. If Hagler had chose to take less money, he would have beat the shit out of leonard, but he chose to take more money and gave lenoard the size of gloves, size of ring, and 12 rounds instead of 15. Look what happened to him. It's easy for us to sit here and tell millionaires they should forfeit 15-20 million to make us happy :lol .

I'm not begrudging Mayweather his right to take more money, just like I'm not saying Kobe shouldn't have signed for 48.

The rub is when you start talking about wanting to be "the greatest". If you WANT to be in that conversation, then your own personal finances, at some point, have to take a back seat to legacy.

You want to be considered "the GOAT"? You want to even be in the CONVERSATION? Then your entire career can't be motivated by money first and foremost.

There's a reason the UFC has taken over as the combat sport. Because they don't allow fighters to not fight each other. If Manny and Floyd were in the UFC, that fight would have happened 8 years ago and we'd probably be on Floyd/Manny IV by now.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Why can't Pac-Roids just decide on whether or not he's willing to take a drug test, instead of flip-flopping to the opposite of Floyd's opinion on it whenever it's convenient?

Why should he have to take a drug test? How about a drug test for Pac and a lie detector for Mayrunner,,,I bet Mayrunner folds and runs away again.

RsxPiimp
12-14-2014, 10:17 PM

The amount of respect Floyd gets from boxers is unreal. Sugar Ray Leonard himself said, he doesn't think he can knock/beat floyd out.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Why should he have to take a drug test? How about a drug test for Pac and a lie detector for Mayrunner,,,I bet Mayrunner folds and runs away again.

If Pac-Roids isn't juicing, then what's the problem with taking a test?

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 10:30 PM
You want to be considered "the GOAT"? You want to even be in the CONVERSATION?

47-0... pretty sure he's firmly in the conversation.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 10:35 PM
If Pac-Roids isn't juicing, then what's the problem with taking a test?

If Mayrunner isnt hitting women then whats the problem with taking a lie dectector?,,,and its why Pacman should make the same demands Mayrunner is but he wont,,,Pacman wants to fight,,,Mayrunner doesn't.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 10:37 PM

I've already proven I'm the greatest mind on basketball on this site. I'm most likely the greatest mind in boxing this world has known. You're comment is beyond idiotic so I won't take much time dismantling it. Tyson in his prime, before his prime, or after his prime never beat one HOF fighter... unless you consider an old and washed up Spinks and Holmes much competition. Tyson was knocked out anytime he stepped up to face stiff competition. I could easily name 20 or so Heavyweights that could kick Tyson's ass during his prime.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
If Mayrunner isnt hitting women then whats the problem with taking a lie dectector?,,,and its why Pacman should make the same demands Mayrunner is but he wont,,,Pacman wants to fight,,,Mayrunner doesn't.

Pac-Roids' washed-up ass would get rightfully laughed out of the room if he ever asked for a 70% share. Floyd (and Pac-Roids' repeated ducking of him) is literally the only thing keeping him relevant.

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
The amount of respect Floyd gets from boxers is unreal. Sugar Ray Leonard himself said, he doesn't think he can knock/beat floyd out.
Nobody can and nobody will, not in a boxing ring how can you punch him if he is running away and hiding behind the ref all fight? saying you bite him you blabla he never beats the shit out his opponents, last KO was 10 years ago, he is not 50, he should fight B Hop 10 years ago Lol and see what happens, gave a chance to a washed up fixed De La Hoya so why not?
Champions beat the soul out their foes, that gay style is for little kids who dont know shit about boxing because this is the worst era ever, kids who thinks One Direction is a rock band and Justin Bieber a musician.
From the 30s and 90s you just could not be running around circles from your opponent, refs will make you fight or get disqualified for being a pussy.
Sugar Ray, Hearns Hagler Monzon would kill him with real boxing rules or in the streets but if they say something good about this phony well they are broke, boxers are simians for business, remember when Tyson was all cocky about his fortune his mansions, his whores and gold? Iron Mike?

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 10:39 PM
I've already proven I'm the greatest mind on basketball on this site. I'm most likely the greatest mind in boxing this world has known. You're comment is beyond idiotic so I won't take much time dismantling it. Tyson in his prime, before his prime, or after his prime never beat one HOF fighter... unless you consider an old and washed up Spinks and Holmes much competition. Tyson was knocked out anytime he stepped up to face stiff competition. I could easily name 20 or so Heavyweights that could kick Tyson's ass during his prime.

Name the 20,,,,

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Pac-Roids' washed-up ass would get rightfully laughed out of the room if he ever asked for a 70% share. Floyd (and Pac-Roids' repeated ducking of him) is literally the only thing keeping him relevant.

And there you have it,,,,Mayrunner wanting a majority of the score knowing Pacman wont go for it,,,wanting drug tests,,this and that,,Mayrunner doesn't want to fight the guy. Face it.

Clipper Nation
12-14-2014, 10:47 PM
And there you have it,,,,Mayrunner wanting a majority of the score knowing Pacman wont go for it,,,wanting drug tests,,this and that,,Mayrunner doesn't want to fight the guy. Face it.

Floyd deserves the majority share because he's the only reason anyone would even watch the fight. Pac-Roids knows full well that continuing to duck Floyd keeps him in the headlines, whereas he'd otherwise be completely irrelevant ever since Marquez knocked him the fuck out. He knows he can get away with ducking Floyd because the media hates Floyd and will blame it all on him no matter what. Bottom line: Pac-Roids is perfectly content with never fighting Floyd and letting Floyd take all the heat for it. He's one of the biggest and most overrated pussies in sports, as far as I'm concerned.

RsxPiimp
Nobody can and nobody will, not in a boxing ring how can you punch him if he is running away and hiding behind the ref all fight? saying you bite him you blabla he never beats the shit out his opponents, last KO was 10 years ago, he is not 50, he should fight B Hop 10 years ago Lol and see what happens, gave a chance to a washed up fixed De La Hoya so why not?
Champions beat the soul out their foes, that gay style is for little kids who dont know shit about boxing because this is the worst era ever, kids who thinks One Direction is a rock band and Justin Bieber a musician.
From the 30s and 90s you just could not be running around circles from your opponent, refs will make you fight or get disqualified for being a pussy.
Sugar Ray, Hearns Hagler Monzon would kill him with real boxing rules or in the streets but if they say something good about this phony well they are broke, boxers are simians for business, remember when Tyson was all cocky about his fortune his mansions, his whores and gold? Iron Mike?

I despise Floyd tbh, his style bores the shit out of me(out-boxer), but his boxing style is a form of art. I think it's all preference at this point, I prefer sluggers and boxer punchers (PAC, Sugar Ray, Prime DelaHoya,Hagler)

bulakenyo

I'm not the biggest fan of Mayweather but to say FMJ is not a real boxer is not fair to him.

I remember an old sports commentator say that Floyd is a at the core is a pure boxer, hit and not get hit. while Pacquiao is at the core an all action prizefighter. Both are boxing, both has it's pros and cons, and it depends which style you like better.

Personally, I like FMJ's technique and fundamentals, and enjoy it like I'm enjoying watching an art film, while MP's fight I enjoy with more excitement, like I'm enjoying watching a summer action movie.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 10:54 PM
I despise Floyd tbh, his style bores the shit out of me(out-boxer), but his boxing style is a form of art. I think it's all preference at this point, I prefer sluggers and boxer punchers (PAC, Sugar Ray, Prime DelaHoya,Hagler)

Hagler is one of my favorites,,,,top 5 actually. Dude is wayyy underrated. Marvelous Marvin is the man.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm not begrudging Mayweather his right to take more money, just like I'm not saying Kobe shouldn't have signed for 48.

The rub is when you start talking about wanting to be "the greatest". If you WANT to be in that conversation, then your own personal finances, at some point, have to take a back seat to legacy.

You want to be considered "the GOAT"? You want to even be in the CONVERSATION? Then your entire career can't be motivated by money first and foremost.

There's a reason the UFC has taken over as the combat sport. Because they don't allow fighters to not fight each other. If Manny and Floyd were in the UFC, that fight would have happened 8 years ago and we'd probably be on Floyd/Manny IV by now.

Dude... the UFC is a joke... what the fuck are you talking about. UFC 174 sold 95k PPV, while Floyd's last fight sold 900,000k PPV. Every great fighter always demanded and controlled the terms of the deal. There's an A side and a B side. The A side sets the terms... how much money is paid, the gloves size, the ring size, and so forth. The B side just shows up to take the crown from the A side so he can wear the crown. These negotiations go back to the beginning of boxing. Also, there are plenty of fights the UFC failed to make. Silva flat out refused to fight Lyota. Stop talking out of your ass.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Hagler is one of my favorites,,,,top 5 actually. Dude is wayyy underrated. Marvelous Marvin is the man.

I like Hagler, but he let a washed up Leonard who had been retired for 6 years kick his ass. I could name 10 middleweights that would have done the same thing to Hagler.

bulakenyo
12-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Dude... the UFC is a joke... what the fuck are you talking about. UFC 174 sold 95k PPV, while Floyd's last fight sold 900,000k PPV. Every great fighter always demanded and controlled the terms of the deal. There's an A side and a B side. The A side sets the terms... how much money is paid, the gloves size, the ring size, and so forth. The B side just shows up to take the crown from the A side so he can wear the crown. These negotiations go back to the beginning of boxing. Also, there are plenty of fights the UFC failed to make. Silva flat out refused to fight Lyota. Stop talking out of your ass.

US PPVs might not be the best measure of MMa's success.

It's pretty big overseas, honestly it's right up there with pro boxing. Maybe even kinda more popular in some parts.

They show all fight cards, even PPVs for free in asia, and it's getting more and more popular.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 11:07 PM
I like Hagler, but he let a washed up Leonard who had been retired for 6 years kick his ass. I could name 10 middleweights that would have done the same thing to Hagler.

Hagler ruled the better part of the 80's, He holds the best knockout percentage in middle weight history to this day,,,,dude was the boss.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Hagler ruled the better part of the 80's, He holds the best knockout percentage in middle weight history to this day,,,,dude was the boss.

My second favorite fighter behind Ali, but Leonard came up a division to expose him and beat him easily. I hated then... I hate it now, but it happened.

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of Mayweather but to say FMJ is not a real boxer is not fair to him.

I remember an old sports commentator say that Floyd is a at the core is a pure boxer, hit and not get hit. while Pacquiao is at the core an all action prizefighter. Both are boxing, both has it's pros and cons, and it depends which style you like better.

Personally, I like FMJ's technique and fundamentals, and enjoy it like I'm enjoying watching an art film, while MP's fight I enjoy with more excitement, like I'm enjoying watching a summer action movie.
Im all about summer actions movies.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 11:13 PM
My second favorite fighter behind Ali, but Leonard came up a division to expose him and beat him easily. I hated then... I hate it now, but it happened.

I agree,,,I didn't like Leonard,,,still don't but man was he quick. He would throw 10 punches before you could blink,

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:14 PM
US PPVs might not be the best measure of MMa's success.

It's pretty big overseas, honestly it's right up there with pro boxing. Maybe even kinda more popular in some parts.

They show all fight cards, even PPVs for free in asia, and it's getting more and more popular.

What are you talking about? The biggest league in MMA is UFC... and fighters are fleeing it for other options. No one is shelling out dollars to watch this shit. You could take the top fighters in MMA and put them all on one card and they wouldn't out-sell a Mayweather PPF fight. Its fact.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 11:18 PM
I remember watching these fights on the Wide World of Sports when TV only had 3 stations and Cosell doing the commentary,,,,no pay per view,,,no remote control,,,,

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:20 PM
I agree,,,I didn't like Leonard,,,still don't but man was he quick. He would throw 10 punches before you could blink,

Of all fighters I hate that slick headed motherfucker the most. What an arrogant little prick his was and still is.

NKcIMjktBrU

bulakenyo
12-14-2014, 11:21 PM
What are you talking about? The biggest league in MMA is UFC... and fighters are fleeing it for other options. No one is shelling out dollars to watch this shit. You could take the top fighters in MMA and put them all on one card and they wouldn't out-sell a Mayweather PPF fight. Its fact.

You have to be here in asia to understand. More and more Boxing gyms are getting MMA lessons available, and it seems enrolling in MMA is more popular now than the boxing lessons.

People here get excited for maybe 3 big time boxing PPVs a year (also shown for free) but the volume of competitive and action packed MMA cards being shown (all leagues, even local asia pacific MMA leagues) that people get excited with are a lot lot more.

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Art = Entertainment
Maybe if he wasnt relying so heavily on the refs, when I think Art in boxing Ali, Sugar Ray, Holyfield (footwork, hard training, punch selection) comes to my mind, I respect your opionion but to me old boy FloyŽ is a manufactured POS, I cant call a Champion some fag who is running away from foes or clinching 5 rounds in a row, In the 1st Maidana bout his face looked like shiet and Maidana came out clean... he is not a great artist to me.

bulakenyo
12-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Im all about summer actions movies.

me too.

Funny because In boxing I like more offensive minded boxer punchers, but in MMA, I like pin point striking defensive movers.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Art = Entertainment
Maybe if he wasnt relying so heavily on the refs, when I think Art in boxing Ali, Sugar Ray, Holyfield (footwork, hard training, punch selection) comes to my mind, I respect your opionion but to me old boy FloyŽ is a manufactured POS, I cant call a Champion some fag who is running away from foes or clinching 5 rounds in a row, In the 1st Maidana bout his face looked like shiet and Maidana came out clean... he is not a great artist to me.

Ali clinched in every fight. That was his signature move... hit and hold.

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Rope a dope will always be the best move ever in boxing history and that is why Ali will always be the best,,,,

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Ali clinched in every fight. That was his signature move... hit and hold.
He didnt clinched the whole fight against Frazier and Foreman, there were some dirty exchanges, with Frazier ended the fight pissing blood at the hospital.
There was no glove complains and stuff like that, there was action people got hurt.
Ali cant have a normal chat with you or anybody because his head went through a world of pain, Floy cant because he is retarded.

Killakobe81
12-14-2014, 11:35 PM
PBF has great fundamentals is extremely well coached but many casual fans find the style of play boring ...
Sounds like Spurs before 2013 tbh ...
pbf fights are boring if you don't appreciate head and shoulder movement counter punching , parrying and hand speed ...he is a boxer not a fighter.

Mikeanaro
12-14-2014, 11:35 PM
me too.

Funny because In boxing I like more offensive minded boxer punchers, but in MMA, I like pin point striking defensive movers.
In MMA there is no fighters with perfect records, the sport is the show not the fighters, it is impossible to retain a perfect record with 5 minutes rounds and exhausting wrestling moves, you make 1 mistake or you are not in a perfect day and thats it.
Anderson Silva was very Mayweather like, his ego shit and etc, but because there is no running there is no fairytale either.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:36 PM
He didnt clinched the whole fight against Frazier and Foreman, there were some dirty exchanges, with Frazier ended the fight pissing blood at the hospital.
There was no glove complains and stuff like that, there was action people got hurt.
Ali cant have a normal chat with you or anybody because his head went through a world of pain, Floy cant because he is retarded.

Of course he clinched. Go back and watch the Foreman or Norton fights. There are fights he should have been disqualified for so much clinching.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 11:37 PM
I've already proven I'm the greatest narutolova on this site.

You got that right.

:lmao Still trying to talk trash behind that account.

:lmao Biggest laughingstock in SpursTalk history.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:38 PM
You got that right.

:lmao Still trying to talk trash behind that account.

:lmao Biggest laughingstock in SpursTalk history.

Just that fast you've bowed out. Now go back to the nerd forum.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Just that fast you've bowed out. Now go back to the nerd forum.

Bowed out. :lmao When you can't even talk without fellating yourself (necessary, since obviously no one else wants to) and you expect people to want to have a dialogue with you.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Bowed out. :lmao When you can't even talk without fellating yourself and you expect people to want to have a dialogue with you.

Cock so big just gets in the way... not my fault.

HemisfairArena
Its all subjective and I've watched a lot,,,,and I mean a lot of fights,,,,and some of the best fights I have ever seen in my time are the Gatti/Ward fights and neither of those guys will ever go down as the best ever but man want a rivalry. If some of you never saw those fights,,,,rent them.

Cry Havoc
Cock so big just gets in the way... not my fault.

hurr durr

You're stupid.

bulakenyo
12-14-2014, 11:45 PM
In MMA there is no fighters with perfect records, the sport is the show not the fighters, it is impossible to retain a perfect record with 5 minutes rounds and exhausting wrestling moves, you make 1 mistake or you are not in a perfect day and thats it.
Anderson Silva was very Mayweather like, his ego shit and etc, but because there is no running there is no fairytale either.

a serious Chael Sonnen interview a while back highlighted the difference in mentality of Pro MMA and pro boxing..

A lot of MMA guys started in wrestling, and those guys would train all year, compete all year, and would sometimes lose multiple times a day in tournaments. To their mind, losing is part of the game, however great you may be. You get disappointed at firdt, but you brush it off quickly and prepare for your next match. They like facing great competition, win or lose.

Boxers sometimes care too much about a pristine record. Like losing against a great opponent suddenly trashes all the other great fights you won. Like your career is over with one loss against another great fighter.

Buddy Mignon
12-14-2014, 11:45 PM
hurr durr

You're stupid.

So I guess I hurt your feelings... lol

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Its all subjective and I've watched a lot,,,,and I mean a lot of fights,,,,and some of the best fights I have ever seen in my time are the Gatti/Ward fights and neither of those guys will ever go down as the best ever but man want a rivalry. If some of you never saw those fights,,,,rent them.

Corrales vs Castillo has to be in there. That was a 10 round war.

Cry Havoc
12-14-2014, 11:49 PM
So I guess I hurt your feelings... lol

You're just not worth even talking to. That's all. You still think you're tough except for that 93 page thread that's hanging around Spurstalk. :lmao

HemisfairArena
12-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Corrales vs Castillo has to be in there. That was a 10 round war.

The Gatti/Ward was multiple fights with Gatti breaking his wristand pressing on,,,Ward as the huge underdog getting pummeled and coming back time and time again,,,it was the classic style vs substance.

100%duncan
12-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Lol naruto

Thebesteva
12-15-2014, 12:00 AM
Well that, and it's a bad list.

and "I'm not going to count fighters when Floyd was in his prime." Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Floyd's ATG status was achieved before welterweight and then you went on to list only what, 2-3 sub 147 guys on your list? (that didn't exist while he fought regularly below 147)

You ask nicely and I'll put together a list that doesn't include fucking :lol GGG :lol

Uhh, not as dumb as you making shit up. When the fuck did I say that exactly? I said Im not counting Diego nor JLC. You're one of those guys eh? When you're clearly losing an argument you start making up quotes. You should work for the media tbh :lol

Jimbo :lol

Mikeanaro
12-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Of course he clinched. Go back and watch the Foreman or Norton fights. There are fights he should have been disqualified for so much clinching.
Maybe, but dude was a puncher too, had an awful giant ego but faced the music he was calling his opponents ugly gorilla and shit to fight with them, not for ducking purposes.

Mikeanaro
12-15-2014, 12:13 AM
a serious Chael Sonnen interview a while back highlighted the difference in mentality of Pro MMA and pro boxing..

A lot of MMA guys started in wrestling, and those guys would train all year, compete all year, and would sometimes lose multiple times a day in tournaments. To their mind, losing is part of the game, however great you may be. You get disappointed at firdt, but you brush it off quickly and prepare for your next match. They like facing great competition, win or lose.

Boxers sometimes care too much about a pristine record. Like losing against a great opponent suddenly trashes all the other great fights you won. Like your career is over with one loss against another great fighter.
I prefer Evander record over Floy boy because if you cherrypick your opponents there is no real challenge, nothing wrong about losing, because you didnt make 5 out of 50 bouts that doesnt mean you are a loser if you always fought tough guys.

bulakenyo
12-15-2014, 12:34 AM
I prefer Evander record over Floy boy because if you cherrypick your opponents there is no real challenge, nothing wrong about losing, because you didnt make 5 out of 50 bouts that doesnt mean you are a loser if you always fought tough guys.

Yeah, Holyfield in his time was pretty good. Too bad he stayed way too long in the fight business. Must be because of all those kids he had.

HemisfairArena
12-15-2014, 12:36 AM
Bowe/Holyfield was an epic battle also,,,dude parachuting into the ring and all,,,,

Mikeanaro
12-15-2014, 12:45 AM
Yeah, Holyfield in his time was pretty good. Too bad he stayed way too long in the fight business. Must be because of all those kids he had.
He stayed too long because spent more than he could afford, like this mansion, 110 rooms 50 bathrooms and who knows what else.
http://www.sportrichlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Evander-Holyfields-house-in-Fayette-County-Georgia-2014.jpg
Info http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/13/sports/evander-holyfields-mansion-is-a-home-sale-heavyweight.html
He was delusional.

jimbo
12-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Uhh, not as dumb as you making shit up. When the fuck did I say that exactly? I said Im not counting Diego nor JLC. You're one of those guys eh? When you're clearly losing an argument you start making up quotes. You should work for the media tbh :lol

Jimbo :lol

I made nothing up. I paraphrased what you said, but was just less of a bitch w/ how I phrased it.

Let me break it down for you "Doctor."

"I'm not going to count fighters when Floyd was in his prime."

Floyd's prime was pre 147. How many guys did you list again that were in Floyd's pre 147 days? Listing fucking Bradley, Khan, and GGG over actually good opponents Floyd beat :lmao. I was never good at anatomy so maybe you can help me with this one. If you've got your entire head up Manny's asshole, what organ do you think you'd reach?

bulakenyo
12-15-2014, 01:00 AM
He stayed too long because spent more than he could afford, like this mansion, 110 rooms 50 bathrooms and who knows what else.

He was delusional.

Nuts.

Thebesteva
12-15-2014, 01:39 AM
I made nothing up. I paraphrased what you said, but was just less of a bitch w/ how I phrased it.

Let me break it down for you "Doctor."

"I'm not going to count fighters when Floyd was in his prime."

Floyd's prime was pre 147. How many guys did you list again that were in Floyd's pre 147 days? Listing fucking Bradley, Khan, and GGG over actually good opponents Floyd beat :lmao. I was never good at anatomy so maybe you can help me with this one. If you've got your entire head up Manny's asshole, what organ do you think you'd reach?

Hands down, when he was a super featherweight he was if not the greatest ever. He was relatively unknown at the time. However, many, including myself believe he lost the 1st JLC fight. It was a fight that drew a lot of criticism. Again, he cemented his legacy at the SF division.

My criticism of him along with millions of boxing fans, is once he joined the 147 division he has been cherry picking fighters. Name me the fight where he completely destroyed a fighter since Ricky Hatton? You think him jabbing or punching a little here and there then running for 4 rounds is the equivalent of what Leonard or Ray Robinson were doing? Name me his career defining fight or KO of the year since the Hatton fight...I'll wait...r u going to go with Victor Oritz? :lol

Judging by your sig, you like riding bandwagon dick dont you boy?

Cry Havoc
12-15-2014, 01:55 AM
Hands down, when he was a super featherweight he was if not the greatest ever. He was relatively unknown at the time. However, many, including myself believe he lost the 1st JLC fight. It was a fight that drew a lot of criticism. Again, he cemented his legacy at the SF division.

My criticism of him along with millions of boxing fans, is once he joined the 147 division he has been cherry picking fighters. Name me the fight where he completely destroyed a fighter since Ricky Hatton? You think him jabbing or punching a little here and there then running for 4 rounds is the equivalent of what Leonard or Ray Robinson were doing? Name me his career defining fight or KO of the year since the Hatton fight...I'll wait...r u going to go with Victor Oritz? :lol

tba, throwing it down hard. :wow

james evans
12-15-2014, 04:14 AM

beating manny will not enhance floyd no more than he already is or isn't. Cuz as soon as he beats him(and he will) people will say:

he waited too long to fight
manny got old(even though floyd is older)
manny was focused on politics
floyd ran all night and didn't let manny punch him

Remember the Alvarez fight. I told everyone floyd was gonna pitch a shutout. People actually believed Alvarez had a chance. The only guy I feel can beat mayweather now is Danny Garcia. He has the perfect style, he's fast, counterpuncher, and he has stamina with power. But we know that fight is never gonna happen.

As for UFC, Dana White is the devil. They are seriously fukin over their fighters. He makes hundreds of millions per year and his fighters are fighting for peanuts. I aint saying his fighters should make as much as him obviously, but they are getting fuked something serious. They fight their hearts out and Nobody makes million dollar purses even though ppv numbers are great and teh gates are good. Mccain wanted some federation type bullshit for boxing. It's good for the fans, but not good for the athletes cuz even with the UFC, you'll never see their fighters fight other fighters from Bellator, etc.. To fight any UFC fighter, u must sign your life away to Dana White. Do you feel that's fair? You're complaining about 1 fight between manny and floyd not being made, boxing has 18 weight classes. Can you imagine how many fights wouldn't be made if Boxing was ran like mma? 18 weight classes? 4 or 5 differn't federations. Then whomever has a top fighter like floyd would just protect him like Dana White protects Rousey.

ImDaNuts
12-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Garcia wouldn't pose Floyd a problem imo.

james evans
12-15-2014, 04:17 AM
did you actually see those fights, cuz that's all Ali did in those fights. He hit and held foreman on the ropes until foreman tired. He held and held fraizer all 3 of their fights. He took a beating, but his fights were boring as shit too.

james evans
12-15-2014, 04:20 AM
Name the 20,,,,
I want to know the 20 too and he had better not say rocky marciano or joe louis. These guys were about 185 lbs. Tyson would have crushed their soul. No 6 foot 185 lb fighter whips tyson ass in his prime. I hope he doesn't believe that bullshit.

james evans
12-15-2014, 04:22 AM
Garcia wouldn't pose Floyd a problem imo.
Next year floyd will be 38. Garcia will be 27. This isn't like bernard hopkins at 160. There is a reason bernard moved up to 175 in his 40s cuz the mws were getting faster. The lthvy's were slower. Floy's reflexes are noticeably getting slower and garcia is a patient fighter.

james evans
12-15-2014, 04:25 AM

Actually it is haha. What great fighter has leonard destroyed at 147? Hearns was winning their first fight before it was stopped as he was exhausted. It was not destruction or ass whipping. Durant the 2nd time quit cuz he was out of shape and got tired of chasing leonard. He wasn't getting his "ass kicked". Benitez stoppage was bullshit. Ray was gonna win regardless, but the stoppage wasn't necessary. SRL was a boxer like floyd is. Let's not make him out to be some killer. I do think SRL is greater than floyd all time though.

james evans
12-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Those gatti/ward fights are great, but that's not "boxing". I like watching those type of fights too, but I also love technicians. 2 of my favorite fighters of all time are Sweet Pea and James Toney. Boxers. They hit and not get hit. I think it's sad that so called "boxing fans" criticize a boxer for not getting hit. That's the name of the game. You guys want fighters to end up like Wilfred Benitez is today only to forget about them. You want their brains beat to mush just for your enjoyment. I fought amateur in my teenage years and 20s and I didn't give a damn if the people booed. I was never a club fighter and I had a future in other things so I wasn't gonna get my brains beat in when I had great footwork and fast hands :lol

Mikeanaro
12-15-2014, 07:04 AM
did you actually see those fights, cuz that's all Ali did in those fights. He hit and held foreman on the ropes until foreman tired. He held and held fraizer all 3 of their fights. He took a beating, but his fights were boring as shit too.
Yes I saw those fights, did you see the part were he knocks out Foreman? when Gay did something like that? because thats a strategy, running scared of your opponent is not he just wants the cards to win.
Ali vs Frazier 1 the ref wasnt 2 inches next to Ali nursing him.

james evans
12-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Yes I saw those fights, did you see the part were he knocks out Foreman? when Gay did something like that? because thats a strategy, running scared of your opponent is not he just wants the cards to win.
Ali vs Frazier 1 the ref wasnt 2 inches next to Ali nursing him.
he didn't "knock out" foreman, foreman was tired from all of those punches. haha. Foreman has one of the best chins in the history of boxing. Ali did get the ko win, but he held, and held, took punches, held, pulled his head in, held and held and then ko'd him in round 8. Let's not rewrite history as if Ali went in the ring and just beat the hell out of foreman for 8 rounds before stopping him. Cmon now. You may have gotten away with that in the 80s, but we are in a youtube era with guys that even if they haven't seen the fight before can just type it in their browser. Like I said earlier, boxing is an acquired taste. When people see the unskillful Gatti/Ward fights, they feel every match should be that way and that's just not what boxing is. Not even SRR had a lot of fights like that. Ali didn't even have a lot of fights like that since you've mentioned him. Bottom line, Ali after exile was a boring fighter. And I don't want anyone to think I'm some die hard mayweather fan because I have always said that if he didn't duck Mosley back in 99, we would not know mayweather right now. Mosley was at 135 and mayweather was at 130 and mosley wanted to get a fight with him, but Mayweather cleverly turned him down. Imagine if a young Mosley would have had mayweather in 99 hurt like he did a few years ago. He woudln't have made it past round 5. I promise you this.

Mikeanaro
12-15-2014, 03:35 PM
he didn't "knock out" foreman, foreman was tired from all of those punches. haha. Foreman has one of the best chins in the history of boxing. Ali did get the ko win, but he held, and held, took punches, held, pulled his head in, held and held and then ko'd him in round 8. Let's not rewrite history as if Ali went in the ring and just beat the hell out of foreman for 8 rounds before stopping him. Cmon now. You may have gotten away with that in the 80s, but we are in a youtube era with guys that even if they haven't seen the fight before can just type it in their browser. Like I said earlier, boxing is an acquired taste. When people see the unskillful Gatti/Ward fights, they feel every match should be that way and that's just not what boxing is. Not even SRR had a lot of fights like that. Ali didn't even have a lot of fights like that since you've mentioned him. Bottom line, Ali after exile was a boring fighter. And I don't want anyone to think I'm some die hard mayweather fan because I have always said that if he didn't duck Mosley back in 99, we would not know mayweather right now. Mosley was at 135 and mayweather was at 130 and mosley wanted to get a fight with him, but Mayweather cleverly turned him down. Imagine if a young Mosley would have had mayweather in 99 hurt like he did a few years ago. He woudln't have made it past round 5. I promise you this.
Im not saying Ali wasnt keeping it safe against foreman or frazier because those guys punched like hell, my point is Gay runs all the time hiding behind refs claiming he is the best boxer ever while kissing Justin Bieber in the mouth, he aint tough and never faced real competition, he was a nobody during the 90s and when the sport started to lose relevancy he came as the best thing ever ducking prime Pacquiao and had like 30 years to fight Bernard Hopkins, there is nothing new about a perfect record it has been done before without lady gloves, 15 rounds not 12 and total carnage so most boxers finished their lives like retards.
I like defensive boxing as long as there is a purpose like Hollyfield against big fuckers, but Gay is like a dumb poor idiot who thinks is above god.

james evans
12-15-2014, 03:42 PM
but how do you outpunch your opponent by running? just a simple question. I feel mayweather lost against Castillo the first time. I feel he lost the first 4 rounds against judah but adjusted, but I want u to define "running". because the same people(ahem chavez fans) said the same thing about Whitaker when he beat the shit out of chavez and was robbed in that piece of shit state of Texas. Running is what Derrick Gainer did agianst Marquez.

Buddy Mignon
12-15-2014, 03:53 PM

What the fuck are you talking about. He took two years off after knocking out Hatton then came back to dominate Marquez. Beat the shit out of Shane Mosley. Went to jail... came back to beat Cotto. Then turned around and dominated Canelo. Do you even watch boxing?

Cry Havoc
12-15-2014, 03:55 PM
beating manny will not enhance floyd no more than he already is or isn't. Cuz as soon as he beats him(and he will) people will say:

he waited too long to fight
manny got old(even though floyd is older)
manny was focused on politics
floyd ran all night and didn't let manny punch him

Probably accurate at this point, given how long it's been since the public has been asking for a Mayweather - Pacquiao fight. But again, all May had to do 3-5 years ago was lace up the gloves. Instead he was very openly playing a money game. Again, fine, but he has no right to balk when people take that away from him and point to it as a questionable mark on his record. Of which he has a few. Still a great fighter, all-time great boxer, perhaps the best defensive specialist in history, but not the GOAT. Not even close.

As for UFC, Dana White is the devil. They are seriously fukin over their fighters. He makes hundreds of millions per year and his fighters are fighting for peanuts. I aint saying his fighters should make as much as him obviously, but they are getting fuked something serious. They fight their hearts out and Nobody makes million dollar purses even though ppv numbers are great and teh gates are good. Mccain wanted some federation type bullshit for boxing. It's good for the fans, but not good for the athletes cuz even with the UFC, you'll never see their fighters fight other fighters from Bellator, etc.. To fight any UFC fighter, u must sign your life away to Dana White. Do you feel that's fair? You're complaining about 1 fight between manny and floyd not being made, boxing has 18 weight classes. Can you imagine how many fights wouldn't be made if Boxing was ran like mma? 18 weight classes? 4 or 5 differn't federations. Then whomever has a top fighter like floyd would just protect him like Dana White protects Rousey.

Well, speaking frankly, I agree with a lot of what you say about the UFC. They definitely don't do right by their fighters. However, boxing has become the most corrupt sport in the world outside of soccer. To say the UFC is the devil while ignoring the atrocity that took boxing from THE marquee event in the sporting world to what it is now is revisionist at best.

I think as the UFC ages they will probably introduce more weight classes, however boxing clearly has too many given the dearth of talent that's out there now.

Buddy Mignon
12-15-2014, 04:04 PM
I want to know the 20 too and he had better not say rocky marciano or joe louis. These guys were about 185 lbs. Tyson would have crushed their soul. No 6 foot 185 lb fighter whips tyson ass in his prime. I hope he doesn't believe that bullshit.

Look... every fight can be beat... in their prime.

Buster
Lennox
Holyfield
Mercer
Holmes
Norton
Ali
Bowe
Foreman
Shavers
Joe Louis
Jack Johnson

Thats not twenty but its a good list of fighters that could have and did beat Tyson. Dont give me this shit about Tysons shortcomings... that's what make guys like Ali so great... being able to fight through adversity in and out of the ring. Tyson didnt have the mental toughness to become great. Extremely talented but far from great.

Cry Havoc
12-15-2014, 04:20 PM

Buster
Lennox
Holyfield
Mercer
Holmes
Norton
Ali
Bowe
Foreman
Shavers
Joe Louis
Jack Johnson

Thats not twenty but its a good list of fighters that could have and did beat Tyson. Dont give me this shit about Tysons shortcomings... that's what make guys like Ali so great... being able to fight through adversity in and out of the ring. Tyson didnt have the mental toughness to become great. Extremely talented but far from great.

:lmao Tyson would have ended half of those guys in the first round in his prime. Just shows how pathetic your takes are on boxing. Mercer? :lmao Are you serious kid? The guy that Jesse Ferguson took out in a UD? Yeah, the ref saved Ferguson's ass in the 6th after Tyson beat the shit out of him for 5 rounds. Mercer would have been lucky to last 3 rounds in the ring with Prime Iron Mike. :lol

:lmao Can't even back up his words.

:lmao 12 = 20. :lmao

JamStone
12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
A few points of clarifications:

Pacquiao has never tested positive for steroids or other PE type drugs. The issues a few years ago when there were negotiations about an actual fight taking place was that Mayweather wanted Pacquiao to agree to a drug test that could be taken all the way up to the day of the fight. Manny didn't want to have his blood drawn the day of the fight for obvious reasons. He said he'd agree to a drug test if the stipulations were amended so he didn't have to have blood drawn the day of the fight. Floyd wouldn't agree to that.

I'm Filipino so I have obvious biases. However, in all honesty, I feel like both fighters have dodged each other all these years. I don't think either has been honest that they were both willing to fight. I agree that Manny is an Arum puppet, and I also agree that Floyd has always made unreasonable demands so a fight would not happen. I do think there's some merit to the notion that Floyd didn't want to fight Manny when Manny was still considered in his prime and great because it would legitimately threaten his undefeated record. Those are also the reasons I don't believe a fight will ever happen. Both guys have been chickenshits about actually making the fight happen.

That said, at this point in each guy's respective career, it'd be hard to pick against Floyd. Manny has gotten old and has shown vulnerability because at times he's so aggressive and leaves himself open to take hard crosses and uppercuts that could lead to KOs. He's not the same fighter he was even 3 years ago. Whether you question Floyd's opponents or not, he hasn't really been challenged. And certainly his head hasn't taken the type of damage Manny has in recent fights. Floyd would again play his defensive game and Manny wouldn't get many if any good hits square on. A decision would surely favor Floyd.

This fight should have happened 5-7 years ago. Now, it's much less appealing. Floyd is the bigger draw and deserves the bigger purse. I wonder if he'd be willing to a decision based split of the purse, something like if he wins he takes 75-25, but if Manny wins it's a 50-50 split. Do they do that? Can they do that? If both fighters were really willing to make it happen, couldn't that help be an incentive to move negotiations along? I'm not sure.

Cry Havoc
12-15-2014, 04:36 PM

Pacquiao has never tested positive for steroids or other PE type drugs. The issues a few years ago when there were negotiations about an actual fight taking place was that Mayweather wanted Pacquiao to agree to a drug test that could be taken all the way up to the day of the fight. Manny didn't want to have his blood drawn the day of the fight for obvious reasons. He said he'd agree to a drug test if the stipulations were amended so he didn't have to have blood drawn the day of the fight. Floyd wouldn't agree to that.

I'm Filipino so I have obvious biases. However, in all honesty, I feel like both fighters have dodged each other all these years. I don't think either has been honest that they were both willing to fight. I agree that Manny is an Arum puppet, and I also agree that Floyd has always made unreasonable demands so a fight would not happen. I do think there's some merit to the notion that Floyd didn't want to fight Manny when Manny was still considered in his prime and great because it would legitimately threaten his undefeated record. Those are also the reasons I don't believe a fight will ever happen. Both guys have been chickenshits about actually making the fight happen.

That said, at this point in each guy's respective career, it'd be hard to pick against Floyd. Manny has gotten old and has shown vulnerability because at times he's so aggressive and leaves himself open to take hard crosses and uppercuts that could lead to KOs. He's not the same fighter he was even 3 years ago. Whether you question Floyd's opponents or not, he hasn't really been challenged. And certainly his head hasn't taken the type of damage Manny has in recent fights. Floyd would again play his defensive game and Manny wouldn't get many if any good hits square on. A decision would surely favor Floyd.

This fight should have happened 5-7 years ago. Now, it's much less appealing. Floyd is the bigger draw and deserves the bigger purse. I wonder if he'd be willing to a decision based split of the purse, something like if he wins he takes 75-25, but if Manny wins it's a 50-50 split. Do they do that? Can they do that? If both fighters were really willing to make it happen, couldn't that help be an incentive to move negotiations along? I'm not sure.

This is a good analysis. The only problem I see from Floyd's perspective is that he lacks the power to really do much damage to Manny. Pacquiao could pretty much swing for the fences and knowing Floyd he wouldn't want to get in the way of an errant punch, so Mayweather would be dodging most of the fight. I'm not sure a decision favors Floyd, as Manny would likely throw 3x as many punches and most of them with power and conviction. Obviously Manny would miss a great deal more than he's used to, but he also wouldn't have to worry about being knocked out or likely even being fazed by anything Floyd is going to throw. Floyd would be tossing out that pinpoint jab, but it would come down to how many of those power punches from Manny lands in a 12 round decision.

I also think one of the reasons Manny has been opening himself up is to prove he still has power in his hands. He certainly showed that in his last fight, even if a couple of those knockdowns were slips, most of them came at the end of a flurry or power punch. I doubt Manny would go in headhunting against Floyd (out of both respect and wanting to win the fight more than get a KO) and would likely choose to use short bursts when he finds an open spot.

People in here claiming to be "real" boxing fans and commenting on exactly how the fight would go with 100% conviction that either side would win is fucking ludicrous. Styles make fights. Manny is FAR more dangerous and unpredictable than anyone Floyd has fought in recent memory, even at his present age. I still think it would be a great fight, but 5 years ago it would have absolutely been one of the most spectacled, anticipated fights since Ali retired. It was THE superfight people wanted to see from all walks of life, not just fans of pugilism. Even now, it would definitely be a cultural event, just not the pinnacle of entertainment that it would have been half a decade prior.

Thebesteva
12-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Actually it is haha. What great fighter has leonard destroyed at 147? Hearns was winning their first fight before it was stopped as he was exhausted. It was not destruction or ass whipping. Durant the 2nd time quit cuz he was out of shape and got tired of chasing leonard. He wasn't getting his "ass kicked". Benitez stoppage was bullshit. Ray was gonna win regardless, but the stoppage wasn't necessary. SRL was a boxer like floyd is. Let's not make him out to be some killer. I do think SRL is greater than floyd all time though.

What the fuck are you talking about. He took two years off after knocking out Hatton then came back to dominate Marquez. Beat the shit out of Shane Mosley. Went to jail... came back to beat Cotto. Then turned around and dominated Canelo. Do you even watch boxing?

I'm just adding more names to the list I can laugh at when he inevitably loses in the next year or two. It's going to take time, but he's going to lose and lose badly.

Yes, I was watching boxing when your mother was being raped in an alley the night you were conceived.

james evans
12-15-2014, 05:08 PM

Buster
Lennox
Holyfield
Mercer
Holmes
Norton
Ali
Bowe
Foreman
Shavers
Joe Louis
Jack Johnson

Buster - well buster did beat tyson in his prime. I can't argue much there. Can't make the excuse tyson was undertrained or not focused. Douglass did beat him. but if they fought 100 times. tyson wins 99 of them. haha.

Lennox - fuk no. Exacty when was Lewis' prime? was it early 90s when he was right hand crazy pre-steward beating the remains of Ruddock(which tyson had just beat his career out him). Was it the same early to mid 90s version that was ko'd in 2 by a tyson sparring partner(Mccall) and also struggled with Mercer in a fight that could have gon either way. Was it the late 90s version that struggled with Shannon Briggs and still didn't have a chin(i feel this was the best version of Lewis though). Was it the early 2000s version that was ko'd in 1 punch by rahman and fought life and death with vitaly while was he was out of shape? which version of Lewis beats a prime tyson?

Holyfield - Holyfield would have gave him a tough fight. I can't even lie, but young prime holyfield was just too stupid fr his own good. The old past his prime holyfield that fought tyson was smart. He didn't brawl, he jab and grabbed. The young holyfield was too skinny and tyson back then loved body work. When holyfield got hurt back then, he didn't hold, he fought harder. He would have gotten hurt. But tyson would not have walked thru him.

Mercer- I feel mercer could have. He had one of the best chins in boxing. Tyson could struggle with him and I don't see him getting mercer out of there early. It would be a war.

Holmes - I feel holmes would beat tyson, but tyson's style would be bad for holmes in his prime too. A younger holmes had better legs and was quicker. I can see holmes winning a decision.

Norton - NO. his weakness was punchers. tyson knocks him out

Ali - which version? and which version of tyson. People forget Ali was succeptable to left hooks. Sonny Banks and Henry Cooper both dropped Ali(when he was Clay) by brutal left hooks. And they don't hit half as hard as tyson. Fraizer hit him with left hooks for 3 fights(older Ali). Now I'm not saying tyson beats ali, but i'm not saying ali blows him out. Young tyson had left hooks and body work. Look at Ali's 1st fight with George Chuvalo. He took one of the worst body beatings he's ever taken. 87 Tyson vs young ali it's a toss up. early 30s/ post exile Ali vs post prison tyson, Ali knocks him out.

Bowe - The bowe that fought holyfield the first time, u can't name 5-7 heavyweights all time that would have beat him that night. That fighter was damn near the perfect hw. He had quickness, accuracy, power, a chin, and stamina. Unfortunately, it was the last time we saw THAT fighter. Tyson nor Lewis is beating that bowe. And before u say, "bowe ducked lewis" , that was Rock Newman's doing. Bowe would have destroyed lewis back then. Screw the olympics in 88.

Foreman - Old foreman there is a possibility, young foreman, no. Young foreman lacked stamina . See ron lyle fight. Prime Tyson aint lyle.

Shavers - possibly yes. Shavers hit hard, but he'd have to ko tyson early. If it goes past 6, tyson ko's him. He lacked stamina and a chin.

Joe Louis - hell no. Joe Louis was great, but he was too damn small. Louis weighed under 200 lbs. He'd be a cruiser weight by today's standards. Tyson's problems were big hws with great jabs. Louis was about an inch or so taller than tyson but he would be giving up 10-15 lbs. Too small

Jack Johnson - Can't say tyson would have beat him. Johnson was big and defensive. Could be a toss up. Tyson doesn't run through him and Johnson doesn't destroy tyson either, but I feel Johnson can win.

james evans
12-15-2014, 05:13 PM

This is a good analysis. Today people feel that you have to be a fan of either guy when you have an opinion. I don't hate either guy. I'm not even concerned with the fight. There are way better superfights out there to be made. People that jock this fight aren't even boxing fans themselves. There isn't a person alive that can convince me Mayweather vs Pacqiua will be more interesting than Mattysse vs Provodnikov. Then you have Canelo Alvarez vs GGG at mw. Also GGG vs Andre Ward at sm. Why does this fight make or break boxing? In the 90s, we never got to see Felix Trinidad vs Ike Quartey. That's the one fight of that era that should have been made that fans were cheated out of.

Cry Havoc
12-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Mercer- I feel mercer could have. He had one of the best chins in boxing. Tyson could struggle with him and I don't see him getting mercer out of there early. It would be a war.

You realize Ferguson completely beat down Mercer in 12 in Mercer's prime and Tyson stopped Ferguson in the 6th, right? It's not like these guys fought decades apart.

Buddy Mignon
12-15-2014, 08:51 PM
:lmao Tyson would have ended half of those guys in the first round in his prime. Just shows how pathetic your takes are on boxing. Mercer? :lmao Are you serious kid? The guy that Jesse Ferguson took out in a UD? Yeah, the ref saved Ferguson's ass in the 6th after Tyson beat the shit out of him for 5 rounds. Mercer would have been lucky to last 3 rounds in the ring with Prime Iron Mike. :lol

:lmao Can't even back up his words.

:lmao 12 = 20. :lmao

Ok... now if you take the laziest fighter on that list... he knocked Tyson out. I don't care what excuses you want to make for Tyson.

Buddy Mignon
12-15-2014, 08:52 PM
You realize Ferguson completely beat down Mercer in 12 in Mercer's prime and Tyson stopped Ferguson in the 6th, right? It's not like these guys fought decades apart.

Its obvious that you're just a casual fan that has no clue on match-ups and styles.

Buddy Mignon
12-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Buster - well buster did beat tyson in his prime. I can't argue much there. Can't make the excuse tyson was undertrained or not focused. Douglass did beat him. but if they fought 100 times. tyson wins 99 of them. haha.

Lennox - fuk no. Exacty when was Lewis' prime? was it early 90s when he was right hand crazy pre-steward beating the remains of Ruddock(which tyson had just beat his career out him). Was it the same early to mid 90s version that was ko'd in 2 by a tyson sparring partner(Mccall) and also struggled with Mercer in a fight that could have gon either way. Was it the late 90s version that struggled with Shannon Briggs and still didn't have a chin(i feel this was the best version of Lewis though). Was it the early 2000s version that was ko'd in 1 punch by rahman and fought life and death with vitaly while was he was out of shape? which version of Lewis beats a prime tyson?

Holyfield - Holyfield would have gave him a tough fight. I can't even lie, but young prime holyfield was just too stupid fr his own good. The old past his prime holyfield that fought tyson was smart. He didn't brawl, he jab and grabbed. The young holyfield was too skinny and tyson back then loved body work. When holyfield got hurt back then, he didn't hold, he fought harder. He would have gotten hurt. But tyson would not have walked thru him.

Holmes - I feel holmes would beat tyson, but tyson's style would be bad for holmes in his prime too. A younger holmes had better legs and was quicker. I can see holmes winning a decision.

Norton - NO. his weakness was punchers. tyson knocks him out

Ali - which version? and which version of tyson. People forget Ali was succeptable to left hooks. Sonny Banks and Henry Cooper both dropped Ali(when he was Clay) by brutal left hooks. And they don't hit half as hard as tyson. Fraizer hit him with left hooks for 3 fights(older Ali). Now I'm not saying tyson beats ali, but i'm not saying ali blows him out. Young tyson had left hooks and body work. Look at Ali's 1st fight with George Chuvalo. He took one of the worst body beatings he's ever taken. 87 Tyson vs young ali it's a toss up. early 30s/ post exile Ali vs post prison tyson, Ali knocks him out.

Bowe - The bowe that fought holyfield the first time, u can't name 5-7 heavyweights all time that would have beat him that night. That fighter was damn near the perfect hw. He had quickness, accuracy, power, a chin, and stamina. Unfortunately, it was the last time we saw THAT fighter. Tyson nor Lewis is beating that bowe. And before u say, "bowe ducked lewis" , that was Rock Newman's doing. Bowe would have destroyed lewis back then. Screw the olympics in 88.

Foreman - Old foreman there is a possibility, young foreman, no. Young foreman lacked stamina . See ron lyle fight. Prime Tyson aint lyle.

Shavers - possibly yes. Shavers hit hard, but he'd have to ko tyson early. If it goes past 6, tyson ko's him. He lacked stamina and a chin.

Joe Louis - hell no. Joe Louis was great, but he was too damn small. Louis weighed under 200 lbs. He'd be a cruiser weight by today's standards. Tyson's problems were big hws with great jabs. Louis was about an inch or so taller than tyson but he would be giving up 10-15 lbs. Too small

Jack Johnson - Can't say tyson would have beat him. Johnson was big and defensive. Could be a toss up. Tyson doesn't run through him and Johnson doesn't destroy tyson either, but I feel Johnson can win.

I'll tell you like I told the cryfaggot... Buster was by far the weakest fighter on that list yet he dominated Tyson... in his prime.

Buddy Mignon
12-15-2014, 09:17 PM

Yeah you're a flip alright... and full of shit too. You didn't make not one decent point on here... other than you're bias. When Pacman was a PPV star Arum was smart enough to secure a 50/50 split for the fighters. Contracts were issued and at the last minute Shane Mosely told Floyd he should have Pacman tested. Why would Mosely think this? Because he was caught using PED's, and he lost to a guy that he felt should not have brought up that much power. There is no way Bob Arum lets his fighter walk away from a 50/50 split of a possible 300 million PPV fight. Manny implicated himself by refusing that fight. Three years later after Floyd calls him personally and offers him 40 million just to sign the contract. Manny gets off the phone. Floyd has tried to get this bum in the ring but Manny has refused to sign a contract.

You guys are stupid to think that either one of these guys are afraid of each other. It all boils down to money... that's it. Both of these fighters truly believe they can beat each other. The fight would go down as the biggest fight in history... still. But it will never happen until Manny forces Arum to secure the fight. Yes, they can agree to a 75 to winner, 25 to loser deal, but Arum ain't that stupid. He knows his boy never had the goods to beat Floyd. Listen to what Paulie has to say on this issue.

a8Vby9jHFIY

Buddy Mignon
12-15-2014, 09:19 PM
This is a good analysis. The only problem I see from Floyd's perspective is that he lacks the power to really do much damage to Manny. Pacquiao could pretty much swing for the fences and knowing Floyd he wouldn't want to get in the way of an errant punch, so Mayweather would be dodging most of the fight. I'm not sure a decision favors Floyd, as Manny would likely throw 3x as many punches and most of them with power and conviction. Obviously Manny would miss a great deal more than he's used to, but he also wouldn't have to worry about being knocked out or likely even being fazed by anything Floyd is going to throw. Floyd would be tossing out that pinpoint jab, but it would come down to how many of those power punches from Manny lands in a 12 round decision.

I also think one of the reasons Manny has been opening himself up is to prove he still has power in his hands. He certainly showed that in his last fight, even if a couple of those knockdowns were slips, most of them came at the end of a flurry or power punch. I doubt Manny would go in headhunting against Floyd (out of both respect and wanting to win the fight more than get a KO) and would likely choose to use short bursts when he finds an open spot.

People in here claiming to be "real" boxing fans and commenting on exactly how the fight would go with 100% conviction that either side would win is fucking ludicrous. Styles make fights. Manny is FAR more dangerous and unpredictable than anyone Floyd has fought in recent memory, even at his present age. I still think it would be a great fight, but 5 years ago it would have absolutely been one of the most spectacled, anticipated fights since Ali retired. It was THE superfight people wanted to see from all walks of life, not just fans of pugilism. Even now, it would definitely be a cultural event, just not the pinnacle of entertainment that it would have been half a decade prior.

Damn you are lame... Manny just got knocked out cold. Get the fuck out of here.

Cry Havoc
12-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Yeah you're a flip alright... and full of shit too. You didn't make not one decent point on here... other than you're bias. When Pacman was a PPV star Arum was smart enough to secure a 50/50 split for the fighters. Contracts were issued and at the last minute Shane Mosely told Floyd he should have Pacman tested. Why would Mosely think this? Because he was caught using PED's, and he lost to a guy that he felt should not have brought up that much power. There is no way Bob Arum lets his fighter walk away from a 50/50 split of a possible 300 million PPV fight. Manny implicated himself by refusing that fight. Three years later after Floyd calls him personally and offers him 40 million just to sign the contract. Manny gets off the phone. Floyd has tried to get this bum in the ring but Manny has refused to sign a contract.

You guys are stupid to think that either one of these guys are afraid of each other. It all boils down to money... that's it. Both of these fighters truly believe they can beat each other. The fight would go down as the biggest fight in history... still. But it will never happen until Manny forces Arum to secure the fight. Yes, they can agree to a 75 to winner, 25 to loser deal, but Arum ain't that stupid. He knows his boy never had the goods to beat Floyd. Listen to what Paulie has to say on this issue.

a8Vby9jHFIY

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111197090/4167854-9496053259-Uzuma.png

james evans
12-15-2014, 11:41 PM

a8Vby9jHFIY
history of what? internet forums? cuz u can't be talking about boxing history. no way. In terms of hype, it's overhyped. Here you have a guy in Pac who has been ko'd, lost to bradley(i thought he beat bradley, it was a bad decision) and fought some bum ass fighers in rios and the feather fisted punching bag algeri and floyd hasnt fought much better himself the last 4 but they are better than what pac has fought. This fight means very little with both guys at the end of their career. It will be big for ppv and hype, but meaning DLH vs Trinidad was bigger. 2 undefeated latino welterweights with power unifying the title. Ali vs Fraizer I was bigger. In terms of hype, Leonard vs Hager was probably bigger than this, but in 87, internet wasn't the standard in every household. No, there are bigger fights in boxing history, but hype-wise, this is up there. I personally feel this fight is gonna be a shutout in favor of floyd. a boring shutout that Roch will threaten to throw in the towel by the 9th round due to Pac taking a beating.

james evans
12-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Ok... now if you take the laziest fighter on that list... he knocked Tyson out. I don't care what excuses you want to make for Tyson.
no he beat tyson. But like bowe vs holyfield the first time, not many people would have beat Douglass that night. He was a man possessed with nothing to lose. just like Hagler the against Hearns. He just wasn't gonna lose that night.

james evans
12-15-2014, 11:49 PM
styles make fights. Holyfield beat foreman, Moorer beat holyfield, Foreman beat moorer. .

duran beat SRL, SRL beat Hearns, Hearns beat duran.
Tyson beat tucker, tucker made douglass quit, douglass beat tyson

styles make fights

Cry Havoc
12-16-2014, 12:49 AM
styles make fights. Holyfield beat foreman, Moorer beat holyfield, Foreman beat moorer. .

duran beat SRL, SRL beat Hearns, Hearns beat duran.
Tyson beat tucker, tucker made douglass quit, douglass beat tyson

styles make fights

Obviously, but Tyson destroyed the guy who convincingly beat Mercer. It's not like they were both close fights. One was a UD, the other was a ref stoppage. You can't sweep away Tyson's ridiculous dominance under the rug of "well he didn't fight anyone who would give him problems." Dude was a wrecking ball.

UZER
12-16-2014, 02:38 AM
Manny said money doesn't matter. What will mayweather come up with now?

spurraider21
12-16-2014, 02:51 AM
he didn't "knock out" foreman

Ali did get the ko win

oh

Franklin
12-16-2014, 05:46 AM
cloth, stone and scissors, imho.

JamStone
12-16-2014, 01:33 PM

Let's get a few things straight.

1. Unsubstantiated rumor: Manny Pacquiao was caught using PEDs.

Documented fact: Manny Pacquiao has never tested positive for steroids or PEDs.

2. Unsubstantiated rumor: Mosley told Floyd to have Pacquiao tested because Mosley knew Pacquiao was using.

Documented fact: Mosley refuted those claims publicly.

"There has been some media coverage recently, stating that I accused Manny Pacquiao of steroid use on Twitter. This is not true. I personally respond to my followers on Twitter, and there was an article sent to me which I Re-tweeted. I did not write the article and did not say that I agree with it. I have defended Manny Pacquiao publicly regarding these type of allegations, stating that they have never been proven true," Mosley said.

"In our post-fight press conference I told the world that Manny won because he was the better man that night. Manny and I have a mutual respect for one another as true warriors and gentlemen. We both strive to be the best we can be at boxing, as family men, and as humanitarians."

http://www.boxingscene.com/shane-mosley-i-never-said-pacquiao-using-steroids--39504

3. Unsubstantiated rumor: Manny did not agree to the terms of Floyd's drug testing because he was using.

The other side to that rumor: Manny agreed to the testing. He did not agree to all of the stipulations of the testing, including allowing his blood to be drawn up to the day of the fight, and which agency would do the tests.

Documented fact: Manny filed a defamation lawsuit against Floyd and his team, and after the suit was settled out of court, Mayweather publicly retracted his steroid accusations.

"Floyd Mayweather Jr., Floyd Mayweather Sr., Roger Mayweather and Mayweather Promotions wish to make it clear that they never intended to claim that Manny Pacquiao has used or is using any performance-enhancing drugs nor are they aware of any evidence that Manny Pacquiao has used performance-enhancing drugs. Manny Pacquiao is a great champion and no one should construe any of our prior remarks as claiming that Manny Pacquiao has used performance-enhancing drugs.”

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/the-ped-mess-part-one

Additional rumors to to this part of the story: There is no substantiated or corroborated stories to this, but in boxing inner circles, the story is that sometime after Manny filed the defamation lawsuit against Floyd, it was found out that Floyd had tested positive for banned substances three separate times but was not given a follow up test by the USADA. When the documents of these tests were requested, Tygert and the USADA refused to hand them over. Shortly thereafter, the defamation suit was settled and Mayweather made the retraction.

You don't hear much about this because Manny doesn't talk shit in the media the way Floyd does. And listen, that's not to say either Manny or Floyd have always been clean. I'm not saying that. I remember the Ben Johnson and Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong and Barry and A-Rod circuses of denials. You just never know with any of these world class athletes. But let's clear up what is rumor and what is fact, at least on the record. You can believe what you want to believe. But don't suggest or imply that some rumors are fact when they are undocumented and unsubstantiated.

Horse
12-16-2014, 01:51 PM
So sad, my heart still remembers the days of great circus and promotions around fights but in the end they were real, Tyson fought Hollyfield in the second one there was a flying ear now we dont have a fucking shit, Hollyfield and Bowe or Lewis happened there was no ducking or lame excuses :depressed

Was much better in those days, although chicken-bowe did duck Lewis.

Drachen
12-16-2014, 07:47 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/story?storyId=12036656&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Flm.faceboo k.com%2Flsr.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fes.pn%252 F1wWfTdX%26ext%3D1418777293%26hash%3DAcnJ1uTm5Owi_ sJudNzkMV-Tq3pAigdFZ-B4X4I5yhOhZg%26_rdr%22%7D&ex_cid=sportscenterFB

Thebesteva
12-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Manny said money doesn't matter. What will mayweather come up with now?

Thing is, as much as I criticize him, stylistically Mayweather should win. I actually think Khan is a worst match up for him. However, the fact that May has ducked Manny in such epic fashion has made many including myself despise him.

If he only fought him in 2009 none of this would have happened. Now, even if he wins, it will be a Lewis V Tyson type thing where it was too late

RsxPiimp
12-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Funny thing though, Mayweather scheduled the fight May 05 with Canelo-Cotto slated for the same week. If I'm not mistaken, Roach will be training Cotto which means the Pac-Mayweather fight must be moved.

BoricuaCJA
12-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Funny thing though, Mayweather scheduled the fight May 05 with Canelo-Cotto slated for the same week. If I'm not mistaken, Roach will be training Cotto which means the Pac-Mayweather fight must be moved.

He did that in purpose. The Cotto Canelo fight is scheduled for May2 and Floyd said lets do it that day.

dbreiden83080
12-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Manny should fight him for whatever honestly. It's a legacy fight and when it's over if Floyd loses it all that will matter is those shitting on his legacy.. Hagler made more money than Ray did in their fight and people still won't let Hagler live that one down..

Buddy Mignon
12-16-2014, 08:17 PM
He did that in purpose. The Cotto Canelo fight is scheduled for May2 and Floyd said lets do it that day.

No, you faggot. Everyone knows that Floyd bullied the mexicans for their holidays to make them his fight night. This is the only reason why he's so kind to them by allowing them to receive an ass whooping on that day. People always ask why does Floyd fight mexicans... this is why.

Buddy Mignon
12-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Manny should fight him for whatever honestly. It's a legacy fight and when it's over if Floyd loses it all that will matter is those shitting on his legacy.. Hagler made more money than Ray did in their fight and people still won't let Hagler live that one down..

Yo... I met Junior this past weekend. Real cool cat.

RsxPiimp
12-16-2014, 08:26 PM

Aww man that sucks. Im still hopeful this one happens, but it's not promising at this point.

Buddy Mignon
12-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Cotto vs Ginger will not be happening on Cinco De Mayo. Floyd will announce his opponent, which will be Khan, and he'll have that date.

UZER
12-16-2014, 09:56 PM
Thing is, as much as I criticize him, stylistically Mayweather should win. I actually think Khan is a worst match up for him. However, the fact that May has ducked Manny in such epic fashion has made many including myself despise him.

If he only fought him in 2009 none of this would have happened. Now, even if he wins, it will be a Lewis V Tyson type thing where it was too late

I'm in the same boat. I've said from the beginning, 5 years ago, May would win. I respect the hell outta him and his skills. He ain't no joke, but that doesn't mean I don't wanna see him lose.

james evans
12-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Obviously, but Tyson destroyed the guy who convincingly beat Mercer. It's not like they were both close fights. One was a UD, the other was a ref stoppage. You can't sweep away Tyson's ridiculous dominance under the rug of "well he didn't fight anyone who would give him problems." Dude was a wrecking ball.
I never said tyson didn't fight anyone, but you can't use the example of "fighter A beats figter B, fighter B beats figther C so fighter A must be able to beat fighter C". That's never always true. I try to be a voice of reason. NO bias whatsoever. I criticize tyson, his fans get upset. I praise tyson, his critics get upset. I criticize floyd, his fans call me a hater. I criticize manny his fans call me a hater. I praise either of them and their critics call me a dick rider.

james evans
12-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Cotto vs Ginger will not be happening on Cinco De Mayo. Floyd will announce his opponent, which will be Khan, and he'll have that date.
I have a feeling floyd will fight khan but anyone with a brain would want to see cotto vs alvarez over that shit.

james evans
12-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Was much better in those days, although chicken-bowe did duck Lewis.
That was rock newman. Why was Lewis duck worthy in 92? That was rock newman's way of giving the wbc the middle finger in trying to control the champ. Lewis had a chance to fight bowe prior to that but declined. That's the thing no one ever talks about. Bowe would have destroyed lewis. That was rock newman's doing.

james evans
12-17-2014, 12:27 AM
oh
yep, way to take 2 lines from a full quote to try and make an argument . That's what we call "fox news shit". Where's the full quote with that text highlighted? I'll help you out..

My opinion like everyone else's mean absolutely nothing. It's just an opinion, so I deal with facts that actually happened. Notice the quotation marks.

spurraider21
12-17-2014, 12:35 AM
yep, way to take 2 lines from a full quote to try and make an argument . That's what we call "fox news shit". Where's the full quote with that text highlighted? I'll help you out..

My opinion like everyone else's mean absolutely nothing. It's just an opinion, so I deal with facts that actually happened. Notice the quotation marks.
i included the quotation marks in my post

i didnt think the rest was relevant. he got a knockout and you tried to tell us all how it wasn't a knockout

james evans
12-17-2014, 12:46 AM
i included the quotation marks in my post

i didnt think the rest was relevant. he got a knockout and you tried to tell us all how it wasn't a knockout
If you dont understand what I was saying while including the quotation marks in the full post, then there is nothing else I can do to help you. I'm sorry.

spurraider21
12-17-2014, 12:48 AM
If you dont understand what I was saying while including the quotation marks in the full post, then there is nothing else I can do to help you. I'm sorry.
nobody said it has to be a tyson-esque beatdown to be a knockout. everybody knows that Ali wasn't out there as a power puncher. but it was a knockout.

unless you count the victor ortiz one (lol), FMJ hasn't knocked anybody out since 1999

james evans
12-17-2014, 01:21 AM
nobody said it has to be a tyson-esque beatdown to be a knockout. everybody knows that Ali wasn't out there as a power puncher. but it was a knockout.

unless you count the victor ortiz one (lol), FMJ hasn't knocked anybody out since 1999
No arguments from me. He's not a ko fighter. And had he not taken advantage of ortiz with his hands down after headbutt, it was gonna be another long uneventful fight with a decision.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Pac-man is back. Those losses (one which was luck by the other as Manny was dominating that fight before that blind KO jab), were when Manny was focusing on politics and a music career. He has dropped both since and he look like the old Manny the last game.

Floyd is a pussy. He doesn't want to fight Manny right now because he knows he will lose.

Thebesteva
12-17-2014, 11:00 AM
That was rock newman. Why was Lewis duck worthy in 92? That was rock newman's way of giving the wbc the middle finger in trying to control the champ. Lewis had a chance to fight bowe prior to that but declined. That's the thing no one ever talks about. Bowe would have destroyed lewis. That was rock newman's doing.

Because Lewis was the worst type of fighter. He attracted nearly 0 interest, 0 draw, and had a solid 80% chance of defeating Bowe, Tyson, and Holyfield at that time. I respect the hell out of Lewis.

james evans
12-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Because Lewis was the worst type of fighter. He attracted nearly 0 interest, 0 draw, and had a solid 80% chance of defeating Bowe, Tyson, and Holyfield at that time. I respect the hell out of Lewis.
lewis pre-steward was right hand crazy, off balance, and had the same glass chin. He had NO CHANCE at beating bowe or holyfield back then. When lewis started developing a name for himself, tyson was in prison btw. Don king paid lewis step aside money to try and unify the title in 96 and take the "easy" fight with holyfield though. Riddick howe would have beat the fuk outta lewis in 93. no contest. Bowe was a warrior. I've never seen that fight in which lewis went out in his prime and could stand and bang with a puncher like that.

RsxPiimp
12-18-2014, 09:35 AM
"The other night I think he did 4,000 (attendance), so, Amir Khan, his name holds no weight," Mayweather said. "No one knows who Amir Khan is except people who are involved in boxing. My focus is Manny Pacquiao. Let's make it happen."

Yes!

Horse
12-18-2014, 01:55 PM

Got to disagree bowe could barely handle evander, nothing against holyfield but he was much smaller than bowe and gave him trouble.

Horse
12-18-2014, 01:58 PM
lewis pre-steward was right hand crazy, off balance, and had the same glass chin. He had NO CHANCE at beating bowe or holyfield back then. When lewis started developing a name for himself, tyson was in prison btw. Don king paid lewis step aside money to try and unify the title in 96 and take the "easy" fight with holyfield though. Riddick howe would have beat the fuk outta lewis in 93. no contest. Bowe was a warrior. I've never seen that fight in which lewis went out in his prime and could stand and bang with a puncher like that.

He was a warrior when he had a huge physical advantage. How could you not fight someone, when you're a fighter and they are publicly calling you chicken?

Thebesteva
12-18-2014, 02:02 PM

You do know he fucked Bowe up during the Olympics right? He nearly ko'd him lol I doubt he would lose to him in the professionals.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-18-2014, 03:35 PM

You fail to mention that Heavyweight has no top weight. Tyson went up against guys 5"+ taller than him to 30+ lbs heavier than him and still knocked the fuck out of them.

IMO, Tyson, in his prime, was the greatest fighter ever. That is what boxing is all about. Great footwork, great defensive ability, great attacks, and the best knockout punch ever.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-18-2014, 03:57 PM
cab drivers? Holmes in 87 was a cab driver? The same Holmes 4 years later took holyfield the distance? Tony Tucker was undefeated and a champion and went the distance with Lennox Lewis years later. Tyson destroyed Ruddock's career through 19 rounds and he was never the same after that . Spinks was older, but he had never been knocked down or out and let's not forget more than a few people were picking spinks in 88(i didn't). Tyson was a defensive specialist. He not only made you miss, but he made you pay. Tyson wasn't just some club fighter like Gatti. You can't be serious. He was one of the best defensive hws of all time.

And reason Tyson had to be defensive has because he was only 5'10, fighting in the HW class where guys avg 6'2" or taller. And Tyson was on the offensive when he was defenisve. It was brilliant boxing to watch him in his prime. Mayweather is always backup and doing 1-2 combos until he wears his opponent. It a sucessful method to winning for him, but imo its boring as hell to watch.

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
You fail to mention that Heavyweight has no top weight. Tyson went up against guys 5"+ taller than him to 30+ lbs heavier than him and still knocked the fuck out of them.

IMO, Tyson, in his prime, was the greatest fighter ever. That is what boxing is all about. Great footwork, great defensive ability, great attacks, and the best knockout punch ever.

Not just the height but also the reach. Tyson's defense is supremely underrated and he had some of the best head movement of any fighter we've ever seen, regardless of weight class. Even Muhammed Ali said that Tyson in his prime would have beaten him. That's about as high praise as you can get from one of the cockiest fighters in boxing history.

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 03:59 PM

Not just the height but also the reach. Tyson's defense is supremely underrated and he had some of the best head movement of any fighter we've ever seen, regardless of weight class. Even Muhammed Ali said that Tyson in his prime would have beaten him. That's about as high praise as you can get from one of the cockiest fighters in boxing history.

Buddy Mignon
12-18-2014, 06:31 PM
You know... in business... ethics is the highest attribute you can have... in religion its honesty... in sports its will... determination... heart. When I look at all of the great fighters throughout the years you can point to one fight that determined how much heart that fighter had. Some fighters were so good that winning was easy, and they rarely had to show heart, but at some point they met their match... and the true nature of that person rose to the occasion. You can judge a mans character by the way he responds to adversity.

If any of what I just said is true... and even you dummies aren't stupid enough to disagree with it... then Tyson should never be mentioned as a great fighter. Inside the ring our outside the ring... when met with adversity he displayed the attribute of a coward.

james evans
12-18-2014, 09:32 PM
You do know he fucked Bowe up during the Olympics right? He nearly ko'd him lol I doubt he would lose to him in the professionals.
I actually mentioned the 88 olympics. Have it on vhs, seen it a ton of times.He didn't fuk him up, he got a couple standing 8 counts which equal knockouts. He didn't knock him out like Clay bey did Joe Mesi. Amatuer fighting is different. I received one standing 8 count in my whole amateur career and I was pissed cuz my head went back from a hard punch and the ref stepped in. I asked him, "does it look like i'm hurt? " Tillman also beat tyson twice in the amatuers. Look what happened in their professional fight. 100s of amatuers fight each other and the result is differnt in the professional ranks. Roy jones beat Tarver in the amatuers.

james evans
12-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Got to disagree bowe could barely handle evander, nothing against holyfield but he was much smaller than bowe and gave him trouble.
Have you ever seen a lennox lewis fight before he became a name in the late 90s? or are you going off what he did from the late 90s and beyond. Not the same fighter by any means. Not even close. Holyfield gave everyone trouble in his prime. Not just bowe. Holyfield would have beat the shit out of lewis in the early 90s. Bowe and holyfield destroyed each others careers by the beatings they put on one another through 3 fights. Lewis was struggling with FRANK BRUNO. Holyfield had something that lewis never had, and that was a chin. You hit him, he keeps coming. You hit lewis that many times flush as a power puncher over and over, he doesn't see the 12th round. He was ko'd by 1 punch twice by journeymen(1 of them a tyson sparring partner). 1 punch ko's TWICE!!!

We can agree to disagree with whom we thought would win, but one thing you CAN'T disagree with is what I posted cuz that's exactly what happened. We can sit here and type our opinions every day, but what you quoted from me actually happened. That was rock newman shit.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 10:04 PM
You know... in business... ethics is the highest attribute you can have... in religion its honesty... in sports its will... determination... heart. When I look at all of the great fighters throughout the years you can point to one fight that determined how much heart that fighter had. Some fighters were so good that winning was easy, and they rarely had to show heart, but at some point they met their match... and the true nature of that person rose to the occasion. You can judge a mans character by the way he responds to adversity.

If any of what I just said is true... and even you dummies aren't stupid enough to disagree with it... then Tyson should never be mentioned as a great fighter. Inside the ring our outside the ring... when met with adversity he displayed the attribute of a coward.

Lol naruto

Thread
12-18-2014, 10:38 PM

Luva