PDA

View Full Version : How does Manu still do it, tbh?

Malik Hairston
12-14-2014, 10:36 PM
37 years old, yet he's still diving on the floor all game for loose balls, flopping everywhere, taking big hits, sacrificing his body, etc..

In a league where some players take games off with :(sore ribs:(, it's an honor to watch a player like Manu Ginobili giving it 100% in meaningless regular season games, tbh..

We'll never see a player like him again:toast

littlecoyotecoin
12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Present

apalisoc_9
12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Manu is a Stud...

ElNono
12-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Warrior, tbh... and he didn't have a great game, but went ahead an nailed that dagger 3 that put the game away... Spurs shouldn't rely on a 37 year old dude to close games, but unfortunately, not a lot of options right now...

Pocho La Pantera
12-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Waiting for The Great Faggot to leave his usual shit.

Malik Hairston
12-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Even when he struggles, though, it's nice to see this nigga diving on the floor and playing like it's game 7, every single game, tbh..

Some players are only 32 years old, and use injuries as excuses..

apalisoc_9
12-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Warrior, tbh... and he didn't have a great game, but went ahead an nailed that dagger 3 that put the game away... Spurs shouldn't rely on a 37 year old dude to close games, but unfortunately, not a lot of options right now...

Best at Recognizing mismatches IMO..

Kawhi had the ball in the post a few times because manu directed the play to him when Kawhi had robinson/lawson..Not dribble the ball for 20 seconds.

SpursFan86
12-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah that's the one thing you can never criticize Manu for...he might play like a jackass at times, but at least he's always giving his 110% out there.

In terms of competitiveness, Manu is right up there with anyone in the history of the league.

Johnny RIngo
12-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Duncan and Manu made for a fantastic big two in the mid-2000s. Probably would have repeated too if the role players weren't so shitty back then(Parker, Finley, Udoka etc). It's amazing that they're still carrying the Spurs into deep playoff runs despite being in their late 30s.

Raven
12-14-2014, 10:52 PM
i personally consider him the goat tbh..

Manutrix
12-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Waiting for The Great Faggot to leave his usual shit.

+1 :lol

Duncan and Manu made for a fantastic big two in the mid-2000s. Probably would have repeated too if the role players weren't so shitty back then(Parker, Finley, Udoka etc). It's amazing that they're still carrying the Spurs into deep playoff runs despite being in their late 30s.

TRU DAT

Spursfanfromafar
12-14-2014, 11:09 PM
He has this competitive gene in him that is possessed only by a few in the league. Kobe has it too, but he also has got egoism bound with it. What makes Manu different is that his competitive gene makes him thrive in a team setting and brings the best out of his colleagues.

Very unique sportsman. Very few in the world have this degree of competitiveness, ego-suppression for the betterment of the team and generally a well rounded individualism. And the guy makes love to pressure too.

cd021
12-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Even when he struggles, though, it's nice to see this nigga diving on the floor and playing like it's game 7, every single game, tbh..

Some players are only 32 years old, and use injuries as excuses..

Wade or nah?

TheGreatYacht
12-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Props to Manu!

Shooting under 50%, 6 assists on 4 turnovers. This performance should bring his season fg% to 40.5 :tu

100%duncan
12-14-2014, 11:51 PM
2nd greatest spur when all is said and done

timtonymanu
12-15-2014, 01:36 AM
:tu

Meanwhile Kobe and Wade can no longer impact games anymore. Manu is a beast.

12-15-2014, 01:43 AM
lmao Manu has injury riddled history so I don't think you can use that to prop him up, and slander Tony.

PÒÓCH
12-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Duct Tape

Malik Hairston
12-15-2014, 01:55 AM
lmao Manu has injury riddled history so I don't think you can use that to prop him up, and slander Tony.

Nobody mentioned Parker..

Why does ST always turn everything into Tony vs. Manu, tbh?:lol..smh..

Ditty
12-15-2014, 02:06 AM
As much as I have a love/hate relationship with Ginobili, he is one of a kind. Dude looks like he can continue to play a couple more seasons still, and is still one of the best playmakers in the league imo.

Too bad James Harden turned into a ugly ball hogging playoff choking faggot who has played for two teams I hate in OKC and Houston. I really thought if anyone came close to be a exciting player like Manu it would of been him, but he chose to just want to score a lot of points in the regular season and not play defense.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-15-2014, 02:20 AM

Because you said "sore ribs :cry" when that's what Parker has?

ElNono
12-15-2014, 02:31 AM
Because you said "sore ribs :cry" when that's what Parker has?

Tony has a mild strain hammy, per the Spurs injury report, tbh...

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-injury-report-update-12/14/14

BillMc
12-15-2014, 05:03 AM
He has this competitive gene in him that is possessed only by a few in the league. Kobe has it too, but he also has got egoism bound with it. What makes Manu different is that his competitive gene makes him thrive in a team setting and brings the best out of his colleagues.

Very unique sportsman. Very few in the world have this degree of competitiveness, ego-suppression for the betterment of the team and generally a well rounded individualism. And the guy makes love to pressure too.

All well said. Manu is a class act, team first guy who is as competitive as they come. That is also a description of Duncan. We Spurs fans have been truly blessed.

Spursfanfromafar
12-15-2014, 05:45 AM
All well said. Manu is a class act, team first guy who is as competitive as they come. That is also a description of Duncan. We Spurs fans have been truly blessed.

Indeed. TD is equally as competitive as Manu, if not better. Just that Manu is a bit more exciting and flashy while TD is staid, solid and consistent. It is going to be a big nightmare for Pop & RCB to find replacements if TD & Manu retire sometime soon (maybe in the next 2 years). I suspect, Pop might just want to hold on to both of them in some kind of roles in the Spurs organization. Manu is definitely coaching material, while TD would be a great big man development coach once he hangs up his boots.

Fireball
12-15-2014, 06:43 AM
Good game from him ... now, next time he gets the ball in a close game and the Spurs are behind 2 points I would like him to attack the basket rather than trying to win the game with a herky-jerk three ... cmon, Manu, you can still do it

Brazil
12-15-2014, 06:51 AM

smh.... I guess in the OP when you mention the 32 y/o with sore ribs you are not turning it into Tony vs. Manu...

not sure why you are acting like a virgin... you are running a Parker sucks and is a vagina schtick and making a great success with the Tony Parker sucks crew, no need to put vanila on it... :cry nobody mentioned Parker :cry Parker is one of my favorite player :cry

EVAY
12-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Tony has a mild strain hammy, per the Spurs injury report, tbh...

http://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-injury-report-update-12/14/14

With the schedule that the team has upcoming, do you think that Parker should play on a "mild strain", risking further damage to it, or do you believe, as many here do, that we are better off without him, and that his "excuses" for not playing should actually help the team?

Uriel
12-15-2014, 11:20 AM
:tu

Meanwhile Kobe and Wade can no longer impact games anymore. Manu is a beast.
Not too sure if trolling Lakers fans, tbh, considering Kobe's Lakers just won in San Antonio a few days ago. :lol

ElNono
12-15-2014, 01:43 PM
With the schedule that the team has upcoming, do you think that Parker should play on a "mild strain", risking further damage to it, or do you believe, as many here do, that we are better off without him, and that his "excuses" for not playing should actually help the team?

I said in the other thread that if he's not healthy, he should sit down. I was just pointing out the "official" reason the team gave for his absence was a strained hammy, not a rib issue, tbh...

I have no horse in this race, tbh...

testies
12-15-2014, 02:08 PM
One of the best competitors of all time, no denying that.

And the organization thanks him by not letting him have a last go with his national team, which is like his family. And Pop thanks him by making fun of his play in interviews. Meanwhile sucks Duncan's cock at every opportunity.

Its really hard to be a Manu fan. I almost stopped cheering for Spurs after that happened

Chinook
12-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Eh, it's Pop who's relying on Manu too much. Should use the RS for other players.

ElNono
12-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Eh, it's Pop who's relying on Manu too much. Should use the RS for other players.

They'll have their chance when both Manu and Tony rest, tbh...

Mikeanaro
12-15-2014, 04:07 PM
ITS A MANU GINOBILI!

emanueldavidginobili
12-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Is there a better overall 37 year old guard than Manu in recent memory?

FkLA
12-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Favorite player of all-time. I named my dog after him. Srs.

Malik Hairston
12-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Favorite player of all-time. I named my dog after him. Srs.

My dog is annoying with his ball, doesn't let any other dogs or our cat near it, so I changed his name to Tony, tbh:lol..

FkLA
12-15-2014, 06:34 PM
My dog is annoying with his ball, doesn't let any other dogs or our cat near it, so I changed his name to Tony, tbh:lol..

:lol

ElNono
12-15-2014, 06:53 PM

:lol

Kool Bob Love
12-15-2014, 07:10 PM
2nd greatest spur when all is said and done

I been telling peeps on here the same damn thing.

Manu da GAWD. :worthy:

100%duncan
12-15-2014, 07:59 PM
I been telling peeps on here the same damn thing.

Manu da GAWD. :worthy:

:bobo tbh.