View Full Version : 5 games in 7 nights record watch

100%duncan
12-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Denver- Win

Portland- ???

Memphis-???

Portland-???

Dallas-???

Tough week, and a wrong time to be injured. Let's see how Pop handles the minutes and how the players react.

Splits
12-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Rough stretch between now and end of year. These next 4 followed by Clippers, Thunder, Pelicans, Rockets, Grizzlies, Pelicans to close the year...

I'll say 2-2 over the next 4 losing both the road games.

DieHardSpursFan1537
12-15-2014, 11:21 AM
That's a brutal line-up. Hopefully they can get at least two of 'em.

Diego20
12-15-2014, 12:45 PM
5 wins in 7 nights

Ditty
12-15-2014, 01:39 PM
4-1

Either losing tonight or in Dallas on Saturday.

ElNono
12-15-2014, 01:52 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/1e53a553ac167fcd0b8d7d3960bc86ce/tumblr_inline_n8mu84mUUJ1reu1xh.jpg

mkurts
12-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Shit scheduling

Dex
12-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Shit scheduling

Thats how it goes when you play in the West.

BatManu20
12-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Where's the official game thread tbh

BatManu20
12-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Lakers back to tanking.

Down 46-14 to the Pacers in the 2nd qtr. :lol

Lakers 4-30 shooting :lol

BatManu20
12-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Lakers down 53-19 now :lol

100%duncan
12-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Damn so many key players out for tonight. Would have been a great game for MVPatty. Let's hope Kawhi brings us to victory.

12-15-2014, 08:06 PM
3-1

Mikeanaro
12-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Lakers down 53-19 now :lol
I just came home, saw your message and was going to say you GET OUT, now Im checking the game and WHERE ARE KLOBS AND SWAMP TO SAVE THE DAY? this shit is for real.

Arcadian
12-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Boring. Wake me up in April.

Still, I expect a sweep.

100%duncan
12-16-2014, 05:10 AM
1-1. Bump

Chomag
12-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Boring. Wake me up in April.

Still, I expect a sweep.

What are you guys going to do when the Spurs eventually become average to mediocre? Just curious.

I think We have become custom at wining it all for so long many here have forgotten that it takes a whole journey. Many expect Spurs to just be their at the end because they are the Spurs, It's like picking up a book series and only caring to read the last chapter just because you expect the Hero to win.

Be it either cliff jumping or lack of interest with the famous "It's only (insert month)" I think spoiled fans tends to go both ways around here.

Cry Havoc
12-16-2014, 01:19 PM
I'd like to see us show up and give Memphis a hell of a surprise.

We really need Patty and Tiago to be 100% though. They take so much workload off the rest of our guys.

SpurSwag
12-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Am I the only one that feels like Memphis is pretty much always a guaranteed win? Sure, we might lose when we play them, but I feel like we match up so well against them. Tim and Splitter guard ZBo and Randolph really well, along with Bonner who has actually done a really nice job against ZBo too in recent years

100%duncan
12-16-2014, 04:37 PM
I'd like to see us show up and give Memphis a hell of a surprise.

We really need Patty and Tiago to be 100% though. They take so much workload off the rest of our guys.

Whi and TP out for the game. I still think we can beat them though if Tiago plays.

Arcadian
12-16-2014, 05:30 PM
What are you guys going to do when the Spurs eventually become average to mediocre? Just curious.

I think We have become custom at wining it all for so long many here have forgotten that it takes a whole journey. Many expect Spurs to just be their at the end because they are the Spurs, It's like picking up a book series and only caring to read the last chapter just because you expect the Hero to win.

Be it either cliff jumping or lack of interest with the famous "It's only (insert month)" I think spoiled fans tends to go both ways around here.

Haha. I don't know. I can't imagine being a fan of a shitty franchise. All I can say is, watching basketball will be a lot less fun when my favorite team isn't good. But at least I'll know they were once the best franchise in pro sports. Will that make me a stereotypical old man who can't stop reliving the "glory days"? Maybe. But it would be justified.

You must admit, though, that cliff-jumpers are far worse than optimists like me. Not only are they delusional, but they lack mental fortitude. They cliff-jump because they can't handle the possibility of their team not being good anymore. Pussies.

Cry Havoc
12-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Haha. I don't know. I can't imagine being a fan of a shitty franchise. All I can say is, watching basketball will be a lot less fun when my favorite team isn't good. But at least I'll know they were once the best franchise in pro sports. Will that make me a stereotypical old man who can't stop reliving the "glory days"? Maybe. But it would be justified.

You must admit, though, that cliff-jumpers are far worse than optimists like me. Not only are they delusional, but they lack mental fortitude. They cliff-jump because they can't handle the possibility of their team not being good anymore. Pussies.

Well said. It's one thing to be pessimistic about a team's chances, but actively hating your own players is a new low that's usually reserved for Philly and Lakers fans. Disgusting.

100%duncan
12-16-2014, 05:55 PM

I promised myself in 2013 that if we ever managed to get 5, I'll live a happy and contented life as a Spurs fan no matter what. :lol

Harry Callahan
12-16-2014, 10:02 PM
The day to day grind of this year so far gets to be frustrating when the Spurs win the whole thing like they did last year.

It's also hard for some to remember the struggles against the so-called "Elite" teams of the West in November and December. It was a big concern early.

This team needs ALL of its components in place and healthy to rock and roll. That situation has been in place exactly ZERO minutes this year and we're 25 games in.

I could envision the Spurs being like the 94-95 Rockets that struggled with health in the regular season (Olajuwon with leg issues) and trades (Drexler coming in from Portland I think) and then catching fire as a 6 seed and getting it done. I'm hoping the Spurs can secure home court for a round or two but I can't see a one seed coming to pass given the health issues so far.

IIRC, that Houston team did not have home court in any round that year.

Sean Cagney
12-17-2014, 03:57 AM
The day to day grind of this year so far gets to be frustrating when the Spurs win the whole thing like they did last year.

It's also hard for some to remember the struggles against the so-called "Elite" teams of the West in November and December. It was a big concern early.

This team needs ALL of its components in place and healthy to rock and roll. That situation has been in place exactly ZERO minutes this year and we're 25 games in.

I could envision the Spurs being like the 94-95 Rockets that struggled with health in the regular season (Olajuwon with leg issues) and trades (Drexler coming in from Portland I think) and then catching fire as a 6 seed and getting it done. I'm hoping the Spurs can secure home court for a round or two but I can't see a one seed coming to pass given the health issues so far.

IIRC, that Houston team did not have home court in any round that year.
I thought of that Rockets team today and remember the injuries they had and they caught fire late and got healthy as we all know on the way to the title. I agree and I hope it just like that. I don't want the Spurs to be the 6th seed honestly but who cares if they can bring home another title? I just hope they get healthy in time.