PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Obama: President Praises San Antonio Spurs

ElNono
12-16-2014, 01:56 AM
Thanks Obama: President Praises San Antonio Spurs

Noted basketball fan President Barack Obama gave some love to the San Antonio Spurs yesterday. The president was a guest on the Friday episode of ESPN Radio's The Herd With Cowlin Cowherd (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd). During the course of the interview, he expressed his admiration to San Antonio's NBA franchise, a team he respects for their selfless nature and how well they work together.

"There's something to be said for team chemistry," Obama said. "And you look at San Antonio and how they've performed. Part of it that is just Popovich, Parker, Duncan, Ginobili. They know each other and the system. And they trust it. The people are selfless. And It takes time to develop that kind of chemistry."

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2014/12/13/thanks-obama-president-praises-san-antonio-spurs

ElNono
12-16-2014, 01:57 AM
BTW, when it's the White House visit?

Robz4000
12-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Never

Cloud786
12-16-2014, 02:09 AM
BTW, when it's the White House visit?

probably when we go play the Wizards in DC which is on Jan 13

ElNono
12-16-2014, 03:11 AM
probably when we go play the Wizards in DC which is on Jan 13

:tu

Uriel
12-16-2014, 06:40 AM
:bobo

UZER
12-16-2014, 09:34 AM
During interview praising team work , he signed another executive order.

cjw
12-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Amazingly, both Duncan and Kobe will have done WH visits with three presidents:

- Duncan: Clinton (99), W (03 05 07), Obama (14)
- Kobe: Clinton (00), W (01, 02), Obama (09, 10) ... though on edit, looks like Lakers didn't make it in 2000 so Clinton sort of doesn't count.

Duncan wins again.

elege
12-16-2014, 11:35 AM

What would you do if your congress was full of Jeff Ayreses?

Cry Havoc
12-16-2014, 12:36 PM
I predict this thread will be nice and respectful.

Russ
12-16-2014, 12:45 PM

Just like Pop would (praise teamwork but show whose in charge)!

BatManu20
12-16-2014, 01:38 PM
No one is more excited about the White House Visit than hardcore left-wing Pop tbh. Prop counting down the days.

SpurPadre
12-16-2014, 02:07 PM

Good for him and us, tbh.

sammy
12-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Thank you Mr. President!

spurs10
12-16-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm really happy for them. All the international players on the team are sure to be proud to represent their nation and meet the President.

rmt
12-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Thank you Mr. President!

Thanks, Obama, for my family's health care premiums going up 80% from $7000 to $12,600 - way to stick it to the working middle class. I'm so mad I don't want to watch the Spurs go to the White House. And I've really savored everything about this last championship, but when the pocketbook hurts ...well, not even the Spurs can cheer me up. There goes my IRA to pay for some one else's subsidy.

Mikeanaro
12-16-2014, 04:15 PM
I wont vote Obama the next election.

skulls138
12-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Cowherd mustve hated that being such Spurs denier and Lebron, OKC knob slobber.

Godbama
12-16-2014, 06:58 PM
THEY TOOK URRR JEEEERBS!!!!!

EVAY
12-16-2014, 08:07 PM

Noted basketball fan President Barack Obama gave some love to the San Antonio Spurs yesterday. The president was a guest on the Friday episode of ESPN Radio's The Herd With Cowlin Cowherd (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd). During the course of the interview, he expressed his admiration to San Antonio's NBA franchise, a team he respects for their selfless nature and how well they work together.

"There's something to be said for team chemistry," Obama said. "And you look at San Antonio and how they've performed. Part of it that is just Popovich, Parker, Duncan, Ginobili. They know each other and the system. And they trust it. The people are selfless. And It takes time to develop that kind of chemistry."

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2014/12/13/thanks-obama-president-praises-san-antonio-spurs

Obama is likely jealous of the kind of chemistry that the Spurs have. HIs 'team' appears to have been a bit fractured.

He does follow a lot of basketball though.

Sean Cagney
12-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks, Obama, for my family's health care premiums going up 80% from $7000 to $12,600 - way to stick it to the working middle class. I'm so mad I don't want to watch the Spurs go to the White House. And I've really savored everything about this last championship, but when the pocketbook hurts ...well, not even the Spurs can cheer me up. There goes my IRA to pay for some one else's subsidy.
This ^^^^^^^^

buujness
12-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Having the President offer good things to say about our favorite team is pretty cool. The office itself deserves some respect, regardless of policy.

rmt
12-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Having the President offer good things to say about our favorite team is pretty cool. The office itself deserves some respect, regardless of policy.

What is respectful about a constitutional scholar who claimed 20+ times on video that he can't write laws turning around and changing law (showing NO RESPECT for the legislative branch of government and the separation/balance of power)?

Godbama
12-17-2014, 05:22 PM
OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAaaaa

I CAN'T EVEN FUCK MY WIFE THAT'S HOW ANGRY I AM ABOUT OBAMA!!!! I CAN'T EVEN SLEEP BECAUSE OF BAMAA!!!!!!!!

MORE LIKE OBUMMER AM I RIGHT!!! OR OBONGO@!!!!!

HYUK HYUK HYUK

HEY GUYS WHO WANTS TO GO FUCK A PIG AND VOTE FOR SOME REAL AMERICANS, WE CAN DRIVE THROUGH THE DESICCATED METH-HEAD FLY-OVER WASTELAND OF OUR CULTURAL NO-MAN'S LAND. I'LL GET MY PICKUP TRUCK SO YOU CAN FIT YOUR MORBIDLY OBESE WIFE

stop blaming all your problems on Obama and pull yourself up by your own bootstraps! Obama's responsible for all your problems huh? Sounds like a buncha excuses from can't-doers. SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY WANTS A HANDOUT!!! Have some personal responsibility lol this is fun :bobo

boutons_deux
12-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Thanks, Obama, for my family's health care premiums going up 80% from $7000 to $12,600 -

dumbfuck, ACA doesn't set insurance prices AT ALL. bitch at your insurance company, they wrote ACA, not Obama.

Godbama
12-17-2014, 05:48 PM

This ^^^^^^^^
CUT THE EXCUSES AND PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR OWN BOOTSTRAPS!
TAKE SOME PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!

sammy
12-17-2014, 07:17 PM

Hey dumbass! We don't want to hear your hatred for the President! Go to another board to spew your hateful crap! This is about the President praising our great team! Idiot!

SupremeGuy
12-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Obama, for my family's health care premiums going up 80% from $7000 to $12,600 - way to stick it to the working middle class. I'm so mad I don't want to watch the Spurs go to the White House. And I've really savored everything about this last championship, but when the pocketbook hurts ...well, not even the Spurs can cheer me up. There goes my IRA to pay for some one else's subsidy.This guy knows what he's talking about, tbh.

My premiums went up like a bitch.

boutons_deux
12-17-2014, 08:04 PM
This guy knows what he's talking about, tbh.

My premiums went up like a bitch.

dumbfuck, ACA doesn't set insurance prices AT ALL. bitch at your insurance company, they wrote ACA, not Obama.

Sean Cagney
12-17-2014, 08:31 PM
CUT THE EXCUSES AND PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR OWN BOOTSTRAPS!
TAKE SOME PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!

I thought I could keep my insurance he said but work cut my good rate out and now I will pay more elsewhere. F him... That is all. Btw that is not an excuse that is a FACT.

Sean Cagney
12-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Btw lol at his name, got trolled... Godbama lol.

SupremeGuy
12-17-2014, 09:17 PM

Yeah dumbfuck, Obamacare has nothing to do with it right? You fucking idiot.

KL2
12-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Must be an honor getting to meet the man they voted for.

itsamanuthree
12-17-2014, 10:25 PM
LOL @ believing private healthcare is EVER going to give A SHIT about the middle class if the gov stays out of their business and just hands them full control (oh, they already have it).

Market will regulate itself LOLOLOL, that has to be top 10 outright in-your-face lies the American middle-class has been not only lead to believe in, but vote for! Fucking un-be-lie-va-ble. It's like shitting in your living room's carpet. And it's been going on for? Four, five decades? :O

Godbama
12-18-2014, 12:52 PM
I thought I could keep my insurance he said but work cut my good rate out and now I will pay more elsewhere. F him... That is all. Btw that is not an excuse that is a FACT.

YEAH YEAH, YEAH, PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR OWN BOOTSTRAPS AND STOP POINTING FINGERS AT OTHERS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS! THAT'S WHAT AYN RAND WOULD SAY! HAVE SOME PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!

Sean Cagney
12-18-2014, 03:07 PM
YEAH YEAH, YEAH, PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR OWN BOOTSTRAPS AND STOP POINTING FINGERS AT OTHERS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS! THAT'S WHAT AYN RAND WOULD SAY! HAVE SOME PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!
STFU and make sense, it's his fault Healthcare prices rose not us the people. Trolls :lol:lol

Yep, these apologists are idiots or just in denial. Obamacare has ALOT to do with it whether his fan boys try to deny it or try to push some of the blame elsewhere. One idiot in here tells me to step up or this or that because my healthcare I had to switch and it will be alot higher now. Obamacare is a joke to stick us once again as the people.

HI-FI
12-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Lol. Pretty much.

least Pop will be overjoyed to meet the greatest Nobel prize winner.

Godbama
12-18-2014, 05:47 PM
STFU and make sense, it's his fault Healthcare prices rose not us the people. Trolls :lol:lol

Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps and stop being a victim. Sounds like all you're good at is complaining and pointing fingers.
HAVE. SOME. PERSONAL. RESPONSIBILITY. This is America, you know how many new millionaires have succeeded during the Obama administration? What's your excuse?

WAH WAH WAH HIS FAULT. THEIR FAULT.

commie.

(I love Ayn Randing people, the secret is you can throw it in anyone's face)

poop
12-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Its cool that he gave the spurs some love. But he is still a peice of shit

Sean Cagney
12-19-2014, 03:30 AM
Its cool that he gave the spurs some love. But he is still a peice of shit

He is horrible, not going to argue with that clown Godbama and his bullshit above but I agree with you and others in here 100%. He sucks.

itsamanuthree
12-19-2014, 07:29 AM
I agree, he sucks, I hoped we would see real change, but it's the same thing. It seems there's a single party in the US these days.

I recommend documentary Fed Up (2014, there's an older one with same name). It shows how Michelle radically changed her campaign against obesity, from "eat less junk" to "do more exercise", clearly giving in to the food industry's demands. On a side note, the documentary explains processed food is BY FAR the MAIN PROBLEM behind obesity and other alimentary disorders. People simply can't expect to eat processed food every day and stay healthy doing exercise, not realistic.

wildchild
12-19-2014, 08:33 AM
"Michelle Obama decided to use her influential position to help Boris Diaw get into healthy food program to solve his obesity issue. Let's Move Boris!"

:bobo

rmt
12-19-2014, 11:17 AM
It's the WORKING middle class who doesn't qualify for subsidies that's gonna get screwed the most. Those with subsidies will also feel the pain but in the area of either not being able to find a doctor or waiting a LONG time (because of narrow networks). Everybody will feel the pain of higher deductibles and higher co-pays.

This is the crappiest piece of legislation EVER. For those of you who have employer sponsored insurance, you too will feel the pain - the cadillac tax plan will apply to ALL policies eventually (the limit goes up at the rate of inflation - very low - compared to the plans going up by medical rate of inflation - much higher). The union workers are gonna feel it first. Explain to me how Obamacare can add millions of uninsured and someone not pay for it? People must think that money for these subsidies and Medicaid grow on trees.

Should all males and children have to pay for birth control pills, pap smears and mammograms? Should all adults have to have pediatric dental and vision coverage? Should all females have to have prostate exam coverage? Is anybody surprised that premiums are going to go through the roof with unnecessary coverage? What about all the companies cutting back workers to less than 30 hours to avoid paying for Obamacare? How is the american worker gonna compete against an illegal immigrant who a company doesn't have to pay health insurance for? How about the medical device tax that's has companies cutting jobs or running abroad? How about the cuts to Medicare to pay for this massive overreach legislation?

Don't talk to me about personal responsibility. I'm just trying to survive in the US where the president doesn't care one hoot about the American middle class. Almost everything he does is to gain votes for his party - from the REDISTRIBUTION of wealth that is Obamacare to illegal amnesty. The government needs to keep its hands off my hard earned money - I'd like to spend what little of it on what I choose - not hand it over for someone's else's health care premiums, food stamps, cell phone or subsidized housing - every able bodied adult should be working - making sandwiches, helping the elderly, cleaning public buildings - anything productive, not just sit on their butts collecting welfare. LOL, at Godbama calling me a commie - you should look at your president - that's the direction he's moving us all to - to an America where people can't get ahead by working hard, where it's better to not work and collect welfare.

boutons_deux
12-19-2014, 11:45 AM

Obamacare was a pretext, an opportunity for the health industry to screw clients, you stupid fuck, just like the health care industry has been doing for decades, you stupid fuck.

rmt
12-19-2014, 01:35 PM
I agree, he sucks, I hoped we would see real change, but it's the same thing. It seems there's a single party in the US these days.

I recommend documentary Fed Up (2014, there's an older one with same name). It shows how Michelle radically changed her campaign against obesity, from "eat less junk" to "do more exercise", clearly giving in to the food industry's demands. On a side note, the documentary explains processed food is BY FAR the MAIN PROBLEM behind obesity and other alimentary disorders. People simply can't expect to eat processed food every day and stay healthy doing exercise, not realistic.

IMO, obesity is caused by the high carb, low fat diet pushed by many in govt (food pyramid) and industry. When I developed diabetes (heredity), I went on a low-carb, high fat diet and lost a lot of weight. Now I eat as much bacon, butter, coconut oil, etc. as I want with low-carbs (no fruit except avocado and olives, no root vegetables). High fat, low-carb - lots of energy, perfect lab numbers - guaranteed to lose weight and I didn't exercise to lose the weight either.

itsamanuthree
12-19-2014, 02:03 PM
IMO, obesity is caused by the high carb, low fat diet pushed by many in govt (food pyramid) and industry. When I developed diabetes (heredity), I went on a low-carb, high fat diet and lost a lot of weight. Now I eat as much bacon, butter, coconut oil, etc. as I want with low-carbs (no fruit except avocado and olives, no root vegetables). High fat, low-carb - lots of energy, perfect lab numbers - guaranteed to lose weight and I didn't exercise to lose the weight either.

That's great. The problem, according to the documentary is not bacon, butter, or even sugar alone, the problem is PROCESSED FOOD. Junk food, just look at the name, is made of extremely low quality ingridients, and has a lot of sugar, which is cheap AND, most of all, creates ADICTION, this is a proven fact. IT's not the fact that you eat sugar, it's how much sugar do you eat, and processed food has WAY TOO MUCH of it.

But since the US is a country controlled by lobbies, government doesn't have a serious program to create awareness of the very REAL risks of eating junk food, because that would mean, of course, less people willing to buy processed food. And, once more, we can all see (those who aren't blind, that is) how the US government is not really concerned with PROTECTING AMERICAN CITIZENS, but with PROTECTING PRIVATE CORPORATIONS' INTERESTS, that is, their profits.

On a side note, I remember them mentioning in that documentary that there was a perhaps even more dangerous case than the obese, which was people that are skinny, but actually have obese levels of fat in their organism. All because of their consumption of processed fast food.

boutons_deux
12-19-2014, 02:11 PM
"people that are skinny, but actually have obese levels of fat in their organism."

There was study many years ago of Finnish outdoor manual workers, all extremely lean, but victims of CVD due to a diet of very high levels of animal fats.

to be avoided, minimized (but VERY hard in USA): all grains and grain products, processed/dead/packaged foods, factory mammal meat/fat, factory turkey/chicken.

itsamanuthree
12-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Oh, and by the way, I'm not really following this Obamacare law (I don't live in the US), but in general terms, the idea is that the government gives free healthcare to citizens who can't pay it, by primarily taxing BIG corporations making BILLIONS of dollars (because they can cope with these taxes and still make BILLIONS), and only a fraction of what's spent on that coming from the middle class. That way, you allow the middle class to keep growing, and, big corporations making billions will still be there, making biliions.

But, once more, as I deduce from other messages here, that's not what's happening, there's not a special tax on healthcare corporations to pay for public health. Why? Well, pretty obvious, corporations don't want to give money away, and since they controll the country, congressmen will never approve such a law to tax considerably MORE those who have CONSIDERABLY MORE, and they will run this "government taking steps towards comunism" campaigns on Fox, and will spend millions brainwashing people into believing taxing mega corporations is a bad thing.

boutons_deux
12-19-2014, 02:36 PM
"the government gives free healthcare to citizens who can't pay it, by primarily taxing BIG corporations making BILLIONS of dollars"

that bullshit is NOT what ACA does

rmt
12-19-2014, 02:41 PM
"people that are skinny, but actually have obese levels of fat in their organism."

There was study many years ago of Finnish outdoor manual workers, all extremely lean, but victims of CVD due to a diet of very high levels of animal fats.

to be avoided, minimized (but VERY hard in USA): all grains and grain products, processed/dead/packaged foods, factory mammal meat/fat, factory turkey/chicken.

I agree with the grain/grain products, processed/dead/packaged foods. The problem with the meats is the ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 fats from the animals being fed grain but the whole nation being grass-fed, open range is not practical cost or production wise. To counter I give my family fish oil or cod liver oil since I can't afford grass-fed, open range meats. Of course, hydrogenated fats, trans fats are no-nos but lots of olive oil, coconut oil, butter is fine.

SupremeGuy
12-19-2014, 02:45 PM
It's the WORKING middle class who doesn't qualify for subsidies that's gonna get screwed the most. Those with subsidies will also feel the pain but in the area of either not being able to find a doctor or waiting a LONG time (because of narrow networks). Everybody will feel the pain of higher deductibles and higher co-pays.

This is the crappiest piece of legislation EVER. For those of you who have employer sponsored insurance, you too will feel the pain - the cadillac tax plan will apply to ALL policies eventually (the limit goes up at the rate of inflation - very low - compared to the plans going up by medical rate of inflation - much higher). The union workers are gonna feel it first. Explain to me how Obamacare can add millions of uninsured and someone not pay for it? People must think that money for these subsidies and Medicaid grow on trees.

Should all males and children have to pay for birth control pills, pap smears and mammograms? Should all adults have to have pediatric dental and vision coverage? Should all females have to have prostate exam coverage? Is anybody surprised that premiums are going to go through the roof with unnecessary coverage? What about all the companies cutting back workers to less than 30 hours to avoid paying for Obamacare? How is the american worker gonna compete against an illegal immigrant who a company doesn't have to pay health insurance for? How about the medical device tax that's has companies cutting jobs or running abroad? How about the cuts to Medicare to pay for this massive overreach legislation?

Don't talk to me about personal responsibility. I'm just trying to survive in the US where the president doesn't care one hoot about the American middle class. Almost everything he does is to gain votes for his party - from the REDISTRIBUTION of wealth that is Obamacare to illegal amnesty. The government needs to keep its hands off my hard earned money - I'd like to spend what little of it on what I choose - not hand it over for someone's else's health care premiums, food stamps, cell phone or subsidized housing - every able bodied adult should be working - making sandwiches, helping the elderly, cleaning public buildings - anything productive, not just sit on their butts collecting welfare. LOL, at Godbama calling me a commie - you should look at your president - that's the direction he's moving us all to - to an America where people can't get ahead by working hard, where it's better to not work and collect welfare.http://media.giphy.com/media/ZU9QbQtuI4Xcc/giphy.gif

rmt
12-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Oh, and by the way, I'm not really following this Obamacare law (I don't live in the US), but in general terms, the idea is that the government gives free healthcare to citizens who can't pay it, by primarily taxing BIG corporations making BILLIONS of dollars (because they can cope with these taxes and still make BILLIONS), and only a fraction of what's spent on that coming from the middle class. That way, you allow the middle class to keep growing, and, big corporations making billions will still be there, making biliions.

But, once more, as I deduce from other messages here, that's not what's happening, there's not a special tax on healthcare corporations to pay for public health. Why? Well, pretty obvious, corporations don't want to give money away, and since they controll the country, congressmen will never approve such a law to tax considerably MORE those who have CONSIDERABLY MORE, and they will run this "government taking steps towards comunism" campaigns on Fox, and will spend millions brainwashing people into believing taxing mega corporations is a bad thing.

The problem with taxing corporations is that the cost is passed on to the consumer see Jonathan Gruber admitting that they deceived the American voter by saying they were gonna tax the insurance companies knowing full well that that cost will be passed on to the consumer. Excessive taxes also causes corporations to go abroad. My husband's company did that - set up their headquarters in Ireland.

Here are some suggestions:
1. Tort reform FIRST - make the side that loses pay - that'll cut down on needless lawsuits and contain unnecessary testing/costs.
2. Open up competition across state lines - make it like auto insurance where I can shop with Geico, Progressive. Every body has to have CHEAP catastrophic insurance (like PIP) and you add on whatever other coverage you want. This way everyone is protected against medical disaster such as cancer, heart attack but the small items (like an oil change/checkups) you SHOP AROUND (prices posted like lasik surgery) and pay for with
3. HSA (Health Savings Accounts) - everybody gets the same amount in a tax free account
4. Premiums based on age - not income - takes away the incentive to NOT work and doesn't penalize the young.
5. Pre-existing conditions - just like employment insurance - if there are no gaps in insurance, no pre-existing conditions.

Medicaid and Medicare - as before Obamacare. Competition drives down prices and no government involvement (no extra layer/cost of administration). People get what they want/need - not this mandated 10 essential coverages that Uncle Sam has decided that everybody must have.

cd98
12-19-2014, 03:20 PM

You're right, ACA doesn't set insurance prices. But it mandates that everyone get insurance, including incredibly sick people, and it requires that insurance companies on the exchanges cover all illnesses, including preexisting illnesses. To pay for the new insureds (who can't afford insurance on their own), and particularly the very sick ones, it requires a rise in premiums. Sure the insurance companies were more than willing to take advantage of Obama's push for universal insurance. They love that everyone has to buy insurance. But don't act like Obama didn't know exactly what would happen with premiums under his law and don't forget that he openly recruited insurance companies to help in drafting the law and selling it to the American people. His hands aren't clean and blaming insurance companies alone shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how the law was designed to work. If it makes you feel better, the insurance companies will all by whining and out of business when the government moves to the next step of pushing everyone into government insurance when the free market can no longer provide "affordable" health care insurance. Remember that insurance companies are getting bailouts from the government from the shortfall of premiums coming in and payments going out. That bail out won't last forever.

cd98
12-19-2014, 03:24 PM
"the government gives free healthcare to citizens who can't pay it, by primarily taxing BIG corporations making BILLIONS of dollars"

that bullshit is NOT what ACA does This is only partially incorrect. Corporations, big and small, that choose to keep providing insurance must bear the cost of rising premiums. Eventually, most will stop doing that and just send their employees to the exchange (as the law was designed to do). Ultimately, it will be the general public that already could afford insurance that will fund the health care of those that could not afford it. The cost increases eventually get pushed onto the middle class per usual.

Budkin
12-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Take this political shit to the other forum.

itsamanuthree
12-19-2014, 05:09 PM
The problem with taxing corporations is that the cost is passed on to the consumer see Jonathan Gruber admitting that they deceived the American voter by saying they were gonna tax the insurance companies knowing full well that that cost will be passed on to the consumer. Excessive taxes also causes corporations to go abroad. My husband's company did that - set up their headquarters in Ireland.

Here are some suggestions:
1. Tort reform FIRST - make the side that loses pay - that'll cut down on needless lawsuits and contain unnecessary testing/costs.
2. Open up competition across state lines - make it like auto insurance where I can shop with Geico, Progressive. Every body has to have CHEAP catastrophic insurance (like PIP) and you add on whatever other coverage you want. This way everyone is protected against medical disaster such as cancer, heart attack but the small items (like an oil change/checkups) you SHOP AROUND (prices posted like lasik surgery) and pay for with
3. HSA (Health Savings Accounts) - everybody gets the same amount in a tax free account
4. Premiums based on age - not income - takes away the incentive to NOT work and doesn't penalize the young.
5. Pre-existing conditions - just like employment insurance - if there are no gaps in insurance, no pre-existing conditions.

Medicaid and Medicare - as before Obamacare. Competition drives down prices and no government involvement (no extra layer/cost of administration). People get what they want/need - not this mandated 10 essential coverages that Uncle Sam has decided that everybody must have.

Fine, let's see the problem. We tax big corporations.

1. They make the consumer indirectly pay the tax.

The state does something. If the company is selling products or services which are considered basic needs, the state can put a cap on how much that can cost. Hey, companies, you can make money with these things, healthcare, food, water, electricity, etc., but the state will put a limit on that, because it needs to guarantee everybody has fair access to those basic needs, regardless.

2. The company goes abroad. Fuck it. This is the whole mentality we should change in the world. Let it go, there will be a market they left unexploited and another company will fill that space. It takes time? Yes it does. The company moving abroad might hurt the economy? Yes, it might. But in no way that will be permanent. Other manufacturers or whatever will inexorably take its place. That is, of course, if the taxes still allow the corporations to make a profit.

But these "hey, watch it, or I'll go abroad" apocalipsis speech is just that. Corporations arent stupid. If they can still make money, they will stay, and if they are leaving not because even taxes they make a lot of mony, but because they are making a political statement, or more than that, they are making a political and economical move with a very real political and economical effect on society, then we need to wake the fuck up and asks ourselves how the heck did we end up in this situation, with corporations having enough power to shake or even destroy a country if its laws are not pleasing them. When it should be the other fucking way around, companies should ADAPT to wahtever laws or rules the SOCIETY has set.

Spurminator
12-19-2014, 05:50 PM

:lol You knew exactly what you were doing, didn't you?

ElNono
12-19-2014, 06:48 PM
:lol You knew exactly what you were doing, didn't you?

:lol

:lmao

Mr Bones
12-19-2014, 08:15 PM
I predict this thread will be nice and respectful.

Well done.

rmt
12-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Fine, let's see the problem. We tax big corporations.

1. They make the consumer indirectly pay the tax.

The state does something. If the company is selling products or services which are considered basic needs, the state can put a cap on how much that can cost. Hey, companies, you can make money with these things, healthcare, food, water, electricity, etc., but the state will put a limit on that, because it needs to guarantee everybody has fair access to those basic needs, regardless.

2. The company goes abroad. Fuck it. This is the whole mentality we should change in the world. Let it go, there will be a market they left unexploited and another company will fill that space. It takes time? Yes it does. The company moving abroad might hurt the economy? Yes, it might. But in no way that will be permanent. Other manufacturers or whatever will inexorably take its place. That is, of course, if the taxes still allow the corporations to make a profit.

But these "hey, watch it, or I'll go abroad" apocalipsis speech is just that. Corporations arent stupid. If they can still make money, they will stay, and if they are leaving not because even taxes they make a lot of mony, but because they are making a political statement, or more than that, they are making a political and economical move with a very real political and economical effect on society, then we need to wake the fuck up and asks ourselves how the heck did we end up in this situation, with corporations having enough power to shake or even destroy a country if its laws are not pleasing them. When it should be the other fucking way around, companies should ADAPT to wahtever laws or rules the SOCIETY has set.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. When I say that they leave, I meant that they move their headquarters to a different country e.g. Burger King moved their headquarters to Canada. I don't mean that any of their franchises moved or that they closed any Burger Kings, just that instead of paying 40% taxes to the US, BK pays 26% taxes to Canada. Companies are gonna do (legally) whatever they can to cut costs.

itsamanuthree
12-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Companies are gonna do (legally) whatever they can to cut costs.

Only legally? Come on...

hooperflash
09-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Spurs Special Forces hoping for another meeting with the POTUS.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/11953123_10204911509647198_1635306592364934467_n.j pg?oh=cb33389728667bda87ae5c1b06d8bf76&oe=5663B6C3

SuperCam
09-03-2015, 11:49 PM
smh kiwi not showing the POTUS proper respect with some thumbs in his pocket bullshit :nope

K...
09-03-2015, 11:52 PM
Danny green be thinking that office his soon

09-04-2015, 12:08 AM
smh kiwi not showing the POTUS proper respect with some thumbs in his pocket bullshit :nope

:lmao the only beta in the room with his thumbs in his pocket

SuperCam
09-04-2015, 12:12 AM

this mfer is on the spectrum i swear to god, smh. another reason pop had to bring an alpha in

09-04-2015, 12:16 AM
this mfer is on the spectrum i swear to god, smh. another reason pop had to bring an alpha in

LMAlpha and Duncan going to take us to the promised land :worthy:

spurtech09
09-04-2015, 12:19 AM
smh kiwi not showing the POTUS proper respect with some thumbs in his pocket bullshit :nopeBecause KL Knows that Obama is going to destroy America.....Crazy Obama is doing that right now...... wake up people.....proper respects to Jesus

hooperflash
09-04-2015, 12:23 AM
Everyone in the room are just preparing to put up the "Hand" sign for Kawhi, tbh.

HI-FI
09-04-2015, 01:06 AM
nigga's hands are too big for pockets.

TheGreatYacht
09-04-2015, 01:32 AM
Probably salty the president went 2/2 when shit was on the line, tbh.....

:hat

DeRozan m8
09-04-2015, 02:46 AM
Jeff Ayres in the fucking White House LMAO

Still better than Obama though

09-04-2015, 03:53 AM
nigga's hands are too big for pockets.
I wouldn't be surprised but still :lol

He couldv'e just crossed his hands like every other guy in the room. He just had to go against the grain :madrun

dabom
09-04-2015, 05:18 AM
Spurs Special Forces hoping for another meeting with the POTUS.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-9/11953123_10204911509647198_1635306592364934467_n.j pg?oh=cb33389728667bda87ae5c1b06d8bf76&oe=5663B6C3

No porker. Did not want to be associated with the president. Fucking frenchy. :lmao

Or was he just eating some snacks tbh. :lmao

DeRozan m8
09-04-2015, 05:38 AM
This photo just makes me love Kawhi even more, he knows what a fraud Obama is, he's sticking it back

eric365
09-04-2015, 07:53 AM
It s sad that more and more postee are bashing kawhi because of 4 or 5 unbearable stans

UNT Eagles 2016
09-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Probably salty the president went 2/2 when shit was on the line, tbh.....

:hat
Won two elections, lost the country. By the time Kawhi reaches Tim's age, basketball won't exist due to its declaration as haram under the Sharia Constitution of the Daulah Islamia fi al-Amrika.

YGWHI
09-04-2015, 08:17 PM
It s sad that more and more postee are bashing kawhi because of 4 or 5 unbearable stans
They aren't bashing Kawhi because of 4 or 5 stans, they really think those things about him.

313, TheGreatYatch, they called him "role player, just good on defense, rich man's someone" before, and they'll continue the hating even if the stans are banned.

dabom
09-04-2015, 08:18 PM
They aren't bashing Kawhi because of 4 or 5 stans, they really think those things about him.

313, TheGreatYatch, they call him "role player, just good on defense, rich man's someone", before and they'll continue hating on him even if the stans are banned.

The mods are all porker stans tbh.

YGWHI
09-04-2015, 08:36 PM
The mods are all porker stans tbh.

Well, they can't find one comment hating on Parker posted by me, but since I've always had problems with authority...I wouldn't say "I hate them" but...:D

K...
09-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Won two elections, lost the country. By the time Kawhi reaches Tim's age, basketball won't exist due to its declaration as haram under the Sharia Constitution of the Daulah Islamia fi al-Amrika.

sharia is actually pretty conservative. I think amerikans would like it if they tried it.

callo1
09-05-2015, 07:58 AM

And what if he is? Mind you, there is no evidence of that.

Most historians believe Einstein was, along with Tesla, Lincoln, Mozart, Beethoven, Henry Ford, and countless others that did fine.

Grow up. I don't think you have Aspergers, but your post certainly makes you look like an Ass.

SuperCam
09-05-2015, 10:08 AM
And what if he is? Mind you, there is no evidence of that.

Most historians believe Einstein was, along with Tesla, Lincoln, Mozart, Beethoven, Henry Ford, and countless others that did fine.

Grow up. I don't think you have Aspergers, but your post certainly makes you look like an Ass.

none of those faggots could lead a team to a title either

UNT Eagles 2016
09-05-2015, 12:43 PM
sharia is actually pretty conservative. I think amerikans would like it if they tried it.
Beats the communist hipster occupier crap, and it'd be a breath of fresh air to snuff out the annoying pansexual weirdos with 10 tattoos, 15 face piercings and spiked up pink and orange hair that plague society today (especially in the younger demographic, rampant in the universities). I could definitely do the fasting, as I weigh 120 at 5'8" and usually only eat one big meal per day anyway (and usually at night before bed anyways). Also, maybe there'd be more attractive women if they ate less.

But I don't think I could do stopping what I do to pray 5 times per day, even if it was only once a week. I'm already short on time and I haven't even graduated college yet, plus I don't cope well with distractions. Not to mention the fact that I'm an atheist/agnostic so it'd all have to be pretend (though I'm damn good at playing games like that with a straight face, it'd still be far from ideal). Also, I'd miss seeing all the lovely ladies in bikinis, as a long dress covering the entire body and legs and a hijab covering the hair just won't give me a boner. But hey, at least I wouldn't have to compete with women for traditionally men's jobs due to bullshit affirmative action and feminism.

Bottom line -- you can lie about shahadah, you might be able to get away with lying about zakat (unless they set up a hyper-advanced federal accounting system), you can lie about hajj, you can even lie about sawm (Ramadan fasting)... but if you're never seen praying, something will seem quite awry.

TheGreatYacht
09-05-2015, 01:02 PM
none of those faggots could lead a team to a title either

Godbama
09-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I mean considering a sizable proportion of the American right wing just wants to institute a Christian version of Sharia Law and a Christian equivalent of the Islamic Republic of Iran, it's basically just a matter of outer costuming. A-rabs, crazy white hick a-holes, they're all enemies of freedom and smell about the same (like dog turds). :toast

Skull-1
09-07-2015, 11:25 AM

Obozo deserves only only disdain and contempt. I would have worn flip flops.

Skull-1
09-07-2015, 11:27 AM

I don't think so, Tim. I have lived in Sharia-based countries. Oppressive, backward, mysoginistic. No thanks.

I will take a Constitutional Republic based on individual liberty and private property rights, thanks. Now if I can just find one.

spurtech09
09-08-2015, 03:04 AM
This video explains it all......Obama is destroying America.....Watch the video

https://youtu.be/RNha3nabZeI

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-09-2015, 05:13 PM
You guys are delusional. GW sinks your country into massive debt to the war machine over invading Iraq for no reason (no WMDs, no connection to 9/11), and his financial deregulation causes the GFC. He left a huge mess Obama had to clean up against a hostile Congress post-2010. But yeah, it's all Obama's fault.

Othyus Lalanne
09-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I mean considering a sizable proportion of the American right wing just wants to institute a Christian version of Sharia Law and a Christian equivalent of the Islamic Republic of Iran, it's basically just a matter of outer costuming. A-rabs, crazy white hick a-holes, they're all enemies of freedom and smell about the same (like dog turds). :toast

You got polls? Bilderburger documents? Where do you get this? The fuckers could not get their candidates elected. American right wing is not the Borg anyways, why would all righties want that bullshit.