PDA

View Full Version : Now, that's NOT funny...

Yonivore
12-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Smart power means respecting and empathizing with our enemies...

2zVHgqj8His

Tell me, Madam Secretary, how does one demonstrate respect and empathy for this:

Pakistan School Attack: Taliban Militants Kill More Than 140 in Peshawar (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/pakistan-school-massacre/pakistan-school-attack-taliban-militants-kill-more-140-peshawar-n269011)

This is our enemy. They burned a teacher alive, in front of her students -- before beheading and slaughtering them.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2014, 02:24 PM
"insofar as psychologically possible"

Pretty simple when you actually include all the words.

Spurminator
12-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Video not related to last night's attacks. Nice try though.

Yonivore
12-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Video not related to last night's attacks. Nice try though.
Yeah, it was earlier this month.

Are the Taliban our enemy? Yes.
Were the Taliban our enemy when the Secretary made that speech? Yes.
Have the Taliban engaged in similar atrocities before her speech? Yes.

Spurminator
12-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it was earlier this month.

Are the Taliban our enemy? Yes.
Were the Taliban our enemy when the Secretary made that speech? Yes.
Have the Taliban engaged in similar atrocities before her speech? Yes.

Was the Taliban the specific enemy she was talking about in this speech?

Does empathize mean sympathize?

Do you realize when you're being used as a tool to spread manufactured outrage?

Yonivore
12-16-2014, 03:20 PM
She said "enemies," I believe. That's kind of inclusive, no?

Did I say sympathize? Hell, I'm wondering how you even empathize with this mentality.

I'm not outraged. I think Hillary Clinton is probably the worst Secretary of State this nation has seen in a very long time. I'm just pointing out her douchebaggery. I hope she stays in retirement.

Yonivore
12-16-2014, 03:29 PM

CLINTON: INCLUDING WOMEN ESSENTIAL TO PEACE PROCESSES (http://www.georgetown.edu/news/hillary-clinton-security-inclusive-leadership.html)

There's a 1:27:46 video at the link. Perhaps you have the stomach to wade through it and tell me what she says we should do about ISIS, al Qaeda, and the Taliban, if not empathize and demonstrate respect.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2014, 03:41 PM
"insofar as psychologically possible"

Pretty simple when you actually include all the words.

Spurminator
12-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Don't need to watch the video. The context is in the article.

“Today marks a very important next step,” Clinton told an audience of diplomats and other officials from all over the world, “shifting from saying the right things to doing the right things, putting into action the steps that are necessary not only to protect women and children but to find ways of utilizing women as makers and keepers of peace.”

She noted that it was two women, Teresita Quintos Deles, an advisor on the peace process to Philippine President Benigno Aquino III, and Miriam Coronel-Ferrer, head of the republic’s Government Peace Panel, who recently brokered peace in the 40-year struggle between the government of the Philippines and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

“This is what we call Smart Power, using every possible tool…leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect even for one’s enemies, trying to understand, and insofar as is psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view, helping to define the problems [and] determine a solution, that is what we believe in the 21st century will change the prospect for peace,” she said.

But she also told the audience that the world still has a long way to go in terms women’s participation.

Cry Havoc
12-16-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm not outraged. I think Hillary Clinton is probably the worst Secretary of State this nation has seen in a very long time. I'm just pointing out her douchebaggery. I hope she stays in retirement.

So, you're not upset that you're a tool. Noted.

boutons_deux
12-16-2014, 03:48 PM
smart power? rather than bombs and invasions?

If Obama is colluding with OPEC to bring down the price of oil, hurting both IS and Pootin whose economy is collapsing, that's SMART POWER, which is way more effective than the wannabe macho men, non-combattants every one of them of course, in ST who wanted military actions over Crimea, Ukraine.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2014, 03:49 PM
She noted that it was two women, Teresita Quintos Deles, an advisor on the peace process to Philippine President Benigno Aquino III, and Miriam Coronel-Ferrer, head of the republic’s Government Peace Panel, who recently brokered peace in the 40-year struggle between the government of the Philippines and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

“This is what we call Smart Power, using every possible tool…leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect even for one’s enemies, trying to understand, and insofar as is psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view, helping to define the problems [and] determine a solution, that is what we believe in the 21st century will change the prospect for peace,” she said.I'm going to assume you never heard of Deles or Coronel-Ferrer before.

MultiTroll
12-16-2014, 03:51 PM
:lol /ballgame.