PDA

View Full Version : Parker and Kawhi scratched tomorrow night's game vs. Memphis

SpursFan86
12-16-2014, 04:19 PM
The Spurs’ season-long struggle with injuries continues with starters Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker both scratched from Wednesday’s home game against fellow Western Conference power Memphis.

Leonard had excelled in two straight games before apparently aggravating the bruised right hand that caused him to miss two previous contests late in Monday’s 108-95 loss at Portland. Leonard had 21 points and nine rebounds in that outing, and 18 points, eight rebounds, five steals and six blocked shots in Sunday’s 99-91 victory at Denver.

Read the rest here: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/12/16/leonard-parker-scratched-for-memphis/

:td :td :td

edit: fuck, I hate making mistakes in the title...is there no way to edit it or delete the topic?

NASpurs
12-16-2014, 04:27 PM
No big deal. All you need is the Big Red Mamba to beat Memphis.

Holden_Caulfield
12-16-2014, 04:28 PM
KA gets another start

Brazil
12-16-2014, 04:31 PM
We are plagued by injuries tbh...

100%duncan
12-16-2014, 04:35 PM
We are plagued by injuries tbh...
It's getting both annoying and worrisome to an extent. We're slipping with our HCA and we don't know who's going to be back when.

RD2191
12-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Man, I might not even watch until the playoffs. Too frustrating.

SupremeGuy
12-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Fucking injuries man, fucking injuries.

Legacy
12-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Why am I not surprised??

EVAY
12-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Bummer about both of those guys being out...

Lopez broke his hand in last night's game against us and they say he will be out for a month.

We do seem to be snake bit regarding injuries this year, but there is damn little we can do about it, so might as well cheer the rest of them on.

EVAY
12-16-2014, 05:07 PM

C'mon man, you're better than that. They came through for everybody last year; they deserve our support even if they don't look so good right now.

deibero
12-16-2014, 05:08 PM
i think its more pop than injuries... pop knows that okc probably will be 8th seed regardless and we dont need hca advantage against anyone else.

i guarantee you even mills plays tomorrow if it was the playoffs, theyre just taking it easy.

EVAY
12-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Anyone beginning to get any concerns about Kawhi getting so many injuries at such a young age? Last year and this year it seems that he was out pretty often. I know he had that broken hand last year, but the year before that he had that knee tendonitis and then this year his eyes and his hand again, and though he isn't quite Tiago yet, he also seems to be a bit injury-prone.

We really need him, so I hope that he gets well soon and doesn't get injured any more.

spurs10
12-16-2014, 05:11 PM
It's getting both annoying and worrisome to an extent. We're slipping with our HCA and we don't know who's going to be back when. What is the quick change artist's name....again?

spurs10
12-16-2014, 05:14 PM
It will be a tough win....

Mugen
12-16-2014, 05:32 PM
As long as Tiago plays, I like our chances tbh.

bklynspursfan
12-16-2014, 05:37 PM
As long as Tiago plays, I like our chances tbh.

+1.. And we won in Memphis with Bonner starting, sans Splitter. They can beat Memphis. Just need everyone to crash the boards, and hit their 3's. Being at home, they should be able to pull it off.

spurraider21
12-16-2014, 05:41 PM
damn, even robdiaz is a healthy scratch now :depressed

Robz4000
12-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Anyone beginning to get any concerns about Kawhi getting so many injuries at such a young age? Last year and this year it seems that he was out pretty often. I know he had that broken hand last year, but the year before that he had that knee tendonitis and then this year his eyes and his hand again, and though he isn't quite Tiago yet, he also seems to be a bit injury-prone.

We really need him, so I hope that he gets well soon and doesn't get injured any more.

The only worrisome injury was the knee issue, and that hasn't popped back up since it happened. The hand issues are just freak injuries.

Ice009
12-16-2014, 06:03 PM
i think its more pop than injuries... pop knows that okc probably will be 8th seed regardless and we dont need hca advantage against anyone else.

i guarantee you even mills plays tomorrow if it was the playoffs, theyre just taking it easy.

Sorry, but Spurs are the ones looking at the 8th seed. OKC could finish ahead of us if the Spurs don't start taking every game more seriously. Pop resting players, coupled with these injuries is really hurting the Spurs record in the standings.

I'm glad Kawhi is OK though and hopefully Tiago and Tony are good too.

ElNono
12-16-2014, 06:11 PM
We're good. Chill.

Hoops Czar
12-16-2014, 06:19 PM
:flag:

SnakeBoy
12-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Only 3 wins off of last years pace. GSW, Memphis, & Rockets will all falter later in the season. Spurs just need to start taking care of business against shitty teams and they'll come out on top.

Budkin
12-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Feeling the same... this is bullshit.

Beaverfuzz
12-16-2014, 06:42 PM
I blame Hard Rick.

timtonymanu
12-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Sorry, but Spurs are the ones looking at the 8th seed. OKC could finish ahead of us if the Spurs don't start taking every game more seriously. Pop resting players, coupled with these injuries is really hurting the Spurs record in the standings.

I'm glad Kawhi is OK though and hopefully Tiago and Tony are good too.

The Spurs have always struggled to win games early on. Not worried here.

BatManu20
12-16-2014, 06:54 PM

Rob, everyone knows you're still going to be here every game, jumping ship after losses and celebrating like it's '99 when we win :bobo

BatManu20
12-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Stay the course, boys. Grind it out. Find ways to win. We'll be there come June.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mtv-main-assets/files/resources/crossing-the-delaware-met-museum.jpg

Snaq O'Meal
12-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Lopez broke his hand in last night's game against us and they say he will be out for a month.

Lopez left in the third quarter after it appeared he hit his hand hard on Boris Diaw's head, but Lopez wasn't quite sure when — or how — the injury happened.

Source: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2014/12/15/4030451/blazers-defeat-shorthanded-spurs.html

I hope they won't blame Diaw for using his head to foul Lopez's hand.

Robz4000
12-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Baynes broke it tbh. Along with his spirit.

timtonymanu
12-16-2014, 07:00 PM
The only thing that pisses me off about tomorrow's game is knowing everyone on Memphis will be an elite 3 point shooter because of Scrubeli's defense.

RD2191
12-16-2014, 07:34 PM
:lolyou guys are the best. But seriously, I just found out I have prehypertension so I can't get to excited/frustrated or my bp will go up. :lol

Dex
12-16-2014, 07:41 PM
The only thing that pisses me off about tomorrow's game is knowing everyone on Memphis will be an elite 3 point shooter because of Scrubeli's defense.

Tony Allen will probably drop like 25.

benefactor
12-16-2014, 07:44 PM
:lolyou guys are the best. But seriously, I just found out I have prehypertension so I can't get to excited/frustrated or my bp will go up. :lol
Damn nigga...aren't you kinda young for that shit?

RD2191
12-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Damn nigga...aren't you kinda young for that shit?
Yes. I have a lot of heart problems. Born with it. Dropped 30 pounds so had to see the doc quick. Too much stress and high bp so I'm supposed to take it easy for a couple of months.

mystargtr34
12-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Yes. I have a lot of heart problems. Born with it. Dropped 30 pounds so had to see the doc quick. Too much stress and high bp so I'm supposed to take it easy for a couple of months.

How old are you brah? And whats your weight?

daslicer
12-16-2014, 07:58 PM
At this rate with the injuries looks like the Spurs are going to try to pull a '95 Rockets type of run. A very risky move considering the Rockets are the only team to win a title without home court advantage for the whole entire playoffs.

EVAY
12-16-2014, 07:58 PM

Hey Rob, genuinely sorry to hear about this. I was going to suggest that you just assume that the Spurs will lose each game and not make the playoffs and then anything good that happens would just be gravy....but then I remembered that's what you did all last year!!!:toast

Seriously, kid, I want you to do whatever you gotta do to get yourself right. I don't want you to leave this forum but I don't want you sick either, so if you need to take a vacation from the forum, do it and come back with a vengeance.

I mean, really, how we gonna know how far we are going to go in the playoffs without your predictions? hmmmm?

Be better soon. If there is anything you imagine that I can do to help, pm me and I will do it. Seriously.

RD2191
12-16-2014, 08:18 PM
How old are you brah? And whats your weight?
23, 6'1, was 200 down to 170.

RD2191
12-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Hey Rob, genuinely sorry to hear about this. I was going to suggest that you just assume that the Spurs will lose each game and not make the playoffs and then anything good that happens would just be gravy....but then I remembered that's what you did all last year!!!:toast

Seriously, kid, I want you to do whatever you gotta do to get yourself right. I don't want you to leave this forum but I don't want you sick either, so if you need to take a vacation from the forum, do it and come back with a vengeance.

I mean, really, how we gonna know how far we are going to go in the playoffs without your predictions? hmmmm?

Be better soon. If there is anything you imagine that I can do to help, pm me and I will do it. Seriously.
Geez, those are some really kind words. I really really appreciate it. Means alot, really. I don't think I've had even that much support from my own family.:lol

I'll stick around and take it easy. Gotta keep up appearances as the forum cliff diver.:lol

Hope all is well on your end.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Memphis will be on a b2b after playing the Warriors tonight

SpursFan86
12-16-2014, 08:52 PM
I think we have a good chance at beating Memphis even without Kawhi...Duncan/Splitter are the main guys we need for the Grizzlies, and they should both be playing. Memphis's perimeter scoring is still lacking, so we should hopefully be fine without Kawhi. Who knows though, maybe Prince will go off against us again :lol

I just hope this hand issue with Kawhi doesn't cause him to miss any more time. It'd suck if he ends up missing the next week or so.

Malik Hairston
12-16-2014, 09:08 PM
At this rate with the injuries looks like the Spurs are going to try to pull a '95 Rockets type of run. A very risky move considering the Rockets are the only team to win a title without home court advantage for the whole entire playoffs.

Last year's Spurs were arguably the most unconventional and unique team in NBA history(if you look into the stats, no other team in league history won the same way the Spurs did), so I don't think the same rules apply to them:lol..

Seems like Pop is fully content with not having HCA, which is fine IMO..playing with house money, at this point..

heyheymymy
12-16-2014, 09:35 PM

I know it's frustrating, but it's been fun watching the development of guys like cojo, baynes and KA. those guys are taking advantage of the open mins and could end up being solid help when the rest are back from injuries. reminds me of watching mills bust out with manus injury mins.

benefactor
12-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Well no fighting scros behind Whataburger until further notice, aight?

RD2191
12-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Well no fighting scros behind Whataburger until further notice, aight?
:lol:tu

itzsoweezee
12-16-2014, 09:58 PM

Are you fucking retarded? It's a fluke hand injury. There is no trend you can draw from it if you have any kind of common sense. Parker, on the other hand, is damaged goods at this point.

milkyway21
12-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Will Golden State finally ends their 16(?) winning streak tonight? Memphis is leading so far.

RD2191
12-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Are you fucking retarded? It's a fluke hand injury. There is no trend you can draw from it if you have any kind of common sense. Parker, on the other hand, is damaged goods at this point.
No need to get personal. Many well respected posters were actually talking about Kawhi maybe being injury prone in the game thread last night.

heyheymymy
12-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Will Golden State finally ends their 16(?) winning streak tonight? Memphis is leading so far.

win-win for spurs, someones gotta lose

tmtcsc
12-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Leonard is a difference maker for the Spurs as far as separating them from very good to Championship contenders. The Spurs have enough to beat Memphis without him tomorrow but like Pop once said of Ginobili - we aren't winning a Ring without him. I'm not expecting a win (especially without Tony too) but I'd love to see it. Cojo is going to have to come up big.

Golden State would tear us apart without Tony and Kawhi.

EVAY
12-16-2014, 10:39 PM

Actually, I am not retarded, fucking or otherwise. If I had only referenced a 'fluke' hand injury and tried to draw an inference of a trend from it, you might have had a point. Since I referenced injuries that kept Kawhi out of games for the previous two seasons as well as this one, and mindful that he is only 23 years old, there is nothing in my thought process that reflects any sort of mental disability at all.

You, on the other hand, going all ad-hominem attack based on a very mild question, may in fact be evidencing some emotional disturbances or instabilities to say the least. I won't draw a trend from this one instance, however. I only note the overblown emotional reaction in this instance as a potential indicator of emotional difficulties.

Parker may or may not be damaged goods at this point. He is certainly looking less than stellar so far this year. Parker, however, is 32 years old and has literally run farther and faster than any Spur during the season for the last ten years. Leonard is 23.

ElNono
12-16-2014, 10:48 PM

sorry to hear... time to cut down on la manteca and take it easy, brah... gws...

EVAY
12-16-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't think I've had even that much support from my own family.:lol

:lol Well, of course, they KNOW you better than we do. :lol jk,jk

timtonymanu
12-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Geez, those are some really kind words. I really really appreciate it. Means alot, really. I don't think I've had even that much support from my own family.:lol

I'll stick around and take it easy. Gotta keep up appearances as the forum cliff diver.:lol

Hope all is well on your end.

Plus we need you around to regulate faggots like no lyfe scrub. gws, my nigga.

RD2191
12-16-2014, 11:02 PM
sorry to hear... time to cut down on la manteca and take it easy, brah... gws...
:lolAin't gonna be easy. Thanks man.

Sean Cagney
12-16-2014, 11:06 PM
The Spurs have always struggled to win games early on. Not worried here.

Thats true, but not last year when they were hungry coming into the year and started out VERY good. Last year they had that edge all year long, so they start out slowly usually I agree but last year a different demon altogether. They will turn it around, get a few 10 game win streaks here or there.

wildchild
12-16-2014, 11:08 PM
...and then this year his eyes and his hand again, and though he isn't quite Tiago yet, he also seems to be a bit injury-prone.

I wouldn't call pinkeye injury...

His hand isn't broken again, just bruised.

Hoops Czar
12-16-2014, 11:10 PM
:lmaotooth aches, blurry vision, hand cramps..... Whats next, a broken fingernail? I'm getting tired of Leonard's excuses. :lmao Why can't he be more like Parker, trying to play through a hamstring pull and bruised ribs.

Malik Hairston
12-16-2014, 11:13 PM
I like the way Pop is maintaining Kawhi's body, tbh..

Playing 82 games is a very antiquated mentality..everything is about prioritizing and efficiency nowadays..

apalisoc_9
12-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Rest Kawhi if he is failing Pain..no need to risk the health of the spurs most valuable player.

Good Call Pop :tu

wildchild
12-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Why can't he be more like Parker, trying to play through a hamstring pull and bruised ribs.

Soooo good to hear it! Parker will play against Memphis through his injuries? Finally the frenchie shows some balls :flag:

timtonymanu
12-16-2014, 11:23 PM
Thats true, but not last year when they were hungry coming into the year and started out VERY good. Last year they had that edge all year long, so they start out slowly usually I agree but last year a different demon altogether. They will turn it around, get a few 10 game win streaks here or there.

yeah, they also had a healthy Patty last year who is the perfect player to have when Pop sits the Big 3.

I won't worry about them. The great thing is that they have shown up against the top teams. I would take that over beating on the lottery teams.

Hoops Czar
12-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Soooo good to hear it! Parker will play against Memphis through his injuries? Finally the frenchie shows some balls :flag:

Nah, apparently Pop is going to overrule Parker on this one. It'sa just good to know there's a player on the team willing to go all out. It's just so refreshing.

wildchild
12-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Nah, apparently Pop is going to overrule Parker on this one. It'sa just good to know there's a player on the team willing to go all out. It's just so refreshing.

Suuuure.

tmtcsc
12-16-2014, 11:30 PM

Last year's hunger has been replaced by this year's supreme confidence. Just be ready for the playoffs. We got dis.

RD2191
12-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Plus we need you around to regulate faggots like no lyfe scrub. gws, my nigga.
:lolit ain't easy but someones gotta do it. Thanks brah. I appreciate it.

james evans
12-17-2014, 12:44 AM

exactly. this is all popovich. Injury excuse is bullshit. Popovich is "tanking" to stay out of okc's way until later on. Dudes are not that banged up this early in the season. NO fukin way.

Sean Cagney
12-17-2014, 01:41 AM
Last year's hunger has been replaced by this year's supreme confidence. Just be ready for the playoffs. We got dis.

I hope so man, you know damn well they surely will be playing better soon and even better later. They will be primed barring major injuries.

Raven
12-17-2014, 04:12 AM
neither is injured, just damage control.

Ice009
12-17-2014, 04:53 AM
neither is injured, just damage control.

What do you mean by "damage control"? Damage control for what?

boutons_deux
12-17-2014, 04:54 AM
exactly. this is all popovich. Injury excuse is bullshit. Popovich is "tanking" to stay out of okc's way until later on. Dudes are not that banged up this early in the season. NO fukin way.

K wasn't faking a hurt hand in the Blazers game. Hamstrings/ligament injuries are tricky, easily re-injured. Pop's being cautious, not tanking.

Pop doesn't care about seedings, as he's always said "gotta go through everybody anyway"

stay out of OKC's way? :lol

Fireball
12-17-2014, 05:08 AM
as long as Tayshaun Prince is not dropping swish bombs from the three point line over and over again we can win this game ... but I agree that Kawhi is a difference maker that is surely missed every game he is not playing

szkorhetz
12-17-2014, 05:45 AM
I hope so man, you know damn well they surely will be playing better soon and even better later. They will be primed barring major injuries.
Our defense is much better even with Splitter missing the first one and a half month. If our offense can come together, we will be fine.

Raven
12-17-2014, 06:52 AM
What do you mean by "damage control"? Damage control for what?

In navies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy) and the maritime industry, damage control is the emergency control of situations that may cause the sinking of a ship.

i really don't know how to explain it better than this tbh

MilesTeg
12-17-2014, 07:26 AM
I hope we get the 8th seed tbh. Then we probably get to face GS or Memphis, no OKC till the WCF, plus a better draft pick.

7-8th seed > top 4 seed this year.

littlecoyotecoin
12-17-2014, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't call pinkeye injury...

His hand isn't broken again, just bruised.

It's very kind of everyone to keep calling it pinkeye or conjunctivitis. Good thing Kobe didn't pick it up, as we'de be calling it what it is and laughing him off the court.

wildchild
12-17-2014, 10:58 PM
It's very kind of everyone to keep calling it pinkeye or conjunctivitis.

Doctors called it a severe case of conjunctivitis so I call it conjunctivitis/pinkeye.

Maybe I'm crazy but I prefer hear the doctors than forum specialists.

littlecoyotecoin
12-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Ignorance is bliss.