PDA

View Full Version : parker revelation???

JUUOT
08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
i felt we needed something to wait for finley to decide where he will play...
France lost to turkey today in preparing the euro tournament

BUT

guess who was the star of the game...

TONY :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

He went on fire for 24 points shooting

5/7 3pt

going with 5 assists

the coach said:"Tony a été exceptionnel, notamment au niveau du tir à trois points

Tony was exceptional, especially behind the three point lane"

http://www.basketfrance.com/actu/actu.php?id=1867

for those who do not follow Tony has already been working on his shoot with chip engelland. but POP wanted him to skeep national duty to work full time on it. apparently the changes do not affect his current game which is good news for the spurs. However it s hard to beleive it is already the hard work paying.... to monitor...i will keep you updated on this...

PS: a special for billscarnage, Boris diaw starts feeling the SUNS effect. he scored 25 pt and kept france in the game with tony.
I just wish he was a spurs...

Trainwreck2100
08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
He lost to hedo?

JUUOT
08-30-2005, 10:13 PM
he lost to turkish interior cause france 2 main centers are hurt.
but stick to the fact how long has it been we ve seen exceptional/ tony parker/ three point shot in the same sentence...

Trainwreck2100
08-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah but isn't the intl. line closer to the basket?

Money316
08-30-2005, 10:15 PM
He lost to hedo?

What do you expect from a country that got punked by Germany in less than a week?

Instigator
08-30-2005, 10:16 PM

if it is, thanks for bursting my bubble.

1Parker1
08-30-2005, 10:23 PM
He lost to hedo?

:lmao That was my first reaction also! How can he lose to a bunch of Hedo's!

Solid D
08-30-2005, 10:24 PM

Yes. 20' 6" (6.25 m)

Trainwreck2100
08-30-2005, 10:25 PM
:lmao That was my first reaction also! How can he lose to a bunch of Hedo's!

I guess it's not the Playoffs

1Parker1
08-30-2005, 10:25 PM
i felt we needed something to wait for finley to decide where he will play...
France lost to turkey today in preparing the euro tournament

BUT

guess who was the star of the game...

TONY :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

He went on fire for 24 points shooting

5/7 3pt

going with 5 assists

the coach said:"Tony a été exceptionnel, notamment au niveau du tir à trois points

Tony was exceptional, especially behind the three point lane"

http://www.basketfrance.com/actu/actu.php?id=1867

for those who do not follow Tony has already been working on his shoot with chip engelland. but POP wanted him to skeep national duty to work full time on it. apparently the changes do not affect his current game which is good news for the spurs. However it s hard to beleive it is already the hard work paying.... to monitor...i will keep you updated on this...

PS: a special for billscarnage, Boris diaw starts feeling the SUNS effect. he scored 25 pt and kept france in the game with tony.
I just wish he was a spurs...

That's very good news. Tony's been playing well. I read somewhere that in one of their other losses he scored 25 pts on 4 of 9 shooting for 15 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists in only 26 minutes.

....I think France just doesn't have a strong team, hence the losses.

JUUOT
08-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Even if closer that means tony was 5/7 at 20'6". it is not lay up it ths shot he was making 1/5 in the playoffs...
it at least show chip work do not affect his game too much

nkdlunch
08-30-2005, 10:26 PM
was he being guarded?

nkdlunch
08-30-2005, 10:27 PM
:lol just kiddin.

JUUOT
08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
That's very good news. Tony's been playing well. I read somewhere that in one of their other losses he scored 25 pts on 4 of 9 shooting for 15 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists in only 26 minutes.

....I think France just doesn't have a strong team, hence the losses.

you got the stats wrong. go see in the other thread called parker prepare euro or something like this. but the point is good. tony is playing great always being one of the best 3 players while he just came back from resting.

France has a strong team. one of the best of europe on the paper.
there are two problems:
1) balance: the perimeter is the strongest of europe with parker, diaw, pietrus, gelabale and le "roi antoine" (ask bowen for his name) whereas interior is the weakest of europe
2) the team is just discovering each other and played together for 2 weeks they need time and will be ready i hope

NZHayden
08-30-2005, 10:46 PM
awesome read thanks jut

sprrs
08-30-2005, 10:48 PM

I really don't care as long as Tony can start knocking down ANY jump shots. At least he's making improvement they can work with longer range later. Hopefully it wasn't just a one game fluke :spin

Trainwreck2100
08-30-2005, 10:54 PM
It wasn't a fluke, sometimes he has TWO good games in a row

ggoose25
08-30-2005, 11:23 PM
is our draft pick Ian Me???(sp) on the national team too?

Spurbanana
08-30-2005, 11:29 PM
man...too bad I didn't hear about this game earlier..all my fav players at once! Boris Diaw, Hedo, Tony!

yeah Frenchies! Allez la France...let's win something ;)

IceColdBrewski
08-31-2005, 12:10 AM
yeah Frenchies! Allez la France...let's win something...

...instead of surrendering.

Dre_7
08-31-2005, 01:29 AM
:lmao That was my first reaction also! How can he lose to a bunch of Hedo's! I guess it's not the Playoffs

That would explain Tony's good 3 pt shooting. :lol

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi, this is my first post! :king

I watched the game yesterday on TV, TP did pretty good (24 pts 5 asst) he was agressive but he turned the ball too easily sometimes and didn't play the pick 'n roll too great.
France has a great team on paper but can't compete at all against the other teams.
They are too short on size and they need more teamwork on defense.

Indeed, their tallest guy available was Boris Diaw (6-8) because the 2 other PF were injured, he was then
forced to play PF while he is used to playing SG/PG in Atlanta.
Hedo Turkoglu (6-10) who was playing SG/SF for Turkey was taller than the Center of France which is pretty laughable.

As a result, France wasn't able to defend and they were eaten on Rebounds! You can't tell by the stats (25 rbds for Turkey
vs 24 rbds for France) but France wasn't able to grab the rebounds in money time.

What is very surprising was Boris Diaw's offensive game, I didn't know this guy could shoot.. haha
He finished with 25 pts and had some momentum. He gives the ball to his teamates too often which makes you think that he's too afraid to take shots and that he can't shoot (sort of Jason Kidd-like).

But I'm still sceptikal about his future in the NBA, he has talent for sure but if he can't get playing time in a loser team like ATL how can he get minutes in Phoenix?
He needs to change his game and get more offensive but I'm scared that if he wasn't able to do it in ATL where there was no pressure at all, how will he handle it in Phoenix which had the best record last week.

TP sure did great on this game but let's wait for the European Tournament to judge his shooting improvement.
I don't think that we can judge it on one game and that our shooting coach has done some miracles so quickly.
I've heard that the shooting coach has made TP changed his shooting style already and has asked him to use his teardrop shot as an
example to handle the ball and be more confortable with his shot.

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 03:41 AM
is our draft pick Ian Me???(sp) on the national team too?

Nope, he is really developing now and he's not ready to play for national team.
I heard that he started basketball just 2 or 3 years ago..

He won't be ready for the NBA before at least 2 years.

Solid D
08-31-2005, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the insight and welcome to the Forum, Admidave50!

Do you live in France?

JUUOT
08-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Ian is not on the hational team but played earlier this summer on U-20 euro tournament. He was not dominant but played half the game with a dead ankle.
he is actually preparing for next season with lehavre working his shoot with chip engelland help and will be the anchor of lehavre interior rotation.

bienvenu admidave50

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome Solid D and JUUOT.

I'm Live & Direct from Paris, I've been surfing on this forum since a few months already and I really appreciate to see that there are so many people that have good knowledge of basketball but I never had the gut to post to avoid embarassing myself.. :oops

But I can contribute to give some insight from Paris when there are news on TP, and I have more time now that I have started my internship! :elephant :elephant

SLOVENIAN 8
08-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Tony really sux in first two games with Spain, this time was better but his team lost again..........

JUUOT
08-31-2005, 08:52 AM
from lequipe.fr

tony was interviewed by the french news paper. He explained he was correct against spain but was dead after few minutes on the floor. Now he said he is nearly ready physically wise and his knee is looking fine. Concerning his shoot...

journalist: "we often say your shoot is your weakness. But against Turkey you shot 5 of 7 3 pt..."

Tony: "Iam changing my technic, changing my hand and using more my thumb. I am really happy because all the specific work i did with chip starts paying back. my objective is that in 3 years i will be like a steve nash or a chauncey billups. It is not going to come in days. Since i am actually working on it, sometimes i am going to do big games and sometimes completely miss everything (i do not see how it changes from last year lol). It is only the beginning but i think i will become a lot more consistent with my shoot."

On avance souvent le shoot comme votre point faible. Or contre la Turquie vous êtes à 5/7 à trois points...
Je suis en train de changer ma technique, de changer ma main et d'utiliser plus mon pouce. Je suis très content parce que tout le travail spécifique que j'ai fait avec Chip England commence à payer. Mon objectif c'est que dans trois ans, je serai comme un Steve Nash ou un Chauncey Billups. Ca ne va pas venir du jour au lendemain. Comme je travaille en ce moment, des fois je vais faire un gros match et des fois je vais tout louper. Ce n'est que le début mais je pense que je vais devenir beaucoup plus régulier au shoot.

ObiwanGinobili
08-31-2005, 08:56 AM
but stick to the fact how long has it been we ve seen exceptional/ tony parker/ three point shot in the same sentence...

thats enough for me to celebrate on . :smokin

BigVee
08-31-2005, 08:56 AM
Don't worry, lots of people embarass themselves on this forum. Most don't even know it.

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Hehe good stuff JUUOT, I haven't seen it on their web site.

Here is Parker's opinion on NVE's arrival:
"It doesn't bother me, on the contrary I will learn from him, he's a good PG.
We're not directly in competition, he can also play SG and we can both be on the court at the same time. Anyway, they (RC & Pop) could have brought anyone, there is no big deal, that's basketball, there is always competition. He's a clutch player, that's good.
He can be like Rober Horry: he rests for a year and then he drops big shots in playoffs"

TPMG2007
08-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Ha ha, LMAO at that. Robert Horry rests for a year. Ah TP. Somehow I find that funny even though it's not. I'm weird that way.

Kip Fanatic
08-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Hi, this is my first post!

Welcome. Thanks for the info.

ObiwanGinobili
08-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Tony: "Iam changing my technic, changing my hand and using more my thumb. I am really happy because all the specific work i did with chip starts paying back. my objective is that in 3 years i will be like a steve nash or a chauncey billups. It is not going to come in days. Since i am actually working on it, sometimes i am going to do big games and sometimes completely miss everything (i do not see how it changes from last year lol). It is only the beginning but i think i will become a lot more consistent with my shoot."

see! there IS a god! He's answered all my prayers! Tony is paying attention ot Chip, co-operating with Chip... and he;s improving.

EVERYONE MAKE APPROPRIATE SACRIFICES TO THE BASKETBALL GODS NOW BEFORE THIS FALLS APART !!!!!

xcoriate
08-31-2005, 09:09 AM
Hehe good stuff JUUOT, I haven't seen it on their web site.

Here is Parker's opinion on NVE's arrival:
"It doesn't bother me, on the contrary I will learn from him, he's a good PG.
We're not directly in competition, he can also play SG and we can both be on the court at the same time. Anyway, they (RC & Pop) could have brought anyone, there is no big deal, that's basketball, there is always competition. He's a clutch player, that's good.
He can be like Rober Horry: he rests for a year and then he drops big shots in playoffs"

Welcome to the forum :)

Just interested to know what question that response was to. Seems like the reporter thought Nick would be challenging Tony for the starting job, or maybe he thought Parker would be expendable now? On the other hand maybe he/she thought this would impact Parkers 4th Q PT.

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 09:16 AM
see! there IS a god! He's answered all my prayers! Tony is paying attention ot Chip, co-operating with Chip... and he;s improving.

Haha, don't worry hardwork always pays.

Look at Billups, he has become a good shooter in the past 2 years (44,2% in 04-05) while he was just horrible in his first 4 years (average 36%).
Nash also wasn't too good when he began in the NBA and he is now a deadly shooter.

What I mean is TP is just 23 years old!! Billups and Nash are 28 and 31, I think he can surely develop a more reliable shoot and we haven't seen his best yet.

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum :)

Thx

Just interested to know what question that response was to. Seems like the reporter thought Nick would be challenging Tony for the starting job, or maybe he thought Parker would be expendable now? On the other hand maybe he/she thought this would impact Parkers 4th Q PT. :spin

Actually, there wasn't any specific question. The reporter just ask TP to comment on NVE's arrival.

ObiwanGinobili
08-31-2005, 09:22 AM
Thx

Actually, there wasn't any specific question. The reporter just ask TP to comment on NVE's arrival.

In that case his responses were probebly pre-emptive becasue the French press is very Pro-Tony and they are always looking out for what they think could be slights to him etc etc.

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 09:47 AM
In fact, JUUOT translated the end of the interview and sum up what was the most interesting but I translated the beginning for those that might be interested..

Journalist: "What's your point of view on the 3 lost in a row in 4 days?"

TP: "We're not disciplined enough, each guy is doing his thing.
We're not defending well, there is no help while defense should be our strenght.
But against Turkey, except the end of the game, we did good things.
There is improvement comparing to our game against Spain.
Our game is less crazy and we're getting accustomed to the system."

(btw, France was leading all the time except at the end of each half)

Journalist: "It doesn't scare you"?

TP: "Nope, cuz don't forget that the team is still really young
and that we need to know each other better. There are players with whom
I've never played before.
Jérôme Schmitt for example: before coming I didn't even know his name (lol neither did I), I didn't know what he looks like. We need more experience and to play more games."

Journalist: "Even if you lose?"

TP: "I hate losing, but if we play all our pre-games, it's not big deal.
We need to win during the European Tournament. Meanwhile, we're gaining more experience. From now, don't ask too much from this team."

Journalist: "But in 2 weeks we'll ask a lot more from this team"

Tp: "Yeah, that's obvious. That's like when I was put in the starting lineup
at the Spurs, they didn't give a f* that I was 18 and that I was coming from Europe.
We needed to win the title, that's all. With our national team coach, that's the same, we don't have much choice anyway. I think that in 4 years we will be really good!
But we need to be good right now, to improve faster to be ready for the Euro."

Journalist: "How do you feel physically?"

TP: "I'm better physically if you compare with the game vs Spain when I wasn't able to run. My knees hurt just a little bit after the games but I'm OK.
I'm almost ready".

manubili
08-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Thx

Welcome!
Greetings from Argentina!
We need more frenchies arround. It's nice to hear that Parker has in mind to become as good as billups or nash. If he improves his jumpshots, and keep that speed going, he will be an awsome point guard. And the spurs will rule like forever,

:elephant

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Welcome!
Greetings from Argentina!

thx, will start an argento-french invasion on this forum :lol

It's nice to hear that Parker has in mind to become as good as billups or nash.

Just to clarify, the reference to Billups and Nash wasn't from TP, it was just my thought.
But in fact I've heard the Billups reference from TP before, he said that Billups and Manu got their best at the end of their 20's and that he's just in the early 20's. He'll become stronger as the years go by.

JUUOT
08-31-2005, 10:00 AM
merci admidave50 je suis au travail alors pas trop le temps de tout traduire.
nous sommes 2-3 francais regulierement sur le site. ca fait un de plus et aussi solid D est generalement bien au courant de ce qui se passe en europe.

keep it up

Admidave50
08-31-2005, 10:06 AM
ah bon, Solid D est également francophone?

Je comprends ta situation, je suis moi-même au bureau mais j'ai plus de temps libre étant stagiare :)

Tu es du Quebec?