PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, Hillary's got nothing to worry about...

Yonivore
12-16-2014, 10:07 PM
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/544982875347492865/photo/1

ElNono
12-16-2014, 10:31 PM
well, I don't know about Hillary, but damn, Billy still got it... :lol

ChumpDumper
12-16-2014, 10:32 PM
What does she have to worry about from that picture?

Yonivore
12-16-2014, 10:34 PM
What does she have to worry about from that picture?
It's going to be non-stop from now until Election day.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2014, 10:36 PM
It's going to be non-stop from now until Election day.What?

Yonivore
12-16-2014, 10:50 PM
What?
References to her horn dog husband. And, I'm sure he'll provide a wealth of new material.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2014, 10:51 PM
References to her horn dog husband. And, I'm sure he'll provide a wealth of new material.Oh, that's all?

FromWayDowntown
12-16-2014, 11:28 PM
This clearly impacts Ms. Clinton's qualifications to be President of the United States.

I'm sure I can find a blog somewhere to tell me why.

ElNono
12-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Some of the comments are hilarious...

Dr. Fill ‏@Rem870P 6h6 hours ago
Some Christmas parties are better than others

:lmao

Yonivore
12-17-2014, 08:23 AM
This clearly impacts Ms. Clinton's qualifications to be President of the United States.

I'm sure I can find a blog somewhere to tell me why.
What qualifications?

DarrinS
12-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Meh, Dems don't seem to like her anyway

Yonivore
12-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Meh, Dems don't seem to like her anyway
Who's it going to be? Biden? Michelle Obama?

DarrinS
12-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Who's it going to be? Biden? Michelle Obama?

What about that Cherokee woman?

Yonivore
12-17-2014, 11:40 AM
What about that Cherokee woman?
Oh yeah, there's Warren.

Winehole23
12-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Having someone who is the brother of one former president and the son of another run against the wife of still another former president would be sweetly illustrative of all sorts of degraded and illusory aspects of American life, from meritocracy to class mobility. That one of those two families exploited its vast wealth to obtain political power, while the other exploited its political power to obtain vast wealth, makes it more illustrative still: of the virtually complete merger between political and economic power, of the fundamentally oligarchical framework that drives American political life.https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/17/jeb-bush-v-hillary-clinton-perfectly-illustrative-election/

Yonivore
12-17-2014, 11:47 AM
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/17/jeb-bush-v-hillary-clinton-perfectly-illustrative-election/
I'm in favor of both parties running a non-boomer outside the current dynasties.

Winehole23
12-17-2014, 11:49 AM
who do you like on the GOP side?

Wild Cobra
12-17-2014, 11:51 AM
who do you like on the GOP side?
Nobody comes to mind for me.

Again, it will become the lesser of two evils.

ElNono
12-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Jeb would probably be a good candidate for the GOP, he understands what it takes to win the general election. His biggest hurdle is how to survive the primaries.

The biggest question is whether he's more like his dad (good prez) or his brother (terrible prez).

boutons_deux
12-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Jeb Bush: The Forest Gump of Financial Improprieties? (http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2014/12/jeb-bush-forest-gump-financial-improprieties.html)

The Financial Times has an unusual story featured prominently today. As Jeb Bush has made a soft launch of his presidential campaign, the pink paper has published a surprisingly long list of financial relationships that do not put the Florida governor in a particularly good light.

The intriguing part isn’t so much a history of dubious-looking complicated money dealings. It’s the fact that many of them are live. Jeb apparently couldn’t be bothered to clean them up. That strategy didn’t work too well for Mitt Romney, who was forced effectively to admit (http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/09/no-virginia-mitt-romney-did-not-pay-14-1-in-taxes-in-2011-as-he-claims-he-paid-less.html) that his wife Ann Romney’s Olympic horse Rafalca was not a business and hence not a permissible deduction on the Romney tax returns. (http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/08/a-tax-expert-takes-closer-look-at-romneys-tax-returns.html) There was also the consternation over his failure to release five years of tax returns as would have been customary. Some theorized that it was because Romney paid no taxes in those years, but the guess among tax experts was that Romney had declared a formerly secret Swiss bank account under an amnesty program. One of the conditions of getting amnesty was refiling prior year tax returns. Those returns would be “stapled,” as in they would clearly show that the returns had originally been filed not showing the Swiss bank account, and then had been amended to included it.

The issue revealed by the Romney tax return debate, as well as the consternation about his remarks at a supposedly closed-door speech where he derided the non-income-taxpaying 47% of the US (which includes the unemployed, students and people who make too little income to be subject to income taxes but nevertheless pay FICA and sales taxes) is that even rich Republicans are not immune from scrutiny as to their financial conduct and their implicit or explicit attitude towards the non-wealthy. Despite the stereotype, not all Republican voters are rich. For instance, evangelical Christians are not the power in the party that they once were but are still far more inclined to vote Republican than Democrat.

So the issue with Jeb isn’t who he’s been in bed with financially, per se, but that he couldn’t be bothered to tidy up his record.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2014/12/jeb-bush-forest-gump-financial-improprieties.html

Winehole23
12-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Jeb would probably be a good candidate for the GOP, he understands what it takes to win the general election.Does he? Jeb Bush last ran for office in 2002. Have politics and the GOP changed since then?

ElNono
12-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Does he? Jeb Bush last ran for office in 2002. Have politics and the GOP changed since then?

From what I read, he's fully aware he needs to capture some of the center votes, and he has a message (on immigration, education, etc) that I think could garner some votes there.

The main issue is that those same topics are sensitive when dealing with the base (the primaries, basically).

ChumpDumper
12-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Jeb has a jump on a crappy field, so it's not a stretch to see him get a nomination. Anti-Mexican sentiment might be an issue in the primaries, as was said.

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 01:12 PM
From what I read, he's fully aware he needs to capture some of the center votes, and he has a message (on immigration, education, etc) that I think could garner some votes there.

The main issue is that those same topics are sensitive when dealing with the base (the primaries, basically).

Jeb would probably pick up quite a few votes in the center with some of his policies, but I can't imagine him winning any debates on a national stage.

Then again, I would have thought that impossible of Romney as well, but he was able to bully and lie his way into a "W" in the first one.

Winehole23
12-18-2014, 01:13 PM

The main issue is that those same topics are sensitive when dealing with the base (the primaries, basically).He faces the same predicament as Romney. To win the primaries, he has to run far to his own right, to his ultimate detriment in the general election.

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Jeb has a jump on a crappy field, so it's not a stretch to see him get a nomination. Anti-Mexican sentiment might be an issue in the primaries, as was said.

You know the GOP is in dire straits when that's their leading candidate. Yikes.

Not that the Dems have a wealth of admired, respected politicians lining up for that role either, though. Hillary could fracture the base, Warren is too new (definite candidate for 2020 though) and Biden often makes a fool of himself.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2014, 01:21 PM
I think the only thing that could derail Hillary at this point is a health scare.

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 01:25 PM
I think the only thing that could derail Hillary at this point is a health scare.

Very little doubt she'll win the primary... will it be enough to run the table though? I have my doubts. Although the right seems to love alpha-dog politics.

spurraider21
12-18-2014, 01:29 PM
He faces the same predicament as Romney. To win the primaries, he has to run far to his own right, to his ultimate detriment in the general election.
this

ChumpDumper
12-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Very little doubt she'll win the primary... will it be enough to run the table though? I have my doubts. Although the right seems to love alpha-dog politics.Sure. Depends on who runs against her. I know she will ratchet up the neocon rhetoric in the general campaign.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 01:33 PM
He faces the same predicament as Romney. To win the primaries, he has to run far to his own right, to his ultimate detriment in the general election.

Mitt was fairly non-descript in the primaries and basically pushed through (which I don't think will happen again this time). But his major mistake was to pander to the base after the primaries, which is really what turned off the center votes.

I mean, at this point, they gotta know that the base will hold their noses and vote for them anyways, and that the base is not enough to get them elected.

I suspect they've learned from the last iteration, but we'll see.

CosmicCowboy
12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
You know the GOP is in dire straits when that's their leading candidate. Yikes.

Not that the Dems have a wealth of admired, respected politicians lining up for that role either, though. Hillary could fracture the base, Warren is too new (definite candidate for 2020 though) and Biden often makes a fool of himself.

Warren for 2020? I just don't see it. She may be the darling of the hardcore left but no way she is a viable candidate.

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Warren for 2020? I just don't see it. She may be the darling of the hardcore left but no way she is a viable candidate.

Even if I agreed with you, I think you underestimate how many people would vote for her just based upon reactionary politics.

I think she'd pull a ton of voters from the center just because she really seems to function outside the umbrella of Washington. She calls out everyone and doesn't seem to give a flip about party politics or how much money someone has.

Not sure if she'd make a good president but she's been pretty open in her criticism of Washington, and for that she's at least got my attention.

Spurminator
12-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Warren isn't a wingnut but would be pretty easily painted as such... It would be a huge long shot but I'd be 100% behind her.

angrydude
12-19-2014, 01:15 AM
At least warren would go after wallstreet.

She'd probably be a disaster in ever other respect, but at least she'd have that.

Maybe.

It'd be funny to see.

boutons_deux
12-19-2014, 05:39 AM

but she wouldn't catch them, because regulatory bills in Congress would ALL fail. Wall St OWNS Congress. (btw, Wall st LOVES Hillary)

The MIC, the militarized police, America's Mussolini "fascism" (govt + corporate combo = corporatocracy), the totally corrupt wealth-sucking financial sector, the wealth-sucking health racket, etc, etc, are all on an UNSTOPPABLE trajectory to hell for the 99%.

boutons_deux
12-19-2014, 05:57 AM
"After dinner, “Larry leaned back in his chair and offered me some advice,” Ms. Warren writes.

“I had a choice. I could be an insider or I could be an outsider. Outsiders can say whatever they want.

But people on the inside don’t listen to them.

Insiders, however, get lots of access and a chance to push their ideas.

People — powerful people — listen to what they have to say.

But insiders also understand one unbreakable rule: They don’t criticize other insiders."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/27/business/from-outside-or-inside-the-deck-looks-stacked.html

Yonivore
12-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Like a fucking jihadi flying a Boeing, I imagine.

She'd probably be a disaster in ever other respect, but at least she'd have that.

Maybe.
No doubt she'd be a disaster.

It'd be funny to see.[/QUOTE]