12-17-2014, 09:44 PM

Thread
12-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Wow.

Koolaid_Man
12-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Wow.

Larry Bird:

Speaking to ESPN's Bill Simmons (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/16463/b-s-report-larry-bird), Bird answers honestly. (via USA Today (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/02/larry-bird-would-want-kobe-for-a-teammate/1))

Well, probably Kobe, because of the fact that ... well, of course he wouldn't have been shooting as much as he does now ... but his desire to win, his dedication, to always get better, uh, and he's just, he's just tough. He's just a tough cat.

"But, if you want to have fun, like I did with Bill Walton, play with LeBron. It would have probably been more fun to play with LeBron, but if you want to win and win and win, it's Kobe. Not that LeBron's not a winner, just that (Bryant's) mindset is to go into every practice, every game, to get better."

Thread
12-17-2014, 09:49 PM
^Wow again.

King Emmanuel
12-17-2014, 09:50 PM
keep more of these coming kool :toast

scanry
12-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Cedric quoting Dr. J before Lebron won his second. How uncapri like.

Koolaid_Man
12-17-2014, 09:54 PM
^Wow again.

Dominique Wilkins

In your opinion who is the better all around player, Lebron James or Kobe Bryant? Also who would you have rather played with between the two?

Dominique Wilkins (12:12 PM)
They are very similar. Kobe in his prime was probably the better all around player.

http://espn.go.com/s...chat/_/id/49529 (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49529)

Koolaid_Man
12-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Kevin Durant:

While Durant wasn’t specifically addressing his own uncertain future, he insisted that the player perspective relating to Bryant shouldn’t be a hindrance as the 8-17 Lakers continue their laborious turnaround.

“Excuse my language, but that’s (expletive),” said Durant, who congratulated Bryant via text message after he surpassed Jordan on Sunday. “I want to play with a winner every single night, especially somebody who wants to win that bad, who works that hard, who demands a lot, who raises up your level. I’d want to play with a guy like that every day. … (His style) may make people uncomfortable, how he acts and just how he approaches the game, but I love that type of stuff. I think (the accusation) is BS.” …

“Just his work ethic, just his demeanor man,” Durant said when asked what he admired about Bryant. “He doesn’t mind being an (expletive), and he comes to work man. He’s intense. He demands a lot out of his teammates, and I’ve seen that just playing alongside him in the Olympics (in 2012). He demands a lot out of everybody. He makes them better. Everybody out on the court. You’ve got to respect that. As a player, I study guys like that. We might not have the same personality, but I think we approach the game the same way and I’ve learned a lot from just watching him.”

Thread
12-17-2014, 10:29 PM
My cockles are seriously warm.

unforeseen
12-17-2014, 11:29 PM
My cockles are seriously warm.

While another man keeps your old woman wet.

tee, hee

unforeseen
12-17-2014, 11:59 PM
As long as Kirby doesn't ring

lefty
12-18-2014, 12:31 AM
- Julius was glorified dunker
- shot bricks from the perimeter

- AND he needed a star big man (in his case Moses) to win the NBA title

So it's not surprising he picked Kirby TBH

namlook
12-18-2014, 02:20 AM
- Julius was glorified dunker
- shot bricks from the perimeter

- AND he needed a star big man (in his case Moses) to win the NBA title

So it's not surprising he picked Kirby TBH

Not surprising Bird picked him either for the same reasons...umm...oh wait a minute....

lefty
12-18-2014, 02:45 AM
Not surprising Bird picked him either for the same reasons...umm...oh wait a minute....

Bird is a great GM

Oh wait a minute...

Mr Bones
12-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Speaking to ESPN's Bill Simmons, Bird answers honestly. (via USA Today)

Well, probably Kobe, because of the fact that ... well, of course he wouldn't have been shooting as much as he does now ... but his desire to win, his dedication, to always get better, uh, and he's just, he's just tough. He's just a tough cat.

"But, if you want to have fun, like I did with Bill Walton, play with LeBron. It would have probably been more fun to play with LeBron, but if you want to win and win and win, it's Kobe. Not that LeBron's not a winner, just that (Bryant's) mindset is to go into every practice, every game, to

But in the Bird vs Magic match-up, Bird is the more serious one and Magic is more "fun." Who won that match up? Bird just feels more temperamentally connected to Kobe. It's just like when people say that Kevin Garnett's trash talking exaggerated intensity is admirable because he's a "winner." Well, he won one NBA championship. Tim Duncan won five, and never needed to behave like Garnett.

MultiTroll
12-18-2014, 11:00 AM
But in the Bird vs Magic match-up, Bird is the more serious one and Magic is more "fun." Who won that match up? Bird just feels more temperamentally connected to Kobe. It's just like when people say that Kevin Garnett's trash talking exaggerated intensity is admirable because he's a "winner." Well, he won one NBA championship. Tim Duncan won five, and never needed to behave like Garnett.
Have "fun like with Bill Walton?"
Not sure what Bird is fabricating.
1986 Celts one of the GOAT teams.
Celts practices with Billy Walton and Bob Parish going at it were said to be legendary.

STFU Bird. Do you owe Kobme some money he fronted you or what?

Thread
12-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Kool Aid Man

Spur-Addict
12-18-2014, 11:28 AM
While another man keeps your old woman wet.

tee, hee

:rollin