PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Rondo to Mavs?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-17-2014, 11:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12045409/rajon-rondo-subject-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-trade-talks

Multiple draft picks and Brandon Wright?

Franklin
12-18-2014, 12:03 AM
overrated stat padder imho. he's better than any PG on our squad but I don't think he's worth losing Wright who leads the league in FG%, not to say the draft picks. Wright is a solid piece off the bench for us and trading him away would leave us even more shorthanded in the paint imho. That said, i'd wet my pants celebrating it if we could somehow make boston accept the package of Harris/Felton/trash in exchange for Rondo tbh, then we'd still have serviceable bench players on the back court (JJB and Nelson) while our starting 5 would be stacked as fuck: TC/Dirk/Parsons/Ellis/Rondo, we STACKED!!!

Phillip
12-18-2014, 12:16 AM
I've never been much of a fan of his, but his defense and command of the offense would definitely be welcomed. But if they give up Wright, they better have a way to get some sort of serviceable big man in to back Tyson up, preferably someone who is defensive minded.

If they can give up Wright/junk/picks and get Rondo and a solid defensive backup center, it's fully worth it. Will be nice to have someone other than Barea who can give a good entry pass to Dirk in the post.

Franklin
12-18-2014, 12:31 AM
there ain't that many serviceable big men out there available my friend. Wright been doing a great job for us this season and there's no guarantee we could get anyone nearly as good. Acquiring Rondo would make our backcourt even more crowded and dipshits like Felton and Nelson would be pretty much redundant. It'd be best if we could get Rondo without losing Wright of course, but if he's just what Boston demand, we'd have to involve a 3rd team or seek another trade immediately in order to convert some of our guards (not named JJB who's our best PG right now imho) into one, hopefully two cheap big guys who're defensive minded. Trading our best bench big for a PG who can't even shoot would definitely come with risks and I doubt such risks are worthwhile when our team has been playing fairly well so far, so I agree with you, we shall not pull the trigger unless we're sure we can get one or two hardcore defensive bigs to replace Wright and back up TC.