PDA

View Full Version : That was one of the best regular season games in franchise history, tbh..

Malik Hairston
12-17-2014, 11:45 PM
These meaningless games are usually pretty boring, but tonight's game was extremely entertaining, despite the loss..

Great fight from the Spurs, down 23 without Kawhi/Patty and with Bonner getting big minutes against a team that was desperate to beat them after 10 straight losses, tbh:toast

Chris
12-17-2014, 11:46 PM
:cry Duncan's bank shot :cry wasted :cry

apalisoc_9
Green was amazing tonight..

easily the most entertaining game this season, IMO.

Cry Havoc
Agreed. Hell of a fight by our guys.

Chinook
Good game, but some major anti-clutch plays by the vets cost them.

KL2
12-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Hopefully KY & Patty come back soon so we can get back to winning, Spurs did their best without them.

Chris
Parker and Leonard play and we win easily tbh even MVPatty would have put us over

midnightpulp
I ain't buying the "meaningless" this time. The Spurs are the 7th seed and they're going to have to pull their collective head at out of their collective sorry asses if they want a top 4 seed. It'd be meaningless and "coasting" if the Spurs were 20-5 or something, but they're not.

And of course Pop's micromanaging ass is going to sit every one next game.

RD2191
12-17-2014, 11:48 PM
I ain't buying the "meaningless" this time. The Spurs are the 7th seed and they're going to have to pull their collective head at out of their collective sorry asses if they want a top 4 seed. It'd be meaningless and "coasting" if the Spurs were 20-5 or something, but they're not.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Great game. My view on Memphis doesn't change. They could barely beat the spurs without our best players.

gilmor2002
12-17-2014, 11:49 PM
What's the record with Kawhi out so far?

Sean Cagney
12-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Tough loss, 7th seed they fall to and a TOUGH road ahead of them so they might fall even further. They need to get healthy, period.

ElNono
12-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Amazing game... team shown a lot of fight to come back from such a big hole...

Malik Hairston

If these games meant anything, Pop wouldn't be playing Bonner so much, and he wouldn't be sitting out Kawhi and Parker with minor injuries every week:lol..

The Spurs don't care about home court, nor should they..everybody on the team has championship experience now, it doesn't matter, especially since OKC won't have a top 4 seed, either..

It's the 3rd straight run to the Finals, Pop has to be extra cautious this year..

midnightpulp
Amazing game... team shown a lot of fight to come back from such a big hole...

Nice clutch TOs, too.

timtonymanu
December meltdowns tbh :lol

People really overrate the competition in the West.

SpursFan86
Good game, but some major anti-clutch plays by the vets cost them.

Yup. Diaw and Manu in particular with those two just straight up stupid passes after we had just made big stops. Then you had poor Duncan missing some absolute gimmes at the rim, as well as doing his best Shaq impression at the FT line.

spurtech09
12-17-2014, 11:51 PM
what a waste though....spurs had the game in the bag......

timtonymanu
If these games meant anything, Pop wouldn't be playing Bonner so much, and he wouldn't be sitting out Kawhi and Parker with minor injuries every week:lol..

The Spurs don't care about home court, nor should they..everybody on the team has championship experience now, it doesn't matter, especially since OKC won't have a top 4 seed, either..

It's the 3rd straight run to the Finals, Pop has to be extra cautious this year..

Tbh

ElNono
You wanna win a game like that because you put so much work into it... but man, both teams just kept making unbelievable shots...

ElNono
12-17-2014, 11:52 PM
FTs cost us too, not just TD...

Malik Hairston
The actual result is irrelevant..the turnovers were ugly and so were the missed FTs, but if a competent ref sees Marc Gasol's obvious travel on the GW bank shot, the game is over:lol..

100%duncan

I'm goin with Mid on this one.

Juggity
12-17-2014, 11:53 PM

I dunno if you've looked at the standings lately, but the spurs are a 7th seed right now. The losses are piling up quicker this season and the west is much better. The upcoming schedule is all tough games for the rest of the month. This year there are legitimate reasons to be concerned

KaiRMD1
12-17-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm still pissed that Manu cost us the game. Ah, no biggie I guess, December Spurs

TheGreatYacht
12-17-2014, 11:54 PM

Keep thinking that, you're on your own

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
Nice clutch TOs, too.

I'm disappointed in you, dude. You have been melting down pretty hard as of late..

baseline bum
Wasted a night when Enrique was glued to the bench. Shit's unacceptable tbh.

cd021
A for effort. I'm exhausted just watching the game with a rooting interest. Green had a monster game. Duncan couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from the line but made big plays (alley oop, alley opp to Manu, 3OT forcing jumper) he did miss a shot point blank in the final minute and had a tough turnover late in 3OT (that was probably more of a bad pass).

Couldn't help but think a little about the rumors of Gasol and the Spurs. They are 3-12 against the Spurs since 2011 with 4 OTs to get two of those wins against us. If the Grizzlies flame out in the first round (possibly against us) then I'd hope our chance are slightly improved in luring him to S.A

HI-FI
12-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Damn, didnt see this one. Fuck it sucks they lost. Sounds like a classic though. As long as Spurs make playoffs as healthy as possible, I don't care about seeding as much.

get well Kawhi and Patty, we aren't the same team without you.

Spur|n|Austin
12-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Awesome game to watch, even had my wife (who sits through only 50% or so of the regular season games) out and enjoying the game.

An equally tough loss..

hitmantb
12-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Memphis played the #1 team last night, they were low on gas in the final quarter against a rested Spurs team, the game shouldn't have been that close with the injuries Spurs have.

Still I rather have us blown out by 20 points instead of 3 OT's and 45 minutes for Duncan, 55 minutes for Green, so scared for them to try to do something crazy and get a serious injury.

BillMc
These meaningless games are usually pretty boring, but tonight's game was extremely entertaining, despite the loss..

Great fight from the Spurs, down 23 without Kawhi/Patty and with Bonner getting big minutes against a team that was desperate to beat them after 10 straight losses, tbh:toast

Yep. It sucks to lose but man that was epic.

RD2191

An up and coming top seed could beat the Spurs with HCA. Given the fact they'll more than likely be hungrier and the Spurs very tired after back to back finals runs.

Mugen
12-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Easily one of the most entertaining games in the Duncan era. Not even mad tbh, good stuff to get you through a long regular season.

midnightpulp
12-17-2014, 11:57 PM

I don't know. I'm just sensing way too much complacency from pock face this year. Sure, home court isn't absolutely vital for a team like the Spurs, but it sure as hell increases your odds. You also don't want this team killing themselves in pursuit of top 4 seed in the latter half of the season.

I still think they're the favorite when completely healthy, but the laissez faire mentality from Pop and the team is slightly worrying. I don't want them to get arrogant thinking they could "flip the switch" at anytime.

ElNono
12-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Easily one of the most entertaining games in the Duncan era. Not even mad tbh, good stuff to get you through a long regular season.

yeah, you normally don't get entertainment like this, tbh

cd021
FTs cost us too, not just TD...
Almost impossible to win games when a team misses 14 FTs. If we had shot 70% we would have been +6

Budkin
It's not great if they lose.

BatManu20
Greatest Spurs game in the regular season in a long time. I honestly can't remember a better one, tbh.

loveforthegame
What's the record with Kawhi out so far?

2-2 ???

Won: Dallas, Knicks
Loss: Lakers, Memphis

midnightpulp
12-17-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm disappointed in you, dude. You have been melting down pretty hard as of late..

Getting tired of the shit basketball this team is playing.

Horse
12-17-2014, 11:59 PM
Even though they had a 23 pt lead we blew this game like 10 different times.

Spurs9
12-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Ginobili was our Fisher tonight :cry

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:00 AM
I don't know. I'm just sensing way too much complacency from pock face this year. Sure, home court isn't absolutely vital for a team like the Spurs, but it sure as hell increases your odds. You also don't want this team killing themselves in pursuit of top 4 seed in the latter half of the season.

I still think they're the favorite when completely healthy, but the laissez faire mentality from Pop and the team is slightly worrying. I don't want them to get arrogant thinking they could "flip the switch" at anytime.

To be fair 3 huge key players are injured. I'm madder at Pop when he sits players for "rest" 1/4th games into the season against mediocre teams just because it's the 2nd night of a b2b

cd021
12-18-2014, 12:01 AM
An up and coming top seed could beat the Spurs with HCA. Given the fact they'll more than likely be hungrier and the Spurs very tired after back to back finals runs.

On the flip side Memphis needed 30Ts to beat us while we missed 14 FTs and had 2 starters and a backup PG miss the game. Portland didn't blow away our B team

Malik Hairston
12-18-2014, 12:01 AM
It's not a matter of "flipping the switch", though..this isn't last year's Spurs that flipped the switch after struggling to beat good teams, all year..

The Spurs aren't playing poorly, overall..they've already defeated the Warriors, Grizzlies, Clippers, Cavs, Mavs, etc..

Their disappointing losses have been against mediocre and bad teams, which is a clear indication of coasting and complacency..of course it's frustrating for the fans, since they are wasting games in a conference where Memphis and Golden State are trying to win the regular season championships, but it doesn't mean much in the long run..

Whether the stupid losses to bad teams are going to kill them later on is debatable, but I think it's very evident that Pop doesn't care about this year's regular season, based on his tendencies, so far..this team has had way too many injuries(exacerbating the age concerns) to give a shit about getting a top 4 seed IMO..

Spursfanfromafar
12-18-2014, 12:02 AM
The loss was due to the fact that the Spurs had to depend upon 39 and 38 year old legends to take them to the win. Good game by Danny Green, but the Spurs can't just think of defeating Father Time along with the opposition they face. Hopefully when money time (playoffs) start, all the younger plays - Tony, Kawhi, Patty are fit & raring to go.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:02 AM
It's not a matter of "flipping the switch", though..

The Spurs aren't playing poorly, at all..they've already defeated the Warriors, Grizzlies, Clippers, Cavs, Mavs, etc..

Their bad losses have been against mediocre and bad teams, which is a clear indication of coasting and complacency..

Whether that's going to kill them later on is debatable, but I think it's very evident that Pop doesn't care about this year's regular season, based on his tendencies, so far..
That's the thing, he should especially when you are already at the bottom half of the playoff seedings.

Arcadian
12-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Yes it was! An instant classic. It even reminded me of some classic playoff games at times (the Duncan shot from 2004, the Manu mistakes from 2013, etc).

BatManu20
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
It's not a matter of "flipping the switch", though..

The Spurs aren't playing poorly, at all..they've already defeated the Warriors, Grizzlies, Clippers, Cavs, Mavs, etc..

Their bad losses have been against mediocre and bad teams, which is a clear indication of coasting and complacency..

Whether that's going to kill them later on is debatable, but I think it's very evident that Pop doesn't care about this year's regular season, based on his tendencies, so far..

You're wasting your logical posts on shitty posters, tbh.. people who really know basketball and the Spurs know this. Unfortunately, they're few and far between on ST.

Ice009
12-18-2014, 12:05 AM

As I said about a week ago, Spurs are going to be fighting with OKC for the 7th and 8th seed with this resting shit Pop started.

He's now put us in a hole and now the players he's supposed to be resting are going to get run into the ground because other guys who are supposed to be playing are injured. I guess Pop didn't take injuries into account when he starting this resting shit and not taking games seriously this early in the season.

apalisoc_9
12-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Wasted a night when Enrique was glued to the bench. Shit's unacceptable tbh.

:lmao

Mugen
12-18-2014, 12:08 AM
That's the thing, he should especially when you are already at the bottom half of the playoff seedings.

The Spurs can win anywhere tbh. I've felt they needed HCA throughout the past couple of years but don't think so this season. The only team I can see them needing homecourt is against OKC and they've got games on them still. To run this team into the ground in a meaningless regular season would be retarded.

Ice009
12-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Pop should have pushed the team to get the wins early so we can afford to lose games like this and rest later in the season.

Not happy with Pop resting players this early in the season and now with the injuries, he's put them in a bad spot.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:12 AM
The Spurs can win anywhere tbh. I've felt they needed HCA throughout the past couple of years but don't think so this season. The only team I can see them needing homecourt is against OKC and they've got games on them still. To run this team into the ground in a meaningless regular season would be retarded.

You would atleast want them to have 2 series HCA and just hope they have a better record against the East's finalist. It's not easy to go from coasting to average to championship form and by the looks of it now they are really far away from it, granted that we are missing key guys, while the rest of the West is stacking up wins. I'm not saying playing the old guys 30+ mins a game but Pop has been so overly cautious recently with his "rests" which might cost us later in the season.

wildchild
12-18-2014, 12:12 AM
The actual result is irrelevant...

I'm not sure, the Spurs can't seal a win in overtime this season. Three losses in last three overtime games (Nets, Lakers, Grizz)

Ice009
12-18-2014, 12:14 AM
You would atleast want them to have 2 series HCA and just hope they have a better record against the East's finalist. It's not easy to go from coasting to average to championship form and by the looks of it now they are really far away from it, granted that we are missing key guys, while the rest of the West is stacking up wins. I'm not saying playing the old guys 30+ mins a game but Pop has been so overly cautious recently with his "rests" which might cost us later in the season.

That's what I've been trying to say for the last week +. Now you guys are starting to give a shit, huh?

midnightpulp
12-18-2014, 12:15 AM
It's not a matter of "flipping the switch", though..this isn't last year's Spurs that flipped the switch after struggling to beat good teams, all year..

The Spurs aren't playing poorly, overall..they've already defeated the Warriors, Grizzlies, Clippers, Cavs, Mavs, etc..

Their disappointing losses have been against mediocre and bad teams, which is a clear indication of coasting and complacency..of course it's frustrating for the fans, since they are wasting games in a conference where Memphis and Golden State are trying to win the regular season championships, but it doesn't mean much in the long run..

Whether the stupid losses to bad teams are going to kill them later on is debatable, but I think it's very evident that Pop doesn't care about this year's regular season, based on his tendencies, so far..this team has had way too many injuries(exacerbating the age concerns) to give a shit about getting a top 4 seed IMO..

Interesting thing is that they cared a lot about the regular season last year. They came roaring out of the gate, Duncan played 74 games, and if not for Kawhi getting injured, the Spurs could've conceivably won 65-67 games. Pop was often quoted admitting that not having home court in the 2013 Finals was costly (and yes, they were good enough to beat Miami in 2013 without home court, but having a potential game 7 at home is a huge advantage), so he kept the team sharp during the entire regular season in pursuit of the best regular season record.

Granted, the team has been hit with some injuries, but Pop isn't helping matters by sitting key players for minor injuries and playing suck ass Bonner so much. I know this is all Sound and Fury on my part. The Spurs metrics are great despite the injuries and lax play, and once this team gets healthy and in rhythm, they should roll. I just don't want something as seemingly trivial as not having home court in the 2nd round or something to derail their repeat aspirations.

RD2191
12-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Not too worried but these guys need to go on a win streak soon.

pgardn
12-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Poorly played, poorly coached, but had all the big shots and screwups necessary for an engaged audience to complain or praise about 100 different moments deemed crucial.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:16 AM
That's what I've been trying to say for the last week +. Now you guys are starting to give a shit, huh?

Of course I'm going to give a shit now, the record last week and now isn't the same. :rolleyes

Mugen
12-18-2014, 12:18 AM

Meh. I haven't seen a single team this season close to the 2014 Finals Spurs level of play. Granted, the Spurs probably won't match that play either but I'm not shitting my pants in December when the team is obviously coasting.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Meh. I haven't seen a single team this season close to the 2014 Finals Spurs level of play. Granted, the Spurs probably won't match that play either but I'm not shitting my pants in December when the team is obviously coasting.

fair enough

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Spurs are about to enter a tailspin after this, unfortunately. Still think Green got hurt on that terrible Manu pass and will prolly miss time. 7-8 game losing streak on the docket...

/emo

Real talk, that game was fun as hell to watch.

pgardn
12-18-2014, 12:21 AM

In December...

What happens when Gasol, Curry, Aldridge, Westbrook, Harden, and Nowistski get injured for a month... Again in most cases.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:22 AM
In December...

What happens when Duncan/Kawhi/Parker get injured for a month and Mills reinjures his shoulder once he comes back... Again in most cases.

Legacy
12-18-2014, 12:22 AM
Almost impossible to win games when a team misses 14 FTs. If we had shot 70% we would have been +6

This. Again. :bang

look_at_g_shred
12-18-2014, 12:23 AM
FTs cost us too, not just manu...

Malik Hairston
12-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Interesting thing is that they cared a lot about the regular season last year. They came roaring out of the gate, Duncan played 74 games, and if not for Kawhi getting injured, the Spurs could've conceivably won 65-67 games. Pop was often quoted admitting that not having home court in the 2013 Finals was costly (and yes, they were good enough to beat Miami in 2013 without home court, but having a potential game 7 at home is a huge advantage), so he kept the team sharp during the entire regular season in pursuit of the best regular season record.

Granted, the team has been hit with some injuries, but Pop isn't helping matters by sitting key players for minor injuries and playing suck ass Bonner so much. I know this is all Sound and Fury on my part. The Spurs metrics are great despite the injuries and lax play, and once this team gets healthy and in rhythm, they should roll. I just don't want something as seemingly trivial as not having home court in the 2nd round or something to derail their repeat aspirations.

Last year was different, though..

This year's team is coming off two runs into mid-June, that's a ton of miles on Duncan/Ginobili/Parker and even other older players like Diaw..from everything we heard during the off-season, it sounded like Pop was going to ride Kawhi this season, he's the young star on the team that would be playing 35+ per game(IMO), but he hasn't been able to stay on the floor, unfortunately..

pgardn
12-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Check our Bench.

Duncan's the only one who is not injured yet still being held back.
No need to go into labor.

Mugen
12-18-2014, 12:26 AM
Spurs are about to enter a tailspin after this, unfortunately. Still think Green got hurt on that terrible Manu pass and will prolly miss time. 7-8 game losing streak on the docket...

/emo

Real talk, that game was fun as hell to watch.

:lol You've been real emo this season so far, scro.

Don't worry about it IMO as the Spurs are still champs until proven otherwise and enjoy the last season you can yell at Manu on TV tbh....

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:27 AM
Check our Bench.

So you're saying that, Duncan/Kawhi/Parker/Manu being injured for a month won't affect the team's play? Look at what's happening when all the Spurs are missing(in the majority of the season so far) is a back up PG.

Saying that top team's best players could easily get injured and destroy their teams aspiration is retarded since it can basically happen to us as well, even worse is that we won't have any breathing room being the 7th seed.

Mugen
We win this game by 10+ in regulation if Patty plays tbh.......

ElNono

:lol Robz was a wreck last season too, tbh...

Malik Hairston

Don't worry about it IMO as the Spurs are still champs until proven otherwise and enjoy the last season you can yell at Manu on TV tbh....

Robz is a good poster, tbh, but he's always been pretty pessimistic about the Spurs:lol..

DarrinS
12-18-2014, 12:29 AM
Was just hoping to be within 10 pts, considering who we were playing and having Kawhi and TP out. Had no business forcing 3OT against this team. Loved the effort.

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 12:29 AM

Wanted to try robdiaz's style tbqh...

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 12:30 AM
Robz is a good poster, tbh, but he's always been pretty pessimistic about the Spurs:lol..

I'm a Niner/Charger/Padres/Rangers/Coyotes fan. Can you blame me?

RD2191
12-18-2014, 12:32 AM
:wakeup

BatManu20
12-18-2014, 12:32 AM
We win this game by 10+ in regulation if Patty plays tbh.......

Or if we just hit a couple FT's, tbh.

Malik Hairston
12-18-2014, 12:33 AM
I'm a Niner/Charger/Padres/Rangers/Coyotes fan. Can you blame me?

:lol I don't care about fans being emo about their team, tbh, everybody has their own style with watching sports..that Darius Bieber poster seems like he's going to kill himself after every bad Spurs play, for instance..

It's all good, there's no "right way" to be a fan..

pgardn
12-18-2014, 12:34 AM
So you're saying that, Duncan/Kawhi/Parker/Manu being injured for a month won't affect the team's play? Look at what's happening when all the Spurs are missing(in the majority of the season so far) is a back up PG.

Saying that top team's best players could easily get injured and destroy their teams aspiration is retarded since it can basically happen to us as well, even worse is that we won't have any breathing room being the 7th seed.

You seriously think the entire West as we see it now will hold to these winning %'s

No way.

And no I am not saying that. I am saying no one wins shit if injured come playoffs. We won last year because we got well. We are still the best team when healthy. I have seen anything to indicate otherwise as we have not seen our playoff rotations yet. Unless you have? We have yet to put a fully healthy team on the floor.

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 12:34 AM
:lol I don't care about fans being emo about their team, tbh, everybody has their own style with watching sports..that Darius Bieber poster seems like he's going to kill himself after every bad Spurs play, for instance..

It's all good, there's no "right way" to be a fan..

Unless you're all-around retarded like a certain cat fan...

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:36 AM
You seriously think the entire West as we see it now will hold to these winning %'s

No way.

And no I am not saying that. I am saying no one wins shit if injured come playoffs. We won last year because we got well. We are still the best team when healthy. I have seen nothing to indicate otherwise as we have not seen our playoff rotations yet. Unless you have? We have yet to put a fully healthy team on the floor.

I don't think anyone here has said that they doubt a healthy Spurs team to win games. Some, including me, are just worried that HCA might cost us in may or June.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Unless you're all-around retarded like a certain cat fan...

:rollin

HI-FI
12-18-2014, 12:37 AM
Robz cliff dives for the Niners and Spurs equally. Still one of the better posters though, just needs to drink less during games. Even if Spurs go on a tailspin, maybe Parker's pussy will heal and he'll start carrying the load.

pgardn
12-18-2014, 12:38 AM
I don't think anyone here has said that they doubt a healthy Spurs team to win games. Some, including me, are just worried that HCA might cost us in may or June.

Rather be healthy.
Fully.

Arcadian
12-18-2014, 12:38 AM
...I think it's very evident that Pop doesn't care about this year's regular season, based on his tendencies, so far..

Yes, we all agree on this point. Midnight is saying he is wrong to not care, though, considering how competitive the WC is this year.

I actually agree with you in that I'm not worried about the long run. The Spurs haven't been a complete team this whole season yet, and they don't need home court advantage. They're a great road team.

BUT, with that said, I agree with midnight that Pop is being a bitch this season. So you're both correct.

Mugen
12-18-2014, 12:39 AM
Wanted to try robdiaz's style tbqh...

Don't. Nobody should ingest that much CoJo semen tbh

All I'm saying is save the wrist cutting for May, instead of a meaningless December game against a team we've owned for 3 years tbh....

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:39 AM
Rather be healthy.
Fully.

That's really already implied with a team like the Spurs, the importance of the 9th man isn't far off the best player. Something like that.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:41 AM
:lol Robz is legit, tbh... he's mah dude... but yeah, I had to take the bottle away a couple of times last season, tbh...

RD2191
12-18-2014, 12:41 AM
Don't. Nobody should ingest that much CoJo semen tbh

All I'm saying is save the wrist cutting for May, instead of a meaningless December game against a team we've owned for 3 years tbh....
Don't be a faggot.

Mugen
12-18-2014, 12:42 AM
Don't be a faggot.

:lol sup ese, when's Patty coming back

Legacy
12-18-2014, 12:44 AM
With this rough patch of games coming up against WC rivals, I really think I'm going to have to take a break from watching the games. I have high blood pressure myself. :(

pgardn
12-18-2014, 12:44 AM
That's really already implied with a team like the Spurs, the importance of the 9th man isn't far off the best player. Something like that.

And I don't think the West will hold these %'s.

GS, Memphis, Houston, have yet to experience really rough patches.
They will. Portland is still a stupid young team imo.
This level of winning will not hold imo.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:46 AM

Certainly hope so. I've been one of the dudes that believe that GS is a fluke, Houston are playoff chokers and Memphis match-up badly against us.

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 12:47 AM
:cry I just finished my last final gaiz, lemme drink :cry

Legacy
12-18-2014, 12:48 AM

I have to agree with this. They won't hold up. They just aren't all beat up like The Spurs are right now. Just wait. ;)

Arcadian
12-18-2014, 12:50 AM
With this rough patch of games coming up against WC rivals, I really think I'm going to have to take a break from watching the games. I have high blood pressure myself. :(

Come on, comrade! If you could take the 2013 Finals, you can take anything. Surely you can take mid-regular season games.

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Come on, comrade! If you could take the 2013 Finals, you can take anything. Surely you can take mid-regular season games.
this :lol

Spurs fan should be martyrs in close games and heart breaks already

Legacy
12-18-2014, 12:52 AM

I still can't believe I survived that shit, tbh.

Mugen
12-18-2014, 12:54 AM
:cry I just finished my last final gaiz, lemme drink :cry

Man, I miss winter break tbh. Enjoy mah nig.

Arcadian
12-18-2014, 12:55 AM
I still can't believe I survived that shit, tbh.

But you lived to see another glorious day - vengeance was achieved over those Heat, and I have a feeling something similar will happen with these Grizzlies.

timtonymanu
12-18-2014, 12:57 AM
Still think the meltdown is premature. I'm beginning to think Patty is more important to the team than we think. The Spurs can easily go on a winning streak and be back in the mix. A top 2 seed may be out of reach but the Spurs can beat any West team even at the cost of HCA. Health is all that matters.

Mugen
12-18-2014, 01:00 AM
Still think the meltdown is premature. I'm beginning to think Patty is more important to the team than we think. The Spurs can easily go on a winning streak and be back in the mix. A top 2 seed may be out of reach but the Spurs can beat any West team even at the cost of HCA. Health is all that matters.

CoJo is solid but he's a terrible fit next to Manu. He's pretty much the perfect backup PG if the Spurs are healthy and TP is TP but we miss Patty very much against scrub teams like the Lakers and in games like tonight.

I think the Spurs probably finish as a 4th or 5th seed this season tbh which I'm perfectly fine with as long as they're healthy and OKC finishes 6th or 7th.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 01:00 AM
FWIW...

We still da champs!

RD2191
12-18-2014, 01:02 AM
:lol sup ese, when's Patty coming back
When he can dunk on Ibaka.:wakeup

justinandimcool
12-18-2014, 01:09 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin at any spurfan who isn't chilling in the middle of December, six months removed from a championship

chillin til April tbh, fun watching the games, enjoying the :lobt2:

heyheymymy
12-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Spurs were missing 2 NBA Finals MVP starters, a backup PG, ended up starting Matt Bonner and a rookie, missed 14 FTs, and trailed by 23 points at one point in the game. Still forced a difficult 3 pointer buzzer beater from a center and 3 Overtime sessions to only end up losing by 1 point after 2 crucial TOs from Diaw and Manu when the game was half in the bag. If this is a 7 game series MEM is going to have to do better than that. I'll save the melt for now, but the standings do look tough. Just gotta remember the Spurs are in total coast and rest mode. Getting and staying healthy is #1 and only for the San Antonio Spurs right now.

kobyz
12-18-2014, 01:31 AM
This is when the loses like to the lakers and Utah comes to hunt you, those are the bad loses that hurt you so much and you can't let them happened, you lose them cause you don't come to play like you should, that's what hurt your standing the most and also bring bad momentum and cause you to lose close games like this one...

Amuseddaysleeper
12-18-2014, 01:52 AM
It's only December but this one hurt badly.

Insane amount of heart breaking games already with Brooklyn/Lakers/Memphis

Whatever, outside of OKC and maybe Houston not too worried about anyone else in the West.

timtonymanu
12-18-2014, 01:59 AM
CoJo is solid but he's a terrible fit next to Manu. He's pretty much the perfect backup PG if the Spurs are healthy and TP is TP but we miss Patty very much against scrub teams like the Lakers and in games like tonight.

I think the Spurs probably finish as a 4th or 5th seed this season tbh which I'm perfectly fine with as long as they're healthy and OKC finishes 6th or 7th.

Yep plus the team is lacking that fire because of coasting and Patty's energy and hustle is missed right now.

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 02:42 AM
Tbh, as long as the Spurs murderstomp Portland Friday and go beat Memphis at home again in a week or so, this loss won't hurt at all.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 02:49 AM
good stuff on the postgame videos on spurs.com, tbh

BatManu20
12-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Tbh, as long as the Spurs murderstomp Portland Friday and go beat Memphis at home again in a week or so, this loss won't hurt at all.

I don't see how we win that game if Timmy and Manu both sit. Are Tony and Kawhi expected back?

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 03:07 AM
good stuff on the postgame videos on spurs.com, tbh

What was said? On my phone so I can't see any postgame vids.

timtonymanu
12-18-2014, 03:09 AM
Last year was different, though..

This year's team is coming off two runs into mid-June, that's a ton of miles on Duncan/Ginobili/Parker and even other older players like Diaw..from everything we heard during the off-season, it sounded like Pop was going to ride Kawhi this season, he's the young star on the team that would be playing 35+ per game(IMO), but he hasn't been able to stay on the floor, unfortunately..

The circumstances were also different last season. The Spurs needed to bounce back from the devastating 2013 Finals so I think they were more motivated to get HCA and had something to prove. This year, they are still experiencing a championship hangover and are coasting. People are really overrating the competition in the West because of their ridiculously hot starts. OKC and maybe Houston are the only threats to the Spurs repeating. Like you said, Memphis and Golden State can have their regular season championship. :lol

Robz4000
12-18-2014, 03:11 AM
I don't see how we win that game if Timmy and Manu both sit. Are Tony and Kawhi expected back?

He better not sit them Friday...

romain.star
12-18-2014, 03:59 AM
FWIW...

We still da champs!

Nope, you are ElNono

Prose
12-18-2014, 10:23 AM
:cry Duncan's bank shot :cry wasted :cry
2004 repeats it self

ElNono
12-18-2014, 01:15 PM
What was said? On my phone so I can't see any postgame vids.

Pop with the "we made too many uncharacteristic mistakes" bads
Tim with the "i missed too many freebies" bads
Manu with the "i was tired and I jacked up a terrible shot" bads

overall, all 3 recognized that they got themselves into a big hole and they can't do that. But Pop said he was proud of the team showing character to fight back.

ceperez
12-18-2014, 03:17 PM

I agree. Took lots of determination to take this into 3 OT. I think Pop just threw in the towel on the last possession.

RD2191
12-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Pop with the "we made too many uncharacteristic mistakes" bads
Tim with the "i missed too many freebies" bads
Manu with the "i was tired and I jacked up a terrible shot" bads

overall, all 3 recognized that they got themselves into a big hole and they can't do that. But Pop said he was proud of the team showing character to fight back.
:lol

Malik Hairston
12-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Another entertaining game, tbh:lol..

Thankful to the Spurs, particularly Duncan and DG, for providing entertainment in December, where games are usually meaningless and boring as fuck..

4 OT games in the past 11 games, 0-4 record:lmao..making it fun to watch Spurs games, at least..

timtonymanu
12-19-2014, 11:16 PM
It's not fun seeing Belinelli be a Spur though. I honestly hope he gets injured. Daye would actually be better at this point.