PDA

View Full Version : Tim and Manu have to retire after this season (THANKS TD AND MANU)

chasky
12-17-2014, 11:57 PM
They have no gasoline in the tank, still produce a lot giving a huge physical advantage but is time to move on. Personally, I like that great athletes, like Manu and Tim, retire when still are competitive in some ways, before that the sport kick them off the court, then this is the season for Tim and Manu, just my opinion. Thanks Tim, Thanks Manu.

TheGreatYacht
12-17-2014, 11:58 PM
Take Timmy's name off this thread, please

100%duncan
12-17-2014, 11:59 PM
Bookmarked tbh :lol

ElNono
if not for those two this is a 30pt blowout loss...

RD2191
I agree. Parker can gtfo too.

HI-FI
12-18-2014, 12:00 AM

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:01 AM
I mean, if Bonner doesn't play, we probably win by 10-15 pts..

Juggity

:tu

Silver&Black
I wonder was OP saying that when Timmy hit that shot to send it to another overtime??

BTW didn't Duncan have like 20/10 tonight?

OP needs to off himself....

bobcatfan4life
A typical spurfan meltdown

Budkin
Ok after we repeat they can retire.

BillMc
12-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Timmy is still arguably our best player and at worst 3rd. Manu is no worse than our 6thbest player. Both will be very hard to replace. I want them to continue on...

apalisoc_9
12-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Meh, would love for them to come back next season, but with different roles.

If they are willing to accept the change in usage rate, would love to have them back..

Gone are days where Tim, Manu and Parker are favored over Kawhi...

Kawhi just won them the finals as the guy, it's only fair to have him be the guy now that they are old as dirt..

fresnodog
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Are you kidding me! 23 and 16 rebounds! Manu dumb turnover cost game but they did good. That game should of been a blowout. If your only a fan when they win GTFO! cheer the grizzly bears

DarrinS
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Please bump this thread in December of the year Tim and Manu retire

apalisoc_9
12-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Timmy is still arguably our best player and at worst 3rd. Manu is no worse than our 6thbest player. Both will be very hard to replace. I want them to continue on...

Lol typical spurs fans with their Nostalgia BS..

Kawhi is the best and most valuable spur..

chasky
12-18-2014, 12:07 AM
if not for those two this is a 30pt blowout loss...

TD was -19 today, so no.

fresnodog
12-18-2014, 12:08 AM
How quickly people forget when timmy won the game against okc. No Duncan no rings!

BillMc
12-18-2014, 12:08 AM

I guess you don't know what "arguably best player" means nor did you manage to finish my sentence where I said at "worst third".

apalisoc_9
12-18-2014, 12:09 AM
I guess you don't know what "arguably best player" means nor did you manage to finish my sentence where I said at "worst third".

It's not even arguable...That's the point.

DarrinS
How quickly people forget when timmy won the game against okc. No Duncan no rings!

I seem to recall Manu hitting a clutch 3 in that series

Nathan89
Tim is worth much more than his contract and still one of the best bigs in the league. If you want that off the team you are an idiot.

chasky
12-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Are you kidding me! 23 and 16 rebounds! Manu dumb turnover cost game but they did good. That game should of been a blowout. If your only a fan when they win GTFO! cheer the grizzly bears

Given the opportunities he had, TD should have gotten 30+

BillMc

It's arguable.

testies
Duncan is fucking horrible this game. Its pathetic the protection he gets here for being american

spurraider21
12-18-2014, 12:11 AM
I seem to recall Manu hitting a clutch 3 in that series
ur too pro-immigrant to see this clearly

apalisoc_9
12-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Duncan is fucking horrible this game. Its pathetic the protection he gets here for being american

Just look at billmc...

not exatly about being american, but in general..

DarrinS
12-18-2014, 12:12 AM
ur too pro-immigrant to see this clearly

:lol

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:15 AM
TD was -19 today, so no.

meh, TD wasn't part of the actual comeback, so his +/- will take a hit, but we consistently went to him in the post this game... we were basically running Manu/Tim and some Green here and there... that was our entire offense in the 4th quarter and the 3 OTs...

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:19 AM
:lol I mean, if after this particular game you think those guys are done, I dunno what to tell you...

chasky
12-18-2014, 12:20 AM
meh, TD wasn't part of the actual comeback, so his +/- will take a hit, but we consistently went to him in the post this game... we were basically running Manu/Tim and some Green here and there... that was our entire offense in the 4th quarter and the 3 OTs...

True, but was a close game in the 4th. No 30 point blowout.

apalisoc_9
12-18-2014, 12:23 AM
:lol I mean, if after this particular game you think those guys are done, I dunno what to tell you...

Obvious overreaction from OP...

But at some point the over reliance, should stop...specially early in the season when can try out the younger guys in clutch situation..

Dunxan has been awful in the post. I'll give Manu a break, mainly because he is just doing Tony's job right now but damn even Kawhi is in..He's taking every damn possession in the last minute or two..

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:24 AM
True, but was a close game in the 4th. No 30 point blowout.

:lol that's what Im saying, this would've been a 30pt blowout if Tim and Gino are not there...

As much as the Spurs sucked in the 1st half, Tim was basically the only guy scoring, despite the missed freebies..

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:26 AM

But at some point the over reliance, should stop...specially early in the season when can try out the younger guys in clutch situation..

Dunxan has been awful in the post. I'll give Manu a break, mainly because he is just doing Tony's job right now but damn even Kawhi is in..He's taking every damn possession in the last minute or two..

He's just who Pop wants with the ball in the last couple of minutes... if Tony would be there, he'll probably get some of those plays too...

It's Pop that gotta trust the other guys more, tbh

hitmantb
12-18-2014, 12:30 AM
Pop needs to draw up plays for Green and Leonard in the final minutes.

And since Duncan's our favorite player, do you really want him to play like Hakeem in Raptors before he retires? I want to remember him as a great player.

MinuteByMinuteSports
12-18-2014, 12:32 AM
They have no gasoline in the tank, still produce a lot giving a huge physical advantage but is time to move on. Thanks Tim, Thanks Manu.

Couldn't agree more. Timmy should have retired after winning No. 5 last June. To me, he's bringing the team down by Pop constantly resting him, if he would have retired when he had the chance, we could have used that money to get someone in his place. By Pop constantly resting him, it brings the team down and costs us losses. Like tonight. Even though he had 23 points, he missed free throws when it counted. So yes, couldn't agree more.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Pop needs to draw up plays for Green and Leonard in the final minutes.

And since Duncan's our favorite player, do you really want him to play like Hakeem in Raptors before he retires? I want to remember him as a great player.

He did draw a play for Green in this game... right before Marc his that bullshit 3...

100%duncan
12-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Couldn't agree more. Timmy should have retired after winning No. 5 last June. To me, he's bringing the team down by Pop constantly resting him, if he would have retired when he had the chance, we could have used that money to get someone in his place. By Pop constantly resting him, it brings the team down and costs us losses. Like tonight. Even though he had 23 points, he missed free throws when it counted. So yes, couldn't agree more.

:rollin

chasky
12-18-2014, 12:36 AM

Personally, I like that great athletes, like Manu and Tim, retire when still are competitive in some ways, before the sport kick them off the court, then this is the season for Tim and Manu, just my opinion.

DarrinS
12-18-2014, 12:38 AM
He did draw a play for Green in this game... right before Marc his that bullshit 3...

That was just a really looong Eurostep, tbh :lol

BatManu20
12-18-2014, 12:39 AM
Goddamn ST is full of some of the stupidest fucks that walk this planet's surface, tbh.

Woe is me.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 12:39 AM
Personally, I like that great athletes, like Manu and Tim, retire when still are competitive in some ways, before the sport kick them off the court, then this is the season for Tim and Manu, just my opinion.

I do too, but these guys are still playing at a high level... I mean the current state of the league is terrible...

Unless the Spurs luck out landing AD or somebody similar, it's gonna be a while till we ring up again after those two retire...

tim_duncan_fan
12-18-2014, 01:16 AM
I just want Tim to not choke at the line or within 15ft, tbh. If he stops being so neurotic and timid and hits 80% from the line, then this is a different game.

I didn't even get to see the game, but I can tell what happened. Tim whigged the fuck out against the Memphis frontline and rushed shot attempts, went up super-weak in the lane and missed two free throws in a row, consequently losing all confidence at the line for the night.

As great as Tim is and was, if he had just a little more confidence in himself, he would have been even better.

Sometimes these shaky-confidence nights cost us games. It's happened before and will happen again. We just move on to the next one.

With all said and done, we apparently played the full Grizzlies to a stand still on a shitty night with no Parker, Kawhi or MVPatty.

We're actually ok.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Tim went toe to toe with one of the best bigs in the league right now. He had a bad night from the charity stripe, but even that was uncharacteristic.

Prose
12-18-2014, 10:30 AM

Bitch please have you heard of something called rim protection.

Dre_7
12-18-2014, 04:10 PM

Over reliance? What else are the Spurs supposed to do when they are playing without Kawhi, Tony, and Patty?

Mouth is Bleeding
12-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Goddamn ST is full of some of the stupidest fucks that walk this planet's surface, tbh.

Woe is me.

It's beyond terrible

I would ban countless people

milkyway21
12-18-2014, 05:25 PM
They have no gasoline in the tank, still produce a lot giving a huge physical advantage but is time to move on. Personally, I like that great athletes, like Manu and Tim, retire when still are competitive in some ways, before that the sport kick them off the court, then this is the season for Tim and Manu, just my opinion. Thanks Tim, Thanks Manu.

:shootme

Clipper Nation
12-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Meh, would love for them to come back next season, but with different roles.

If they are willing to accept the change in usage rate, would love to have them back..

Gone are days where Tim, Manu and Parker are favored over Kawhi...

Kawhi just won them the finals as the guy, it's only fair to have him be the guy now that they are old as dirt..

The goods.